***Official Heart of Midlothian v Airdrie Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

How did Connor Washington play today? He's been out for a while so our knowledgeable support will no doubt afford him an appropriate degree of leeway, but I was hoping if we scored a barrowload, and five is a barrowload for us, he'd be on the scoresheet. Strikers and keepers thrive on confidence, so I'm hoping he got some positives today?

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Francis Albert

• Marvin

• alwaysthereinspirit

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

Live on the BBC Scotland channel. CH 108 in Virgin media.

Cheers, checked every other channel but that. 

Captain Sausage
Just now, Barack said:

St. Mirren. 5-2 game.

:thumbsup:

I always enjoy watching the oldies talk about a random midweek game in 1982 where they remember the scorers and times of goals. 

I couldn’t even tell you who scored 3 weeks ago!

1 minute ago, newbie said:

How did Connor Washington play today? He's been out for a while so our knowledgeable support will no doubt afford him an appropriate degree of leeway, but I was hoping if we scored a barrowload, and five is a barrowload for us, he'd be on the scoresheet. Strikers and keepers thrive on confidence, so I'm hoping he got some positives today?

Played well, he makes some really clever runs and his touch is class. Didnt get any real chances but was busy. Seemed to pop up on the right quite a bit.

I reckon with a 'box' type striker itll help him. Hes never going to get 20 goals a season but he should get a dozen or so plus a barrel load of assists in an attacking team.

2 minutes ago, newbie said:

He makes the space for others. Has a tremendous workrate. Needs a goal for total lift off

Most enjoyable afternoon. Great to watch a Hearts team going after the opposition again. Even at 4-0 had two on the half way line. Danke Herr Stendel

27 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Need to make our minds up soon as he only has 6 months left... But he is another that has both improved under Stendel and improved getting a run of games and not just 10 minutes at the end of a game.

I agree with all of that. Good day for Euan today though. 👍

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

Up ye Murray ya vagina faced vermin prick. 

Kevin Kyle improved yer twat featured dish ya pox infested erse.

:fth:

:greggy:

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

Trying a bit too hard there? 🤣

1 minute ago, newbie said:

He played well I thought. We played out from the back (occasionally a bit dodgy) inviting their players to press us which created bags of space. He ran into the channels as a result and was a very good attacking option. 

pettigrewsstylist
4 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

We’d have struggled today under Levein. Good turn around Stendel 🤗

Quite possibly. Naismith being on the pitch is prob just as important.

4 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Lot of ***-hatred in this post.

Other than that, I agree with the sentiment.

Edit: apparently the three-letter abbreviation of vagina is too much for the website to take 

Edited by HoChiMinter

22 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I'll be blunt. 

Naismith, Soutter and Washington would not have been fit under the previous manager 

My only concern today was that of those three, Souttar is the one lacking the most fitness and sharpness.  Rusty and quite lazy with his decision making at times and against a better team he’d have sold the jerseys big style.  

portobellojambo1

Today was about getting through to the next round, and we achieved that while getting a few goals and playing some good football.

21 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Poetry

RustyRightPeg

Well that was fun wasn’t it? Missed this feeling. 

Wasnt perfect but we played some terrific stuff today. Set pieces, tremendous. Link up play from the front 5 was fantastic at points.

Very pleasing to come through a potential banana skin tie. 

Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

Well that was fun wasn’t it? Missed this feeling. 

Wasnt perfect but we played some terrific stuff today. Set pieces, tremendous. Link up play from the front 5 was fantastic at points.

Very pleasing to come through a potential banana skin tie. 

Was coming on to say just that. Excellent result today. Let's hope the confidence carries on to Wednesday!

24 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Quite possibly. Naismith being on the pitch is prob just as important.

Just shows some positive football was all we needed. That stuff CL was serving up was not only boring it was ineffective. Hope CL was watching and learns his way is dead. 

it’s only Airdrie but I saw the Aberdeen game and know that in Stendel I trust. 

Jambof3tornado
31 minutes ago, newbie said:

Looked rusty but lasted well. Brought a long ball down well near the end. A goal would have been nice.

Liked the look of Lewis Moore today looks a different player I remember from the last time he had a run in the first team . 

you can see a difference in the positioning and movement hope this is the kick start we need write off the first half of the season and push on . Hoping Smith and Hicky are alright for Wednesday night any word ? .

4 hours ago, RasberryJam said:

We have lost 4 and drawn 1 under Stendel. Not exactly the most inspiring form to go into any match and we remain bottom of the league and 5 points adrift. Many thought we'd beat St Johnstone at home and Hamilton away. Look how that panned out.

The Scottish Cup is an opportunity for smaller sides to test themselves against better opposition. Airdrie are only 2 points off top spot in their league and have a competent manager in Ian Murray. Not my problem if you don't like my prediction. 

Your prediction was shite, I was right to have a problem with it.

RustyRightPeg

Sorry if it’s been touched on already, but the “trouble” (if you can call it that) before the game at the plaza, any news on it? 

1 hour ago, The Goalscoring Knee said:

Image result for lou costello

:clap:

And, of course, a much bigger :clap: for Daniel and the lads.

Edited by Boof

Well I enjoyed that game today with Clare outstanding and Souter strolled through the game as thou he had never been away, after that things look a lot better roll on Ross County.

Samuel Camazzola

Ryan Edwards in the crowd today. Any reason why Burton didn't have a fixture this weekend? I'm sure there is full League 1 list. I know he started midweek for them too. 

Francis Albert

When you win by 5 you GENERALLY. deserve to win? In the whole history of the game how often has a team winning by 5 not deserved to win?

Edited by Francis Albert

Leveins Battalion
24 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Sorry if it’s been touched on already, but the “trouble” (if you can call it that) before the game at the plaza, any news on it? 

I walked right into it,embarrasing behaviour by both Airdrie and Hearts "fans".Wee kids terrified.Not proper football fans just thugs.

2 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Got to admit, after Garruccio crossed into the Gorgie stand.

"That's why you are going down" was funny.

To be fair a few of their fans were in the Diggars pre game and were a good sort.

Samuel Camazzola
2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Did you notice the ginger lad next to him...?

Only someone I assumed to be his wife/partner... 

9 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Got to admit, after Garruccio crossed into the Gorgie stand.

"That's why you are going down" was funny.

Quite liked our retort after Sean's goal, " That's why you're going out" too. 😁

Seymour M Hersh
11 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

When you win by by 5 you GENERALLY. deserve to win? In the whole history of the game how often has a team winning by 5 not deserved to win?¥

I wish the reporter had asked him but what if you only win 5-1?

27 minutes ago, Barack said:

Riiiiiight...!

:rolleyes:

Screenshot_20200118-180020_BBC Sport.jpg

Hope he has appointment booked at barber to get 5 - 0 shaved into his napper:whistling:

Guy is a Grade A plum

Edited by 2205ian
poor grammar!!

1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

The tough test is Ross County's

Due a pumping for their arrogant comments after a 0-0 earlier this season 

I was basing this on recent league form. 

Edited by VALDOS'

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

You shouldn't hold back. :biggrin2:

34 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Ryan Edwards in the crowd today. Any reason why Burton didn't have a fixture this weekend? I'm sure there is full League 1 list. I know he started midweek for them too. 

Bury being expelled from league means only 23 in division I think

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Pure class 😂👍