Jump to content
Harry Potter

The Fear

Recommended Posts

Harry Potter

If we get Falkirk in the cup, whats memories from everyone.

Our centurian double decker getting stoned , about 1977.

That lot dont like us , mind my cars lights failed on the motorway 

back from there , was scary, thoughts folks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bull's-eye

Flying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lambo85

Remember a few years back when they beat us 4-3 in the League Cup. Was during Jeffries second stint at the club.

 

We were 2-0 down and down to 10 men by half time. We looked dead and burried then Kyle scored a double and Suso scored to get it back to 3-2. Then Falkirk scored 2 late goals to make it 4-3.

 

Was a sore one. Remeber it was also on my birthday and I got done for speeding on the way home. Had better birthdays!

Edited by Lambo85

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Boab

We will be playing Arbroath I reckon and that is giving me the fear. A tough game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kylejordan

Came up to watch the year in the championship. 
We were unbeaten until me and my brother came up and lost to bloody Falkirk 3-2 at home. 
month uncles said I was banned from attending until we were promoted. 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paul Shark
22 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

If we get Falkirk in the cup, whats memories from everyone.

Our centurian double decker getting stoned , about 1977.

That lot dont like us , mind my cars lights failed on the motorway 

back from there , was scary, thoughts folks.

Different times the 70's, whole double decker "stoned" . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
avhudtheteeshirt
7 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

Different times the 70's, whole double decker "stoned" . 

The Tamla Murphy at their best!!!!!

Always hated going to most grounds by bus in the 70's, as nearly every team had a group of Neds!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
martoon

Favourite game at Falkirk was the 5-1 win there in 1987/88. We were superb, especially in the first half. It was around the time Gary MacKay scored for Scotland in Bulgaria and he was excellent that day. The link up play between him, Robbo and JC was a joy to behold.

 

Favourite at Arbroath is easy. I've only been there once: promotion day in 1978.

 

A wee Scottish Cup hat tip to Hibs 1 Arbroath 2 in 1977, though. Tagged along with a mate and his dad to that one. At least one of us enjoyed it. 😈

Edited by martoon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paul Shark
8 minutes ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

The Tamla Murphy at their best!!!!!

Always hated going to most grounds by bus in the 70's, as nearly every team had a group of Neds!!!!

Oh I see. The way I read it, the whole bus had been partaking in some mind altering substances and were quite mellow on arrival !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rory78

Semi final 98 at Ibrox we won 3-1 but Kevin McAllister was brilliant that day 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
highlandjambo3

A jobby in the sea......gives me the shivers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
millerjames398
1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

If we get Falkirk in the cup, whats memories from everyone.

Our centurian double decker getting stoned , about 1977.

That lot dont like us , mind my cars lights failed on the motorway 

back from there , was scary, thoughts folks.

I stay in Falkirk, and knew some of their lads back in the day, safe to say they'll be out n about if they manage to get past arbroath 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JJ93

Stop being so pessimistic. We will hammer either of them with ease.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
millerjames398
34 minutes ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

The Tamla Murphy at their best!!!!!

Always hated going to most grounds by bus in the 70's, as nearly every team had a group of Neds!!!!

The tamla Murphy, thats a catchy name, who did they follow?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry Potter
4 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

Stop being so pessimistic. We will hammer either of them with ease.

no doubt i will be there boring auld fart at 60

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry Potter
6 minutes ago, millerjames398 said:

The tamla Murphy, thats a catchy name, who did they follow?

dunno mate pretty catchy though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mauricio Pinilla

List of major events I can remember vividly where I was when they happened:

 

9/11

7/7

Diana 

Michael jackson dying 

Finding out hearts were 4 down to Falkirk at half time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr 3 Putt

2008 i think. Mid week away, our bus broke down before it even arrived so jumped on the train. Absolute nothing of a game, dead rubber bottom 6 match. Got beat, think it was 2-1, can't really mind the game was that pish, all i can mind is some bint behind me just screaming "com on boys" all game. . Got home about 2 in the morning and had my English exam in the morning. I didn't do well in it to say the least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Clark Griswold
1 hour ago, Lambo85 said:

Remember a few years back when they beat us 4-3 in the League Cup. Was during Jeffries second stint at the club.

 

We were 2-0 down and down to 10 men by half time. We looked dead and burried then Kyle scored a double and Suso scored to get it back to 3-2. Then Falkirk scored 2 late goals to make it 4-3.

 

Was a sore one. Remeber it was also on my birthday and I got done for speeding on the way home. Had better birthdays!

This for me also. The game had almost everything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cwapsy

Unfortunately I have two bad memories of Brockville. A 6-0 pumping on my birthday involving a Crawford Baptie Hattrick and a 4-0 doing in the pouring rain in one of Craig Gordon's early games for us.

Always remember Brockville being a bit bad for crushing on the way out the ground too.

Happier memories at their new ground in the Championship season. 

Edited by Cwapsy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry Potter
1 hour ago, Noah Claypole said:

Flying.

easy jet mate lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WagonWheel

Always hated Falkirk. Was in the Main Stand at Brockville for the 6-0 reverse as a young lad with my grandad and the abuse we got was off the scale, considering we posed absolutely no threat to them whatsoever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry Potter
4 minutes ago, WagonWheel said:

Always hated Falkirk. Was in the Main Stand at Brockville for the 6-0 reverse as a young lad with my grandad and the abuse we got was off the scale, considering we posed absolutely no threat to them whatsoever. 

was few good pubs wi the new 2 stands its guff, i dont hate them wagon, just a wee team now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3fingersreid

Falkirk , not much difference between them and airdrie , fans are a shower of shit

 

Arbroath , means we’d need to endure that dick , Dick Campbell prattling on in the media ( who will be fawning all over him like he’s a genius and font of football knowledge) telling us not so funny quips

 

rock - Hearts - hard place

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry Potter
1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

A jobby in the sea......gives me the shivers 

u need to get out mate , mind u pub for a hundred miles,

enjoy yer dump , dougstar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry Potter
13 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Falkirk , not much difference between them and airdrie , fans are a shower of shit

 

Arbroath , means we’d need to endure that dick , Dick Campbell prattling on in the media ( who will be fawning all over him like he’s a genius and font of football knowledge) telling us not so funny quips

 

rock - Hearts - hard place

that dick lol we jambos just love a run in the cup 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
willie wallace

The 4-1 victory in the first  game  against them at Tynecastle in the championship.

In the first half we played some great fast attacking football.i think we were 3 up at the break.

We had already beaten Rangers and Hibs and the way we played that day made me confident we could go the whole way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Boab
2 minutes ago, Cwapsy said:

Unfortunately I have two bad memories of Brockville. A 6-0 pumping on my birthday involving a Crawford Baptie Hattrick and a 4-0 doing in the pouring rain in one of Craig Gordon's early games for us.

Always remember Brockville being a bit bad for crushing on the way out the ground too.

Happier memories at their new ground in the Championship season. 

 Those wee stairs were a death trap. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ronald Villiers
2 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

If we get Falkirk in the cup, whats memories from everyone.

Our centurian double decker getting stoned , about 1977.

That lot dont like us , mind my cars lights failed on the motorway 

back from there , was scary, thoughts folks.

Falkirk treat every match like a derby and their fans seem to hate every other team.  They don't realise that nobody else really bothers about them, other than Dunfermline. They're just a pointless wee team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

One that sticks out, for me, is Rousset's first game, lost 2-0, went bottom of the league.

Jefferies had not long taken over and was still clearing out the previous manager's shite signings and started playing all the youngsters.

Few months later Magic got the hat trick at Ibrox.

Reminds me a bit of Hearts, now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry Potter
1 minute ago, Ronald Villiers said:

Falkirk treat every match like a derby and their fans seem to hate every other team.  They don't realise that nobody else really bothers about them, other than Dunfermline. They're just a pointless wee team.

they are shit mate, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cwapsy
9 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

One that sticks out, for me, is Rousset's first game, lost 2-0, went bottom of the league.

Jefferies had not long taken over and was still clearing out the previous manager's shite signings and started playing all the youngsters.

Few months later Magic got the hat trick at Ibrox.

Reminds me a bit of Hearts, now.

