Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Dennis Denuto
9 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Another 11 omicron cases detected today in Scotland.

It will probably be reported as a 1000% daily increase for maximum impact

How many probable cases? That’s the one we need to worry about. 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

why? 

Nucky Thompson
3 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

It doesn't say, only gives confirmed cases

14 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Another 11 omicron cases detected today in Scotland.

It will probably be reported as a 1000% daily increase for maximum impact

I'm going for Delta to end up beating Omicron after ET and pens. 👍

joondalupjambo
7 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Ask your mums view ?  If she is happy to see you after attending this event then that's fine.  Shes making an informed choice.  You have to balance living a life or sitting indoors. 

Yep agree.  I will probably go, take a test beforehand and one a couple days afterwards.  Mind you risk management will become more important as we get nearer Christmas and month end.  It is all just getting a bit painful for us all, especially for folk with vulnerable relatives and close contacts.

My wife said when this started a pandemic eh, well that is the next five years of our lives not living normally.  We are two years in and with these most recent events she may well be right. Every chance another variant after this one unfortunately.  Painful as I say.

Dennis Denuto
4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

why? 

If you’d bothered watching the briefing yesterday or read the what we know report they released you would know. 

Edinburgh city centre rammed today. Pubs packed, pavements mobbed, Christmas market jam-packed and St. James's Quarter heaving. Appears folk aren't giving a shiny sh**e about Omicron

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Edinburgh city centre rammed today. Pubs packed, pavements mobbed, Christmas market jam-packed and St. James's Quarter heaving. Appears folk aren't giving a shiny sh**e about Omicron

Brilliant 

1 minute ago, Dennis Denuto said:

If you’d bothered watching the briefing yesterday or read the what we know report they released you would know. 

Really?  ill worry when the tsunami appears....until then ill carry on regardless

2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

or making the most of it before the curtain comes down?

5 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Yep agree.  I will probably go, take a test beforehand and one a couple days afterwards.  Mind you risk management will become more important as we get nearer Christmas and month end.  It is all just getting a bit painful for us all, especially for folk with vulnerable relatives and close contacts.

My wife said when this started a pandemic eh, well that is the next five years of our lives not living normally.  We are two years in and with these most recent events she may well be right. Every chance another variant after this one unfortunately.  Painful as I say.

Similar to my thoughts as I have two nights out planned next weekend and I have thought about the what ifs ?  But then I am deciding to make my own personal health risk assessment and just get out there and enjoy life. Seriously some doomsters would have us locked up already . Ironically to keep us alive but that's not a life. 

Just now, Japan Jambo said:

or making the most of it before the curtain comes down?

I don't think people will be hiding behind any pulled-down curtain this time JJ. The curtain will be ripped from the rail!

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Good ro hear the tills ringing and hard-pressed retailers doing what they do best!

Elsie  will be livid.  She hates people getting on with life and living. She argues constantly for independence but loves people to be dependant. 

Dennis Denuto

Really?  ill worry when the tsunami appears....until then ill carry on regardless

It is the potential ‘tsunami’ (a term I wish she hadn’t used but obviously chose it for a reason). I mean worry as it signals if restrictions are likely or not. I don’t mean worry as start washing your messages again. 

I encourage ever to keep going about as they have been, maybe it would be good if they LFT more often. 

8 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I don't think people will be hiding behind any pulled-down curtain this time JJ. The curtain will be ripped from the rail!

The vast majority on other social media platforms are going to just ignore any restrictions imposed as much as they can . They have had enough . The population have had it . 

8 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

It is the potential ‘tsunami’ (a term I wish she hadn’t used but obviously chose it for a reason). I mean worry as it signals if restrictions are likely or not. I don’t mean worry as start washing your messages again. 

I encourage ever to keep going about as they have been, maybe it would be good if they LFT more often. 

No problems with people taking LfT tests of heading out for nights out 

8 minutes ago, jonesy said:

It's behaviour like this that will cause Sturge the Purge to reintroduce more restrictions. She would've hoped that her irresponsible (and tasteless given the time of year) 'tsunami' comments would have scared everyone shitless. When she realises nobody gives a toss what she says, she'll close the pubs/football as a rebuke.

Im hoping that comment is her “ let them eat shortbread “ moment ! 

The Real Maroonblood
10 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Elsie  will be livid.  She hates people getting on with life and living. She argues constantly for independence but loves people to be dependant. 

:4_1_72:

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

The vast majority on other social media platforms are going to just ignore any restrictions imposed as much as they can . They have had enough . The population have had it . 

I'm not on other platforms so good to hear people won't be cowed this time!👍

18 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

It's a bit tasteless posting that at this time of year. 😁

2 hours ago, Dennis Denuto said:

And what was that reason?

Dennis Denuto
10 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

And what was that reason?

Impact. 

She is not prone to overly expressive language in these briefings, this was a break from the norm and very deliberate. 

All IMO. 

19 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Why do people get stressed out when they see someone not wearing a mask but then relieve the stress when they then see a lanyard round their neck saying "exempt".

Because it means they're likely in the company of someone whose position you can understand, and not just a loud mouth div determined to drag everyone into his little crusade

19 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

I never wear one ! Got asked yesterday jn the “ Johnny walker “ place . Just said I was exempt 

My mate did the lighting inside and out

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Because it means they're likely in the company of someone whose position you can understand, and not just a loud mouth div determined to drag everyone into his little crusade

My mate did the lighting inside and out

Its an impressive place.

I’m not very happy about this having to isolate If someone in my house test positive and I have been triple vaccinated and had a negative PCR test. It’s making a mockery of being vaccinated and the PCR testing. 

Montgomery Brewster
12 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

Long term, yes 👍🏻 In the short term it looks like we may need to take a bit of a hit restriction-wise to try and stop the peak being too severe and bringing country to a standstill.

The voice of reason in a sea of empty vessels 

SuperstarSteve
5 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

I’m not very happy about this having to isolate If someone in my house test positive and I have been triple vaccinated and had a negative PCR test. It’s making a mockery of being vaccinated and the PCR testing. 

Personal opinion but if you don’t have any symptoms whatsoever and you have a negative test. Don’t isolate. Those restrictions are a farce. 

53 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

4000+ cases yesterday and yet admissions down by 21 and ICU down by 7 to 33 

👍 33 in ICU ! In the whole of Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 crisis what crisis ? 

1 hour ago, Dennis Denuto said:

Impact. 

She is not prone to overly expressive language in these briefings, this was a break from the norm and very deliberate. 

All IMO. 

I actually agree.

She's laying the ground for further restrictions. 

I've said it before but what she really wants is another lockdown. 

Dennis Denuto
55 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Personal opinion but if you don’t have any symptoms whatsoever and you have a negative test. Don’t isolate. Those restrictions are a farce. 

If you look back up the thread you will see someone explain why this is needed. 

TBH I think it’s fair enough if they think there is some previous infection and vaccine immunity escape with Omicron. At least they’ve changed the rules on non-household close contacts for Omicron. 

Not isolating when required to is the best way we can spread this thing and keep us in restrictions for longer. 

Nucky Thompson
50 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

4000+ cases yesterday and yet admissions down by 21 and ICU down by 7 to 33 

It's mental. If they keep dropping next week and she still brings in more restrictions, folk will just say feck it.

I know loads of people who are getting cold like symptoms and refusing to get tested. 

It's not worth it. Triple jabbed and told to stay in the house for 10 days

Dennis Denuto
1 minute ago, Hmfc1965 said:

I actually agree.

I’d say thinks we will need rather than wants. 

Dennis Denuto
1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

It's mental. If they keep dropping next week and she still brings in more restrictions, folk will just say feck it.

I know loads of people who are getting cold like symptoms and refusing to get tested. 

That is so selfish, not everyone will only get cold like symptoms. 

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

I actually agree.

She can only go so far without Treasury help.

We can only pray that Westminster doesn't go further than plan B

👍 33 in ICU ! In the whole of Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 crisis what crisis ? 

This should be highlighted more on the news. … not the tsunami that’s coming as she said  

The Mighty Thor
3 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

This thread ffs. Don’t know whether to laugh or cry! 😂

The last few pages have been a high water mark in the pantheon of point missing, not understanding how a virus works, selfishness and general levels of stupidity.

A tsunami of fuddery, if you like. 

1 minute ago, Dennis Denuto said:

That is so selfish, not everyone will only get cold like symptoms. 

Understandable though.

Kid tests +ve in your home, you are self employed and vaccinated - BING 2 weeks with no pay before Christmas.

Covid cannot be stopped.

It cannot.

That is pretty obvious.

The economy has been damaged, hospitality crippled.

The number of young folks not making up is really quite something now .

the stable door is open

6 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

People have already say deck it . People also get wide to not getting tested too as is just gives her more ammo . 

3 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

She can only go so far without Treasury help.

We can only pray that Westminster doesn't go further than plan B

Yes that’s the saving grace just now . But she’s still trying to shake that his magic money tree . Wee beggar she is 

2 minutes ago, theshed said:

This should be highlighted more on the news. … not the tsunami that’s coming as she said  

I know . I wonder why it isn’t ? Hhhhjm sadly there will be zero humility from sons on this if the numbers aren’t off the scale in the next few weeks. Almost like they are hoping for it . Just to prove a point 

5 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

The last few pages have been a high water mark in the pantheon of point missing, not understanding how a virus works, selfishness and general levels of stupidity.

A tsunami of fuddery, if you like. 

2B9FE9DF-314E-426C-AB9D-E1A4FBC2A554.jpeg

17 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Understandable though.

Kid tests +ve in your home, you are self employed and vaccinated - BING 2 weeks with no pay before Christmas.

Self-employed plumber should continue going to visit lots of houses knowing they may have Covid? Fix old Mrs Murphy’s sink and send her to ICT all for one price 👍🏻

Just now, Alex Kintner said:

There’s only one clown on this thread 👍🏻

You looking in the mirror again ? 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic