• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Mackerel

• jack D and coke

• Boris

• Pans Jambo

Just now, JustinT said:

Surely no-ones thinking about erecting hard borders and cutting ourselves off from the rest of our UK brothers and sisters?

Oh wait it must be the Snp and its hate the UK cult.

Wtf are you on about?

I'm into independence, the crazy idea that we should get a government we vote for with the power to govern. But also a close, cordial relationship with our closest neighbours and old allies. There doesnt have to be a hard border, there don't have to be ginger arseholes with kilts and claymores guarding checkpoints.

Who's really in the hate cult?

4 minutes ago, JustinT said:

Surely no-ones thinking about erecting hard borders and cutting ourselves off from the rest of our EU brothers and sisters?

Oh wait it must be the Tories and its hate the Johnny Foreigner cult.

FTFY. 😉

4 hours ago, Taffin said:

I paid (shared) 700 a month for a two bedroom flat in Newington. I paid 1100 a month for a 2 bedroom flat in Leamington Spa and 600 a month for a 1 bedroom flat in Cardiff.

It's expensive, but no more so than any other desirable places around the country.

Fair enough, I have no uk experience outside scotland since the 90s. I suppose I'm basically comparing falkirk to Edinburgh. 

1 minute ago, JustinT said:

You don't understand it because you're anti UK. However, just a few years ago we Scottish electorate voted overwhelmingly to remain within our UK. Thankfully we won't have to do so again for at least another generation which is at least 20 years or more. Separatists had their chance in 2014 to convince us otherwise but we stood firm and voted against separation. 

Overwhelmingly? You might want to look up a definition of that. 

“Once in a generation” a throwaway phrase made by a politician in campaign mode. Nowhere was it set as a campaign promise. If you’re going to cling to that...How’s Boris’ ditch digging going?

In a similar vein: How’s “The Vow” coming along? You know the thing that was actually agreed and signed.

This will be my last comment on this thread regarding this as it’s completely off topic, so feel free to have the last word and have a good day/night. 

37 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Nope, trying to reason with the unreasonable. 

Hey, what do you call a man with a 1 inch dick?

Justin

🤯

Why you gotta call me out like that Smithee? I thought we were pals. :sad:

Space Mackerel
18 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Tay Road bridge was closed overnight. Some restrictions still in place. 
William Fairhurst has a lot to answer for. 😡

Is he a weather forecaster for BBC Reporting Scotchlandshire? 

• 11 months later...

Closed again this morning till around 10am.

All in favour of safety. But the people who said it would never close have questions to answer. 

If they got that wrong can they be trusted about anything in relation to the bridge. 

Transport Scotland project director David Climie said: “The wind shielding on the new Queensferry Crossing will break up the wind so that it significantly decreases the pressure on high-sided vehicles.

“What it means is that if a high-sided vehicle can get to the crossing, it will be able to cross safely and not, as we have seen recently on the Forth Road Bridge, take a risk and end up with a significant problem.

“We’re optimistic that the new bridge will never close but we can’t guarantee that as who knows what might happen.”

So if it wasn't the project director...who did say "It'll never close"?

As Boof points out nobody said it would never be closed. But, you have to question why engineers on a project like this didn't anticipate the build up of ice when you see how closely clustered together all the cables are, especially compared to the old bridge. Hindsight is a wonderful thing I suppose.

My photo doesn't really do it justice as it's from my phone but you get the idea.

IMG_21012021_140238_(2000_x_1500_pixel).thumb.jpg.44a4c146931b7ec6b5b2036e9267d239.jpg