Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Spellczech
5 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

They never really get sacked they always get made to do the honourable thing and fall on their sword.Calderwood didn't need sacked she hung herself when she was made to do the briefing.Cummings is hiding behind Boris and the goverment stooges.

Patel got sacked for  doing an impression of the Foreign Secretarywhilst on holiday when she was the Govt International Tax as Charity Minister...Look at her now, freaking Home Secretary and terrible at it!!!! 

Edited by Spellczech

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

vegas-voss
1 minute ago, Spellczech said:

Patel got sacked for  doing an impression of the Foreign Secretary when she was the Govt International Tax as Charity Minister...Look at her now, freaking Home Secretary and terrible at it!!!! 

Stooge like so many in the cabinet.

11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Did you read the link? He’s one of the lowest ever, that’s why I put it up. Obamas average was 47.9, Trumps is 40.

Yes I read the link. Did you understand what you read? 

You’re comparing Trumps approval rating in a pandemic to Obama’s overall. 

Lone Striker
3 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Can see it being complete carnage out there today, a bank holiday the sun is out and it's going to be warm, I could see a lot more people just saying feck it and just do what they want now. 

Police are going to have a nightmare time now and I wish I'd get a pound everytime they get told that if he (Cummings) can do what he wants then so can we.

IMO the government are in serious danger of losing the public now.

Yes.    Feel very sorry for the police in all this - they're literally putting their own health at risk by having to deal with gatherings of folk, and especially the  aggresive numpties they come across.   The Cummings debacle just makes this even worse, as you say.

Sooperstar
10 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Patel got sacked for  doing an impression of the Foreign Secretarywhilst on holiday when she was the Govt International Tax as Charity Minister...Look at her now, freaking Home Secretary and terrible at it!!!! 

And still the subject of a dragged out investigation. 

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Yes I read the link. Did you understand what you read? 

You’re comparing Trumps approval rating in a pandemic to Obama’s overall. 

Can you read? It’s says Trumps OVERALL rating is 40 hahahaha 🙈🤪. Thanks for proving my initial point though about useless leaders in this situation losing support.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Montgomery Brewster
39 minutes ago, jake said:

Just been told I'm back this Friday .

Enabling works.

Thank goodness.

Appreciated the 80% but I need the other 20 plus overtime.

Good news squire. Hopefully more people start to get Better news as well 

Lone Striker

Not sure if covered on the thread already ..... but the Oxford clinical trials experts are saying that the validation of the results are likely to be undermined (and therefore inconclusive) simply because there are apparently not enough infected people in the local community to present a worthwhile risk to the folk in the trial.       Good news on one hand about rapidly falling numbers of infections, but buggering up the search for a vaccine !!    Apparently the solution they're considering is to inject the virus into both sets of volunteers and just see what happens - I hope the volunteers were told at the start that this might happen !!  😳

Pasquale for King

Interesting.

In 2012 GlaxoSmithKline were fined $3 billion for fraud, overcharging and making false claims about medicines in the USA. In 2016, GlaxoSmithKline were fined £37.6 million in the UK for bribing companies not to produce generic copies of their out of patent drugs, thus overcharging the NHS. 

Despite the fines, these frauds were still massively profitable for GlaxoSmithKline. A perfunctory search on the company brings up similar frauds and fines it perpetrated in South Africa and India. All this within the last decade. I cannot find any information that anyone was jailed, or even sacked, for these criminal activities. It is absolutely astonishing that such an habitually criminal enterprise carries on serenely in the UK. And what is particularly interesting today is that it carries on its crooked activity from its massive manufacturing and research base in Barnard Castle, County Durham.

On 12 April Dominic Cummings was seen in Castle Barnard during lockdown. Two days later, GlaxoSmithKline of Barnard Castle signed an agreement to develop and manufacture a Covid-19 vaccine with Sanofi of France.

Of course, that could be coincidence. As a child I lived in nearby Peterlee and I know families may go to Barnard Castle just for relaxation. Even when that is illegal. But GlaxoSmithKline Barnard Castle has been working 24/7 during the coronavirus crisis including the weekends. It was working.

The government’s extraordinary refusal to confirm or deny Cummings visit to Barnard Castle appears to make little sense if he just went there for a walk. 

But surely if he was discussing Covid-19 vaccine business on behalf of the government, that would answer all the critics of his trip, would it not? They would want to trumpet it from the hills? I mean to believe otherwise, you would have to propound a crazed conspiracy theory. You would have to believe that criminal activity may be occurring again involving GlaxoSmithKline of the kind which might lead to fines of 37.6 million pounds for overcharging the NHS, or of three billion dollars for fraudulent medical claims in the USA. Nobody sane believes that kind of thing, do they?

Jambo-Jimbo

Johnson has effectively said that it's fine for parents to follow their instincts where their children are concerned.

I expect thousands of parents in England saying they are following their instincts and protecting their children by not sending them to school next week.

A massive can of worms Johnson/Cummings have opened up.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

Lone Striker
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Interesting.

In 2012 GlaxoSmithKline were fined $3 billion for fraud, overcharging and making false claims about medicines in the USA. In 2016, GlaxoSmithKline were fined £37.6 million in the UK for bribing companies not to produce generic copies of their out of patent drugs, thus overcharging the NHS. 

Despite the fines, these frauds were still massively profitable for GlaxoSmithKline. A perfunctory search on the company brings up similar frauds and fines it perpetrated in South Africa and India. All this within the last decade. I cannot find any information that anyone was jailed, or even sacked, for these criminal activities. It is absolutely astonishing that such an habitually criminal enterprise carries on serenely in the UK. And what is particularly interesting today is that it carries on its crooked activity from its massive manufacturing and research base in Barnard Castle, County Durham.

On 12 April Dominic Cummings was seen in Castle Barnard during lockdown. Two days later, GlaxoSmithKline of Barnard Castle signed an agreement to develop and manufacture a Covid-19 vaccine with Sanofi of France.

Of course, that could be coincidence. As a child I lived in nearby Peterlee and I know families may go to Barnard Castle just for relaxation. Even when that is illegal. But GlaxoSmithKline Barnard Castle has been working 24/7 during the coronavirus crisis including the weekends. It was working.

The government’s extraordinary refusal to confirm or deny Cummings visit to Barnard Castle appears to make little sense if he just went there for a walk. 

But surely if he was discussing Covid-19 vaccine business on behalf of the government, that would answer all the critics of his trip, would it not? They would want to trumpet it from the hills? I mean to believe otherwise, you would have to propound a crazed conspiracy theory. You would have to believe that criminal activity may be occurring again involving GlaxoSmithKline of the kind which might lead to fines of 37.6 million pounds for overcharging the NHS, or of three billion dollars for fraudulent medical claims in the USA. Nobody sane believes that kind of thing, do they?

Where did you get that from ?  Sounds like the writer might be a bit on the paranoid side of suspicious .....

13 minutes ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

Good news squire. Hopefully more people start to get Better news as well 

It is.

And I hopefully that means the club do to.

3 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Where did you get that from ?  Sounds like the writer might be a bit on the paranoid side of suspicious .....

Why?

Was the multi nation drug company not fined and convicted ?

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

He is indeed well spotted, doesn’t make anything he said is wrong. It’s Craig Murray. A man that has a unique insight into government and its workings. Is there any lies in the clip I posted? Criticising Israel doesn’t make you an anti-semite.

Edited by Pasquale for King

16 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Not sure if covered on the thread already ..... but the Oxford clinical trials experts are saying that the validation of the results are likely to be undermined (and therefore inconclusive) simply because there are apparently not enough infected people in the local community to present a worthwhile risk to the folk in the trial.       Good news on one hand about rapidly falling numbers of infections, but buggering up the search for a vaccine !!    Apparently the solution they're considering is to inject the virus into both sets of volunteers and just see what happens - I hope the volunteers were told at the start that this might happen !!  😳

Don't know where you got that last bit but it's wrong.   It's about as unethical as it gets to willfully infect trial volunteers with a deadly pathogen.    The solution bring looked at is to do trials where infections are higher.    South America and Africa probably.

Weakened Offender
13 hours ago, Realzaragoza said:

Calderwood went to her holiday house twice and was initially defended by Sturgeon  - Ferguson  thought it was okay to meet up with his lover  - Cummings went for family support .  Leave your party politics behind ?

Snivel snivel snivel. 

22 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Interesting.

Why are you quoting that anti Semitic piece of shit? 

19 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Johnson has effectively said that it's fine for parents to follow their instincts where their children are concerned.

I expect thousands of parents in England saying they are following their instincts and protecting their children by not sending them to school next week.

A massive can of worms Johnson/Cummings have opened up.

The extreme circumstances were meant for when notably women and children were are danger from abusive partners and parents.

Women have been removed at short notice from houses in Edinburgh when abusive partner out and I doubt have ended up in safe houses much outside of the EH post codes.

Edited by DETTY29

Lone Striker
3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Don't know where you got that last bit but it's wrong.   It's about as unethical as it gets to willfully infect trial volunteers with a deadly pathogen.    The solution bring looked at is to do trials where infections are higher.    South America and Africa probably.

I agree with your comments in bold.  I was simply referring to the group of volunteers in this first trial.  They may well have to  re-trial using volunteers in a different area or even country. 👍

11 minutes ago, jake said:

Why?

Was the multi nation drug company not fined and convicted ?

you need a source to help confirm accuracy. i could post something somewhere that said calderwood resigned due to visiting her second home twice and then include in the article a lie such as "sturgeon travelled to inverness during lockdown three times to visit the loch ness monster".

in my example there, ther eis one truth and one lie, yet if i posted that you would just believe it because someone posted it? You need to reference sources to help people make judgements whether to believe them.

The Mighty Thor

Cummings making a statement this afternoon and opening himself up to questions. 

They're trying like feck to put a lid on it. 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Why are you quoting that anti Semitic piece of shit? 

Criticising Israel isn’t classified as being anti-Semitic. People quote Trump and BJ all the time, two confirmed racists.

I said it was interesting, it is and contains facts. 

2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

you need a source to help confirm accuracy. i could post something somewhere that said calderwood resigned due to visiting her second home twice and then include in the article a lie such as "sturgeon travelled to inverness during lockdown three times to visit the loch ness monster".

in my example there, ther eis one truth and one lie, yet if i posted that you would just believe it because someone posted it? You need to reference sources to help people make judgements whether to believe them.

From the article the drug companies were fined and found guilty is not in dispute.

He then offers an opinion based on movements of political advisors the drug companies location etc.

It's quite easy to distinguish.

Whether you go with his opinion that something smells bad given those involved and their modus operandi or you dont is up to you .

Lone Striker
1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Cummings making a statement this afternoon and opening himself up to questions. 

They're trying like feck to put a lid on it. 

... or possibly Boris deciding to take a step back and force the arse to take the flack directly.   SHould be interesting to watch... and see how the media react afterwards.

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

This do?

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/business/18400944.glaxosmithkline-barnard-castle-enter-vaccine-collaboration-fight-covid-19/

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/glaxosmithkline-plead-guilty-and-pay-3-billion-resolve-fraud-allegations-and-failure-report

The Mighty Thor
Just now, Barack said:

What time does my popcorn need to be in the microwave for?

It'll be like yesterday's car crash. 

Listening to his answers to the press whilst being doorstepped. In his mind he's done nothing wrong. He's indignant and his 4 year old is his human shield. 

By time summer is out 'stay at home'will just have been one big long dream rather than nightmare.

So Cummings is going to try to explain to all the stupid people that he really was in the right after all?   Then he'll answer questions about it?

Yup... thaaaaat's not going to achieve what he wants it to achieve.    If he thinks he can big brain his way out of this then he is not the all-knowing strategist he's made out to be.

First actual good questions to Sturgeon there about reasons for decisions including delaying lockdown. Didn't answer them. 

Happy to answer questions about Cummings in a bit of detail. 

Edited by Mikey1874

manaliveits105
51 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Dominic is going to confirm this afternoon that he was aware of this so drove his infected wife about England to try and increase the rate of infection so the trial could continue and save the country - he may well get a knighthood .

16 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

By time summer is out 'stay at home'will just have been one big long dream rather than nightmare.

‘He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past.’

Classic Dom.

Sturgeon in answering questions about care home deaths said older people would have been at risk in hospital. Not sure why. 

Her main answer suggested they didn't know people without symptoms might have the virus. 

21 hours ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Blackford spent all day talking about Cummings and has said nothing about the hotel chains going bust in his constituency.

You can whinge all you like but this Tory government is damaged by this. 

People will just do as they please now. 

8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Sturgeon in answering questions about care home deaths said older people would have been at risk in hospital. Not sure why. 

Her main answer suggested they didn't know people without symptoms might have the virus. 

Keep deflecting 😂

vegas-voss
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Interesting.

Was Valance not Chief executive of Glaxo around that time as well ?

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Keep deflecting 😂

Mentions of shoes or hair incoming 😆

So what time is Cummings coming on to tell people that dogs are not dogs and that they are actually cats?

Lone Striker
25 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Dominic is going to confirm this afternoon that he was aware of this so drove his infected wife about England to try and increase the rate of infection so the trial could continue and save the country - he may well get a knighthood .

Christ - so he IS a genius after all then.   Arise Sir Dom 🙄

dobmisterdobster
10 minutes ago, luckydug said:

You can whinge all you like but this Tory government is damaged by this. 

People will just do as they please now. 

I'm concerned that politicians don't care about the death of the North's fragile economy.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic