• Redhelen

• tartofmidlothian

• The Real Maroonblood

• kila

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
36 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Ann budge needs to he a given a break now. Aii, she ****ed up but is trying to rectify that now.  

People need to  stop looking back

backwards 

My issue with Ann was pretty much resolved when she fired Levein and eventually hired Stendel.

Governor Tarkin
56 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Ann budge needs to he a given a break now. Aii, she ****ed up but is trying to rectify that now.  

backwards 

:spoton:

57 minutes ago, NlGHTMARE said:

I can't see you getting the likes of Mowatt if you take any more players from us, I think as we look to bring improvements in the players they replace will drop to the bench, and lads they replace will be allowed out on loan. 
as well as the ones that can’t get in the squad already, if Stendel is willing to give Styles and Simoes game time I’d rather him take them  on loan and develop them into better players, instead of the dead wood we don’t want back. Off load them to other clubs. 

40 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

Its Chris who acted as interpreter. He might well develop into a top coach, he's only young and seems very eager to learn. 

You guys seen who has been liking all of Daniels most recent social media posts? 😉🇱🇻

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Great news. Looking at his playing stats though I have not seen such a poor goals per game ratio (even for a defender) since Craigy Whighton was with us. Great to have him as part of the coaching team.

**** the Hibs.

Wighton is still with us, isn’t a defender either. Neilson only scored 2 goals in his goals home career and did well as a coach.

MarkDevriesScores4

Really positive news this. DS and Subsequently AB have obviously wanted him for weeks. Glad it’s over the line. 

Haringshairband
1 hour ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

My issue with Ann was pretty much resolved when she fired Levein and eventually hired Stendel.

Mine too.

5 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Great news now can all the nutjobs get off Budge's back and just let the guy Stendel get on with his job with no distraction's as it's clear as day she is backing the man.

Couldn’t agree more. Budge has acknowledged her mistake with Levein and is dealing with it in the right way.

tartofmidlothian
2 hours ago, NlGHTMARE said:

I can't see you getting the likes of Mowatt if you take any more players from us, I think as we look to bring improvements in the players they replace will drop to the bench, and lads they replace will be allowed out on loan. 
as well as the ones that can’t get in the squad already, if Stendel is willing to give Styles and Simoes game time I’d rather him take them  on loan and develop them into better players, instead of the dead wood we don’t want back. Off load them to other clubs. 

Isn't Mowatt out of contract in the summer? He seems like the kind of player we might try to push the boat out for on a pre-contract If DS really wants him, but I'm sure you guys wouldn't be inclined to let go this month unless we made a worthwhile offer.

5 hours ago, Sherbet said:

It's because of her failure to sack levein we are in this position

If she had sacked Levein earlier ... would we have got Stendel?  Maybe fate is warming to us .

22 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Isn't Mowatt out of contract in the summer? He seems like the kind of player we might try to push the boat out for on a pre-contract If DS really wants him, but I'm sure you guys wouldn't be inclined to let go this month unless we made a worthwhile offer.

Barnsley fan here. Mowatt is out of contract in the summer but the club has a year in their favour. He had a great relationship with Stendel, but don’t see him moving up north any time soon.

Never watched hearts before Stendel joined, saw the match at the weekend and I’m hooked already. Loved the passion in the ground, and already planning a trip to Edinburgh to catch a game. You have no idea how much Stendel meant to so many reds fans. His enthusiasm and approach to football was a joy to be part of. Glad Tonge and (I think shortly) Stern are joining him. The players that buy into his way will improve immeasurably. Mowatt looked average in League 1 on loan at Oxford. Stendel has helped him to be a very good championship player. His ability to unleash potential from players people write off is something else.

in 37 years I’ve never understood how people adopt a ‘second team’. I honestly thought you could only ever feel affinity for one team. Now I understand it. You are now the adopted second team of quite a few Barnsley fans! 

3 minutes ago, RedKez said:

Barnsley fan here. Mowatt is out of contract in the summer but the club has a year in their favour. He had a great relationship with Stendel, but don’t see him moving up north any time soon.

Never watched hearts before Stendel joined, saw the match at the weekend and I’m hooked already. Loved the passion in the ground, and already planning a trip to Edinburgh to catch a game. You have no idea how much Stendel meant to so many reds fans. His enthusiasm and approach to football was a joy to be part of. Glad Tonge and (I think shortly) Stern are joining him. The players that buy into his way will improve immeasurably. Mowatt looked average in League 1 on loan at Oxford. Stendel has helped him to be a very good championship player. His ability to unleash potential from players people write off is something else.

in 37 years I’ve never understood how people adopt a ‘second team’. I honestly thought you could only ever feel affinity for one team. Now I understand it. You are now the adopted second team of quite a few Barnsley fans! 

Good to hear, I hope you enjoy your many visits to Tynecastle 💪👍

5 minutes ago, RedKez said:

Good to hear , 

If you've  never been to Edinburgh before you'll love it . 

Post on here when you're heading up and you'll get a few decent recommendations for pubs pre and post match . 

tartofmidlothian
3 minutes ago, RedKez said:

Mowatt's eligible for Scotland though, isn't he? Believe us, there would be no better place for him to stake an international claim than with us. Or does a year in Barnsley's favour mean you have an option to extend?

Great post, by the way, and thanks for our manager. Welcome to the Famous! :thumbsup:

10 minutes ago, RedKez said:

🇱🇻🇦🇹🇱🇻🇦🇹🇱🇻🇦🇹 Yaaas

1 minute ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Mowatt's eligible for Scotland though, isn't he? Believe us, there would be no better place for him to stake an international claim than with us. Or does a year in Barnsley's favour mean you have an option to extend?

Great post, by the way, and thanks for our manager. Welcome to the Famous! :thumbsup:

thank you. Seems like a great club. Love Edinburgh as a city, as one of the firms I work with is based there, so many a great time had already. A football team to support as well just makes it a more frequent destination. 

a year in Barnsley’s favour means they can auto renew his contract for one year if we choose too. We will. But I know Mowatt was gutted Stendel left, and I know our charlatan owners will sell any of our silver for the right price. So who knows. Interesting times!

I’ve always been the same @RedKez never understood people claiming to have two teams they support, I’ve got 3 teams, two I hate, one I love, and I’m passionate about all 3, but I’ve never understood having two you like. Now I find myself hoping we keep Mike Bähre just so Hearts don’t end up with the useless B@stard, but normally I’d want the pile of shite as far away from my club as possible, it’s really strange. 

Edited by NlGHTMARE

2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You guys seen who has been liking all of Daniels most recent social media posts? 😉🇱🇻

👀🇱🇻

C3DC0E1E-0281-45A9-A5D7-CE9E89FE8209.jpeg

PaulHartley10
6 minutes ago, NlGHTMARE said:

I’ve always been the same @RedKez never understood people claiming to have two teams they support, I’ve got 3 teams, two hate one I love, and I’m passionate about all 3, but I’ve never understood having two you like. Now I find myself hoping we keep Mike Bähre just so Hearts don’t end up with the useless B@stard, but normally I’d want the pile of shite as far away from my club as possible, it’s really strange. 

:laugh2:

9 minutes ago, NlGHTMARE said:

I’ve always been the same @RedKez never understood people claiming to have two teams they support, I’ve got 3 teams, two I hate, one I love, and I’m passionate about all 3, but I’ve never understood having two you like. Now I find myself hoping we keep Mike Bähre just so Hearts don’t end up with the useless B@stard, but normally I’d want the pile of shite as far away from my club as possible, it’s really strange. 

:rofl:  Brilliant.

6 minutes ago, NlGHTMARE said:

I’ve always been the same @RedKez never understood people claiming to have two teams they support, I’ve got 3 teams, two hate one I love, and I’m passionate about all 3, but I’ve never understood having two you like. Now I find myself hoping we keep Mike Bähre just so Hearts don’t end up with the useless B@stard, but normally I’d want the pile of shite as far away from my club as possible, it’s really strange. 

I like Bahre. I have quite a few teams I have a soft spot for and Hearts are now my Scottish team. It'sl like revisiting the early days of Stendel 's time with us. Nice to see him looking happy again. 

Budge is absolutely doing the right thing to get us back on track. Finally being able to bring in Stendels guys is a huge plus and hopefully go from strength to strength. 

Interesting point above, if Stern joins too what happens with the structure of the coaches in the first team - Stendel - Manager, Sievers - ?, Kirk - ?, Tonge - ?, Stern - ? Has Sievers came over for a short stint abroad for the experience or are we going to have all these guys joining us? If so, absolutely brilliant. 

I really hope Stendel stays long enough to take us into Europe. I really believe he would get us to the group stages.

1 hour ago, OTT said:

Budge is absolutely doing the right thing to get us back on track. Finally being able to bring in Stendels guys is a huge plus and hopefully go from strength to strength. 

Interesting point above, if Stern joins too what happens with the structure of the coaches in the first team - Stendel - Manager, Sievers - ?, Kirk - ?, Tonge - ?, Stern - ? Has Sievers came over for a short stint abroad for the experience or are we going to have all these guys joining us? If so, absolutely brilliant. 

I really hope Stendel stays long enough to take us into Europe. I really believe he would get us to the group stages.

Sievers either SD or keeper coach I’d think. 
Kirk maybe back to reserves to get them playing same style as first ream. 

Nelly Terraces

Great to see another of Daniels guys coming in, can only be a postive thing.

The old regime slowly been painted out the picture. I've absolutely no idea why they're bothering to stay (well, for the pay obviously), they're yesterdays men who's methods & footballing ethos have proved to be a complete failure.

15 hours ago, RedKez said:

Welcome aboard. After a dismal 2019, Sunday reminded me why I go to watch football. Pure joy.

30 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Great to see another of Daniels guys coming in, can only be a postive thing.

The old regime slowly been painted out the picture. I've absolutely no idea why they're bothering to stay (well, for the pay obviously), they're yesterdays men who's methods & footballing ethos have proved to be a complete failure.

Thing is.....

This high-pressing “in about them” ethos gave CL probably his best result as second time around manager. The 4-0 defeat of Celtic was exactly this style and for some reason he wouldn’t persevere with it apart from the OF at home.

If he’d stick with it he’d probably still be in dugout.

17 hours ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Eventually ? It has been covered already how complicated the dealings with Barnsley were .

Stendel was identified early in the process . AB ignored all the criticism and concentrated on getting him in . 

Some of the comments on here were/are disgraceful

15 hours ago, RedKez said:

What a lovely post mate and good luck to you boys for the rest of the season.

18 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

backwards 

Yes and no, I'm basically behind her because of how she rescued the club, how far we've come and how she's clearly a well meaning human being. 

But I dont like that her M.O. involves such a lack of transparency, especially as transparency is exactly what was promised when she took over. 

Obviously it would be dumb to think we should or could be told everything that goes on but the balance isn't right for me. It's ridiculous that the nick of the pitch wasn't acknowledged and explained, and that it took pushing from the fans to get the info we have. Again, I like Ann, I heartily approve of us being a part of the community, paying the living wage and trying to be good guys in the world, but information vacuums and secrecy aren't good, especially when a support are angered by poor performance.

15 hours ago, OTT said:

Cl > Stendel

MacPhee > Sievers

Daly > Tonge

Gallagher GK Coach - No change

Fox > Kirk until Stern arrives then either back to Reserves or we have +1 coaches for the first team which when you look at how badly coached we were previously then it's no bad thing

13 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Cl > Stendel

MacPhee > Sievers

Daly > Tonge

Fox > Kirk until Stern arrives then either back to Reserves or we have +1 coaches for the first team which when you look at how badly coached we were previously then it's no bad thing

Thought you were using “ >” In its logic sense there 😂

14 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Cl > Stendel

MacPhee > Sievers

Daly > Tonge

Didn’t read the post you’d quoted first and thought you were saying all the previous coaches were better than the current ones :lol: 

35 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Yes and no, I'm basically behind her because of how she rescued the club, how far we've come and how she's clearly a well meaning human being. 

But I dont like that her M.O. involves such a lack of transparency, especially as transparency is exactly what was promised when she took over. 

Obviously it would be dumb to think we should or could be told everything that goes on but the balance isn't right for me. It's ridiculous that the nick of the pitch wasn't acknowledged and explained, and that it took pushing from the fans to get the info we have. Again, I like Ann, I heartily approve of us being a part of the community, paying the living wage and trying to be good guys in the world, but information vacuums and secrecy aren't good, especially when a support are angered by poor performance.

It would ruin the documentary :)

Hearts Heritage
16 hours ago, RedKez said:

Make sure you pop into the Museum. We are the only club in Scotland to have one.

We aren't open on matchdays but depending on the fixture there might be hospitality on in the Museum £35 (excluding match ticket) gets you 90 minutes of food and drink before kick off, 60 minutes of drinks afterwards.

We will be open on the Friday and Saturday or Sunday (depending when the game is played).

39 minutes ago, westbow said:

Thought you were using “ >” In its logic sense there 😂

Me too, I was about to start thrashing at my keyboard for a second there!!!!

2 hours ago, DH1986 said:

Thing is.....

This high-pressing “in about them” ethos gave CL probably his best result as second time around manager. The 4-0 defeat of Celtic was exactly this style and for some reason he wouldn’t persevere with it apart from the OF at home.

If he’d stick with it he’d probably still be in dugout.

Yes CL is , probably , an instinctively pragmatic (cautious) coach . So is Mourinho (he does work with better players) . Very worthwhile when he took over from Cathro (I'm aware he brought him in) and we went so many games without conceding . Not pretty but effective at the time . He was extremely capable of producing well coached , disciplined , fit teams . Non Hearts supporting friends made these points to me at the start of last season . At the same time , every now and then , he would pull out a great performance . 4-0 , cup final etc .

He contradicted his own , natural caution with some signings not least Cathro . Nobody can argue that wasn't a bold move . 

I watched us at Perth earlier this season .

An incredibly turgid performance .

Had to admit things had to change dramatically . I'm aware it should have happened earlier .

We are , thanks to AB's tenacity (again I'm aware of her delay with sacking CL) , in an extremely exciting new era . 

alicante jambo
19 hours ago, RedKez said:

Hey what a cracking post. Us jambos are very friendly people and when you are going to edinburgh say on here and you will get plenty offers to meet up in the pubs before the game. You will he well looked after with our fans mate. All the best to your lot for the rest of the season. 

2 hours ago, Hearts Heritage said:

Make sure you pop into the Museum. We are the only club in Scotland to have one.

We aren't open on matchdays but depending on the fixture there might be hospitality on in the Museum £35 (excluding match ticket) gets you 90 minutes of food and drink before kick off, 60 minutes of drinks afterwards.

We will be open on the Friday and Saturday or Sunday (depending when the game is played).

Thank you, that sounds like a nice idea. Only question is what’s atmosphere and seats like in the hospitality section? Been to a few where it feels quite detached, and having seen the atmosphere on Sunday fancy would want to be in amongst it. Although it may make it an easier sell to the wife if she gets some decent food and drink at the match! Certainly sounds a decent price!

58 minutes ago, alicante jambo said:

Hey what a cracking post. Us jambos are very friendly people and when you are going to edinburgh say on here and you will get plenty offers to meet up in the pubs before the game. You will he well looked after with our fans mate. All the best to your lot for the rest of the season. 

Thank you! Definitely seems a friendly bunch! Although a win always brings the mood up. Saw some of the comments while your chairwoman was trying to get Stendel in and the mood seemed remarkably similar to how it feels at Barnsley the last couple of weeks. Fair play to her she set her sights, called BS on what our ridiculous owners were putting out, and got Stendel in. I was worried for him the first few weeks with you guys. He seemed flatter than normal, and he had nobody around him seemingly to help. When he came to us he couldn’t speak a single word of English, but worked damn hard to get up to speed as soon as possible. I imagine with the old regime not only sticking around,  but some of them seemingly sticking the knife in, it must have made that first month a challenge. Stern and Tonge are both good blokes and good, young, ambitious coaches. pleased for both that they are following Stendel up North (if CS is)

hopefully now he’s building his team around him you’ll see more of the Stendel that you saw Sunday. He really does head and kick every ball. Opposition managers will hate his enthusiasm. (Joey Barton so much so he suckered punched him from behind in the tunnel). I think what I miss is that he made football enjoyable. Yes it helped he won most games each week last year, but his approach was that a football match is to be won. Not hope for a draw. He would have done that in the championship if only he had been backed. He had the rug pulled from under him, and the owners tried to make him the scapegoat. 

best of luck for the rest of the season. I hope the result on Sunday kicks starts a run. The best thing about Stendels style is when you beat teams you quite often batter them. We had so many 3-0 or 4-0s last year. Were spoilt really. Not used to that as a Barnsley fan!

19 hours ago, RedKez said:

Phenomenal post mate. Welcome aboard the Jambo rollercoaster 👍🏼🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Hearts Heritage
35 minutes ago, RedKez said:

Thank you, that sounds like a nice idea. Only question is what’s atmosphere and seats like in the hospitality section? Been to a few where it feels quite detached, and having seen the atmosphere on Sunday fancy would want to be in amongst it. Although it may make it an easier sell to the wife if she gets some decent food and drink at the match! Certainly sounds a decent price!

The Museum Hospitality you sit in your own seat rather than the hospitality section.