Dale Tonge joins Stendel

kila

16 minutes ago, Hearts Heritage said:

The Museum Hospitality you sit in your own seat rather than the hospitality section.

That sounds great  

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Redhelen

• tartofmidlothian

• The Real Maroonblood

• kila

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, RedKez said:

Thank you! Definitely seems a friendly bunch! Although a win always brings the mood up. Saw some of the comments while your chairwoman was trying to get Stendel in and the mood seemed remarkably similar to how it feels at Barnsley the last couple of weeks. Fair play to her she set her sights, called BS on what our ridiculous owners were putting out, and got Stendel in. I was worried for him the first few weeks with you guys. He seemed flatter than normal, and he had nobody around him seemingly to help. When he came to us he couldn’t speak a single word of English, but worked damn hard to get up to speed as soon as possible. I imagine with the old regime not only sticking around,  but some of them seemingly sticking the knife in, it must have made that first month a challenge. Stern and Tonge are both good blokes and good, young, ambitious coaches. pleased for both that they are following Stendel up North (if CS is)

hopefully now he’s building his team around him you’ll see more of the Stendel that you saw Sunday. He really does head and kick every ball. Opposition managers will hate his enthusiasm. (Joey Barton so much so he suckered punched him from behind in the tunnel). I think what I miss is that he made football enjoyable. Yes it helped he won most games each week last year, but his approach was that a football match is to be won. Not hope for a draw. He would have done that in the championship if only he had been backed. He had the rug pulled from under him, and the owners tried to make him the scapegoat. 

best of luck for the rest of the season. I hope the result on Sunday kicks starts a run. The best thing about Stendels style is when you beat teams you quite often batter them. We had so many 3-0 or 4-0s last year. Were spoilt really. Not used to that as a Barnsley fan!

Actually felt quite emotional reading this.  I was quite worried about him when he first arrived as it felt like he was trying to do everything with little support (at last visibly).  He had to face the media after defeats that were not of his making.  You could tell that the situation was worse than he had expected, especially the fitness and the mental state of the players.  He has worked so hard already, on every aspect of the club - it's amazing to see everything beginning to turn around (hopefully).  The players are clearly enjoying it (and him) and their confidence has improved.  The Scottish press have been hard on him but they will find it more difficult to maintain this is the results and the football continue to improve.  I can't imagine anyone wanting to physically attack him, Joey Barton is an absolute thug.  It's clear from how most of the Barnsley fans seem to still feel about him that he is just a lovely, lovely guy who gives his all for his club. We have all taken him to our Hearts (quite literally) and feel quite protective of him.

Hearts Heritage

The next two games that we are doing hospitality in the Museum are the Hamilton and Motherwell games.

There are less than 20 spaces left for each.

The package is priced at £35 and includes:

• Access to the Museum 1.5 hours before kick-off
  • Delicious pre-match hot bowl food
  • Complimentary bottles of beer, wine and soft drinks pre and post-match
  • Departure 1 hour after the final whistle

Please call the Hospitality Team on 0131 200 7244.

Please note that the Museum Experience does not include a match ticket.

5 minutes ago, Tyniestemper said:

Actually felt quite emotional reading this.  I was quite worried about him when he first arrived as it felt like he was trying to do everything with little support (at last visibly).  He had to face the media after defeats that were not of his making.  You could tell that the situation was worse than he had expected, especially the fitness and the mental state of the players.  He has worked so hard already, on every aspect of the club - it's amazing to see everything beginning to turn around (hopefully).  The players are clearly enjoying it (and him) and their confidence has improved.  The Scottish press have been hard on him but they will find it more difficult to maintain this is the results and the football continue to improve.  I can't imagine anyone wanting to physically attack him, Joey Barton is an absolute thug.  It's clear from how most of the Barnsley fans seem to still feel about him that he is just a lovely, lovely guy who gives his all for his club. We have all taken him to our Hearts (quite literally) and feel quite protective of him.

Agree with all of this.

Particularly how you felt worried for him those first few weeks. It must have been incredibly tough for the guy. New club, new people, staff, players etc etc and things didn’t go the way we all had hoped.

Those early press conferences all I wanted to do was give him a hug!!!!

I genuinely believe he has everything to manage at the very highest level and I’m sure that’s where he wants to manage. Let’s just enjoy every moment he is here.

A delightful human being doing a tough job under extreme pressure.

Guest ToqueJambo
On 27/01/2020 at 06:54, E6 Inc said:

Dale to assistant and our current assistant (Colt, forget his real name) to DoF?

Interesting. Could be on to something there.

It's all gone quiet on the SD front. I still think McPhee might have a part to play as well but it sounds like that will be up to Stendel. I also still keep thinking Thomas Flogel would be a perfect candidate for SD, especially with Stendel here now. I assume Flogel speaks German, not that that really matters.

The Real Maroonblood
23 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Interesting. Could be on to something there.

It's all gone quiet on the SD front. I still think McPhee might have a part to play as well but it sounds like that will be up to Stendel. I also still keep thinking Thomas Flogel would be a perfect candidate for SD, especially with Stendel here now. I assume Flogel speaks German, not that that really matters.

Flogel is Austrian.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, kila said:

Do you think he speaks Austrian?

Toque must think he does.

That’s why I said he was Austrian.

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Toque must think he does.

That’s why I said he was Austrian.

Toque said he speaks German, which is what they speak in Austria

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, kila said:

Toque said he speaks German, which is what they speak in Austria

He only assumed he spoke German and anyone with half a brain would know that German is their language.

:P

SectionDJambo

Thing I noticed, watching my recording of the game on Sunday, was that the coaches, even Jorg, who looked a serious guy, were having a laugh with each other and those around them, during the game.

I took from that, that the atmosphere around the club has lightened up. Not a case of not taking things seriously, but being comfortable with, and liking, each other. 

From my own experience in retail management, a good and happy atmosphere can be a great thing for morale and commitment. It also means that when you have something serious to say, it gets listened to, rather than dismissed as another pointless moan.

The team management and players seem to have a good vibe, as a group. That can only be good.

Guest ToqueJambo
58 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Flogel is Austrian.

Yes, I know. So is Peter Haring who was translating. Just assume Austrians speak German.

Edited by ToqueJambo

On 27/01/2020 at 19:52, RedKez said:

Barnsley fan here. Mowatt is out of contract in the summer but the club has a year in their favour. He had a great relationship with Stendel, but don’t see him moving up north any time soon.

Never watched hearts before Stendel joined, saw the match at the weekend and I’m hooked already. Loved the passion in the ground, and already planning a trip to Edinburgh to catch a game. You have no idea how much Stendel meant to so many reds fans. His enthusiasm and approach to football was a joy to be part of. Glad Tonge and (I think shortly) Stern are joining him. The players that buy into his way will improve immeasurably. Mowatt looked average in League 1 on loan at Oxford. Stendel has helped him to be a very good championship player. His ability to unleash potential from players people write off is something else.

in 37 years I’ve never understood how people adopt a ‘second team’. I honestly thought you could only ever feel affinity for one team. Now I understand it. You are now the adopted second team of quite a few Barnsley fans! 

Get yourself up to a game. You’ll be well looked after 👍

jack D and coke
7 hours ago, RedKez said:

Thank you! Definitely seems a friendly bunch! Although a win always brings the mood up. Saw some of the comments while your chairwoman was trying to get Stendel in and the mood seemed remarkably similar to how it feels at Barnsley the last couple of weeks. Fair play to her she set her sights, called BS on what our ridiculous owners were putting out, and got Stendel in. I was worried for him the first few weeks with you guys. He seemed flatter than normal, and he had nobody around him seemingly to help. When he came to us he couldn’t speak a single word of English, but worked damn hard to get up to speed as soon as possible. I imagine with the old regime not only sticking around,  but some of them seemingly sticking the knife in, it must have made that first month a challenge. Stern and Tonge are both good blokes and good, young, ambitious coaches. pleased for both that they are following Stendel up North (if CS is)

hopefully now he’s building his team around him you’ll see more of the Stendel that you saw Sunday. He really does head and kick every ball. Opposition managers will hate his enthusiasm. (Joey Barton so much so he suckered punched him from behind in the tunnel). I think what I miss is that he made football enjoyable. Yes it helped he won most games each week last year, but his approach was that a football match is to be won. Not hope for a draw. He would have done that in the championship if only he had been backed. He had the rug pulled from under him, and the owners tried to make him the scapegoat. 

best of luck for the rest of the season. I hope the result on Sunday kicks starts a run. The best thing about Stendels style is when you beat teams you quite often batter them. We had so many 3-0 or 4-0s last year. Were spoilt really. Not used to that as a Barnsley fan!

That’s exactly how I felt. I was honestly fearing he might rap it in after the torrid start he had. The twisted old firm obsessed media we have weren’t complimentary and I also felt the club weren’t backing him enough publically and he cut a lonesome figure I was genuinely concerned it was going to be over before it began. The winter break has came at a good time it seems though and he’s really not messed about and done what he thought he needed to do and I haven’t spoken to a single Hearts fan who isn’t completely behind him and looking forward to what he’s trying to do.

Its been good to hear the Barnsley fans opinions and sometimes I wish yous lot would tone it down and stop getting me so fecking carried away with the guy :lol: I’m kidding mate it’s been great reading. 
If you do come up and want to be in amongst it get a ticket for section G in the wheatfield or section N in the main.

Good luck to Barnsley too I’m looking for your results now and I’ll be watching when I can also. 
Take it easy mate👍🏼

Edited by jack D and coke

jack D and coke
6 hours ago, Tyniestemper said:

Great post mate. 
I was welling up at the final whistle on Sunday it’s been a long time since I felt like that watching us, I was proper emotional :lol: it’s usually apathy and seethe I feel. 

I’m in love again. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
6 hours ago, kila said:

Do you think he speaks Austrian?

🤣🤣

2 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Great post mate. 
I was welling up at the final whistle on Sunday it’s been a long time since I felt like that watching us, I was proper emotional :lol: it’s usually apathy and seethe I feel. 

I’m in love again. 

I think I said elsewhere but I was too and I think a few others have said similar.

It’s pathetically ridiculous - my bairn asked why I had wet eyes. To be fair to my missus, who thinks my obsession with Hearts is ridiculous, she defended me and said “he‘s just happy”.

Without getting overly deep, I think all Hearts fans of a certain age - I am 46 - carry a certain amount of football scars.

I have the 85/86 season; those years of semi finals and late losses against Celtic and Airdrie; going bust and nearly always getting done over by the old firm.

So it was tears in 98 as you would expect.

When Beattie scored his penalty in the Sergio semi it was tears - because it was redemption after all those previous semis. No tears in the final - in fact I was slightly cross we hadn’t gone for more goals!

But then again on Saturday I got that bit of dirt in my eye. That was the weirdest one.

I think it was relief. Mixed with the manner in which we played and how our players turned the game around and how they grafted and being proud of them after all the shit of the last 12 months.

But I also think it was sheer joy for Stendel who I adore already.

He has had a very tough start and I think we possibly have been a bit slow to properly support him - moot point. But I was just so pleased for the guy - and let’s be honest it was a huge boost to our perilous situation.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

jack D and coke
6 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

🤣🤣

I think I said elsewhere but I was too and I think a few others have said similar.

It’s pathetically ridiculous - my bairn asked why I had wet eyes. To be fair to my missus, who thinks my obsession with Hearts is ridiculous, she defended me and said “he‘s just happy”.

Without getting overly deep, I think all Hearts fans of a certain age - I am 46 - carry a certain amount of football scars.

I have the 85/86 season; those years of semi finals and late losses against Celtic and Airdrie; going bust and nearly always getting done over by the old firm.

So it was tears in 98 as you would expect.

When Beattie scored his penalty in the Sergio semi it was tears - because it was redemption after all those previous semis. No tears in the final - in fact I was slightly cross we hadn’t gone for more goals!

But then again on Saturday I got that bit of dirt in my eye. That was the weirdest one.

I think it was relief. Mixed with the manner in which we played and how our players turned the game around and how they grafted and being proud of them after all the shit of the last 12 months.

But I also think it was sheer joy for Stendel who I adore already.

He has had a very tough start and I think we possibly have been a bit slow to properly support him - moot point. But I was just so pleased for the guy - and let’s be honest it was a huge boost to our perilous situation.

46 too mate. Could’ve wrote that post myself. My heart was thumping in the last minute or two was surprised at the emotions at the end you’ve just seen that movie with us dozens of time’s throwing it away with injury time goals lol. Spoke to my pal straight after who was watching the game in the house and he said same that he felt like greeting😭😂

Hearts eh.