Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

That’s disappointing.

They cautioned against taking to much by the number though until confirmed cases, different health boards are logging things differently when patients are admitted to hospital apparently.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

Gina Davidson from the Scotsman says the number of suspected cases in Lothian hospitals has risen from 52 a week ago to 187 yesterday.

Portobello post codes could feature.

Quite a few sirens near my house yesterday.   Heard about 4 or 5 going past.

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

That’s disappointing.

Scotland's overall hospital total was down 60 from yesterday and 4 less people in ICU

Spellczech
56 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I thought he was doing a comic relief Notting Hill sketch with his pish poor stuttering Hugh Grant routine. 

A chance to hang that fat ride Johnson out to dry and he mumbles away.

He's not the top political journalist he thinks he is. 

I remember my sister sent me an article by him in around 2012 when his stock was high and he was saying interest rates were going to go up massively and  suggesting  people should fix their mortgage rates. I wrote back saying don't bother...In the end the rates went up 2 or 3 times by about 1% in total...She still went ahead and fixed hers, I just staying on my "premium" variable rate of BoE +1% which I've been on for 10 years. I finish my mortgage in 2 days, 12 years early...

Lone Striker
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

He’s no anarchist, he’s done nothing but give jobs and contracts to his friends, a dodgy millionaire,  no different than what we have already.  

Yes... but its not  folk in THE establishment (he detests entitled politicians and senior civil servants, even the ones who were on his side in Vote Leave - they were just useful idiots) ..... its folk in his new oddball weird establishment.   Maybe anarchist is the wrong word.... can't think of a better one though.   What would you call a guy who gets a top job at No.10 and turns up in trackie bottoms and scruffy T-shirt ?

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Scotland's overall hospital total was down 60 from yesterday and 4 less people in ICU

👍

1 minute ago, steve123 said:

They cautioned against taking to much by the number though until confirmed cases, different health boards are logging things differently when patients are admitted to hospital apparently.

That's the other bit that frustrates, why are they logging things differently, just adds to the confusion soup.

Does Lothian have more than one health board?

Lone Striker
39 minutes ago, graygo said:

4pm for the Dom Show.

If Boris was to show up too, would it be the Dick and Dom show ?  :whistling:

Edited by Lone Striker

9 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Quite a few sirens near my house yesterday.   Heard about 4 or 5 going past.

You in East Edinburgh?

18 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

It is still BS...Orwell was a writer and observer. I think it is very unfair the way people take snapshot quotes without any context and post them as their "Thought of the Day" mantra. Even Confuscius suffers for it...

Can't argue with what you say, in fact I might quote you at opportune times in the future. 😉

Spellczech
Just now, fancy a brew said:

Can't argue with what you say, in fact I might quote you at opportune times in the future. 😉

Haha Happens all the time on here. If you make the mistake of writing a post of more than 4 sentences!

Nation eagerly awaits press statement by unelected political advisor.    Strange times.    It will be a circus,   followed by another circus at the 5pm 'briefing'.

dobmisterdobster
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Cummings behaviour indefensible and Bojos defence of him even more so.

Plus side is  the pandemic looks to be over. In 3 papers this morning I couldn't find a

mention of the latest infection or death rates in the UK or anywhere else.

Gordon Brown as Prime Minister famously misspelled a dead soldier's name in a condolence letter. He got flack for it and rightly so.

But the media's comically over the top coverage allowed Brown to brush the whole thing off. It was larger pointed out that Brown is visually impaired and simply made a mistake.

A similar thing is happenings here. Everybody hated Cummings 48 hours ago but images of the press doorstepping him and harassing his disabled son have muddied the waters. Now most people will roll their eyes at the story.

Toxteth O'Grady
4 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Gordon Brown as Prime Minister famously misspelled a dead soldier's name in a condolence letter. He got flack for it and rightly so.

But the media's comically over the top coverage allowed Brown to brush the whole thing off. It was larger pointed out that Brown is visually impaired and simply made a mistake.

A similar thing is happenings here. Everybody hated Cummings 48 hours ago but images of the press doorstepping him and harassing his disabled son have muddied the waters. Now most people will roll their eyes at the story.

A civil servant would have written the letter for him. He probably just signed it along with a load of other letters

Pasquale for King
27 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Yes... but its not  folk in THE establishment (he detests entitled politicians and senior civil servants, even the ones who were on his side in Vote Leave - they were just useful idiots) ..... its folk in his new oddball weird establishment.   Maybe anarchist is the wrong word.... can't think of a better one though.   What would you call a guy who gets a top job at No.10 and turns up in trackie bottoms and scruffy T-shirt ?

A dangerous *****, a multi millionaire who thinks he’s better than everyone else and can dress how or do what he pleases. 
You could compare him to Trump, or Celtic, they sell the line of being anti establishment until they themselves become the establishment.

Edited by Pasquale for King

8 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

What disability does his son suffer from?

Sooperstar

How far into the briefing will we have autism brought up? In reference to the child who received no childcare from anyone other than the travelling parents.

5 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

How far into the briefing will we have autism brought up? In reference to the child who received no childcare from anyone other than the travelling parents.

Not that it's important but there is no evidence of his son being autistic.

https://voxpoliticalonline.com/2020/05/25/dont-let-anyone-fool-you-with-the-autism-excuse-for-dominic-cummings-wrongdoing-it-isnt-true/

Edited by graygo

3 minutes ago, graygo said:

What disability does his son suffer from?

i'm sure someone has said his son is autistic

manaliveits105

By the way who are these erseholes protesting who shout outside Downing Street everytime a camera rolls - get them fecking arrested 

Lone Striker
6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

A dangerous *****, a multi millionaire who thinks he’s better than everyone else and can dress how or do what he pleases. 
You could compare him to Trump, or Celtic, they sell the line of being anti establishment until they themselves become the establishment.

We seem to be in agreement, sir 👍

16 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Nation eagerly awaits press statement by unelected political advisor.    Strange times.    It will be a circus,   followed by another circus at the 5pm 'briefing'.

Thank goodness we're no longer ruled by unelected bureaucrats from Brussels.

:look:

Jambo 4 Ever
2 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

By the way who are these erseholes protesting who shout outside Downing Street everytime a camera rolls - get them fecking arrested 

Why?

Spellczech

I'm hearing it's late because Cummings is coming from Durham and has been delayed ...by a very attractive field of bluebells 

Edited by Spellczech

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

We seem to be in agreement, sir 👍

Indeed 👍🏽

Lone Striker

Dom now late for the show - busy changing into his unwashed trackie bottoms 

manaliveits105
1 hour ago, graygo said:

4pm for the Dom Show.

They should have got Blackford along for the Dick and Dom show 

Just now, manaliveits105 said:

They should have got Blackford along for the Dick and Dom show 

😆

Some wee Tory wankpiece dribbling about a left wing witch hunt... until it was pointed out to him about all the Tory MPs calling for a sacking.

53 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

How come you are back Friday when she officially won't decide until Thursday 'if' lockdown easing can happen?

I know a couple of guys who were hearing being prepped for end May start, only to find out by another colleague of theirs, we've been back a week 'prepping'

doctor jambo

His own arrogance will hang him,

we will see what he thinks of the plebs now.

Malcolm Tucker unchained

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

So building sites won't be open for another month. Is that right?

I hope car showrooms are also allowed to open…..I would have thought it was an easy business to open

Of course would the interest be there ? but they should be allowed to open if they wish

Just now, Spellczech said:

I'm hearing it's late because Cummings is coming from Durham and has been delayed ...

:jj:

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

:spoton:

Dominic Cummings on now. Due any time. 

Downing Street garden. On tv.

Real event with journalists present.

1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

I hope car showrooms are also allowed to open…..I would have thought it was an easy business to open

Of course would the interest be there ? but they should be allowed to open if they wish

if they did it by appointment only it would work. i need to phone my local dealership tomorrow to book my car in to get my wheels changed

Lone Striker
7 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

😄

Toxteth O'Grady
4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Dominic Cummings on now. Due any time. 

Downing Street garden. On tv.

Real event with journalists present.

The garden looks dreary - they should have opened the garden centres sooner

He's well late...

Backbenchers being briefed on what they need to say and telling the leadership to eff off?

Scottish journalists barred.

Durham Police confirming he did stay with parents and not sister and the father confirmed he was staying there.

Edited by DETTY29

vegas-voss

Been a couple of mins away for the last 20 mins 😂

The daily briefing will be on before he comes out 

1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

He's well late...

Backbenchers being briefed on what they need to say and telling the leadership to eff off.

Scottish journalists barred.

Probably being delayed until 5pm so that press bloodhounds can't be in 2 places at once.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic