Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

The Internet

Think there's an acceptance now that things are just going to be constantly shit and get worse for the next month or so when hopefully it levels out and shows signs of recovery. 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

dobmisterdobster
5 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Looks like Germany is taking in some of Italy's patients

Italy has received more aid from China and Russia than the EU. That's what friends are for I guess. 😕

6 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Have you never seen any previous investigation into what went wrong in the public sector? They cost millions, and decide there was systemic or control failure but nobody was at fault, and "lessons will the learned"...

The time for questions to be getting asked is the here and now.

There has been a few select committee hearings already where the main players have had a grilling 

SwindonJambo
2 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Italy has received more aid from China and Russia than the EU. That's what friends are for I guess. 😕

There is currently widespread disillusionment with the EU in Italy and it’s especially pronounced in the South.

Malinga the Swinga
8 minutes ago, Boris said:

I used to be a bit of a news junkie, but now I'm swerving it.

Not because I have my head in the sand, just because it's heavy. 

The numbers are catastrophic, but still small in total population percentages. Not really much comfort especially to those affected, but gives perspective imo. 

I hope that doesn't sound callous, it's not meant to be. Just trying to rationalise stuff.

It's the only way. You would drive yourself barmy watching 24 hour coverage of this. Personally find that working in garden is relaxing, although my knees and back are killing me now.

I beat the 'Bridge of Doom' in the 70's, 80's, 90's and the rest so no intention of letting some shitty virus get the better of me now.

1 minute ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Think there's an acceptance now that things are just going to be constantly shit and get worse for the next month or so when hopefully it levels out and shows signs of recovery. 

I would happily accept it being a month as when our picture shows we're past the dreaded peak.    When it comes,   if it comes,   it will be the first bit of progress to give people something to cling to.     Psychologically we are used to timescales and fairly good estimations.    We are easily troubled without them.    Nobody likes being in limbo.

Peak won't arrive for another 2-3 weeks or maybe even a month.

With a long incubation period it will take that length of time for distancing and lockdown measures to bear fruit.

4 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

There is currently widespread disillusionment with the EU in Italy and it’s especially pronounced in the South.

also i think if italy took aid from the EU it would be added to their debt from the bailout they got from the EU during the financial crisis

889 deaths in Italy. Less than yesterday by 30 or so. However their critical illness cases went up by about 80.

11 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

I was going to say tend to your own garden first but apparently Russia is getting battered

2 minutes ago, maroondevo52 said:

Hopefully the tests are accurate and reliable enough.

The relief when I take the test and find I had it a couple of weeks ago and I'm now immune. Or the panic when I find out I've not had it yet as we head towards the peak...

1 hour ago, TheOak88 said:

Whats the source for this info mate?

Whatever his source, he or his source should never be posting that kind of info anywhere.

Pretty shitty thing to do. 

4 minutes ago, kila said:

The relief when I take the test and find I had it a couple of weeks ago and I'm now immune. Or the panic when I find out I've not had it yet as we head towards the peak...

I've had a dodgy throat and felt lethargic for atleast a fortnight. Wouldn't mind finding out I had it

4 minutes ago, kila said:

My worry is folk finding they’ve had it begin to care less about hand washing etc thereby carrying it patient to patient. 

2 minutes ago, gjcc said:

My worry is folk finding they’ve had it begin to care less about hand washing etc thereby carrying it patient to patient. 

Yes, once normality resumes somewhat if mass recovery/immunity is realised and football restarts, the sinks will become urinals again.

22 minutes ago, graygo said:

There has been a few select committee hearings already where the main players have had a grilling 

Sure but like Philip Green they get to keep their honours, jobs & billions...

4 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

As I understand it we have 8k now.

we have orders an immediate 8k more from exiting suppliers which should be available very soon

we then are using a number of companies including but not limited to Dyson to make up the shortfall.  Two of my former companies are involved in a consortium that has nothing to do with Dyson and are plowing in with ramping up production of an existing model.  I won’t claim to know the details but I know they wouldn’t be doing that if they weren’t going to be sold at the end.   

im not being a government cheerleader, I completely acknowledge that mistakes have been made and balls dropped When it comes to ventilator production but given everything that is going on I just feel this relentless need to find any story to jump on the Tory scum bandwagon is unhelpful at a time people are already stressed and worried.  

Or you just want to avoid the truth being made public to ensure your government friends stay in power, their benefactors get the contracts etc etc

Your post smacks of who cares whether its the truth or not we'd better not upset the applecart

I fail to see how the truth would upset the public any more than the lies being fed by this government

When you have had 57 days to get testing underway, when you have more than enough time to manufacture emergency clothing and when to date not one extra ventilator is available don't expect us to be grateful

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Vlad Magic said:

Hope the following helps a bit.

Had the Mrs on the phone during the week in tears. Not like her at all. She was extremely emotional and this whole thing was getting the better of her.

She confessed she had spent at least half the day watching Sky News keeping up to date on developments and all the negativity got the better of her. It turns out so had I and the pair of us had a good cry and got it all out our systems. I had realised before she rang that I had made the same mistake of watching too much coverage. Psychologically it had taken its toll on the pair of us. Bombarded with sights, facts, figures and images of people in distress had wrecked us both.

It was quite an emotional realisation on top of what our brains were processing and we both agreed there and then to take breaks from the news to allow our brains to take in more positive aspects of our lives and balance everything out.

Whether or not anyone else has experienced what we went through I would be interested to hear?

I am no psychologist but since then we are both more balanced in our outlook and feel a damn sight better with what’s going on by simply exposing ourselves less to the understandably negative press.

Stay safe people and look after your brains as well as your bodies.

Felt very similar myself week beginning March 16th . I started to socially isolate the next day . Only been out to collect shopping my family have left me near my stair and have social distance chat with them . I was teary all that week thinking of the worse , rueing Over my life etc ! And like yourself saturated myself with social media and news which made it far worse . Got a bit paranoid the Sunday of that week as had diahrea and splitting head for couple days but that abated , could have been stress related ? Anyway my point is I’ve accepted the current situation , hating it but know it the end its for the best . I have strictly limited my tv news watching and reading depressing social media posts . I keep reminding myself that only a small percentage of people actually die of this . It puts everything into perspective . 

AlphonseCapone

I know Dazo has deleted his post but can folk refrain from posting things on here as though they are fact when they are nothing more than social media bullshit. If you post something, stick a source on it. There's enough scary shit going on without unsubstantiated bullshit being propagated by people who haven't taken the time to think through it's veracity before frantically passing it on. 

4 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I know Dazo has deleted his post but can folk refrain from posting things on here as though they are fact when they are nothing more than social media bullshit. If you post something, stick a source on it. There's enough scary shit going on without unsubstantiated bullshit being propagated by people who haven't taken the time to think through it's veracity before frantically passing it on. 

Could not agree more!!!!!

heartandsoul
1 hour ago, Vlad Magic said:

Hope the following helps a bit.

Had the Mrs on the phone during the week in tears. Not like her at all. She was extremely emotional and this whole thing was getting the better of her.

She confessed she had spent at least half the day watching Sky News keeping up to date on developments and all the negativity got the better of her. It turns out so had I and the pair of us had a good cry and got it all out our systems. I had realised before she rang that I had made the same mistake of watching too much coverage. Psychologically it had taken its toll on the pair of us. Bombarded with sights, facts, figures and images of people in distress had wrecked us both.

It was quite an emotional realisation on top of what our brains were processing and we both agreed there and then to take breaks from the news to allow our brains to take in more positive aspects of our lives and balance everything out.

Whether or not anyone else has experienced what we went through I would be interested to hear?

I am no psychologist but since then we are both more balanced in our outlook and feel a damn sight better with what’s going on by simply exposing ourselves less to the understandably negative press.

Stay safe people and look after your brains as well as your bodies.

I can relate to this mate. I've cut down on watching the news. Thanks for posting this.

heartandsoul
16 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Felt very similar myself week beginning March 16th . I started to socially isolate the next day . Only been out to collect shopping my family have left me near my stair and have social distance chat with them . I was teary all that week thinking of the worse , rueing Over my life etc ! And like yourself saturated myself with social media and news which made it far worse . Got a bit paranoid the Sunday of that week as had diahrea and splitting head for couple days but that abated , could have been stress related ? Anyway my point is I’ve accepted the current situation , hating it but know it the end its for the best . I have strictly limited my tv news watching and reading depressing social media posts . I keep reminding myself that only a small percentage of people actually die of this . It puts everything into perspective . 

I'm in the same boat as you mate. Was watching the news non stop and it was having an effect on me so have toned it down a good bit. Stay safe and take care.

1 hour ago, Dazo said:

Absolutely mate I wasn’t thinking there. My only defence is I’ve just came back from picking up some shopping for my parents and it’s all very sensible queueing to get in then a fair percentage turn into arseholes who completely forget about distancing, squeezing by people, standing in the middle aisles etc etc. I know it’s hard but ffs stop making everything the supermarkets are doing pointless. 

Someone has quoted your deleted post, it would be a good idea to ask a mod to remove it too 

17 minutes ago, kila said:

TL;DW

Can you summarise the video? :) 

It's basically a way to keep the arseholes with symptoms away from gp surgeries, our resident doctor told how 2 gps have died already.

In a bid to alleviate the pressure on GP surgeries, as of Monday this week, NHS Boards across Scotland started to use a unique system for treating patients experiencing symptoms. Today they have 50 dedicated coronavirus assessment centres set up across the country.

Edited by graygo

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, heartandsoul said:

I'm in the same boat as you mate. Was watching the news non stop and it was having an effect on me so have toned it down a good bit. Stay safe and take care.

Same to you 

57 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

It's the only way. You would drive yourself barmy watching 24 hour coverage of this. Personally find that working in garden is relaxing, although my knees and back are killing me now.

I beat the 'Bridge of Doom' in the 70's, 80's, 90's and the rest so no intention of letting some shitty virus get the better of me now.

Love your thinking!

Stay safe Malinga!

2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Feeling a bit better still got a temperature , hopefully I'm through it though. 

How long you been no well mate and what's the veracity of your bout.

And are you confirmed covid ?

Glad you are feeling well jambo

30 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Someone has quoted your deleted post, it would be a good idea to ask a mod to remove it too 

yeah I’ve reported it. 

Francis Albert
20 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

'Dying doesn't bother me in the slightest. When your times up it is up' is a strange statement. 

I would only change one word in that statement. For dying say death. I haven't a clue why it would then be a strange statement.

46 minutes ago, jake said:

How long you been no well mate and what's the veracity of your bout.

And are you confirmed covid ?

Glad you are feeling well jambo

Coming up12 days mate, burning up again now  have been burning up all week aches and pains sore stomach, heart palpitations. 

Sore neck even spat up a bit of blood, it comes in waves, one day you feel okay the next you are rocked. 

Have been pretty much bed bound, been trying to get through to the NHS for 2 hours and 11 minutes now. 

Not been confirmed as having it. 

Edit diarohea and nasal congestion too, have been spitting up a lot of mucus and phlegm. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

10 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Coming up12 days mate, burning up again now  have been burning up all week aches and pains sore stomach, heart palpitations. 

Sore neck even spat up a bit of blood, it comes in waves, one day you feel okay the next you are rocked. 

Have been pretty much bed bound, been trying to get through to the NHS for 2 hours and 11 minutes now. 

Edit diarohea and nasal congestion too, have been spitting up a lot of mucus and phlegm. 

That sounds awful Bongo, I really hope you start to improve soon.

22 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Sounds like you got it buddy.

Are you ok for shit.

I've no been drinking yet happy to help if I can .

35 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Want to ditto what other have said. Good luck mate if you are really bad don't hesitate phoning 999 man. 

AlphonseCapone

Was interested in how many flights there would still be and was surprised that still seems a fair amount based on flight radar website. 

Screenshot_20200328_210517_com.android.chrome.jpg

1 minute ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Was interested in how many flights there would still be and was surprised that still seems a fair amount based on flight radar website. 

how many of them are frieght 

2 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Would those include freight? 

AlphonseCapone
3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

how many of them are frieght 

3 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

Would those include freight? 

Definitely includes freight but I couldn't find a filter to easy identify. I clicked on a random sample and though a couple were DHL and FedEx, the others weren't obviously freight (EasyJet, Ryanair, SAS for example). 

I had it in my head there would almost zero passenger jets. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic