The Fear

Harry Potter

2 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Was that after 86, think we went mental that day, albert kidd is a prick and hated by us some

dundee fans dont know him

Aye couple of years later mate I think. 

1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

I think the Robbo/Kidd incident at Brockville was in March '87. Robbo missed the Cup semi v. St. Mirren because of the suspension, iirc. 

millerjames398
1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Playing them in the skol cup in 89 or 90, and spanking them 4 0, im sure falkirk had 3 sent off, and scott crabbe got a couple, the stewards had to make a chain to stop the Falkirk fans getting on the park in shed at the fence between the fans, an eye opener, my 1st time at brockville, bonus was getting to noise up all the bairns fans in my class😂

2 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

The team downing tools to get Joe Jordan sacked. A ******* disgrace to the jersey

that was some fart dunno tue though

7 hours ago, Lambo85 said:

Remember a few years back when they beat us 4-3 in the League Cup. Was during Jeffries second stint at the club.

We were 2-0 down and down to 10 men by half time. We looked dead and burried then Kyle scored a double and Suso scored to get it back to 3-2. Then Falkirk scored 2 late goals to make it 4-3.

Was a sore one. Remeber it was also on my birthday and I got done for speeding on the way home. Had better birthdays!

I feel your pain as I was there as well and it was my birthday too, total nightmare. To make things worse, I grew up in Falkirk and was still living there at that time, at least you were able to escape the place afterwards!

Although not my worst Falkirk memory, that had to be the 6-0 at Brockville and as a 9 year old going into school in Falkirk on the Monday morning, that wasnt a good day. 

Apart from the 3-1 semi final in 98, best memory is being at my pal's house in 95 (the whole family were big Falkirk fans) when the news came through that Jefferies had been appointed our new manager and seeing my pal and his wee brother in tears at the news. One reason why JJ is even more of a legend to me!

9 hours ago, Noah Claypole said:

Flying.

You don't want to be scared of flying!!!

It's crashing you want to be scared of!!!!!!!!!!!

Been to Brockville many times to see us, but anyone remember Jimmy Gilmour(?) scored a couple for them, don't think we scored, midweek game, must have been late 80s.

Big Hearts support and the casual scene was in full flow, hundreds of them kicking about.

5 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Remember beating them 5 - 1at Brockville. 4 up after about 20 min. 

Then the game Robbo got sent off for putting his head near that wee **** Albert Kidd and he collapsed in a heap. 

Saw Robbo later that night in the Rutland and he said there was no contact and the wee ******** **** was getting it the next time at Tynie 😅😅

I was at both of those. October '87 & March '87. The latter was a dire 0-0. I didn't think there was any contact whatsoever between Robbo &Kidd yet he went down like a sack of spuds conning abysmal ref Kevin O'Donnell into sending Robbo off. Even though a distant 4th or 5th, we had 5,000+ at Brockville that day. Absolute Shithole of a ground and none too safe either!

1 hour ago, smiler said:

Been to Brockville many times to see us, but anyone remember Jimmy Gilmour(?) scored a couple for them, don't think we scored, midweek game, must have been late 80s.

Big Hearts support and the casual scene was in full flow, hundreds of them kicking about.

Halloween night 1986 I think m8,,,was there absolutely pishing doon 2 0 falkirk...

luckyBatistuta
9 hours ago, rory78 said:

Semi final 98 at Ibrox we won 3-1 but Kevin McAllister was brilliant that day 

Every time Falkirk games are mentioned I think if that game. I took a little tablet device which you could watch the tv on. I had everyone crowded around it watching the Grand National...

which i I had a bet on the 1st and 2nd places

Earth Summit and Suny Bay

😎

No Fear

Remember a cup game in the 80s through there.  Hearts support was all the way around the ground. They still had Crawford Baptie playing for them.  3-1 to us and nearly 16,000.  

Brockville 1987.

Kidd getting Robbo sent off after flinging himself to the ground in a 0-0 draw, the week before the semi with St Mirren, probably cost us the cup that year too.

Robbo was suspended for the semi, in a game crying out for his goals.

Another reason or despising the Bobby Ball lookalike.

Edited by Busby8

Coburg Hearts
10 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

😅

I knew I shouldn't have laughed at that but couldn't help myself. 😀

An ex Rangers thug called Doug Baillie deliberately breaking Jim Townsend's leg at Brockville.  It couldn't have been more deliberate and you heard the bone crack all round the ground.

Many Heart's supporters randomly arrested for an uncomplimentary chant including two mates of mine.  £15 fines.

joondalupjambo
8 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Remember a cup game in the 80s through there.  Hearts support was all the way around the ground. They still had Crawford Baptie playing for them.  3-1 to us and nearly 16,000.  

I always get reminded by my mates that we all went through to a cup game in 1988 and that the game was rumored to be the one where there were forged tickets by the bucket load.  Not so much forged but just copies because back in the day it was just paper ones with no bar codes.  Copied because the dozy Falkirk club had used an Edinburgh printers.  No idea if this was ever true or was just another part of all of our groups Jambo folklore.

Sounds like by the crowd size you quote might be the game, January and 15888.

2 hours ago, joondalupjambo said:

I always get reminded by my mates that we all went through to a cup game in 1988 and that the game was rumored to be the one where there were forged tickets by the bucket load.  Not so much forged but just copies because back in the day it was just paper ones with no bar codes.  Copied because the dozy Falkirk club had used an Edinburgh printers.  No idea if this was ever true or was just another part of all of our groups Jambo folklore.

Sounds like by the crowd size you quote might be the game, January and 15888.

Aye, that’s the one mate.  I remember actually being behind the goals in what would normally be the home end.  

Im sure the Falkirk fans were only housed in one of the stands at the side of the park and part of the main stand.  Otherwise all Jambos. 

11 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

My memory of the 1980's is watching Crawford ******* Baptie and Jimmy Gilmour ripping us to shreds.

I would love to experience that tiny enclosure one more time though.

Edited by Nookie Bear

1 hour ago, Masonic said:

one of the worst hearts results iv experienced in 30 years

We did well to keep it at 0-4 that day.

I remember instinctively shouting "penalty" near the end when one of their players had a stonewaller denied (7.55)

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

I remember instinctively shouting "penalty" near the end when one of their players had a stonewaller denied (7.55)

was a good team we had out as well mibi the levein tactics were the downfall that day

6 minutes ago, Masonic said:

was a good team we had out as well mibi the levein tactics were the downfall that day

Yep, a nice high line against the pacy Samuel was always going to fail. Think we had been on a winter jolly just before this game.

To be fair to Levein, he tore strips off the team and we went up to Pittodrie and won 1-0 a few days later.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Airdrie are out, the jinx is over, we don't have to go to Airdrie, only time I have had stones chucked at my bus, so anything else is a picnic I reckon.

Looking forward to the tie, whoever it may be

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, Masonic said:

one of the worst hearts results iv experienced in 30 years

I was playing that day, getting fed the goals from our committee on the touchline, I ignored them, they were clearly taking the piss.

Imagine when I found out they werent

:sob:

avhudtheteeshirt
On 21/01/2020 at 12:38, Paul Shark said:

Oh I see. The way I read it, the whole bus had been partaking in some mind altering substances and were quite mellow on arrival !!

On 21/01/2020 at 13:10, Harry Potter said:

dunno mate pretty catchy though

They were a Falkirk young team who reeked havoc in and around the Falkirk area in the 70's.

They had a particular fondness for away coaches as I recall!!!!

scott herbertson
On 21/01/2020 at 11:52, Harry Potter said:

If we get Falkirk in the cup, whats memories from everyone.

Our centurian double decker getting stoned , about 1977.

That lot dont like us , mind my cars lights failed on the motorway 

back from there , was scary, thoughts folks.

I found this on London Hearts website - I had forgotten I wrote it!

Early 70s:

Hearts stop selling coke and refunds system (for empty bottles) dries up. Forced to watch games and it becomes a habit I’m subsequently unable to kick despite nasty side effects (nausea, poverty, a feeling of great stupidity, a tendency to say "Right, that’s it. You won’t see me back here next season.") The football is still so bad I resort to alternative to bottle collecting: bottle throwing.

Spend next few seasons shouting

"Cruickie for Scotland" -

"Donald for Scotland" and

"Take that you Rangers    ".

None of which has any effect as

a) Cruickie and Donald don’t play for Celtic or Rangers and

b) I am too far away from the Rangers supporters for them to hear.

Off the field, highlights include: getting in free to Methil as the top person in a human pyramid: being able to miss one of the endless cup replays against Montrose due to being held in custody (a busload of us done for pissing at the side of the M90).

This is the age of the skinheads. (my) Brother Keith is felled at Brockville. Bottles are thrown against the roof of the shed - so that the broken glass falls down on the opposing supporters - those were the days, eh? Keith feels something hit his face, puts his hand to his face and feels hot liquid flowing down and falls to the ground, whimpering. He suddenly discovers it is a hot pie, thrown away in disgust rather than with evil intent.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

The first team to take points off us in the 2005/2006 season 9 games in and the first team to beat us in the Championship season (in January)

On 22/01/2020 at 11:28, Nookie Bear said:

That's an absolute wipeout of a "tackle".

No pen :rofl:  

On 22/01/2020 at 16:28, Gorgieboy51 said:

I stay in falkirk, me my 2 sons and a mate and his son(season ticket holders)all drink in the wheatsheaf,20 minute walk too game

You had to be a regular to get in there for the big games.

Anyway can remember Donald Ford scoring against us in a second leg league cup tie.

Kirky Lawson winner in another league cup tie defeat.

A George Fleming hatrick would have been my first time seeing Hearts win there

Salvatoriross

I Know they were only playing Linlithgow Rose but the Fish looked sharp when I saw him in the cup.

He will be desperate to prove himself.

Bring it on fishy .

Captain Lithuania

My best memory from a Falkirk game in the cup is when Zaliukas set about the Falkirk striker after he hauled him down clean through on goal. 

What a guy. 

On 22/01/2020 at 03:28, Kiwidoug said:

An ex Rangers thug called Doug Baillie deliberately breaking Jim Townsend's leg at Brockville.  It couldn't have been more deliberate and you heard the bone crack all round the ground.

Many Heart's supporters randomly arrested for an uncomplimentary chant including two mates of mine.  £15 fines.

I was at that game. Bailie should have been banned for life for that tackle! 😡

12 minutes ago, Arnaud Djoum said:

My best memory from a Falkirk game in the cup is when Zaliukas set about the Falkirk striker after he hauled him down clean through on goal. 

What a guy. 

and it cost us the game! 😏