• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Francis Albert

• Marvin

• alwaysthereinspirit

41 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

When you win by 5 you GENERALLY. deserve to win? In the whole history of the game how often has a team winning by 5 not deserved to win?

My youngest Grandson's first game today and he told me Hearts would score five goals because he was five, going to have a serious problem explaining this doesn't happen every week !!! 

Just back from the game. Really enjoyed that today and pass marks for al the players. Some really nice passages of play and happy to see players wanting the ball again. 

Feels strange actually looking forward to the game being on telly later.

maroonlegions
6 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Just back from the game. Really enjoyed that today and pass marks for al the players. Some really nice passages of play and happy to see players wanting the ball again. 

The poison  that was Levin and his backroom staff is now clear to see. Chalk and cheese. Stendal is the man to take us forward and i love what he is trying to do.. No sittng back and shittng it witrh aimless punts by Berra  up to the lump...High pressing , high tempo football putting teams under pressure, feckinmg love it.  FTH. 

Edited by maroonlegions

6 minutes ago, Jerah Jambo said:

My youngest Grandson's first game today and he told me Hearts would score five goals because he was five, going to have a serious problem explaining this doesn't happen every week !!! 

Take your 8 yearold grandchild to the next derby please!!

Better second half performance.

Moore and Henderson were a breath of fresh air.

Some great play on the deck and not one hoof ball all game

Samuel Camazzola
28 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

Bury being expelled from league means only 23 in division I think

👍 Clears it up. 

10 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Take your 8 yearold grandchild to the next derby please!!

I've actually got an eight year old Grandson who was also at the game today, his time will come 🤞

1 minute ago, Jerah Jambo said:

I've actually got an eight year old Grandson who was also at the game today, his time will come 🤞

Ace! Hope the wee one enjoyed it today.

In all honesty, it's been a struggle to engage my kids in it the last couple of years and now they're not overly interested. If the team and stands start buzzing again I'll try them again.

17 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Damn you Craig Halkett. I was counting my winnings with my correct score prediction of 4-0 @ 12/1 when you ruined it for me 😩

Ouch☹️

That was an excellent result for us today.

Yes, it was "only Airdrie", but in the last three years we've had some shocking results against other teams that were like only Airdrie.  

Maybe Stendel can make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

41 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Damn you Craig Halkett. I was counting my winnings with my correct score prediction of 4-0 @ 12/1 when you ruined it for me 😩

I placed this as I was leaving the ground with a minute or two to go.  :pleasing: 

Capture.JPG

My friend was sat in the away end today, he is a rangers fan. He said he thought Hearts were awful first half but transformed second half. Said Clare is our best player. 

3 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

My friend was sat in the away end today, he is a rangers fan. He said he thought Hearts were awful first half but transformed second half. Said Clare is our best player. 

Must of been watching a different match today then.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
1 hour ago, OmiyaHearts said:

It's oan the telly?!?! When?

1 minute ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Must of been watching a different match today then.

He’s a Rangers fan, he knows very little about football.

54 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Better second half performance.

Moore and Henderson were a breath of fresh air.

Some great play on the deck and not one hoof ball all game

Some exceptional long passing from Soapy though.

10 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Just the one Rangers fan in the away end today???

CurrieDiamond

Well that was a chastening experience. Unbeaten record long gone against the Jam Tarts and nothing to get excited about other than being at Tynecastle for the first time in a very long time. 

Might be a while longer at this rate. 

Good luck for the rest of the season. 

1 hour ago, maroonlegions said:

The poison  that was Levin and his backroom staff is now clear to see. Chalk and cheese. Stendal is the man to take us forward and i love what he is trying to do.. No sittng back and shittng it witrh aimless punts by Berra  up to the lump...High pressing , high tempo football putting teams under pressure, feckinmg love it.  FTH. 

Agreed - thought watching Airdrie today was like watching us under CL.

Some of our play was excellent , thought the contribution of Washington worth a mention- his positional play, diagonal runs and especially his quick hold up and bringing other players into play was top notch. Compare to Uche who needs about  4 touches to get the ball under control from Berras big punts.

2 minutes ago, CurrieDiamond said:

Well that was a chastening experience. Unbeaten record long gone against the Jam Tarts and nothing to get excited about other than being at Tynecastle for the first time in a very long time. 

Might be a while longer at this rate. 

Good luck for the rest of the season. 

Best we have played in a while mate.

Good support you had out today, would put a lot of Premier :League clubs to shame!!

What did you think of the stadium now?

All the best.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
1 minute ago, OmiyaHearts said:

It's on Sportscene at half ten. 

Alright, cheers. Thought it might have been shown on Alba. Will probably just see the highlight on youtube. 👍

Well done DS and the boys.

Great performance today. Alright, it was Airdrie, but they have been doing well recently and we just outplayed them, pure and simple 

Our players looking for the ball at all times, trying to make things happen. The goals will build confidence amongst the side. Few more players to come in and all the dead wood being stripped 

whats not to like ? 

Well done Hearts ♥️Oh and GITFRUY Ian Murray ya vermin ponce 🤣

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Me.  MOTM, you heard it here first.

You weren't far wrong. Can I ask why you thought it. 

Must admit pleasant surprise. Hendo and Irving did good too

Tenaciousdandy
1 hour ago, Hearts1975 said:

Well done DS and the boys.

Great performance today. Alright, it was Airdrie, but they have been doing well recently and we just outplayed them, pure and simple 

Our players looking for the ball at all times, trying to make things happen. The goals will build confidence amongst the side. Few more players to come in and all the dead wood being stripped 

whats not to like ? 

Well done Hearts ♥️Oh and GITFRUY Ian Murray ya vermin ponce 🤣

This

The boys put In a great team performance, some nice passing and constantly closing down and movement, great to see them implementing stendals style 

11 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

You weren't far wrong. Can I ask why you thought it. 

Must admit pleasant surprise. Hendo and Irving did good too

Had a hunch and then the idea started to develop when I heard a few folk on here saying that during the training this week we were doing a lot of work with Hendo and Moore wide with Naisy behind Washington.  

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Had a hunch and then the idea started to develop when I heard a few folk on here saying that during the training this week we were doing a lot of work with Hendo and Moore wide with Naisy behind Washington.  

Looking like a man now. Good feet and control. Might drop out for Wednesday but he will be getting more games 

My first look at Stendalls team and was very impressed overall. The quick movement and one touch was a joy to behold at times. They weren't afraid to go for the first time passes and flicks and even when things didn't come off the heads didn't go down and they kept plugging away. No failures anywhere and special praise for Moore and Henderson who were outstanding.

11 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Looking like a man now. Good feet and control. Might drop out for Wednesday but he will be getting more games 

I think he’ll go for the winner stays on approach and leave Moore and Henderson in on Wed.  They’re both direct and track back well to get stuck in.  We’ll need that energy on Wed night.  Don’t think the game suits Walker and Meshino though I wouldn’t be surprised if they come back in against Rangers.  Good to have the options 👍

CurrieDiamond
2 hours ago, merrymac said:

Best we have played in a while mate.

Good support you had out today, would put a lot of Premier :League clubs to shame!!

What did you think of the stadium now?

All the best.

It was a day out for us and so gives a false impression but good to see we can boost our numbers for a big game.

I was pleasantly surprised at the home support in terms of numbers. Much greater numbers than I thought. That will really help us financially.

It’s a good ground In terms of all being one tier and the stands being so steep, but I’d need to see it in a bigger game for you guys to appreciate it. I completely understand why the place would be flat for a visit of a lower league team.

Thought the new main stand would be more corporate in terms of glass fronted boxes which I couldn’t see any of though? 

It will be interesting to see how you get on from here on in.

Shanks said no

Spoke to some Airdrie boys afterwards, consensus was Naismith was the difference from them.

They thought they had a chance until they realised how commanding he was. 

Personally it was more than that but he gives others the fear.

I always said Sean Clare was a player...................

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

16 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Up ye Murray ya vagina faced vermin prick. 

Kevin Kyle improved yer twat featured dish ya pox infested erse.

:fth:

So eloquent as per. Indeed :fth:

11 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Going to ban all these training ground spies. Giving team formation away pre-match :lol:

Seen your post and thought you started drinking too early.

On thing that popped into my head about yesterday. The crowd were a lot more forgiving when thing weren't coming off.

We need to encourage players to take risks for a through ball or to take on a man. And not punish them if it fails.

I think they all benefited from a lack of negative shouts when things didn't come off. Need to keep that attitude up.

I like how he’s trying to strip away the dross and bring the likes of Moore back to give them a chance.  He’s giving a platform to these lads and it’s up to them to sink or swim. 

You wonder what the previous management were thinking by shipping out some of these kids while favouring poor players like Mulraney?  Moore instantly looks like he has more football brain and quality than Mulraney will every have. 

A victory and scoreline most welcome. Whether it’s 2,3 or 4 nil in these matches Hearts are never going to get plaudits as that’s what you expect. But with our recent troubles it’s got to be seen as a move in the right direction. 

16 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I like how he’s trying to strip away the dross and bring the likes of Moore back to give them a chance.  He’s giving a platform to these lads and it’s up to them to sink or swim. 

You wonder what the previous management were thinking by shipping out some of these kids while favouring poor players like Mulraney?  Moore instantly looks like he has more football brain and quality than Mulraney will every have. 

A victory and scoreline most welcome. Whether it’s 2,3 or 4 nil in these matches Hearts are never going to get plaudits as that’s what you expect. But with our recent troubles it’s got to be seen as a move in the right direction. 

Exactly this. I can't understand how CL has been given credit for all his work with the young players and yet he was the one who has hung most of them out to dry.

Ok credit to him for signing them in the first place however how many times did we see players such as Cochrane produce good performances only to be ditched out of the squad the next week.

Look at how well Irving has done since DS took charge!!

I am not convinced yet that DS will continue with some of these younger players unless he can't get in the players he wants to help us try and stay in this league.

The good thing for me is the way DS has them wanting to go forward with the ball and encouraging them to take players on and that can only be good for their confidence.

15 hours ago, Jerah Jambo said:

He's going to be seriously disappointed when he's in his 30s!

It was good to see the difference stendel has made already, with the same players! One/two touches, quick passing and always looking to go forward. None of the crappy slow passing across the back then punt up the park levein tactics. 

It seems stendel will give the young lads more of a chance, mixed with experience. 

Although I thought Airdrie were pretty poor, it was a good game for us to have to play our new way. 

Hopefully we can get boyce in and this Donis guy as a striker and winger are what we need. I thought irving was excellent yesterday but could do with an experienced midfielder to control things along side him. I'm not keen on smith in there. 

Very promising and fingers crossed we can keep it going on Wednesday.

Like us all enjoyed game yesterday and you can see the managers influence already on the team. Being picky for a second thought a few times halkett and soapy were a bit too far away from each other and better sides would have exploited the space right down our centre. Maybe just down to complacency plus it was soapy’s first game back in a long while and done well