Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

JudyJudyJudy
17 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Johnson, Cummings and Hancock want UK people to acquire “herd immunity” to Covid19. Their entire strategy is designed to achieved that in a phased and delayed way, to prevent NHS collapse .. Robert Peston in March

I initually read that as " Jason " Cummings   and thought WHAT !!

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Weakened Offender
15 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Mentions of shoes or hair incoming 😆

😁😁😁

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, weehammy said:

‘Thousands are dying needlessly’. No trace of hyperbole there.

And all of the coronavirus deaths in all four administrations are down to Boris. Even from his ICU bed he was killing thousands.

No doubt he is also responsible for burying the Nike conference threat and for killing hundreds of elderly people in Scottish care homes.

The word ‘unprecedented’ has been much used in this crisis and rightly so.

That’s why I’m not criticising lockdown decisions made by any of the four leaders. No doubt some will turn out to be wrong when examined subsequently. But zoomers like you just want to peddle your political agenda.

(I believe Tam Cowan may have been the first to poke gentle fun at Nicola’s shoes. All very harmless.)

Hahahaha you’ve done nothing but slag Sturgeon and you do it in this post, you’re hatred of her knows no bounds and you don’t even realise it. You have defended BJ since this has started, trying desperately to deflect from his incompetence, that’s led to thousands dying needlessly. .  As for talking about someone’s appearance it’s actually sexual harassment in the workplace, it’s also one of the reasons women don’t get involved in politics. But if you want to slate anyone go and have a look at two suit BJ, two shirts, two ties and as for that bowl cut hahahaha what a state .

Edited by Pasquale for King

Lone Striker

😀     Weirdly,  I think an anarchist oddball like that (with no OF loyalty) would probably bring  a proper shake-down of Scottish football.   

The Mighty Thor
18 minutes ago, Victorian said:

So what time is Cummings coming on to tell people that dogs are not dogs and that they are actually cats?

Kuenssberg has got a hair & nails at 4 and Peston is doing yoga at 4.30 so probably around 6pm?

AlimOzturk

Dominic Cummings going to try explain why he is allowed to break the rules but no one else is. Very good. 

1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Kuenssberg has got a hair & nails at 4 and Peston is doing yoga at 4.30 so probably around 6pm?

Peston.

:vrface:

Did you see the nick of him yesterday?    A man who asks a simple question but in a way that leaves the listener wondering when English became their secondary language.

The Internet
1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

Dominic Cummings going to try explain why he is allowed to break the rules but no one else is. Very good. 

I think we all know he's just going to stand there and say what he did wasn't breaking the rules. 

Spellczech
45 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

‘He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past.’

Classic Dom.

Haha the kind of perceived wisdom that idiots who read management books lap up. Basically all it says is that it is good to be the boss.

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

😀     Weirdly,  I think an anarchist oddball like that (with no OF loyalty) would probably bring  a proper shake-down of Scottish football.   

He’s no anarchist, he’s done nothing but give jobs and contracts to his friends, a dodgy millionaire,  no different than what we have already.  

2 hours ago, Spellczech said:

But they never shut down any airports or tested any passengers. Eventually other countries banned flights to and from the UK and the airlines decided to park up the planes as the people had decided not to fly...This was not government, not leadership...it was dithering, laissez-faire inaction and it ultimately cost thousands of lives along with all the other mistakes and omissions and dilly-dallying...

Totally agree, like I said, I'm not sticking up for the government just pointing out how much easier it was to do for Oz and NZ.

34 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He was indeed, worked with them from 2006-18. Just so folk know who are we talking about as I’ve been accused of not producing evidence today.

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/government-office-for-science

Vallance is more academic and capitalist than scientist.

Blair's last CSO (the bit maverick Sir David King) said the CSO should never ever be 'politiciised' ever again, which was the advice out of the Foot and Mouth inquiry.

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Ruth is the perfect 'opposition' leader.

Media trained, media pals, happy to say any old shit knowing that she will never be in a position of real authority to be challenged on it.

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Vallance is more academic and capitalist than scientist.

Blair's last CSO (the bit maverick Sir David King) said the CSO should never ever be 'politiciised' ever again, which was the advice out of the Foot and Mouth inquiry.

Probably best to discount Blair and his pals on most subjects.

8 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Media trained, media pals, happy to say any old shit knowing that she will never be in a position of real authority to be challenged on it.

Indeed, but she wanted to get out of politics and the public eye so isn’t leader anymore. My MSP, never had a reply from her yet or a constituency meeting yet 3 years in.

6 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Cool so Nicky and Jean have done a great job up here after all 

No, but keep trying.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Cool so Nicky and Jean have done a great job up here after all 

Most people believe so, their approval ratings are much higher than BJ and his assortment of incompetent nobodies. Who cuts her hair though eh 👍🏽🙈?

Jambo 4 Ever
2 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

This. 

A mate of mine lost his wife last few days. Weren’t allowed into see her were only allowed to look at her through a window as the cancer slowly killed her. He demanded her home near the end and they got one day before she passed. 
Cummings is utter scum and the scum defending him are worse. 

****ing hell...

****ing hell...

****ing hell...

Jesus ****ing christ...

His arse took a real incredible pounding and immensely enjoyable it was too. He’s defo under a new username. Got too much of a riddy to post under that name again 🤣🤣🤣
We see you Tripper🤡🤡🤡🤡

Anyone who attempts to defend Cummings should be banned 

vegas-voss
48 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He was indeed, worked with them from 2006-18. Just so folk know who are we talking about as I’ve been accused of not producing evidence today.

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/government-office-for-science

Nothing more than not liking the feel of the guy but I have always thought when this is over he will walk off into the sunset with s few new friends a few new favours to call in while poor old Whitty will be thrown under a bus in an inquiry

hughesie27
5 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Even blokes can dye their own hair, at home too.

Only attention seeking arseholes.

Pasquale for King
Just now, vegas-voss said:

Nothing more than not liking the feel of the guy but I have always thought when this is over he will walk off into the sunset with s few new friends a few new favours to call in while poor old Whitty will be thrown under a bus in an inquiry

The scientists will carry the can, someone has to when the inquiry posts its findings in 2030. Ferguson has already been thrown under the bus for saying herd immunity would kill more folk. 

20 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Haha the kind of perceived wisdom that idiots who read management books lap up. Basically all it says is that it is good to be the boss.

I might have given the wrong impression that Cummings said that, it's a quote from Orwell's 1984, and I used it to illustrate what's going on with the rush to remove the now inconvenient information posters.

9 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

So building sites won't be open for another month. Is that right?

All confirmed on Thursday 

5 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Only attention seeking arseholes.

Aye, I don't get it myself, especially when it's still so obvious.

The Mighty Thor
30 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Peston.

:vrface:

Did you see the nick of him yesterday?    A man who asks a simple question but in a way that leaves the listener wondering when English became their secondary language.

I thought he was doing a comic relief Notting Hill sketch with his pish poor stuttering Hugh Grant routine. 

A chance to hang that fat ride Johnson out to dry and he mumbles away.

He's not the top political journalist he thinks he is. 

7 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

I might have given the wrong impression that Cummings said that, it's a quote from Orwell's 1984, and I used it to illustrate what's going on with the rush to remove the now inconvenient information posters.

Feck this pish! Fecking ridiculous open air work isn't first on the list.

16 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Probably best to discount Blair and his pals on most subjects.

King generally won over Blair and were never pals.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

King generally won over Blair and were never pals.

Ok. Still best ignored though.

Francis Albert

Cummings behaviour indefensible and Bojos defence of him even more so.

Plus side is  the pandemic looks to be over. In 3 papers this morning I couldn't find a

mention of the latest infection or death rates in the UK or anywhere else.

Nucky Thompson
19 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Why?? That's just ridiculous 

jack D and coke
12 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I thought he was doing a comic relief Notting Hill sketch with his pish poor stuttering Hugh Grant routine. 

A chance to hang that fat ride Johnson out to dry and he mumbles away.

He's not the top political journalist he thinks he is. 

I switch over as soon as he appears, I just can’t listen to him. Why he has to talk in that annoying way I’ve no idea. 

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Why?? That's just ridiculous 

I agree.

Thanks again for the nice weather.

A good spell coming up.

😃

2 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

This is confusing ........ which is which ?

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTefuj3YnST96IIEdl5S4pI-WnPZJPhQqMXp6Nd_ZLyKwOQBkEy&usqp=CAU

:biggrin2:

Gina Davidson from the Scotsman says the number of suspected cases in Lothian hospitals has risen from 52 a week ago to 187 yesterday.

Portobello post codes could feature.

Nucky Thompson

77 new UK hospital deaths in the last 24 hours. That must be the lowest since the middle of March

26 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Feck this pish! Fecking ridiculous open air work isn't first on the list.

It's nothing to do with me bud, plus a bureaucratic quagmire like this would surely require a Kafka quote rather than Orwell.

Seriously though, it does seem a bit crazy that outdoor work can't start now👍

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

It's nothing to do with me bud, plus a bureaucratic quagmire like this would surely require a Kafka quote rather than Orwell.

Seriously though, it does seem a bit crazy that outdoor work can't start now👍

Considering it hasn’t stopped City Fibre laying cables.

51 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I'm back Friday.

Most opening the 8th.

Where you hearing that?

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Considering it hasn’t stopped City Fibre laying cables.

A lot of those works seem to be in places that would normally cause chaos.

So looks like someones thinking for a change.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, jake said:

A lot of those works seem to be in places that would normally cause chaos.

So looks like someones thinking for a change.

Probably.

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, jake said:

I'm back Friday.

Most opening the 8th.

Where you hearing that?

How come you are back Friday when she officially won't decide until Thursday 'if' lockdown easing can happen?

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Craig Murray an antisemitic conspiracy theorist blogger.

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2020/05/why-barnard-castle/

The usual last resort now in political arguments is " anti semitic?  . I thought that strategy was done and dusted after it worked spectacularly well with Corbyn?

Just now, Nucky Thompson said:

How come you are back Friday when she officially won't decide until Thursday 'if' lockdown easing can happen?

Enabling works.

But one of our jobs started back today after enabling works last week.

But to counter that a site due to open next week has been put back a week.

Spellczech
1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

TBF the way the Govt have fudged the numbers for Care Home deaths down south, it is a murky argument to get into...

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Some of the enabling works kicked off last week. Getting the sites ready, etc.

I think some employers/agencies/etc are getting a heads up early to ensure things are ready to go when we officially get the nod.

Spellczech
57 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

It is still BS...Orwell was a writer and observer. I think it is very unfair the way people take snapshot quotes without any context and post them as their "Thought of the Day" mantra. Even Confuscius suffers for it...

The Real Maroonblood
27 minutes ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

Gina Davidson from the Scotsman says the number of suspected cases in Lothian hospitals has risen from 52 a week ago to 187 yesterday.

Portobello post codes could feature.

That’s disappointing.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic