Jump to content
Hood09

Is it time for a re-think?/Plan B

Recommended Posts

Cruickshank for Scotland
2 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

We look absolutely shite imo. 
 

Sorry if that upsets anyone, and I’ll be cheering us on every game etc... but we look utterly utterly shite. 🤷‍♂️


Exactly my point!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jodami

I don't think Stendel is a bad appointment but it was a dangerous appointment in the circumstances. Appointing a "philosophy" coach mid season was always going to be a big gamble and this was pointed out by a few people at the time. It takes time for players to learn how to play systems and our squad was lacking in the basics anyway. Pray we stay up and then we can properly judge Stendel next season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dayman
34 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Makes no difference. We are never going to be a winning club under Budge.  

You play one game of fives and you think you’re a football expert 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pettigrewsstylist
2 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

If we lose to Hamilton and St Mirren then he will walk.

Cant see any other outcome tbh.

I woukd think any less than a win and a draw in next 2 ,  may see a derby backlash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland
Just now, Dayman said:

You play one game of fives and you think you’re a football expert 


Budge has never played a game of fives...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruyff

Early days. Plenty of games left to play but aye, he needs to beat Hamilton and St Mirren. 

 

Better Hearts teams have been scudded by worse Celtic teams at Parkhead. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Special Officer Doofy
2 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Can't even comprehend how stupid you'd need to be to think sacking Stendel right now would be a wise thing to do. 


Of course it isn’t. It would be mental.

 

He is however, failing miserably as our manager, and he needs to turn it around pronto.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Boris5115

Feckin joke that we are this state. We have been going back the way the best part of 3 years now. Given the money that is pumped into this club by fans and benefactors ect this is total mismanagement of the highest level and anyone who thinks different is deluded. This club needs cleansed starting at the top. Teams like Livingston Kilmarnock St Johnstone have a fraction of our budget but are sitting more comfortable than us. Worrying times. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
weehammy
33 minutes ago, HMFC86 said:

Yep Neil McCann will sort it 

If McCann ( or any other candidate) had been appointed rather than Stendel it’s hard to see how we could be in a worse position than we are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MCW1976

Stendel, I hate to say, is now risking the wrath of the support.

 

Quite simply, it doesn’t need Alex Ferguson to turn Hearts around in the amount of time DS has been here.

 

Results have been atrocious. No escaping that.

 

He continues to get my support, but more in hope than expectation.

 

Lose on Saturday, and he can kiss the honeymoon goodbye. He’ll be fighting for his job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i8hibsh

The split is irrelevant to us now. We are bottom 6. 12 games to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JohnDS

Can anyone explain the reluctance to drop the goalkeeper, has Zamal  done something could he be on the naught step.

 

it could cause us to be relegated and cost him his job

 

his stubbornness is strange, surely he cannot be coaching the goalkeeper to punch shots straight back out to the penalty spot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Section Q

Starting to think our players aren't able to play to your system mate.....!

And we are so easy to score against. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Special Officer Doofy
1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:


Exactly my point!


I don’t care what your point is, Thomaso. I’m a bit aggrieved that apparently you have posted something earlier on that I appear to be agreeing with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
deejtee
2 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Can't even comprehend how stupid you'd need to be to think sacking Stendel right now would be a wise thing to do. 

In the black and white world of kickback no compromise is possible. However while I wouldn't dream of sacking Stendel now it would be stupid not to consider it if we are relegated. Celtic at Parkhead was a "free hit". Half the season was not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leveins Battalion

This club needs a complete clean sweep,board,management,staff,players the fecking lot.

 

New life needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
heartandsoul
5 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

We look absolutely shite imo. 
 

Sorry if that upsets anyone, and I’ll be cheering us on every game etc... but we look utterly utterly shite. 🤷‍♂️

The sad thing is we are utterly shite and it is very depressing watching this all unfold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Haken

Posters still raging that Levein wasn’t sacked long long ago.  Raging won’t change anything about that though it might harm your blood pressure.

 

Stendel has effectively been given half a season to avoid relegation.  It’s not as if he’s having to do it with a squad of laddies and a 15 point deficit.  He’s brought players in and moved players out.  If he doesn’t avoid relegation, then it’s a failure.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Finlay James

FFS, I hope none of the posters on this thread are manning the phones at the samaritans tonight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Natural Orders

Hopefully he isn’t as stubborn as cathro 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland
1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:


I don’t care what your point is, Thomaso. I’m a bit aggrieved that apparently you have posted something earlier on that I appear to be agreeing with.


Shit happens!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GinRummy
41 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

Stendels record has been shocking, he is persisting with Joel and it’s going to get relegated .  If we get beat vs Hamilton he should go

Think levein is still around somewhere.

5 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Can't even comprehend how stupid you'd need to be to think sacking Stendel right now would be a wise thing to do. 

This. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MCW1976
Just now, JohnDS said:

Can anyone explain the reluctance to drop the goalkeeper, has Zamal  done something could he be on the naught step.

 

it could cause us to be relegated and cost him his job

 

his stubbornness is strange, surely he cannot be coaching the goalkeeper to punch shots straight back out to the penalty spot


Probably another Levein bonkers contract/loan arrangement with Man U. He’s probably guaranteed them he will play week in, week out ... come what may.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
All roads lead to Gorgie

Watching us I wonder if half the team can play football full stop!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Special Officer Doofy
1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:


Shit happens!


:cornette_dog:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jamboelite
4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Early days. Plenty of games left to play but aye, he needs to beat Hamilton and St Mirren. 

 

Better Hearts teams have been scudded by worse Celtic teams at Parkhead. 

12 games and 5 points off safety there really isnt plenty games left.

 

Next two define us though 4 is a minimum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hearts00

 Nope he doesn’t. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It should have been ten
45 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

Stendels record has been shocking, he is persisting with Joel and it’s going to get relegated .  If we get beat vs Hamilton he should go


:bolt:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hearts00

But he could drop Pereira surely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pablo

We're all in with Stendel until we are safe or go down.

 

I honestly wonder about some of the knobs on here.

 

Edited by pablo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Special Officer Doofy
3 minutes ago, Haken said:

Posters still raging that Levein wasn’t sacked long long ago.  Raging won’t change anything about that though it might harm your blood pressure.

 

Stendel has effectively been given half a season to avoid relegation.  It’s not as if he’s having to do it with a squad of laddies and a 15 point deficit.  He’s brought players in and moved players out.  If he doesn’t avoid relegation, then it’s a failure.

 

 


Exactly this... we’ve got folk posting shite about not blaming him if we get relegated... 

 

What the actual **** is going on with our support here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rudi must stay

Need to graft and get ourselves out of trouble. Then we can show more creativity 

Edited by rudi must stay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jodami
1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:


I don’t care what your point is, Thomaso. I’m a bit aggrieved that apparently you have posted something earlier on that I appear to be agreeing with.

Nice to see you back posting again Mothy. Was thinking your hiatus was going to go on until we extricated ourselves from the relegation places... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
richiehmfc

We haven’t won at parkhead in 11 years. 
We have conceded 4 goals or more on 7 occasions in that time
We matched them first half And at least had a go. 
Tonight is not the barometer for me but he needs a win on Saturday 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
busby1985

No. Plan A works, he just can’t continue with poppadom hands. 
 

St Johnston. 5 shots on target, 3 goals. 
Killie. 5 shots on target, 3 goals. 
Celtic. 7 shots on target, 5 goals. 
 

Everything we do starts from and comes from the keeper. He makes everyone nervous. We can’t stop teams creating chances, even Liverpool, Man City and the likes can’t do that. What they do have tho is a keeper that can at least protect their goal. Every shot is pretty much a goal with Joel. In 3 league games he’s faced 17 shots and conceded 11 goals. That is insane. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Coco

Is this the worst league start any Hearts manager has had?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Natural Orders

I hope the board have got their contingency plan drawn incase we get relegated - they mentioned at the AGM that they didn’t have one yet but think it’s time they do !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland
1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

No. Plan A works, he just can’t continue with poppadom hands. 
 

St Johnston. 5 shots on target, 3 goals. 
Killie. 5 shots on target, 3 goals. 
Celtic. 7 shots on target, 5 goals. 
 

Everything we do starts from and comes from the keeper. He makes everyone nervous. We can’t stop teams creating chances, even Liverpool, Man City and the likes can’t do that. What they do have tho is a keeper that can at least protect their goal. Every shot is pretty much a goal with Joel. In 3 league games he’s faced 17 shots and conceded 11 goals. That is insane. 
 

 


Totally feckin insane!!! 😡

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland
Just now, Natural Orders said:

I hope the board have got their contingency plan drawn incase we get relegated - they mentioned at the AGM that they didn’t have one yet but think it’s time they do !!


It will be dereliction of duty if they do not now have a plan on place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
flem
1 minute ago, Coco said:

Is this the worst league start any Hearts manager has had?

 

Would be very surprised if anyone has a poorer record. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hearts00

Come on Celtic had 12 shots on target tonight. So Joel actually had a really good game. An actual improvement on his stats. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ramrod

A win on Saturday and we're back on track . 

Need to get into training tomorrow clear their heads and start the season from then . 

Changing the keeper would be a huge boost to the players and fans 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jamhammer
3 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

No. Plan A works, he just can’t continue with poppadom hands. 
 

St Johnston. 5 shots on target, 3 goals. 
Killie. 5 shots on target, 3 goals. 
Celtic. 7 shots on target, 5 goals. 
 

Everything we do starts from and comes from the keeper. He makes everyone nervous. We can’t stop teams creating chances, even Liverpool, Man City and the likes can’t do that. What they do have tho is a keeper that can at least protect their goal. Every shot is pretty much a goal with Joel. In 3 league games he’s faced 17 shots and conceded 11 goals. That is insane. 
 

 

It's quite frightening when you read it like your mind didn't actually register it when you saw it live. He's genuinely costing us games and still getting picked. I'm all for allowing a player to make a mistake but it's feckin never ending.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jake
10 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Hopefully he isn’t as stubborn as cathro 

Eh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
amadjambo
5 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

No. Plan A works, he just can’t continue with poppadom hands. 
 

St Johnston. 5 shots on target, 3 goals. 
Killie. 5 shots on target, 3 goals. 
Celtic. 7 shots on target, 5 goals. 
 

Everything we do starts from and comes from the keeper. He makes everyone nervous. We can’t stop teams creating chances, even Liverpool, Man City and the likes can’t do that. What they do have tho is a keeper that can at least protect their goal. Every shot is pretty much a goal with Joel. In 3 league games he’s faced 17 shots and conceded 11 goals. That is insane. 
 

 

Thank feck Falkirk had 0 shots on target in the cup game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
busby1985
Just now, Jamhammer said:

It's quite frightening when you read it like your mind didn't actually register it when you saw it live. He's genuinely costing us games and still getting picked. I'm all for allowing a player to make a mistake but it's feckin never ending.

I wouldn’t mind if it was like a confidence type thing, like Clare. But everything Joel does is wrong, he is just a poor keeper. His positioning is wrong, his diving technique is wrong, his hands are made of rice paper, his decision making is wrong. He is hopeless. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Debut 4

I think his problem is the players mentality. How constantly bad do we have to be at starting the 2nd half for the manager to realise he’s got weak links?

 

Fingers crossed we stay up and he has the chance to rectify this in the summer.

 

In the short term he really needs to find a way to get the right reaction from this team at the beginning of the 2nd half. Maybe needs to work at a defensive shape to consolidate in the game and not give anything away cheap and too quickly to compensate for weak players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
busby1985
Just now, amadjambo said:

Thank feck Falkirk had 0 shots on target in the cup game.

He tried his very best in that game to cost us. Look at his diving position. He isn’t even in the goals. 

7F5CA397-C200-435D-AD54-9F22564A9DF1.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Edin22

Get him to **** 

Another English league expert who thinks this league is a walk in the park. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Special Officer Doofy
9 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Nice to see you back posting again Mothy. Was thinking your hiatus was going to go on until we extricated ourselves from the relegation places... 

 

Probably will soon. 
 

How are you doing by the way? Genuinely hope you are well. 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...