THREE POINTS FROM SAFETY

JJ93

Today's result is less than impressive and serious questions have to be asked about why are are conceding so many goals.

That aside, we are three points from 10th. St Mirren have a game in hand after their game against Motherwell was postponed today so their next game is at home to US on Friday 21st Feb.

Hamilton's next game is against Motherwell at home.

Three points off 10th. Plus we play all the bottom sides after the split. It isn't anywhere near over yet so stop being so pessimistic. I was like that then I sobered up.

These players need to be shot - as does Levein etc - but to say it is a foregone conclusion that we are going down when we are only three points from safety is silly.

Keep the faith. Let's hope we survive then we can get rid of all the sh*t - including in the Boardroom, regretably in one case at least - next season.

Edited by JJ93

We also for a period of over a year just now have been the worst team in the league.  Wind the results back 1 year and we are rock bottom.  People need to wake the **** up and realise we have been the poorest team in the division for over a year now and show no signs of improving.  We are fighting seasoned relegation battle experts at the moment with a disinterested team who must be losing faith in DS by the minute given our inability to conjure up any kind of a result.  We are in dire straits and drastic measures are needed now.  Sorry to rant, it is just a really really **** position.  Hate Craig Levein.

Staying up is the only aim, at this point I couldn’t care if we scrape it by a point or need to win the playoff as long as staying up is the end result 

5 minutes ago, Uche said:

We also for a period of over a year just now have been the worst team in the league.  Wind the results back 1 year and we are rock bottom.  People need to wake the **** up and realise we have been the poorest team in the division for over a year now and show no signs of improving.  We are fighting seasoned relegation battle experts at the moment with a disinterested team who must be losing faith in DS by the minute given our inability to conjure up any kind of a result.  We are in dire straits and drastic measures are needed now.  Sorry to rant, it is just a really really **** position.  Hate Craig Levein.

Agree with this. He has screwed us totally with the help of Mrs Budge being asleep at the wheel

Edited by HMFC 86

5 minutes ago, Uche said:

Hate is a thing, a feeling, that can only exist where there is no understanding.

There is fight in the team but we concede soft goals  far too often to give ourselves an even chance.

If Hamilton had kept 11 on the pitch, their goal threat would have been stronger than ours.

Just now, Morgan said:

Hate is a thing, a feeling, that can only exist where there is no understanding.

You're very philosophical today, Morgan. :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

You're very philosophical today, Morgan. :thumbsup:

:greggy:   I'm not a big fan of the word 'hate' is all.

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

:greggy:   I'm not a big fan of the word 'hate' is all.

An admirable stance. How do you feel about the Hobos though?

8 minutes ago, Morgan said:

You are right 😂 sorry, an angry post in an angry moment. It is just a game after all!

1 minute ago, Uche said:

You are right 😂 sorry, an angry post in an angry moment. It is just a game after all!

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.  :thumbsup:

Of course it's not a forgone conclusion, but how long have we been saying "just a few points, just a couple of good results"? And personally I find it scant comfort indeed that we get to play Hamilton (and other bottom six teams) again, considering we've now taken 2 points from 3 matches against them. 

Jambof3tornado
12 minutes ago, Cade said:

We've racked up 19 points in the last 27 games.

What makes anybody think we are going to start going on a winning streak?

This. We keep saying we'll pick up  then we fail to do so

Just now, Jambof3tornado said:

This. We keep saying we'll pick up  then we fail to do so

Very true bud, but i left today happy with a point.

Admire your optimism and half of me agrees with you.  However as soon as our next game kicks off I get that sinking feeling again and it all starts going pear shaped my worst fears are confirmed time and time again.  It will take hard fought battling performances to get out of this and I keep waiting and waiting. How bad does it have to get before these players turn up??  That game was as big as it gets today against our closest relegation candidates and we are 2 down after 16 minutes or so?????  

Confidence is obviously shot to pieces and the CL legacy is deep rooted. We have players with the calibre to get out of this mess and I would expect playing in the bottom six will show that. The biggest frustration for me is that they can clearly play at a high level but struggle to do this consistently.

21 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

Today's result is less than impressive and serious questions have to be asked about why are are conceding so many goals.

That aside, we are three points from 10th. St Mirren have a game in hand after their game against Motherwell was postponed today so their next game is at home to US on Friday 21st Feb.

Three points off 10th. Plus we play all the bottom sides after the split. It isn't anywhere near over yet so stop being so pessimistic. I was like that then I sobered up.

These players need to be shot - as does Levein etc - but to say it is a foregone conclusion that we are going down when we are only three points from safety is silly.

Keep the faith. Let's hope we survive then we can get rid of all the sh*t - including in the Boardroom, regretably in one case at least - next season.

We’re losing goals because of the way the manager sets the team up, he has both full backs bombing up at the same time leaving us exposed to long balls in behind all the time,  he has taken far too long to drop the goalie and he persists with Clare at RB who will never be a defender if he plays until he’s 90. The new manager’s record is one win in eleven matches with little sign it will get better as it’s relegation form. That’s why we will go down.

AlphonseCapone

We're ****ing shite. It's not being pessimistic to say we're going to get relegated. It's a fair and reasonable assessment based on a year's worth of evidence. 

I don't even pretend to know what's caused this but to be light years behind Livingston is totally unacceptable.

All we can hope is that the players and coaches will fight to the death to keep us up.  

I foolishly thought that we would have been well clear of relegation by now.  

pettigrewsstylist
46 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

The question is when are we going to start playing our best defenders in defence.

Tokyo Drifter
1 hour ago, JJ93 said:

It's four points with our honking goal difference

21 minutes ago, Hearts Machine said:

Not going down.  Blood, sweat, tears and snotters, we will get enough points.

Its like people have missed the last 18months...

1 hour ago, Uche said:

...and unbelievably he's still here! MUST GO NOW!!

Title of this thread states 3 points from safety. That's true for sure but so is the fact we have now conceded 13 goals in our last 4 league games whilst scoring 7. I wasnt there today but 2-0 down in 1st 20mins...had they not had a man sent off would we have even got a draw? We cant seem to take the lead in games and, whilst we have to play the teams around us after the split, I'm not convinced we can get out of this now. Hope I'm wrong though!

2 minutes ago, hmfcbilly said:

Title of this thread states 3 points from safety. That's true for sure but so is the fact we have now conceded 13 goals in our last 4 league games whilst scoring 7. I wasnt there today but 2-0 down in 1st 20mins...had they not had a man sent off would we have even got a draw? We cant seem to take the lead in games and, whilst we have to play the teams around us after the split, I'm not convinced we can get out of this now. Hope I'm wrong though!

Our defence and goalkeeping shambles is killing us and it's hard to see it changing tbh. 

3 minutes ago, hmfcbilly said:

To be fair we have lost by plenty from the tic at home never mind darkheid... take that 5 away and we are a goal down. I don't like it anymore than you do but if Levein was still at the helm it would probably  0 goals for and 13 against:lol:

15 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

To be fair we have lost by plenty from the tic at home never mind darkheid... take that 5 away and we are a goal down. I don't like it anymore than you do but if Levein was still at the helm it would probably  0 goals for and 13 against:lol:

I get your point mate but we have still conceded 8 goals to 3 of our bottom 6 rivals. The games are running out and we really need to start winning otherwise I fear the heads of the players will go before the season is out. You're right about the 0 goals under levein mind you 😂😂

We are so bad defensively that we need 2 or 3 goals just to grab a draw and that just won't happen in the long run.We need to tighten up it's the same shit happening from game to game.

23 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Our defence and goalkeeping shambles is killing us and it's hard to see it changing tbh. 

I agree with you 100% on this. Today was a massive chance to make a statement and fact is we scraped a draw at home against 10 men hamilton. It really is fasten our seatbelts for the bumpy ride ahead until the season is over 

Failure to do the basics, forget about the system for a second. This failure to do the basics will see us relegated. Knocking the ball out for a corner in added on time. Taking three passes to get the ball to either wing. The needless fouls that suck the life out our play. Misplaced passes. Lack of any positional sense. Hitting the target. Forget about the complex recruitments of playing a high press, we can’t do the bare minimum basics. We score the equaliser from a nice passing move, getting the ball out wide quickly. We score, have 8 minutes or so to score a winner. We then revert to just passive side by side passes. Our management of the last 6 or 7 minutes was nothing short of embarrassing. 

Adam_the_legend

Never give up till it’s mathematically impossible but I think we’re going down. Even if we make the playoffs I can see this team not having enough to do the job. I hope I’m wrong but I can’t help but feel relegation is inevitable at this point 😢

26 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Never give up till it’s mathematically impossible but I think we’re going down. Even if we make the playoffs I can see this team not having enough to do the job. I hope I’m wrong but I can’t help but feel relegation is inevitable at this point 😢

It’s not inevitable but we are running out of games to turn this corner. 

2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I don't even pretend to know what's caused this but to be light years behind Livingston is totally unacceptable.

All we can hope is that the players and coaches will fight to the death to keep us up.  

I foolishly thought that we would have been well clear of relegation by now.  

@Kiwidoug I'm with you on all three points.

Two weeks ago I was optimistic that our performances at Tynecastle would be enough to pull us clear of any relegation battle.  After the Killie game, and now Hamilton, my optimism has evaporated.  We are in a dog fight, and might not have the players to survive in the Premier league.

What a shambles!