Kobe Bryant dead

Jambomuzz

What a shame.

Up there with some of the greats.

I hate helicopters! Why anyone would choose to use this as a form of transport is beyond me! 

Edited by jambo89

Just now, Muppetboy said:

Dick

A bit touchy arent you. 

Helicopters are great fun. Yes theyre more dangerous than most forms of transport but to ask why folk would travel that way is ridiculous. 

Just in the news over the last 48 hours when his points tally was beaten by Lebron James and very gracious about it then this

Sad to see anyone pass away and of course remember the others who were with him who also died

This is a genuine stunner. Will be the biggest news story in America for weeks to come. There's some chat that his daughters were also on board but obviously unclear right now. 

4 minutes ago, The Brow said:

A bit touchy arent you. 

Helicopters are great fun. Yes theyre more dangerous than most forms of transport but to ask why folk would travel that way is ridiculous. 

Why is it ridiculous to question why some one would choose to travel that way? 

They are far more dangerous than flying in a plane and honestly don’t see what’s “fun” about them! 

You must be so edgy and cool by saying helicopters are fun though! 

1 minute ago, jambo89 said:

Why is it ridiculous to question why some one would choose to travel that way? 

They are far more dangerous than flying in a plane and honestly don’t see what’s “fun” about them! 

You must be so edgy and cool by saying helicopters are fun though! 

Aye, thats exactly what Im trying to be. Im trying to win approval from an internet forum. If you cant see the fundamental difference in why someone would choose a helicopter rather than an airplane, then youre slightly dim. 

Please refer to me as Mr Edgelord. 

Spanner/. 

1 minute ago, The Brow said:

Aye, thats exactly what Im trying to be. Im trying to win approval from an internet forum. If you cant see the fundamental difference in why someone would choose a helicopter rather than an airplane, then youre slightly dim. 

Please refer to me as Mr Edgelord. 

Spanner/. 

I honestly my can’t see why someone would choose a helicopter over a plane given the massive increase in danger! Please enlighten me? 

Why choose a helicopter at all? And you still haven’t explained why they’re soooooo much fun like your initial post!? 

Just now, jambo89 said:

I honestly my can’t see why someone would choose a helicopter over a plane given the massive increase in danger! Please enlighten me? 

Why choose a helicopter at all? And you still haven’t explained why they’re soooooo much fun like your initial post!? 

I see you're doubling down on being a bit dim. 

Hopefully you'll book yourself a ride in one soon and find out for yourself. 

watch you dont crash mind, that would be a shame.  

6 minutes ago, The Brow said:

I see you're doubling down on being a bit dim. 

Hopefully you'll book yourself a ride in one soon and find out for yourself. 

watch you dont crash mind, that would be a shame.  

I use them for work all the time buddy, AW139, S92, EC225 and AW189 so spare me your condescending pish! 

Once you’ve been involved in an emergency RTB and had colleagues die in a helicopter crash, maybe then you can tell me why I’m being so “dim” and how fun they are! 

Edited by jambo89

9 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

Because unless you are travelling in a Harrier, you can't really land a plane on say, an oil rig, or a roof, or a field...

Edited by trotter

Just now, jambo89 said:

I use them for work all the time buddy, AW139, S92, EC225 and AW189 so spare me your condescending pish! 

Once you’ve been involved in an emergency RTB and had colleagues die in a helicopter crash, maybe then you can tell me why I’m being so “dim” and how fun they are! 

Sorry for finding blasting along in a helicopter fun because you've had a bad experience 🎺

I should definitely have the same opinion as you. 

2 minutes ago, trotter said:

Because unless you are travelling in a Harrier, you can't really land a plane on say, an oil rig, or a roof, or a field...

Hes being a facetious tit based on his own bad experiences in them. 

Tried landing my Boeing 747 in my back garden but hit the neighbours house. If only there was another transport method available. 

Think this thread has taken a bit of a sidetrack. At the end of the day a man has lost his life, and if reports are true his 4 daughters have aswell. 

Have a bit of respect. 

4 minutes ago, trotter said:

Because unless you are travelling in a Harrier, you can't really land a plane on say, an oil rig, or a roof, or a boat...

Why would Kobe Bryant be working on an oil rig!

I’m pretty sure you can dock boats too. 

You should always avoid travel by helicopter if you can avoid imo

2 minutes ago, The Brow said:

Sorry for finding blasting along in a helicopter fun because you've had a bad experience 🎺

I should definitely have the same opinion as you. 

Apology accepted. 

7 minutes ago, Jambomuzz said:

Think this thread has taken a bit of a sidetrack. At the end of the day a man has lost his life, and if reports are true his 4 daughters have aswell. 

Have a bit of respect. 

Think it's been confirmed that none of his family were on board. 

Actually, reports now saying one of his daughters was. I'll stop speculating. 

Edited by Mauricio Pinilla

35 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

One of sports greats and always came across as a decent guy too. RIP Kobe

Didn’t come across as very decent regarding the sexual assault allegations. Still, we all make mistakes. Great player. 

cardboardcutout

Death traps imo and given that they’re the preferred method of travel by the rich and famous many greats have perished in them. RIP to the latest.

Atticus Finch

Probably the reason a lot of folks got into following the NBA - in an era when Kobe and LeBron both co-existed and utterly transformed the game.

I'm not a Lakers fan (I had been a long-suffering Warriors fan until recent years) but absolutely admired Kobe and all he achieved down in L.A. Genuinely a little stunned by this news.

rip kobe

heard a pilot once say theres something called a jesus bolt on a helicopter because if it fails u better talk to jesus as theres no return and no backup

Bridge of Djoum
2 hours ago, The Brow said:

Shame, theyre great fun. 

They **** ain’t! I spent a lot of time in them whilst in the Navy. Death-traps. The pilot of our Lynx on the Edinburgh was a South African. Excellent pilot. We were out in the Middle East, must’ve  been 92’. He was on a training flight when suddenly the thing went into a nose dive, a good number of us were watching it. He was plummeting towards the ocean at some rate, struggling to recover the dive. He managed to pull it up with very little to spare. He managed to land it on the flight deck, got out looking absolutely ashen faced. He requested a transfer as soon as a replacement was flown out. He re-trained as a navigator and as far as I know never flew again. After that I was in fear every time I had to go in one, which at that one was 5-6 times a week due to where we were and what we were doing. 

Tragic accident and even more so his daughter was with him. News and sport channels here are covering it extensively. Not a fan of basketball but you’d have to be in a cave not to understand what Kobe was to the sport. 

I'm not really a basketball fan but was absolutely shocked when I read this.

The only time I have been in a helicopter is when I did a tour of Edinburgh from the airport. Was a surreal experience taking off vertically!!

Bridge of Djoum
1 hour ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Think it's been confirmed that none of his family were on board. 

Actually, reports now saying one of his daughters was. I'll stop speculating. 

Seems it was one of his daughters, another player/friend and his daughter. Obviously the pilot as well. 

2 hours ago, Tazio said:

If the accounts are correct it sounds horrendous with the helicopter bursting into flames in mid air and then crashing after that happened. 

By its very nature, when a helicopter experiences mechanical failure it tends to do so catastrophically.

Never been a fan of basketball but I know who Kobe Bryant is. After Michael Jordan, he's like the greatest player. 

That's like Cristiano Ronaldo dying at a young age. 

Unreal. 

Rest in peace to him, his daughter and all who died. 

Helicopters are terribly dangerous things. 

luckyBatistuta

Never been a fan of basketball either, but sad news. I was once chatting with an older guy from the American military and he worked with planes and helicopters and he was saying that he would never get in a helicopter other than the ones in the military. He was saying the costs are so ridiculously high to maintain them, that he just wouldn’t trust anyone to have the thing up to correct standard. I wouldn’t have got in one before I met him anyway.

RIP Kobe Bryant

4 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

I read that. What happened to him? 

3 hours ago, Peebo said:

Suicide, apparently. 

Could be right, all the reports I've seen haven't mentioned a cause of death strangely.

6 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Seems it was one of his daughters, another player/friend and his daughter. Obviously the pilot as well. 

Seen a report say 9 people one say 5 so far Kobe and his daughter , John Altobelli (former baseball coach of Aaron Judge) his wife and daughter. 

Captain Price

I remember seeing a wee clip of him and his daughter only last week, coaching her at a game.

Truly horrific. 

6 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Never been a fan of basketball either, but sad news. I was once chatting with an older guy from the American military and he worked with planes and helicopters and he was saying that he would never get in a helicopter other than the ones in the military. He was saying the costs are so ridiculously high to maintain them, that he just wouldn’t trust anyone to have the thing up to correct standard. I wouldn’t have got in one before I met him anyway.

RIP Kobe Bryant

Behind LeBron James and Michael Jordan for me. Casual fan so I am probably not as.informed as others 

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

Behind LeBron James and Michael Jordan for me. Casual fan so I am probably not as.informed as others 

That's how it will be seen by the end of LJ's career but for me anyway, entertainment-wise, KB easily surpasses The King.

Terribly sad day for the Bryant family.