Press conferences

ramrod

Quite a few criticisms from fans and the media of Daniels first one , rightly or wrongly. 

Hope going forward we nip any  contract dispute question in the bud and the media are told no questions wil be answered in the future by the manager until it's settled one way or the other  . 

The last thing the new manager needs is  to be constantly fielding questions on this rather than footballing matters . 

Hopefully a statement is made before the next presser and the goon squad are told they'll be emptied if this isn't adhered to . 

Big Slim Stylee
34 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Quite a few criticisms from fans and the media of Daniels first one , rightly or wrongly. 

Hope going forward we nip any  contract dispute question in the bud and the media are told no questions wil be answered in the future by the manager until it's settled one way or the other  . 

The last thing the new manager needs is  to be constantly fielding questions on this rather than footballing matters . 

Hopefully a statement is made before the next presser and the goon squad are told they'll be emptied if this isn't adhered to . 

Not a fan of stage-managing stuff. He's a big boy. I'm sure he's capable of looking after himself.

4 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Not a fan of stage-managing stuff. He's a big boy. I'm sure he's capable of looking after himself.

Of course he is , but the salient point is that the managers presser should be about all things football and perhaps how he's settling in to life in Scotland. Ann needs to take charge of the legal side and make sure Daniel is commenting solely on footballing matters . 

You can bet your bottom dollar that big balloon from the BBCs first question tomorrow won't be football related , he's not interested in that side of it given Tuesdays efforts. 

20 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Correct. ‘No comment, should be his answer if he feels they are going off topic. 

2 minutes ago, euan 10 said:

Hearts should do what Liverpool have done with the sun just ban the gutter press from tynecastle 

Who would we invite? 🤷🏼‍♂️

It would appear we didn't get all of the first conference on the Hearts TV.

Obviously Ann spoke a bit more in depth about AM and CL as well as Stendel talking more about Hearts as well as a bit about his life.

Would have been nice to see the whole thing. Is there usually a pre match press conference? And if so when?

Apologies for the Hamiltonesque questioning but never been bothered with press conferences.....until now.

PhoenixHearts
2 minutes ago, jambogemz said:

It would appear we didn't get all of the first conference on the Hearts TV.

Obviously Ann spoke a bit more in depth about AM and CL as well as Stendel talking more about Hearts as well as a bit about his life.

Would have been nice to see the whole thing. Is there usually a pre match press conference? And if so when?

Apologies for the Hamiltonesque questioning but never been bothered with press conferences.....until now.

Usually there's a press conference with the manager and another with one of the players a couple days before a game.

I think for a Saturday game it's usually up on HeartsTV on the Thursday evening, but I may be mistaken. Maybe Friday?

It may also have been put off or delayed due to the nature of this week with Stendel settling in etc.

1 minute ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Usually there's a press conference with the manager and another with one of the players a couple days before a game.

I think for a Saturday game it's usually up on HeartsTV on the Thursday evening, but I may be mistaken. Maybe Friday?

It may also have been put off or delayed due to the nature of this week with Stendel settling in etc.

Perfect, thanks for the info mate.

I'll keep a look out for it tonight/tomorrow. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, ramrod said:

He was maybe a bit taken aback by our illustrious media's tone and approach, coming from Barnsley where the local media no doubt get behind the local team a lot more, and the national media don't take much interest. It's a much bigger job with much more scrutiny, which I'm sure he'll realise and adjust to soon enough. He seems like a streetwise sort who can give as good as he gets though.

The problem is there are an awfy lot of thin-skinned people in our media who really do hold grudges and use their positions to wage personal battles.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Thought he handled himself very well. He didn't bother answering the repetitive Barnsley questions but most managers wouldn't given the ongoing legal threats.

His English is very good. If people want to find fault they will regardless.

1 hour ago, ramrod said:

The press secretary should be running almost chairing these conferences it looked DS/AB were out there on their own ? 

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

He was maybe a bit taken aback by our illustrious media's tone and approach, coming from Barnsley where the local media no doubt get behind the local team a lot more, and the national media don't take much interest. It's a much bigger job with much more scrutiny, which I'm sure he'll realise and adjust to soon enough. He seems like a streetwise sort who can give as good as he gets though.

The problem is there are an awfy lot of thin-skinned people in our media who really do hold grudges and use their positions to wage personal battles.

Very good post.

Generally speaking I think we tell the media far too much. Obviously as fans it's great getting so much information but I don't think the owner or manager should feel obliged to answer every question or give so much detail.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

It's simple,Hearts need to toughen up to the gutter media.

It used to be possible to identify the gutter media by the big red masthead. Not any more.

coatbridgejambo
1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

It's simple,Hearts need to toughen up to the gutter media.

Agreed.they walk on egg shells round the OF but right in there with others trying to cause disharmon. Graeme spears = the C word.

PhoenixHearts
15 minutes ago, Blackshades said:

Wouldn't be at all surprised if mcphee does the press conference again this week

But Daniel Stendel is the manager, so he'll do the manager's press conference.

MacPhee isn't, therefore he won't do the manager's press conference.

It's really quite simple.

3 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

But Daniel Stendel is the manager, so he'll do the manager's press conference.

MacPhee isn't, therefore he won't do the manager's press conference.

It's really quite simple.

No it's not hearts can put whoever they want up for a pre match conference

3 minutes ago, Blackshades said:

No it's not hearts can put whoever they want up for a pre match conference

It would be ridiculous though, that clown doing it. 🙄

5 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

It would be ridiculous though, that clown doing it. 🙄

I'm not for one minute saying he should .I'm just saying to wouldn't surprise me if he did it 

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Down here, the main coverage of Barnsley FC locally is in the Barnsley Chronicle.  Generally supportive, I think, although it's not a paper I see very often.  The Sheffield Star (equivalent to the EEN) has some coverage but it is usually along the same lines as the EEN wouold give to Livvy or Edinburgh City.  The Yorkshire Post is the nearest to regular "national" coverage and is very similar to the Star (although, in their defence, they have ten league clubs to cover).  Coverage from the nationals is virtually non-existent, unless something exciting happens (e.g. the Stendel story or one about a squabble between Stendel and Joey Barton).

This story is worth reading; it illustrates Tykes fans feelings for the man and his work: https://www.barnsleychronicle.com/article/stendel-into-the-sunset-is-captured

Edited by Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
Spelling errors

10 minutes ago, Blackshades said:

I'm not for one minute saying he should .I'm just saying to wouldn't surprise me if he did it 

Yeah, fair enough. 

2 hours ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Not when there is legal action and lawyers involved he can't. 

Big Slim Stylee
2 hours ago, luckydug said:

Not when there is legal action and lawyers involved he can't. 

“No comment” works fine? - as DM notes above. Not difficult, chap.

Edited by Big Slim Stylee

rudi must stay
4 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

From what I’ve read so far, he seemed

much more assured at the pre-match presser. Promising.

What he do wrong in the first?

Thought he did absolutely fine infact for Hearts it was dull and uneventful 

7 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

What he do wrong in the first?

Thought he did absolutely fine infact for Hearts it was dull and uneventful 

I didn’t say he did anything wrong. 👍

rudi must stay

As press conferences go that was very good. He can appear quite aloof as Cathro did at times but behind that there's a smart guy with plenty confidence in himself. Very honest and open man. What I liked best is he's not some dictator, if they can't do some of his tactics yet that's fine he's patient. We need a manager like this for the long term future

I have not been as excited about Hearts since Neilson 

18 hours ago, Blackshades said:

Wouldn't be at all surprised if mcphee does the press conference again this week

I was totally wrong . Even more excited for tomorrow after listening to Daniels press conference .love the man already, just praying we get off to a great start🙏

mainstandjambo
20 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Who's the moron trying to set him up with the "do you go to Craig" line of questioning?

Brian McLauchlin of BBC.

Brauhauser2012
1 hour ago, mainstandjambo said:

Brian McLauchlin of BBC.

Yeah, I take exception to this line of questioning. Its trying to sow division.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50778706

Andy's the only one I trust and I have no time for Levein headlines... 😡 not amused.

Stendel is a foreign national and a little clumsy with his English at present. It doesn't mean others (read press officers) have a right to be a dick to him. The unspoken suggestion he should be taking on the previous managers assistants really irritates me. Why would he, I mean its not like they were successful.

Edited by Brauhauser2012

2 hours ago, Brauhauser2012 said:

Andy's the only one I trust and I have no time for Levein headlines... 😡 not amused.

Stendel is a foreign national and a little clumsy with his English at present. It doesn't mean others (read press officers) have a right to be a dick to him. The unspoken suggestion he should be taking on the previous managers assistants really irritates me. Why would he, I mean its not like they were successful.

And what's wrong with that? :D He can have no time for Levein the rest of the season thanks.

Guest ToqueJambo
4 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Who's the moron trying to set him up with the "do you go to Craig" line of questioning?

They did it with Cathro. "Will you be picking the team Ian?" Arseholes.

5 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Very weak journalism 

infact pathetic 

3 hours ago, Brauhauser2012 said:

I agree. Strikes me a wee sweetie wife this McLaughlin.