 

Did we not stay up on one of the last games of the season that year? Away to Partick. Header from Alan Mcmanus 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Salad Fingers
22 minutes ago, Cwapsy said:

 

Did we not stay up on one of the last games of the season that year? Away to Partick. Header from Alan Mcmanus 

 

That was before then.  Alan McLaren header.  Was a scorcher of a day.  We were already safe by then I think unless there was some mental results in the other games.  

 

Good Falkirk memory, apart from nicking their manager - 98 Cup Semi :jjyay:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
highlandjambo3
55 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

u need to get out mate , mind u pub for a hundred miles,

enjoy yer dump , dougstar

Not my dump......was referring to another’s heading my way when swimming, the fear thing, get it?

 

Im actually 30meters from a pub..............not got that electricity thingummybob stuff yet though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry Potter
8 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Not my dump......was referring to another’s heading my way when swimming, the fear thing, get it?

 

Im actually 30meters from a pub..............not got that electricity thingummybob stuff yet though.

ok mate take care

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dino Velvet

Colin ****ing Samuel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
soonbe110
3 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

If we get Falkirk in the cup, whats memories from everyone.

Our centurian double decker getting stoned , about 1977.

That lot dont like us , mind my cars lights failed on the motorway 

back from there , was scary, thoughts folks.

Bad day at Brockville, Colin Samuel, pretty sure that was cup tie 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RudiSkacelsLeftPeg

Colin Samuel. Nuff said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry Potter
8 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

Colin ****ing Samuel. 

whos he Dino

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr 3 Putt

No idea why but i use to have a signed falkirk ball years ago. Think my dad won it a charity night and gave it to me. Latapy was the only name i knew on it. No idea where it is now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
47 minutes ago, Cwapsy said:

 

Did we not stay up on one of the last games of the season that year? Away to Partick. Header from Alan Mcmanus 

Think we stayed up fairly comfortably. Made the 96 cup final, too.

as mentioned, Partick away was Alan McLaren's header, Sandy Clark was the manager.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dino Velvet
6 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

whos he Dino


Scored a 1st half hat trick against us in the cup. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry Potter
1 minute ago, Dino Velvet said:


Scored a 1st half hat trick against us in the cup. 

ok mate must o been in re hab

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
millerjames398
1 hour ago, Ronald Villiers said:

Falkirk treat every match like a derby and their fans seem to hate every other team.  They don't realise that nobody else really bothers about them, other than Dunfermline. They're just a pointless wee team.

👍🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼🇱🇻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry Potter
3 hours ago, Paul Shark said:

Different times the 70's, whole double decker "stoned" . 

When hearts fans loved each other after winning the champioship

was a different set of fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robbo-Jambo
43 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

ok mate must o been in re hab

😅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kyle1874
4 hours ago, Lambo85 said:

Remember a few years back when they beat us 4-3 in the League Cup. Was during Jeffries second stint at the club.

 

We were 2-0 down and down to 10 men by half time. We looked dead and burried then Kyle scored a double and Suso scored to get it back to 3-2. Then Falkirk scored 2 late goals to make it 4-3.

 

Was a sore one. Remeber it was also on my birthday and I got done for speeding on the way home. Had better birthdays!

Suso was amazing that game the wee man was fighting for everything 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robbo-Jambo

Remember beating them 5 - 1at Brockville. 4 up after about 20 min. 

 

Then the game Robbo got sent off for putting his head near that wee **** Albert Kidd and he collapsed in a heap. 

 

Saw Robbo later that night in the Rutland and he said there was no contact and the wee ******** **** was getting it the next time at Tynie 😅😅

 

 

Edited by Robbo-Jambo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry Potter
7 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Remember beating them 5 - 1at Brockville. 4 up after about 20 min. 

 

Then the game Robbo got sent off for putting his head near that wee **** Albert Kidd and he collapsed in a heap. 

 

Saw Robbo later that night in the Rutland and he said there was no contact and the wee ******** **** was getting it the next time at Tynie 😅😅

 

 

Was that after 86, think we went mental that day, albert kidd is a prick and hated by us some

dundee fans dont know him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jamhammer

The team downing tools to get Joe Jordan sacked. A ******* disgrace to the jersey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...