Spurs Stadium Tour (NHC)

Stuart Lyon

I did the Spurs stadium tour last Thursday and it was a fantastic experience. As I walked towards the stadium I was impressed at the presence it has in the area. The retail area is really massive and stocked full of everything from strips to plasters! It even has a small section with NFL helmets, beanies and baseball caps.

The inside of the stadium was very impressive as it should be for the money it cost. One of the Hospitality areas is called the Tunnel Club (pic attached) because it has a glass wall that lets the club members see what's going on in the tunnel. I costs £30K to join and there is an annual membership fee of £19K for a minimum period of 3 years. There is a waiting list for membership!

There are 2 dedicated NFL changing rooms with home one able to accommodate 75 players (there are separate areas for the coaches etc) while the away one holds only 65 players booths.

Deli Ali's pre match meal is a pile of weetabix with warm milk while Sissoko has toast, butter and jam.

The south stand is apparently the biggest single tier one in Europe and holds 17 thousand fans.

There was only one pic that showed Dave Mackay. I spoke to the tour guide and explained I was a Hearts supporter and that DM was a hero of mine when he transferred to Spurs. He said he had got to know him at White Hart Lane and had been invited to the funeral in Edinburgh by DM's family. He produced his phone and showed me a pic of the large tribute banner that was displayed on the Tynie pitch when DM died.

Well worth a visit if you are ever in London with time to spare.

Tunnel Club.jpeg

Салатные палочки

Impressive. But 30k plus 19k a year to eat in somewhere that looks like a Cosmo buffet. 

4 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Impressive. But 30k plus 19k a year to eat in somewhere that looks like a Cosmo buffet. 

They've invested. Diversified. 

They have gone beyond football as 90 minutes. And there is enough money down there. 

I suspect the tour at Spurs would have cost the same as a season ticket up here?  Money making machine that club, fair play to them.

21 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Amazing what a billion quid of Asian money gets you.

Don't think Joe Lewis is Asian. 

You'll know better of course.

24 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

I suspect the tour at Spurs would have cost the same as a season ticket up here?  Money making machine that club, fair play to them.

£30 for the tourists and £27 for members like me, I think I might give it a whirl 😉

19 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

£30 for the tourists and £27 for members like me, I think I might give it a whirl 😉

That’s actually quite well priced.  Think I paid £35/£40 for Old Trafford (which was a bit of a let down if I’m being honest).  Tour guide had the charisma of a dead pigeon (I was convinced it was a steward who got roped into it at the last minute).

Despite the fact that I can’t stand them, I’ve heard that the Liverpool tour is the best.  You can go at your own pace rather than being herded about by a mascot. 

9 hours ago, Noah Claypole said:

Don't think Joe Lewis is Asian. 

You'll know better of course.

Tell me please, at any point in my post did I say he was?

The entire league is bankrolled by the 4.5 billion people of the Asian market. If not directly then indirectly. The EPL is a global brand superpower.

The main reason for all these billionaires wanting a slice of the EPL pie is because of the juicy Asian golden carrot. Before Sky TV English clubs were financially ****ed.

Edited by i8hibsh

18 hours ago, Stuart Lyon said:

I did the Spurs stadium tour last Thursday and it was a fantastic experience. As I walked towards the stadium I was impressed at the presence it has in the area. The retail area is really massive and stocked full of everything from strips to plasters! It even has a small section with NFL helmets, beanies and baseball caps.

The inside of the stadium was very impressive as it should be for the money it cost. One of the Hospitality areas is called the Tunnel Club (pic attached) because it has a glass wall that lets the club members see what's going on in the tunnel. I costs £30K to join and there is an annual membership fee of £19K for a minimum period of 3 years. There is a waiting list for membership!

There are 2 dedicated NFL changing rooms with home one able to accommodate 75 players (there are separate areas for the coaches etc) while the away one holds only 65 players booths.

Deli Ali's pre match meal is a pile of weetabix with warm milk while Sissoko has toast, butter and jam.

The south stand is apparently the biggest single tier one in Europe and holds 17 thousand fans.

There was only one pic that showed Dave Mackay. I spoke to the tour guide and explained I was a Hearts supporter and that DM was a hero of mine when he transferred to Spurs. He said he had got to know him at White Hart Lane and had been invited to the funeral in Edinburgh by DM's family. He produced his phone and showed me a pic of the large tribute banner that was displayed on the Tynie pitch when DM died.

Well worth a visit if you are ever in London with time to spare.

Tunnel Club.jpeg

I think i would be asked to leave for pishing myself laughing at that bit.

And anyone who enjoys going to a game to sit in that restaurant are about as much football fans as the silly bints that wear football shirts when the World Cup is on.

I know our own hospitality is highly regarded but I wonder if we've slipped up not including private/corporate boxes in the design of the new main stand. Or maybe this is part of the grand plan......Anyone in the know....?

19 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Looks good. Done the Emirates tour a few years back, different class. No a patch on Tynie though :P

Emirates is a great tour.

Have Spurs got a Golden PL trophy in their ground?

A normal silver one then?

1 hour ago, Section Q said:

I know our own hospitality is highly regarded but I wonder if we've slipped up not including private/corporate boxes in the design of the new main stand. Or maybe this is part of the grand plan......Anyone in the know....?

Never seen the point of it, it has to be closed off when the game starts and you can see the pitch from your seat.

Edit: Just noticed you never mentioned views to the pitch.

Edited by graygo

8 minutes ago, graygo said:

Never seen the point of it, it has to be closed off when the game starts and you can see the pitch from your seat.

Edit: Just noticed you never mentioned views to the pitch.

My view's great. Not sure what you mean....!

4 minutes ago, Section Q said:

My view's great. Not sure what you mean....!

I was meaning I can't see the point of hospitality suites that have a view to the pitch, no use during the match.

I now know that is not what you were meaning.

Just now, graygo said:

I was meaning I can't see the point of hospitality suites that have a view to the pitch, no use during the match.

I now know that is not what you were meaning.

Most modern sports stadia incorporate them into their designs, and if I remember right the idea was floated in the planning stages of the main stand. I've been in quite a few with glass frontage that have views over the pitch, and also in warmer climates that have outdoor areas adjacent. Our new stand looks great though and I'm not complaining...👍

4 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Tell me please, at any point in my post did I say he was?

The entire league is bankrolled by the 4.5 billion people of the Asian market. If not directly then indirectly. The EPL is a global brand superpower.

The main reason for all these billionaires wanting a slice of the EPL pie is because of the juicy Asian golden carrot. Before Sky TV English clubs were financially ****ed.

A Scottish chap losing his Shit about another country exporting it's product for financial gain....

:levein_interesting:

Edited by Noah Claypole

A lot of Impressive looking grounds in England but not much soul. Arsenal moving out of Highbury really ruined them. Hopefully Spurs don't suffer the same fate. 

2 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

A Scottish chap losing his Shit about another country exporting it's product for financial gain....

:levein_interesting:

It is not really that.  Let them do it I just don't see it as 'impressive'.  Who couldn't have a shiny golden penis with a billion pounds?  I am a football traditionalist and purist and it all stinks to me.  People creaming themselves staying up all night on transfer deadline day because Chelsea bought some overpaid for £100 million.  I am as impressed by it all as I would be a heavyweight boxer punching a 10 year old in the face and bragging about it.

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

It is not really that.  Let them do it I just don't see it as 'impressive'.  Who couldn't have a shiny golden penis with a billion pounds?  I am a football traditionalist and purist and it all stinks to me.  People creaming themselves staying up all night on transfer deadline day because Chelsea bought some overpaid for £100 million.  I am as impressed by it all as I would be a heavyweight boxer punching a 10 year old in the face and bragging about it.

Good job the Asians don't agree with you then or Spurs wouldn't have the best Stadium in the World. 

I'm a football traditionalist as well, that's why Tynecastle is my favourite stadium, especially the new main stand. Flat caps and rattles all the way. 

39 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Where i can watch this?

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Where i can watch this?

Just follow Scott Brown about on a Saturday night - he likes picking on wee laddies.

Just now, i8hibsh said:

Just follow Scott Brown about on a Saturday night - he likes picking on wee laddies.

I was hoping for a bit of Tyson Fury v Greta Thunberg action tbh

5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I'd take that job on, don't care she is 16.  I know it is not big or clever but she needs it.  Nothing personal as I feel she is being exploited by shameless do gooders but just what the world needs, yet another ‘ celebrity’ telling the world how awful they are.  And what the **** does a 16 year old lassie with asperger's syndrome know, I’m a middle aged man ffs – she can **** right off.

And why the **** does she not go to China and India and tell them ‘how dare they’, after all they produce about 40% of the world’s Co2 emissions.  Answer : because they don’t give a **** and she will not receive the red carpet.

Rant over……………………for now.  Infact no it is not, Joaqim Phoenix and Meryl Streep can **** right off too – and Tom Hanks now.

Joaquim (or however the **** you spell it) Phoenix telling us how bad and racist we are and how un-diverse Holywood it.  Why does no-one ever tell Bolywood it has a lack of diversity.  The biggest film industry in the world and it is almost exclusively Indian.  Sick of all this shit.

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

My money's on the gremlin. She looks mean.......!

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

I'd take that job on, don't care she is 16.  I know it is not big or clever but she needs it.  Nothing personal as I feel she is being exploited by shameless do gooders but just what the world needs, yet another ‘ celebrity’ telling the world how awful they are.  And what the **** does a 16 year old lassie with asperger's syndrome know, I’m a middle aged man ffs – she can **** right off.

And why the **** does she not go to China and India and tell them ‘how dare they’, after all they produce about 40% of the world’s Co2 emissions.  Answer : because they don’t give a **** and she will not receive the red carpet.

Rant over……………………for now.  Infact no it is not, Joaqim Phoenix and Meryl Streep can **** right off too – and Tom Hanks now.

Joaquim (or however the **** you spell it) Phoenix telling us how bad and racist we are and how un-diverse Holywood it.  Why does no-one ever tell Bolywood it has a lack of diversity.  The biggest film industry in the world and it is almost exclusively Indian.  Sick of all this shit.

65fdac87fcbcb24239a89332bcccf15b.jpg

Fxxx the SPFL

Middlesboro season ticket holder at my work was down at Spurs for their cup replay in January and he felt there was still a load of work needing done to the stadium, obviously desperate to get in as were we.

I was there yesterday.

Great looking stadium but getting in was a pain and the tray to put stuff in your pockets as you walk through a scanner is a joke.

Watched a lot of the game on the big screen as well as you could not make out the markings at the other end.

As a viewing stadium for watching the match very poor from row 10.

Edited by benny

3 hours ago, Noah Claypole said:

Good job the Asians don't agree with you then or Spurs wouldn't have the best Stadium in the World

I'm a football traditionalist as well, that's why Tynecastle is my favourite stadium, especially the new main stand. Flat caps and rattles all the way. 

That's taking it a bit far, excellent new stadium with loads of bells and whistles, but best stadium in the world? Nah 

19 hours ago, Irufushi said:

:rofl:

And apart from the obvious having the flukiest season ever Leicester City’s trophy cabinet is bulging at the seams I take it?

Just now, Angel eyes said:

And apart from the obvious having the flukiest season ever Leicester City’s trophy cabinet is bulging at the seams I take it?

Why are you quoting me on this? 

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Even for a 16 year old she has achieved more so far than anyone or everyone on this site put together. 

6 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I imagine you sitting in your underpants, drinking a 4-pack of Belhaven 80 for breakfast at 2pm while you wrote this? Correct, am I not?

6 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Seek immediate psychiatric help ya loon

47 minutes ago, Angel eyes said:

You reposted and quoted you no other reason,why?

Be better quoting the guy that posted the image then.

15 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Joaquin Phoenix, River Phoenix, their original surname was Bottom :laugh2:

He changed his first name too - used to be Leaf 👀