Sean Clare

tian447

1 minute ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I thought the original post on the thread was shocking claiming he was decent today.

I’m not defending Sean but who would you have played instead? 

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shaggy

• BackOfTheNet

• Diadora Van Basten

• Phil Dunphy

I thought he was largely ineffective, but the cheering of his substitution was unmerited.  He was nowhere near the worst.

Doesnt look to me like he reacts well to feedback.  Seemed to go in the huff in the first half after Stendel went mental at him because of his positioning.

SectionDJambo

Hearts fans have become the worst in

Scotland for jeering their team. Probably because of the dross we have watched for a good while now, but it doesn’t help.

Cheering Clare going off was a bad as any performance from him has been.

Totally out of order and those who took part should be ashamed, but won’t be.

We are in a big mess and need the team to be encouraged. Their confidence is shot and we aren’t helping.

bigsuperslim1874
2 minutes ago, gedster said:

No reason to embarrassed for anyone except Sean Clare who is a wage thief. Offers nothing to the team, however if I was on a decent wedge I'd happily start for Hearts nine out of ten weeks too whilst never putting in a shift

Totally disagree. He may not be the best but I don’t think he fails to put in a shift. I’d prefer to see him in a properly drilled and coached team.

I just don’t agree with the booing of our own players like that. Maybe Kingston with his antics but that’s about it!

9 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I'll happily take a warning point and a suspension to call you a *****.

😂😂😂

1 minute ago, SectionDJambo said:

Scotland for jeering their team. Probably because of the dross we have watched for a good while now, but it doesn’t help.

We are in a big mess and need the team to be encouraged. Their confidence is shot and we aren’t helping.

Agree with this to be honest. There is actually a part of me that feels sorry for him.  Levein talked him up as a world beater and he is essentially a journeyman.  Having to see psychologists because of the pressure. Must be a superstar in training....

1 hour ago, Sarah O said:

And who can blame him? We really do have some phannies in amongst our "support".

so do you think hes good enough for Hearts.

13 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

I thought he was largely ineffective, but the cheering of his substitution was unmerited.  He was nowhere near the worst.

Doesnt look to me like he reacts well to feedback.  Seemed to go in the huff in the first half after Stendel went mental at him because of his positioning.

We've had numerous "honest pros" in the 42 years I've been following Hearts...........he isn't one of them......or even close

Diadora Van Basten
3 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Our fans are ****ing tragic when it comes to this guy 

I would say they are bang on the money.

30 minutes ago, gedster said:

No reason to embarrassed for anyone except Sean Clare who is a wage thief. Offers nothing to the team, however if I was on a decent wedge I'd happily start for Hearts nine out of ten weeks too whilst never putting in a shift

Why embarrassed???

I'm no fan of Clare, but thought he was improved today. Made more of a contribution than Bozanic, Whelan and Walker.  Was surprised when he was subbed off before any of them.  

14 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Our fans are ****ing tragic when it comes to this guy 

This. He did more than anyone else in the first ten minutes, then after one bad pass, the knives were out. Makes me sick — as does the **** above.

1 hour ago, Barack said:

He'll be gone in the summer. At his own request, imo.

Should look at a change of career as he ain't a footballer. 

From beginning to end he is a shitebag. The worst of Leveins signings can't run can't jump ffs hes soft cant jump his height and he's soft as shite.

Anyone want to jump on this thread and defend him?  Awful awful player. What formation would suit him........

3 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Not for me. Too lightweight, never reads a ball into someone else he can play off.

How often does he get efforts on goal or plays a telling pass?  I. Just think he’s part of the problem of where we are. 

Agreed. He produces the square root of feck all. He’s as good as a man short. Make him available for transfer in January and watch absolutely no one come in for him. 

1 hour ago, dc-jambo said:

This. He did more than anyone else in the first ten minutes, then after one bad pass, the knives were out. Makes me sick — as does the **** above.

Did more more than anyone else in the first ten minutes. You, actually, typed, that! 😂😂

26 minutes ago, Glottis said:

Thought he was the wrong person to take off.

Didn't play great but showed he might have a future with us

Strange taking him off, stranger was taking Jamie Walker off.

3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

This thread is going to be a catastrophe.

FWIW he wasn’t as poor as Whelan or Bozanic.

Agreed Bobby too - anybody seen the boy Silva in goals??

I have generally been supportive of him but Based on yesterday’s performance Clare shouldn’t play for Hearts again. Call me off fashioned but I expect inside forwards to beat defenders and try to score. Wee boys up the park are more positive than he was.

