How did the clubs who sold us dross feel when they cashed their cheques

Deodato

Levein's transfer strategy was weird. He signed a lot of dross - known dross. 

Take Olly Lee, well known for being lazy at Luton - renowned for being lazy - and they offloaded him to us - they must have been laughing at our naivety.

I go through all his transfers and all I see is players that were 'known gash' and came to us and kept their reputation. 

Can't help feeling there's a bunch of clubs wiih a bunch of cash laughing at us for being gullible for taking their gash players off their wage bill.

We signed Olly Lee as a free agent. Luton apparently tried to keep him.

I don’t understand this thread. Very few clubs have received money from us for any of our current players. 

8 minutes ago, Peebo said:

I don’t understand this thread. Very few clubs have received money from us for any of our current players. 

I think the OP meant to post this on the Arsenal forum.

been here before

40 minutes ago, Deodato said:

Take Olly Lee, well known for being lazy at Luton - renowned for being lazy - and they offloaded him to us - they must have been laughing at our naivety.

I go through all his transfers and all I see is players that were 'known gash' and came to us and kept their reputation. 

Can't help feeling there's a bunch of clubs wiih a bunch of cash laughing at us for being gullible for taking their gash players off their wage bill.

You've not really thought this through too well have you?

Levein did not have a strategy. He signed individuals who, on paper are actually very good (Whelan, Naismith, Haring etc) but do not work in our team as there is no clear plan or philosophy.

Bridge of Djoum
1 hour ago, Peebo said:

Don't use facts, let them misguidedly seethe away. 

1 hour ago, Deodato said:

No quality out wide or options to change our look. 

Stendel must be chuffed. 

Olly Lee is slower than a week in jail, but was the only player who could deliver a corner/cross and was useful at set pieces. 

Holyrood_Hearts

Good grief is there any need. We can all see how bad it without pointless threads like this.

it’s only football, take a night off pal 

Our squad is shite a handful of half decent players mostly injured all part and parcel of a 3 year shit show

No quick fix  what a waste

Is what it is let's not repeat the same mistakes time and again

Fair ways back our own fault but done and dealt

Stay up this season and build from there

Such a waste but it is wahaty it is.

Allowayjambo1874

Apart from wighton we’ve only paid cash for Clare.

To answer the OPs original question probably the same way we felt when we trousered a million for Sow who had 6 months left on his contract 

6 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Mods would be better shutting this place down after we lose.

Embarrassing.

Indeed.

fix the confidence issue that the players have and we rise like a rocket.

Ryo a classic example - a complete shadow today of the player compared to when he joined us. 

Stendel has a big job on his hands - he has to make the players believe 

Leveins Battalion
13 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Mods would be better shutting this place down after we lose.

Embarrassing.

So just shut it down weekly.

4 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

Indeed.

fix the confidence issue that the players have and we rise like a rocket.

Ryo a classic example - a complete shadow today of the player compared to when he joined us. 

Stendel has a big job on his hands - he has to make the players believe 

Their not that good mate , better than their current position yep but not by much

Poor players and the half decent ones injuried

Long way back or are we still building a team round Naismith ?

46 minutes ago, glynnlondon said:

Their not that good mate , better than their current position yep but not by much

Poor players and the half decent ones injuried

Long way back or are we still building a team round Naismith ?

Agree to disagree mate. Some of them were part of the team topping the table previously.  All pro sport is all about the top 6 inches of a person. I do think that in three months time we'll reflect on one or two players and think 'Christ, why didn't we play him earlier'.

good point re: Naismith. Stendel I feel will build a team - who the individuals in the team will be irrelevant.

15 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

Agree to disagree mate. Some of them were part of the team topping the table previously.  All pro sport is all about the top 6 inches of a person. I do think that in three months time we'll reflect on one or two players and think 'Christ, why didn't we play him earlier'.

good point re: Naismith. Stendel I feel will build a team - who the individuals in the team will be irrelevant.

It was what, ten games when we topped the league? Surely the next 40 or so is a better indicator of where our squad is really at?

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

It was what, ten games when we topped the league? Surely the next 40 or so is a better indicator of where our squad is really at?

Yeap. But maybe also an indicator that over those 40 games the confidence slipped away.

within any squad you have players who are rock solid and will not let confidence affect them a huge amount. In our squad, I include Berra, Souttar, Smith, Whelan, Naismith, Uche, Walker, Washington.

sadly none of the above have played together constantly to weather the storm