Big Dunc

Maroon Sailor

My recollection is that the SFA insisted his ban could not be served concurrently with the prison sentence. He was absolutely justified in feeling very hard done by IMO.

29 minutes ago, stirlo said:

My recollection is that the SFA insisted his ban could not be served concurrently with the prison sentence. He was absolutely justified in feeling very hard done by IMO.

That rings a bell. 

I remember thinking at the time, as I still do now, that the police charging a player for what he does on the field sets a dangerous precedent. There is no excuse for rapping the nut on someone under any circumstances, but how many things do we see happen that if you did them on the street you'd be nicked? Spitting at people, racist abuse, horrific tackles. 

The fact that he (as far as I know) is the only player in Britain to be locked up for something tells you something. 

Shanks said no
3 hours ago, Tazio said:

Including, if I remember rightly, assaults on an off duty police officer and someone on crutches. 

And the boy on crutches was a Jambo who he punched and kicked.

A thread glorifying a thug who assaulted one of our own.

Loved big Duncan disorderly.  Don't know if it's true or BS, but big Hateley supposedly gave him a right good slap.

5 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Did not know that actually. 😳

What’s the story behind the incident? 

2 hours ago, trotter said:

I remember thinking at the time, as I still do now, that the police charging a player for what he does on the field sets a dangerous precedent. There is no excuse for rapping the nut on someone under any circumstances, but how many things do we see happen that if you did them on the street you'd be nicked? Spitting at people, racist abuse, horrific tackles. 

The fact that he (as far as I know) is the only player in Britain to be locked up for something tells you something. 

It definitely remains something of an anomaly. Generally the forces of law and order have been very reluctant to get involved in on-field issues. IIRC the Levein/Hogg incident happened around the same time and that was not considered a police matter. All in all you can understand why Ferguson felt very hard done by.

6 hours ago, benny said:

He scored 11 league goals twice in the English top league.

Not quite the top centre forward mentioned on this thread.

To be fair, he was never renowned for being a prolific goal scorer, even in Scotland. 

There was so much more to his game than scoring goals. 

He could easily have been one of the best forwards Scotland had.

I was listening to the news report and heard "Duncan Ferguson has been put in..." I just assumed that the next word would be "jail", was really surprised to hear " in charge of Everton"

just watched the first half of chelsea game, despite his faults he knows how to motivate a football team, somebody should get his number mate austin can call him for some advice

Diadora Van Basten
On 06/12/2019 at 08:39, jack D and coke said:

Scotland vs Germany at Ibrox that was. Might have been his Scotland debut. Got a move to Rangers on the back of it I think for about £4.2m which between Scottish clubs just seems utterly mental now. 
A sin the way the SFA and police went after him for that incident with Jock McStay. 
Always liked big Dunc, he could play for a big lad and in the air he was a beast. 
I believe he’s a top bloke too. 

And hard as ****. 

I blame my friend for that one.

He got jailed for head butting a player playing rugby and when he was interviewed after leaving court he said that the sentence was a joke and that Duncan Ferguson had done the same thing that weekend and he won’t get jailed.

On 06/12/2019 at 06:28, Seymour M Hersh said:

Rangers thug being eulogised on here. Oh dear. 

Sad isn't it. 

Had the cheek to complain about the injustice of his jail sentence as well. 

He was on a suspended sentence after being given chance after chance when he thumped an opponent in a clear assault in front of 50k witnesses. 

He had a history of assaulting people and got his comeuppance eventually. 

21 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Maybe the guy he punched deserved it.

I like the big man and hope he does well at Everton, 2-0 up on Chelsea right now.

20 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Bit of a dickish thing to do to a laddie on crutches right enough. 

To be fair the boy admits calling big duncs bird a trollop. What did he think was going to happen😂

I bet they both wished things hadn't gone that way on that night.

The YouTube vid shows a man who has recognised that he needed to grow up, but fame and physical presence meant there was always somebody at him.

We all cringe about what we did before we reached 30. 

23 minutes ago, Ballitojambo said:

just watched the first half of chelsea game, despite his faults he knows how to motivate a football team, somebody should get his number mate austin can call him for some advice

Everton players will be too scared to come off the park without the 3 points

Just now, mutley said:

To be fair the boy admits calling big duncs bird a trollop. What did he think was going to happen😂

Drunken taxi rank scuffle. If you are going to start on someone, I’d suggest Duncan Ferguson shouldn’t be your first port of call. :unsure:

brunoatemyhamster

I find fear to be an effective motivator. 

16 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Big Dunc v Joey Barton.......money would have to be on Dunc.....

How do you think Big Dunc would react to having a cigar stubbed out on him? Lol

Id like to see it. 

21 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Bit of a dickish thing to do to a laddie on crutches right enough. 

Also sounds like the guy deserved a kicking. If someone calls your girlfriend a trollop while trying to get a reaction by goading you, he deserves a doing whether he is on crutches or not...

This thread wow. Im all for his type of player, hence why Roy Keane is my all time favourite. 

Flash back a month to when everyone slated Keane for going out to injure someone and for missing a punch on Shearer. "Scum", "filth" etc

Hypocrisy levels :rofl:

33 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

This thread wow. Im all for his type of player, hence why Roy Keane is my all time favourite. 

Flash back a month to when everyone slated Keane for going out to injure someone and for missing a punch on Shearer. "Scum", "filth" etc

Hypocrisy levels :rofl:

You do know it’s only hypocrisy if it’s the same poster slating Keane and then saying they like Ferguson. 

Maroon Sailor

Difference between Keane and Big Dunc is Keane acts the hard man whereas Big Dunc just floors somebody.

Anybody who can't see the funny side of him decking 2 robbers in separate incidents or some random giving it big licks to him need to get a grip.

Some people need putting in their place

1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Difference between Keane and Big Dunc is Keane acts the hard man whereas Big Dunc just floors somebody.

Anybody who can't see the funny side of him decking 2 robbers in separate incidents or some random giving it big licks to him need to get a grip.

Some people need putting in their place

So was Ferguson after that Raith Rovers game.

34 minutes ago, mutley said:

You do know it’s only hypocrisy if it’s the same poster slating Keane and then saying they like Ferguson. 

Of course. But the opinion on Keane seemed fairly unanimous.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Snedescu said:

It shows what a team with passion can do.

Was there not £140m spent on that team in the summer?

40 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Was there not £140m spent on that team in the summer?

That may be true but Silva could not get them playing like that... there are time you have to stand back , take a breath and admit that someone can actually inject passion into a group of players. The way you have it is that you have players and that is it ... which is gold plated shite as nearly every football fan knows a manager can positively affect player performance... even less than brilliant players can produce better performances... can Stendel make this difference, or do we need Big Dunc!

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Just saw the highlights. That was brilliant. Loves that club and they love him. Charging down the touchline after every goal, hugging ballboys, geeing up the crowd. Great stuff. 

Wasn't he in drag one of the times he was nicked?

I have a recollection of reading something about him wearing a dress and a flower behind his ear during a pub brawl.