***Official Heart of Midlothian v Airdrie Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

4 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Like us all enjoyed game yesterday and you can see the managers influence already on the team. Being picky for a second thought a few times halkett and soapy were a bit too far away from each other and better sides would have exploited the space right down our centre. Maybe just down to complacency plus it was soapy’s first game back in a long while and done well

I'd say 5 goals but none for Washington

Edited by Hearts007

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Francis Albert

• Marvin

• alwaysthereinspirit

1 minute ago, Hearts007 said:

I'd say 5 goals but none for Washington

Aye was willing the wash to hit the net tries like feck, good team player though

8 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Like us all enjoyed game yesterday and you can see the managers influence already on the team. Being picky for a second thought a few times halkett and soapy were a bit too far away from each other and better sides would have exploited the space right down our centre. Maybe just down to complacency plus it was soapy’s first game back in a long while and done well

I can’t wait to see us try and pass it around our 6-yard box against an SPL team 🙈

Some great interchange up front though and I don’t recall a single aimless punt up to the strikers. Hugely promising all round. 

6 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

There was a few dodgy moments involving the keeper and Halkett leaving himself vulnerable to an over the top ball.

But no recriminations with each other.

Really think team spirit has improved massively.

My other picky moments was Captain Naismiths passing but he is forgiven as his contribution cannot be understated.

At last a captain who captains.

4 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Aye was willing the wash to hit the net tries like feck, good team player though

Yep but need a striker who will score

1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

congratulations...made you sweat though !!

👍

Sure did, was very nearly cashing out to get the stake back, ha! 🇱🇻

2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Exactly this. I can't understand how CL has been given credit for all his work with the young players and yet he was the one who has hung most of them out to dry.

Ok credit to him for signing them in the first place however how many times did we see players such as Cochrane produce good performances only to be ditched out of the squad the next week.

Look at how well Irving has done since DS took charge!!

I am not convinced yet that DS will continue with some of these younger players unless he can't get in the players he wants to help us try and stay in this league.

The good thing for me is the way DS has them wanting to go forward with the ball and encouraging them to take players on and that can only be good for their confidence.

4th paragraph I’d agree with but the point is he’s making these lads part of the main squad and giving them a chance to stake a claim ahead of some players brought to the club who simply weren’t good enough.  👍🏻

1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

4th paragraph I’d agree with but the point is he’s making these lads part of the main squad and giving them a chance to stake a claim ahead of some players brought to the club who simply weren’t good enough.  👍🏻

This is exactly the point. Creating a feeling among the young guys that it could be them in the first team next week will spur them on as well. 

Bazzas right boot
18 hours ago, CurrieDiamond said:

Well that was a chastening experience. Unbeaten record long gone against the Jam Tarts and nothing to get excited about other than being at Tynecastle for the first time in a very long time. 

Might be a while longer at this rate. 

Good luck for the rest of the season. 

Fair doos. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
5 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

On thing that popped into my head about yesterday. The crowd were a lot more forgiving when thing weren't coming off.

We need to encourage players to take risks for a through ball or to take on a man. And not punish them if it fails.

I think they all benefited from a lack of negative shouts when things didn't come off. Need to keep that attitude up.

Stendel wants the players to take risks and not worry about something not working

Our fans need to respect this or trained to deal with this approach!

Not everything will come off but if you want us to attack more and be adventurous on the ball that comes with risks

Booing players when it fails will not help and will directly impact Stendel’s entire philosophy 

Coburg Hearts
20 hours ago, CurrieDiamond said:

Well that was a chastening experience. Unbeaten record long gone against the Jam Tarts and nothing to get excited about other than being at Tynecastle for the first time in a very long time. 

Might be a while longer at this rate. 

I was talking to an Airdrie fan before the game, and he said that most of their fans thought they couldn't get Hearts at a better time.

Said that would have been true had CL still been in charge, but in reality you couldn't get Hearts at a worse time. I wondered if he had thought of my words at the end of the game.

Just to add, he was a very pleasant guy to talk to.

Ex member of the SaS

So much better to get goals and something the team needed. However the ONE thing that got me screaming was they insisted in playing from the back, with them pressing so high it lead to some very dodgy passes across our own six yard box. A better team would have punished such play and something that needs looked at.

Monkey Watcher
On 18/01/2020 at 20:10, Stu_HMFC said:

Must of been watching a different match today then.

I don’t think Hearts were awful 1st half but it was obviously a much more closely contested game in the opening 45 minutes with a fortunate opening goal. 2nd half was when Hearts clearly stepped it up and Airdrie just dropped out the game. Would you disagree with that or the “were awful” bit?