“Official Celtic v Heart of Midlothian match day thread “

SMJ_1874

The Old Tolbooth

I think we’ve actually played pretty well for once through there so far, it’s just a shame we have an utter dickhead as a keeper 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Francis Albert

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

Just now, Jammy T said:

Stendel has had x-ray vision about practically everything since he arrived - how is he getting the goalie position so wrong?

Maybe the rumours about having to pay his full wage if he doesn't play are true. 

Just now, amadjambo said:

We’ve not played badly. Created a few chances, and Halkett and Souttar look very good.

Goalie is shocking and Garuccio has been very poor.

Thought Garuccio was particularly honking against Falkirk 

Kilmacolm Jambo

In all likelihood we were losing tonight regardless of what keeper played. If Bobby started and we lost five or six through no fault of his own his confidence would have been shot. 

It makes sense to play Joel tonight and tell Bobby he can come in and be a hero for the rest of the season on Saturday.

Bazzas right boot

Joel us costing us points. 

At 0-0 this game is in the balance. 

Team goes in confident. 

1-0, it isn't over but concede again and we'll fold. 

Shame. 

1 minute ago, Jammy T said:

Have Celtic gone to shit or have we forced the errors?

The misunderstanding of how we play is frightening by "pundits".  Ferguson I think it might be talking about how Celtic could easily pass through us as we're too soft and need to set up a bit more solidly.  Then they're all talking about how Celitc are misplacing loads of passes.

Erm, any chance we're harrying them into misplacing passes, as is our, much publicised, gameplan?  No?

Idiots.

The commentators wee slip when he said "after they scored, we were all looking for Celitc to kick on, erm, I mean expecting to..." About says it all.

alwaysthereinspirit

We’ll lose as expected but now we’ll never know what might have been if Floppy hands hadn’t been in net.

Cant play another minute after tonight.

There is no way on God's fkkin earth that Bobby zimal is worse than this guy.  

I used to quite like Bobby.  I remember hearts fans singing for him to swing on the bar and wave etc.    

Made a few bad decisions type of mistakes but he could save shots ffs. 

Tynecastlesmychurch

Celtic as you would expect have been the better side. However saying that it’s our keeper YET AGAIN! Letting us down. 

Honestly can’t shake the feeling that this guy is going to keep costing us points every game and we’re gonna go down because of it.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, TheTrumpet said:

He goes radge when his wife puts his cornflakes on the table, when he finds a parking space, when he drops his first turd, screams the chuffing house down, all the neighbours hear him, he's incapable of talking normally. A more unnecessarily excitable commentator I've yet to hear. Total attention seeking blowhard.

Third goal for Aberdeen last night may as well have been a World Cup winner from 35 yards 

2 minutes ago, Deevers said:

He should have been dropped for Saturdays game. The worst keeper I have seen In a Hearts jersey since Brian Wilson.

At least he could carry a tune. 😉

Just now, Cruyff said:

Maybe the rumours about having to pay his full wage if he doesn't play are true. 

Only thing I can think of. If Gary McKay is alluding to it then there must be something in it. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Cruyff said:

If true we should play him for the first 2 minutes then sub him

Joel is f****g the worst I’ve ever seen in a hearts shirt he is not good enough to play at this level, I’ve played with and against junior goalies that are better than he will ever be!

1 minute ago, jamboy1982 said:

Garuccio is rank average. Another one we need to empty at the end of the season. 

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

If that's true I'd be asking Uche to plough through him in training and send him back injured. 

16 minutes ago, cardboardcutout said:

Can we please stop blaming peraira from now on, he’s hopeless we know it he must know it but he’s getting picked by his boss so it’s time to blame him!!

Unless the contact that that clown Levein signed said he had to play

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

If true we should play him for the first 2 minutes then sub him

:laugh2: good point. 

Just now, busby1985 said:

Only thing I can think of. If Gary McKay is alluding to it then there must be something in it. 

Has he? Hmm probably then. 

7 minutes ago, big-jambo said:

stream working - not sure for how long http://freestreams-live1.com/celtictv/

Huh. That stream hasn’t worked at all throughout first half. I hope you’re not fishing for clicks  🤔 

Unless it’s just me. Did anyone else get it working? (Don’t click to test, it’s pop up ad heavy and it’s also half time...obvs)

1 minute ago, jamboy1982 said:

Same here.

i remember when we signed him it was said his stats for getting balls into the box were the highest in the A league.

very rarely see him whip a ball in here!! Usually turns back rather than take the man on and try and get a cross in.

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

If true whoever negotiated THAT deal needs to be taken into a marsh and buried.

****ing gutted for the 10 players who are busting a gut to play with the game in front of them tonight against a strong Celtic team.  We’re going for it and that prick in between the sticks ****s it up for us again.  Every chance this walloper will get us relegated single handed.

****ing livid.  Can’t ask anymore of the outfield players.  

Good half.

Collum as usual the 12th man and sussed out pretty sharpish by Sellic. Good pressing by Hearts until we overstretch it attacking, Sellic man goes down and counter attacks immediately. Good tactic tbf.

Goal DEFENDED badly by all.

4 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Sounds like the game turned a bit when the sub was made. Pereira surely can't keep the jersey.

Unless Pereira was really sad about McDonald being subbed then I think the sub was more of a coincidence than the cause.

Clark Griswold
Just now, redm said:

Huh. That stream hasn’t worked at all throughout first half. I hope you’re not fishing for clicks  🤔 

Unless it’s just me. Did anyone else get it working? (Don’t click to test, it’s pop up ad heavy and it’s also half time...obvs)

It worked for me for about 30 seconds after clicking the link, then came up with celtic tv overlay and didn't get it working again after that.

3 minutes ago, Marvin said:

HT Joel cost us there. As previously said we're good for a draw. Celtic don't look particularly strong.

This is as obvious a post as you'll ever see on here, but it's just unbelievable how much this goalie is costing us.

For what, the third league game in a row, we're doing just fine and he throws one in the net and totally changes the game.  Goals are MASSIVE.  Cliché, but goals change games.  We keep them at bay til half time, we're right in it.  He's there to have a blinder and keep us in this game until the last few mins so we can  maybe snatch something.

I've very rarely had a go at Hearts players, even on here, but this is totally crazy.