All is not well in the HSL!!!!

avhudtheteeshirt

Guest ToqueJambo
19 hours ago, primrose said:

770k in 5 years from 2400 subscribers, so each subscriber averaging £4.46 per month, Or £53.52 per year. 

The Hibs fans haven’t really bought into HSL. 

There is is no doubt that the FOH has been a huge success as necessity is the mother of invention, but that is a piss poor response from the Hibs fans. 

My £51 per month Is the only DD that makes me smile when it leaves my bank account, I’ll smile even more now knowing that I put about the same amount into my club every 5 months that they put into theirs in every 5 years. 

This is why people who say we'd be better with Dempster than Budge can do one. Even after we survived admin, which is what most of us probably first pledged for, FoH contributions under Budge have stayed good. On top of that she's managed to persuade wealthy fans to part with bucket loads of cash for various things. 

Dempster did a terrible job of promoting HSL, and it was her job to do that, and she's been silent on it since the takeover. 

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Footballfirst

• Rudy T

• John Findlay

• BelgeJambo

9 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Dempster did a terrible job of promoting HSL, and it was her job to do that, and she's been silent on it since the takeover. 

Key question is why? But most Hibbies are to addled to ask that.

22 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

This is why people who say we'd be better with Dempster than Budge can do one. Even after we survived admin, which is what most of us probably first pledged for, FoH contributions under Budge have stayed good. On top of that she's managed to persuade wealthy fans to part with bucket loads of cash for various things. 

Good post .

Allowayjambo1874

Hibs didn’t need HSL like we needed FOH they just saw what we were doing and thought ‘hang on’ as the cash rolling in was phenomenal. 

The interesting dynamic will be when we have paid off AB and the shares revert to FOH. Then we will be in a similar position to where HSL are at the moment; no more shares to purchase but potentially cash rolling in from contributors.

Whilst the FOH direct debits may reduce I suspect 60% (at least) will continue which equates to at least £50k a month which is more than they got at their best.

To cut a long story short our fans had to man up. They did.  And now most will continue to do so come hell or high water which is why we will always be the big team.

Gorgie Rules 

17 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Very good question esp being on the board of HSL and in the middle of the takeover discussions....Almost as if self importance overtook her and she screwed HSL with Petrie , Farmer n Gordon for their own benefit

Maybe a bit early to bring this up but with the feel good factor back and hopefully we start winning I wonder if we will see an uptake in d/d again or renewals from fans who were disgruntled.

37 minutes ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Hibs didn’t need HSL like we needed FOH they just saw what we were doing and thought ‘hang on’ as the cash rolling in was phenomenal. 

Hibs didn’t need HSL because their support was happy to scrounge if TF’s generosity. There was zero chance of that lot putting their drug money into the club.

37 minutes ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Whilst the FOH direct debits may reduce I suspect 60% (at least) will continue which equates to at least £50k a month which is more than they got at their best.

To cut a long story short our fans had to man up. They did.  And now most will continue to do so come hell or high water which is why we will always be the big team.

Gorgie Rules 

Hopefully it will be closer to 100%. Even when FOH take over ownership, it’s imperative we all continue to put money in.

Guest ToqueJambo
59 minutes ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

The interesting dynamic will be when we have paid off AB and the shares revert to FOH. Then we will be in a similar position to where HSL are at the moment; no more shares to purchase but potentially cash rolling in from contributors.

Gorgie Rules 

There definitely was a massive sense of urgency that helped FoH, but there are other fan ownership schemes that have succeeded with no "have to" element. Hibs tried to get in on that and failed, while a club like Motherwell has succeeded despite no threats to their existence at the time. As you say, I think the fact that donations have stayed so high shows that our fans are willing to dig deep both when we have to and when we don't. Ignoring the negative ninnies and Rangers fans without bus fares, we have the best supporters in the country by a mile.

1 hour ago, OldGorgie said:

Because even she is not daft enough to bite the hand that feeds her.

33 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Ignoring the negative ninnies and Rangers fans without bus fares, we have the best supporters in the country by a mile.

👏👏👏👏👍

2 hours ago, Turkishcap said:

Maybe a bit early to bring this up but with the feel good factor back and hopefully we start winning I wonder if we will see an uptake in d/d again or renewals from fans who were disgruntled.

They never dropped that much while we were shite, not sure an improvement will see an increase either.

jack D and coke
2 hours ago, graygo said:

They never dropped that much while we were shite, not sure an improvement will see an increase either.

I hope some of the lads who stopped their subs (I personally know a couple too) will get them going again now AB has done some fine work in the last month or so. 

5 hours ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Gorgie Rules 

If we are on a roll, and I think we will be, more chance they will increase imo.

Footballfirst
4 hours ago, sinks said:

Has anything Kenny McAskill been involved in ever been anything else?

According to Ian Murray's book, he was part of a cross party group of politicians that supported BDO's efforts to get Hearts out of administration.

11 hours ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Gorgie Rules 

I contributed to help save my club like so many others.

I will continue to contribute so i hopefully never have to go through that again.

Pledge is for life for most of us.  Unless personal circumstances change then I wouldn’t imagine there would be a huge drop.

HSL never had any reason like we did to contribute and seems they rightly have a problem giving money now  to build Ron Gordon’s real estate. I wouldn’t trust that mans motives either

we will own our club, and to be honest unless we end up with Craig Levein again as manager then no reason for us to stop subs. Stendel will hopefully reap the benefits of FOH’s  £100k a month in some form

Big team and they will soon enough know it again

Edited by 1971fozzy

13 hours ago, Prof said:

Hibs didn’t need HSL because their support was happy to scrounge if TF’s generosity. There was zero chance of that lot putting their drug money into the club.

Hopefully it will be closer to 100%. Even when FOH take over ownership, it’s imperative we all continue to put money in.

I think subscriptions will start to fall when we are owners. The proposed plan of it all going to the club with no limitations as to what it can be spent on doesn't sit well with some.

I wish the proposal was that x % would get ringfenced for future projects with some going straight to the club to spend as they wish. That feels better IMO and more likely to keep subscribers

The Old Tolbooth

On top of all this, I'm hearing that all is not well in the Hibs dressing room and the players don't like Jack Ross very much, he's (allegedly) been after Mallan's bird in a creepy way on their Xmas night out, among other things. 

7 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

On top of all this, I'm hearing that all is not well in the Hibs dressing room and the players don't like Jack Ross very much, he's (allegedly) been after Mallan's bird in a creepy way on their Xmas night out, among other things. 

No change in that behaviour for Randy Jack.

alwaysthereinspirit
12 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Without photos this post  is useless. :waiting:

47 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Pretty sure that was some made up pish on Twitter. 

51 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

He's a charmer. 

On 27/01/2020 at 19:27, Des Lynam said:
brog 10:48 AM Today 
I woke up this morning feeling a little downcast that laughing at Hawrts & the fun on this thread was probably over for a while. Then I thought, if that's how I'm feeling today, how must they have been feeling every day since 21/5/16!! Fair cheered me up!

:rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: 

They think they’re the only Scottish team to win the Scottish cup. 

We ****ed you 5-1 you bunch of mutants. 

Ah, the Challenge Cup Final he means, under the guise of the Scots FA Cup Final with two Championship teams competing for it? Aye, Ah've been feeling sooooooooo jealous of their success in 2016!

brog….i'll raise you the May's of 1998 (top Glasgow Rangers players not Championship Rangers 2012), 2006 (remember the semi you were involved in?) and 2012  (oops! didn't mean to mention that) 

Anyway, i'm sure everyone on here is delighted to hear you've fairly cheered up. :look::sergioyay:

On 27/01/2020 at 23:04, primrose said:

770k in 5 years from 2400 subscribers, so each subscriber averaging £4.46 per month, Or £53.52 per year. 

The Hibs fans haven’t really bought into HSL. 

There is is no doubt that the FOH has been a huge success as necessity is the mother of invention, but that is a piss poor response from the Hibs fans. 

My £51 per month Is the only DD that makes me smile when it leaves my bank account, I’ll smile even more now knowing that I put about the same amount into my club every 5 months that they put into theirs in every 5 years. 

You are absolutely correct about the FOH being a success. We owe a huge debt to Alec Mackie and Jamie Bryant who first came up with the concept. If it wasn't for the FOH of Hearts we would most likely have been liquidated and would no longer be playing at Tynecastle the most atmospheric stadium in Scotland.

Gilberts Fridge
22 hours ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Gorgie Rules 

We will not be in a similar position to Hibs as we will be majority fan owned at that stage. Hibs are owned by one majority shareholder.

FOH subscriptions will go to the club that is fan owned and allow the club to grow and invest. 

Future HSL subscriptions will go to a club that is 75 % owned and controlled by one man allowing the value of his shares to grow thereby improving one man's investment.

When are we going to hear Ron's master plan for complete domination by Hibs, I guess its only been seven months since the takeover so he is still feeling his way

Footballfirst
3 minutes ago, Gilberts Fridge said:

When are we going to hear Ron's master plan for complete domination by Hibs, I guess its only been seven months since the takeover so he is still feeling his way

Hibs accounts for 2018/19 are due to be published shortly. We might find out a bit more about the details of his takeover and his plans for the future. 