11 hours ago, stotty said:

Not a fan of Clare (mostly because he frustrates me as I think he has ability) but he was far from the worst today and the reaction to him being taken off was out of order. 

Was well in line with his performances since he joined us, rank rotten, be glad never to see him a hearts strip again

11 hours ago, tian447 said:

I thought he was one of our better outlets this afternoon, willing to take a touch and more importantly drive forwards. Yes, a few misplaced passes were there, but I thought he was doing well.  He was making good runs down the sides and the through ball option was constantly ignored in favour of a mindless pump forward, when in fact he was much better placed to do something with it.

Yes, his goal attempt was comical, but that's to be expected from a player who gets shouted at every single second of a match from the crowd.

Booing him and applauding his substitution was an absolutely rotten thing to do, and we as a support should be much better than that.  How are our players supposed to perform when everyone is on their backs?  No wonder there is no creative play or effort in the team, because if it doesn't come off, you get that kind of response. 

The football is shite, but we need to be far more supportive than we are. 

A ****ing imposter. Any debate that he is a talented player struggling to put it together should be chucked in the bin. 

No discernible talent or skill. Chicken hearted, work shy prick like most around him but still seems to be defended by some. Unbelievable.

Captain Canada

Players worse than Clare yesterday: 

Bobby, Berra, Bozanic, Walker, MacLean, Keena Meshino and arguably Whelan too. 

He didn't play well but the reaction to him going off was poor and will only damage his confidence further. 

4 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

Players worse than Clare yesterday: 

Bobby, Berra, Bozanic, Walker, MacLean, Keena Meshino and arguably Whelan too. 

He didn't play well but the reaction to him going off was poor and will only damage his confidence further. 

Walker was better. Actually showed some skill at times and created one of our only chances.

what exactly is it Clare did that gave him a better game than anyone of the above (quite happy to admit the bar is very low) ?

I hate to be so critical and single a particular player out but he’s consistently awful. Also doesn’t seem to take any coaching or advice onboard from people around him. 

pettigrewsstylist
10 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Agree, but i can see the positives in DS grasping the fans exasperation at this early stage and not being persuaded otherwise by anyone......

A_A wehatethehibs

Send him to Cowdenbeath on loan and bring back Connor Smith.

I was going to say swap him for Cochrane at Dunfermline but Clare wouldn’t be good enough for them 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, The Kdogg said:

Says it all about the “support” yesterday. It was like a library until the chance to boo one of our own players. 

neither wonder. Bozanic was worse in terms of talent but at least he tried

It has't worked out for Clare since joining us. He needs to move to another club in order to get his career back on track and so we can find a better replacement who is capable of playing at this level. Same applies for most of the squad.

No surprise to see which posters trying to back up their reasons for the unnecessary abuse this lad gets from the mouth breathers in our support. 

You’re best not coming to watch Hearts for a while if you think that was appropriate yesterday. 

Nowhere near our worst performer yesterday. Showed for the ball more than anyone in the first half and didnt hide at all. We have absolute pish poor forwards and no movement, so he had no one to play off. Walker was shite. He is a lazy lazy player who will not last long under the new management, but somehow people rating him higher than Clare yesterday. 

11 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

so do you think hes good enough for Hearts.

Right now? Yes. 

He's not our worst player. 

27 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

Nowhere near our worst performer yesterday. Showed for the ball more than anyone in the first half and didnt hide at all. We have absolute pish poor forwards and no movement, so he had no one to play off. Walker was shite. He is a lazy lazy player who will not last long under the new management, but somehow people rating him higher than Clare yesterday. 

Nail. Head.

Folk expect him to be getting assists and scoring goals while he's got Steven MacLean to aim for are deluding themselves.

Strictly judged on yesterday alone not sure he deserved to be subbed before McLean, Walker, Whelan or Bozanic. Especially McLean who put in as bad a 90mins as I can remember. 

The booing his departure was very sad to hear. 

He was far from our worst performer yesterday and did not deserve the jeering from our "supporters" as he went off. 

Tynecastle is an awful place to go at the moment but those who jeer our own are only making it worse.

Clare is not a footballer. He is a charlatan with a chicken heart who does not give 100% in any game ive seen. So many occasions he just does his wee half hearted jog back after giving the ball away yet again. Yes whelan and bozanic were equally poor and they too should be nowhere near our team. All this nonsense saying, aw it wasnt clares day.... has it ever been his day in 18 months or so hes been here!?? Hes had more than enough chances but he just doesnt have the ability, desire,fight, work rate, mentality. You know, things that should be a given, not a luxury.