Serious Question

Turkishcap

1 minute ago, jock _turd said:

Wherein is made some absolutely top notch ale... but as far as I am concerned that is the town's only highlight, although there must be some other significant things going on there.

Marmite and casual racism.

13 hours ago, Cruyff said:

They're English, they think they are better than everyone else. 

Burton is also a 65% Leave 35% Remain constituency with a solid Conservative hue. They probably think they are much better than everyone else. ;)

Coburg Hearts
3 hours ago, cameron79 said:

This is it for me. Doncaster and Reagan aided by the media were only too keen to play down our game at every turn, getting paid handsomely for it too. I remember Barry Hearn saying wtf is going on?

Love Hearts but hate Scottish football because it hates itself, well apart from its ugly sisters. It's no wonder other countries dont rate us.

It's almost as if their remit was to do everything in their power to kill the game up here, but at the same time to do everything in their power to help the old-firm.

Coburg Hearts
2 hours ago, jock _turd said:

Wherein is made some absolutely top notch ale... but as far as I am concerned that is the town's only highlight, although there must be some other significant things going on there.

I'm sure Notts can tell you of other things. Seems like a town with lots of history, especially in brewing.

3 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

It's almost as if their remit was to do everything in their power to kill the game up here, but at the same time to do everything in their power to help the old-firm.

Well therein lies the problem. To them the old firm are Scottish football. We're just here to make up the numbers. Would love the blazers to get bombed out and some progressives appointed but it'll never happen unfortunately.

Coburg Hearts
49 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Burton is also a 65% Leave 35% Remain constituency with a solid Conservative hue. They probably think they are much better than everyone else. ;)

Move on.

MarkDevriesScores4

I understand why Burton fans are lashing out. Their board have just sold one of their top players for what is essentially a pittance (in English footballing terms) and the fans are disappointed. From a Hearts fan perspective, we’ve robbed them and it’s fantastic. Not hearts fault. The Burton board made a business decision. Their fans should take it up with them.

6 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

I understand why Burton fans are lashing out. Their board have just sold one of their top players for what is essentially a pittance (in English footballing terms) and the fans are disappointed. From a Hearts fan perspective, we’ve robbed them and it’s fantastic. Not hearts fault. The Burton board made a business decision. Their fans should take it up with them.

I'd be ragin if I was a burton fan. Thankfully I'm not, 150k is a steal!

20 hours ago, HighTimes said:

All of this is spot on (except I am very fond of the football in L2, which is occasionally very decent) - people need to remember that only the hardcore zoomers of a fanbase post regularly on a club forum :)

Don’t get me wrong,  I really enjoy watching those leagues. Last few years i‘ve been to see Swindon (featuring Rossi’s brother), Bradford (with one Ryan McGowan), Sheffield Utd, Bury, Notts County, Mansfield, York and Chesterfield across L1 or L2. 

It was certainly fun if not quality.