Predictions for Sportsound tonight

Juanjo

3 minutes ago, Graham Thomson said:

I remember my Dad saying to me in the 60s that the BBC Sport either radio or TV never sacked anyone, for years it was David Francie, he was useless. 

Not forgetting Archie McPherson on TV

The BBC in Scotland have never improved, it's still a job for life no matter how useless you are!

Safest job(s) in world football?!

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Coburg Hearts

• sadj

• Juanjo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Horatio Caine

I listen with some amusement to these clowns.  And now on Saturday afternoons they have someone (choose your clown) assigned to be their `VAR`.  What a joke.  It's like kids role playing.  Their judgements mean the square root of feck all yet we still have to listen to their VAR proclaiming on the rights and wrongs of decisions.  Last Saturday it was Chick Young ffs.

2 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

In the past it has been Packy Bonner, on a day when Celtic aren't playing. 

He probably still claimed they had 3 stonewallers denied by the ref!! 

Seymour M Hersh
10 hours ago, Gizmo said:

Has "Dick" Gordon come up with a derogatory nick-name for Stendel yet?

I'm guessing it'll be something groundbreaking and hilarious like "Apfelstrudel" even although that's originally Austrian (close enough for that eejit).

11 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Oh my god. Miller gets worse. It actually is great marketing as many fans like getting kits with no sponsor. And that black kit is one of our best sellers!

You could tell he was loving having a dig at us, he is utterly clueless.

9 hours ago, Graham Thomson said:

I remember my Dad saying to me in the 60s that the BBC Sport either radio or TV never sacked anyone, for years it was David Francie, he was useless. 

Not forgetting Archie McPherson on TV

The BBC in Scotland have never improved, it's still a job for life no matter how useless you are!

They were going to 'sack' Chick Young. But his son died in an accident. 

13 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Hopefully have recognised Celtic's unbelievable achievement in winning 10 Cups in a row 

Reluctantly, I'm sure the Celtic fans would be none too pleased if they hadn't been doubled up in tears of laughter. Primary focus was off course on Rangers and in particular Morelos and whether or not he has a mental block when it comes to Celtic - issue was flogged to the brink of death, resuscitated and brought out to be flogged again. It was actually one of the poorest Sportsound episodes I can remember and that bar is lower than a snakes belly. Really fed up with the old pals act that is that program and upset that I am compelled to pay towards it - given that it's basically an advertorial for the ugly sisters perhaps they should fund it?

...a bit disco
15 hours ago, Gizmo said:

Has "Dick" Gordon come up with a derogatory nick-name for Stendel yet?

Expect something like Herr Crazy Spendel after his first signing. 

13 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Oh my god. Miller gets worse. It actually is great marketing as many fans like getting kits with no sponsor. And that black kit is one of our best sellers!

It sounds a bit like he is going down the route of his old buddy McLeish.

I expected nothing and got even less. 

Did we reject Ian McCall as a player or did he find one of us in bed with his Mrs? What a miserable, Hearts hating, hairy wee freak. 

It's us against them, folks. Let's back Daniel to the hilt and girfu the lot of them. 

12 minutes ago, martoon said:

I expected nothing and got even less. 

Did we reject Ian McCall as a player or did he find one of us in bed with his Mrs? What a miserable, Hearts hating, hairy wee freak. 

It's us against them, folks. Let's back Daniel to the hilt and girfu the lot of them. 

I've just finished work and turned it on expecting them to be discussing our new manager. Nope, it was that w*** McCall talking rubbish as usual. What was he saying about Hearts? Bad foreigner taking a job that should have been given to one of his BBC pals?

Ian McCall saying get doesn’t know “what a good fit is” then saying Robbo would of been “a good fit”

😂😂😂😂😂😂

says it all. Roaster.

Then him and that tool McFadden saying his track record isn’t good etc. Have they not got researchers? Maybe look at the guys win ratio ffs.

that program is shameful. How about some positivity? Nope. Without Tom English that program is a bias piece of shite

1 minute ago, tokyowalnut said:

I've just finished work and turned it on expecting them to be discussing our new manager. Nope, it was that w*** McCall talking rubbish as usual. What was he saying about Hearts? Bad foreigner taking a job that should have been given to one of his BBC pals?

Shocking. 

Not just him but McFadden, too. "Who's going to be in charge", he said, "no one knows".

Yes, we do. 

Raymond Reddington

They referenced that we could be in the same position as hibs were when they got relegated, we could beleive we are to good to go down.  Taking a risk appointing a foreign manager. Hibs appointed an experienced manager in butcher how did that go?

3 minutes ago, martoon said:

Shocking. 

Not just him but McFadden, too. "Who's going to be in charge", he said, "no one knows".

Yes, we do. 

😅 crazy! I thought the announcement of our new first team manager was enough but it seems some of these rockets actually need everything explained to them! 

Guest ToqueJambo
16 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

When was the last Scottish manager of Celtic? 

Celtic have had ONE Scottish manager in the last 20 years.

Rangers have had ONE in 9 years (not counting caretakers).

This is the same kind of reporting we got when Romanov arrived and we recruited lots of foreign players. Celtic and Rangers had been doing that for years, with gushing double page spreads and fawning interviews announcing the arrival of every foreign import. We still fielded teams with fewer imports than Celtic and Rangers under Romanov, but the press laid into us for playing "foreigners." 

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
9 minutes ago, Raymond Reddington said:

They referenced that we could be in the same position as hibs were when they got relegated, we could beleive we are to good to go down.  Taking a risk appointing a foreign manager. Hibs appointed an experienced manager in butcher how did that go?

Butcher of course was also a foreign manager.

5 out of the 12 spfl teams are managed by Scots , does that slavering ***** McCall comment on the other 7 ? ( well 6 not including us)

Edited by 3fingersreid

part_time_jambo
12 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

They were going to 'sack' Chick Young. But his son died in an accident. 

Sympathies obviously, but did that make him better at his job?

The BBC punditry (excluding Tom English) is moving from uninformed and lazy to downright ignorant and xenophobic.

The on air apology/not an apology was no more than lip service. Like naughty children saying sorry because their mother told them too.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, jambo mark said:

The BBC punditry (excluding Tom English) is moving from uninformed and lazy to downright ignorant and xenophobic.

The on air apology/not an apology was no more than lip service. Like naughty children saying sorry because their mother told them too.

The question is why? Why aren't the editors and producers telling them to pull themselves together?

We've just seen a very stark contrast between the reporting of Ross arriving at Hibs and Stendel at Hearts. Despite on paper at least Stendel being an obviously better appointment, whether it's the level they managed at, how they did or just the football they played, Ross had overwhelmingly favourable press and Stendel's been overwhelmingly negative.

And it's not new. The Neilson appointment was criticised as unfair to Locke. Cathro was cautiously welcomed as something different but that proved to be just lip service when his results when downhill. And Levein's appointment was also ridiculed. So that's three Scottish managers - one Ross-type rookie, one complete novice and one former international manager. Now we've appointed someone in the middle of all that - and we still get stick for it. Incredible.

It was embarrassing listening to them talk about Stendel’s appointment tonight. Parochial in the extreme and so short sighted. I hope Stendel  proves all these backward thinking pundits wrong. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Cathro wasn’t welcomed at all - only Sutton and English gave us a vague thumbs up for giving the guy a chance - everyone else slated it.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

1 minute ago, Fareastjambo said:

It was embarrassing listening to them talk about Stendel’s appointment tonight. Parochial in the extreme and so short sighted. I hope Stendel  proves all these backward thinking pundits wrong. 

Spot on. 

Then they moved onto some fascinating insight into Partick Thistle, purely because Ian McCall is one of their panelists. 

James McFadden is one of the worst pundits going. Loved him as a player for Scotland, but he is so ill informed about most things related to Scottish football and seems to have an issue with Hearts. He was another reason why McLeish did so bad as Scotland manager. 

1 minute ago, karipidis said:

James McFadden is one of the worst pundits going. Loved him as a player for Scotland, but he is so ill informed about most things related to Scottish football and seems to have an issue with Hearts. He was another reason why McLeish did so bad as Scotland manager. 

Was McFadden not with us as a youngster and 'let go'?

Guest ToqueJambo

Proper pundits would be asking what Hearts need (and have stated they are looking for in a manager), which is:

Experience but still young and ambitious

High tempo football to get the fans on their feet

Motivator and man manager to get the players onside

Popular figure with fans

Proven to be good at working with youngsters, and willing to do that

Can work with an SD

Stendel has all of that. I haven't listened tonight but if they are seriously focusing on his lack of Scottish experience or still bumping their gums about the time it took (despite now knowing the reasons), that's a complete embarrassment.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Does feel the media have a dislike of Hearts for various reasons. 

The Scottish football pundit community clearly don’t like a big job like Hearts not being offered to the fraternity. They didn’t like it with Cathro, they don’t really like it with McPhee still being around the club. 

The annoying thing is they were right about Cathro, they were then negative and right to be so about Levein. They are sceptical about Stendel now, for some bad reasons like they’ve never heard of him and he’s not a gid Scottish lad that has not proven himself yet.

I just genuinely hope they are very wrong this time.  

Seymour M Hersh
24 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

The question is why? Why aren't the editors and producers telling them to pull themselves together?

We've just seen a very stark contrast between the reporting of Ross arriving at Hibs and Stendel at Hearts. Despite on paper at least Stendel being an obviously better appointment, whether it's the level they managed at, how they did or just the football they played, Ross had overwhelmingly favourable press and Stendel's been overwhelmingly negative.

And it's not new. The Neilson appointment was criticised as unfair to Locke. Cathro was cautiously welcomed as something different but that proved to be just lip service when his results when downhill. And Levein's appointment was also ridiculed. So that's three Scottish managers - one Ross-type rookie, one complete novice and one former international manager. Now we've appointed someone in the middle of all that - and we still get stick for it. Incredible.

In practice as well considering he got Barnsley automatic promotion from the same league as Sunderland managed by Ross.

Seymour M Hersh
16 minutes ago, Musemic said:

Was McFadden not with us as a youngster and 'let go'?

Yes and no. He was with us but I think his dad hated the travel involved to training and he left. Could be wrong but I'm sure that's what I heard years ago. 

43 minutes ago, jambo mark said:

What was frustrating was that after MacPhee deconstructed Preston’s ramble, Preston was never made to respond on air as far as I heard.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
20 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Does feel the media have a dislike of Hearts for various reasons. 

The Scottish football pundit community clearly don’t like a big job like Hearts not being offered to the fraternity. They didn’t like it with Cathro, they don’t really like it with McPhee still being around the club. 

The annoying thing is they were right about Cathro, they were then negative and right to be so about Levein. They are sceptical about Stendel now, for some bad reasons like they’ve never heard of him and he’s not a gid Scottish lad that has not proven himself yet.

I just genuinely hope they are very wrong this time.  

Thick idiots like that can’t keep being right. Surely...:.

Michael Stewart has got into all their heads. And they take his word as gospel. It needs banned. He has a free reign every week and gets away with it. 

SectionDJambo

Haven’t listened to Sportsound for a very long time, due to the amateurish presentation and idiotic opinion of their pundits.

But from what I read on here from guys who have tuned in, I’d be as well listening to some old punters, who don’t go to football, in the local pub.

Criticise Hearts for not hiring a Scottish manager, whilst 6 other clubs in the division, including Celtic and Rangers, have non Scottish managers.

Take the mickey out of Austin MacPhee for wearing a suit whilst caretaker manager. Childish at best, and I’ll be fairly sure they said nothing about Big Dunc wearing a suit last weekend.

Criticise Hearts for not having a sponsor on their shirts at Motherwell, when the home side also had no sponsor on their shirt. Quite happy for betting companies to dominate the shirt sponsorship in our division, given the damage that encouraging betting can do to families in this country.

For all his faults, Romanov providing these idiots with monkey nuts was understandable.

Tom English being the honourable exception.

Edited by SectionDJambo

Frank Sidebottom

The jobs for the boys Largs Mafia out in full force at the moment.  Not a good word to say because one of their mates didn’t get the gig. 

I also felt JJ could have been a bit more positive about it. 

4 minutes ago, Frank Sidebottom said:

The jobs for the boys Largs Mafia out in full force at the moment.  Not a good word to say because one of their mates didn’t get the gig. 

I also felt JJ could have been a bit more positive about it. 

Could it be that JJ is miffed he wasn’t one of the people Ann consulted our that she didn’t go with his pick? 

Either way would have expected JJ to be more positive. Hopefully we find him an ambassador role in the future.

Ian McCall was very negative. Out with the line why don’t English managers get the big jobs down south. Implying foreigners get the bigger jobs. Spoke like a brexiteer

52 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Proper pundits would be asking what Hearts need (and have stated they are looking for in a manager), which is:

Experience but still young and ambitious

High tempo football to get the fans on their feet

Motivator and man manager to get the players onside

Popular figure with fans

Proven to be good at working with youngsters, and willing to do that

Can work with an SD

Stendel has all of that. I haven't listened tonight but if they are seriously focusing on his lack of Scottish experience or still bumping their gums about the time it took (despite now knowing the reasons), that's a complete embarrassment.

Something like this 

Guest ToqueJambo
12 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Ian McCall was very negative. Out with the line why don’t English managers get the big jobs down south. Implying foreigners get the bigger jobs. Spoke like a brexiteer

It's also weird because one of Scotland's best exports has been our football managers. I'm sure Hearts would have jumped at the chance to get Davie Moyes in but he wants to work in England.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Something like this 

Love that. If it was Rangers who had appointed him, they'd be salivating and focusing on all of these things - youth, great football, great personality. ****ing disgraceful coverage of him joining us. Compare and contrast with Warburton joining Rangers and Delia jointing Celtic. Warburton in particular had a less impressive background than Stendel.

22 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Love that. If it was Rangers who had appointed him, they'd be salivating and focusing on all of these things - youth, great football, great personality. ****ing disgraceful coverage of him joining us. Compare and contrast with Warburton joining Rangers and Delia jointing Celtic. Warburton in particular had a less impressive background than Stendel.

Having just listened to the press conference I guess they don't have any respect for him as his English isn't fluent. 

But he gave a very clear message of getting players to play with more confidence and get forward. Which I thought was how we all want to play in Scotland. 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Having just listened to the press conference I guess they don't have any respect for him as his English isn't fluent. 

But he gave a very clear message of getting players to play with more confidence and get forward. Which I thought was how we all want to play in Scotland. 

It's this that makes me furious. Like the BBC's senior football reporter openly laughing at Malofeev on air or Richard Gordon calling McPhee ***** McPhee or Willie Miller being Willie Miller. Complete lack of respect. A grown-up, Michael O'Neill, called them out on it, saying their coverage was too personal (which is the same thing as a lack of respect), and that shamed them into the apology.

Edited by ToqueJambo

55 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Not at all a fan of his, never speaks well of us - looking forward to him getting emptied by Thistle.

7 hours ago, Jap Jambo said:

Not at all a fan of his, never speaks well of us - looking forward to him getting emptied by Thistle.

Yip. "I just don't see a good track record in him" comment was priceless. 

So, Ian how is life at 2nd bottom Partick thistle ya prick. Still enjoyed when he was at dunfermline & Davie  kirkwood spent the entire game booting him in the air at Tynecastle. 

Edited by chubby1973

On 09/12/2019 at 21:06, ToqueJambo said:

A man who couldn't even sell fish & chips!!