1 hour ago, Hearts Daft said:

You are absolutely correct about the FOH being a success. We owe a huge debt to Alec Mackie and Jamie Bryant who first came up with the concept. If it wasn't for the FOH of Hearts we would most likely have been liquidated and would no longer be playing at Tynecastle the most atmospheric stadium in Scotland.

How true.  It's not just rhetoric that we absolutely refused to let our club die. Well before FoH we were contributing millions to stave off liquidation.

5 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

:ruiner:

ginger jambo98
5 hours ago, Hearts Daft said:

Wee Jamie was more of a Partick Thistle man than a Hearts man. However, he saw how dejected a lot of us were after Dens in 86 and was genuinely taken aback at how much Hearts fans cared about their team. He never forgot that passion and when he got asked to help set up the original FOH, he jumped at the chance. He knew that Hearts fans would rally round and wanted to be part of it. Great wee guy, still see him a couple of times a year for beers and a catch up. 

1 hour ago, ginger jambo98 said:

Wee Jamie was more of a Partick Thistle man than a Hearts man. However, he saw how dejected a lot of us were after Dens in 86 and was genuinely taken aback at how much Hearts fans cared about their team. He never forgot that passion and when he got asked to help set up the original FOH, he jumped at the chance. He knew that Hearts fans would rally round and wanted to be part of it. Great wee guy, still see him a couple of times a year for beers and a catch up. 

Correct, had many a beer with Jamie in Dalkeith.

8 hours ago, jambonian said:

Ah, the Challenge Cup Final he means, under the guise of the Scots FA Cup Final with two Championship teams competing for it? Aye, Ah've been feeling sooooooooo jealous of their success in 2016!

brog….i'll raise you the May's of 1998 (top Glasgow Rangers players not Championship Rangers 2012), 2006 (remember the semi you were involved in?) and 2012  (oops! didn't mean to mention that) 

Anyway, i'm sure everyone on here is delighted to hear you've fairly cheered up. :look::sergioyay:

I think I'm right in saying that Hibs win the Scottish Cup once every century.

If so, only another 80 years or so to go till the next one.

Coburg Hearts
7 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Hibs accounts for 2018/19 are due to be published shortly. We might find out a bit more about the details of his takeover and his plans for the future. 

Am I right in thinking they would normally have had their AGM about last October, but that so far no date has been announced? 

When I was on hibs,net a few days ago there were quite a few expressing concerns about the delay.

The HSL was probably doomed when they named their version of 'Maroon Points',  'Francks'.  I think 4 got you a genuine decanter fragment.

Coburg Hearts
3 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

The HSL was probably doomed when they named their version of 'Maroon Points',  'Francks'.  I think 4 got you a genuine decanter fragment.

Last I heard it was a SMASH hit.

Footballfirst
6 hours ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Am I right in thinking they would normally have had their AGM about last October, but that so far no date has been announced? 

When I was on hibs,net a few days ago there were quite a few expressing concerns about the delay.

I think their AGM is usually in December or January.

12 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I think their AGM is usually in December or January.

What’s the legal requirements around agm timing?

Footballfirst
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

What’s the legal requirements around agm timing?

The driver is the accounts date.  For listed companies it's within 6 months of the financial year end. For unlisted companies it's 9 months.

The company's Articles of Association usually determine how much notice is required before the AGM, e.g. 2, 3, or 4 weeks, so add that to the date the accounts are published. The AGM notice normally comes out with the accounts but there is no reason for them to come out together. 

FOH announced the date of their AGM months in advance last year, but only published their accounts on the last day they could, 2 weeks before the AGM date.  

11 hours ago, ginger jambo98 said:

I had the honour of working beside Jamie when we were both involved in local politics a wonderful gentleman.

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

The driver is the accounts date.  For listed companies it's within 6 months of the financial year end. For unlisted companies it's 9 months.

The company's Articles of Association usually determine how much notice is required before the AGM, e.g. 2, 3, or 4 weeks, so add that to the date the accounts are published. The AGM notice normally comes out with the accounts but there is no reason for them to come out together. 

FOH announced the date of their AGM months in advance last year, but only published their accounts on the last day they could, 2 weeks before the AGM date.  

Slightly off topic, but I would guess the SEVCO accountant is being creatively busy for theirs :)

On 28/01/2020 at 18:33, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Gorgie Rules 

I will be extremely disappointed if we lose 40% of our pledgers when we have paid off AB.