Zlamal

alwaysthereinspirit

alwaysthereinspirit

Nope. His positioning last night was horrendous. The best was taking out Berra outside the box. Get back in your box you numpty.

2 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Nope. His positioning last night was horrendous. The best was taking out Berra outside the box. Get back in your box you numpty.

To be honest, it doesn’t really matter which keeper we field. They’re all as pish as each other.

1 minute ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

To be fair Berra had let it bounce and was unsure with a striker on his heels.

Keeper done the right thing I thought.

He also came racing out his box it the first half to clear a one on one.

alwaysthereinspirit
13 minutes ago, Madjambo21 said:

He's out of position at the goal before the throw in is even taken. And that wasn't the first or last time he did it at throw ins. He's a bomb scare not a sweeper.

The Treasurer

Everyone, including our new manager (I hope) knows that we need a new goalkeeper.

I don't think we need a new thread after each game telling us how pish they are

My issue with Zlamal last night was his relentless humping the ball up the park to nobody in particular. It was so easy for Livi to defend.

I'm not a fan of the other keepers but at least it looks like they think about where they are kicking the ball.

8 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Everyone, including our new manager (I hope) knows that we need a new goalkeeper.

I don't think we need a new thread after each game telling us how pish they are

Exactly. 

It is a big problem, we all know it. 

Let's hope we get someone decent in rather quickly. 😏

letsalldothebeattie

Just going to have to get through this season. We need a keeper in summer otherwise we are going to be in trouble for a few more years 

been here before

I thought he was OK all things considered. Certainly more faith in him than Periera

Incidently what phrase did drama queens use before "bomb scare" became the stock cliche?

Edited by been here before

Ricardo Shillyshally

Every time Livi had a throw in to the box he was out of position and it cost us the goal. He was marking the front post when Bartley scored.

That said someone with half a football brain should have had us defending it like a corner and not allowing Bobby to go wandering about his box

iwasthere1954
1 hour ago, been here before said:

I thought he was OK all things considered. Certainly more faith in him than Periera

Incidently what phrase did drama queens use before "bomb scare" became the stock cliche?

All things considered. He was shocking and gave away the goal.

His positioning for their goal is comical. He is literally 5 feet off his line and about 3 foot past his post. He is on the post when the volley comes in. Shambles. 

3234A86B-7E9A-43DD-AF04-9AA1F7ADE230.jpeg

19 minutes ago, graygo said:

Not worth a new thread but did anyone think their goal was offside?

image.thumb.png.51c4e0203f01df71d53d344c65fb8fc6.png

Looks offside as it came of the back of a Livi players head and fell kindly to Fingers to slam home.

Edited by Dannie Boy

9 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

image.thumb.png.51c4e0203f01df71d53d344c65fb8fc6.png

Looks offside as it came of the back of a Livi players head and fell kindly to Fingers to slam home.

That's what I thought, wasn't offside when Berra headered it but was when it hit the Livi player.

There's a rashness about him that causes the heart rate to quicken, but he generally gets away with it. Not great at the goal (I suspect he was thinking of coming to claim it again) but the ricochet off the guy's head was more unfortunate than incompetent.

3 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

There's a rashness about him that causes the heart rate to quicken, but he generally gets away with it. Not great at the goal (I suspect he was thinking of coming to claim it again) but the ricochet off the guy's head was more unfortunate than incompetent.

His urge to come out meant he was miles out of position or being in any shape to save the volley, that’s incompetent. He was so lost as to where he was he dives from the post. He lacks the basic understanding of goal keeping and it has cost us big time and in big games. 

2 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

That was the one thing he did right imo.

Berra let it bounce, was hesitating and was probably going to end up giving away corner. Zlamal took charge.

4 minutes ago, Gambo said:

That was the one thing he did right imo.

Berra let it bounce, was hesitating and was probably going to end up giving away corner. Zlamal took charge.

yeah - have to agree he made the right call there to clear the ball. 

My issue with Bobby is in that situation and others is that he doesn’t appear to shout and make players aware he going for the ball. I also thought that he could have taken the ball cleanly a few times instead of punching the ball out.

Decision making is all over the shop and communication terrible. Him and Berra just seem to be on different planets

2 hours ago, Pilmuir said:

My issue with Zlamal last night was his relentless humping the ball up the park to nobody in particular. It was so easy for Livi to defend.

I'm not a fan of the other keepers but at least it looks like they think about where they are kicking the ball.

It was unsettling how every player last night(apart from Brandon) seemed like rabbits in the headlights. 

8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

So who is best to play out of our goalkeepers? 

There's not much to recommend any of them over the other two. They've also been woefully mismanaged. I'd pick one (probably Bobby, but could be any of them) and stick with him even if he makes a mistake. The chopping and changing has them all as nervous as kittens. 

3 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

I am not totally convinced that was all Bobby's fault. Berra seems to have had similar issues with all three goalkeepers this season so maybe the issue is Berra not shouting/communicating with the goalies.

Berra can't play with Bobby to be fair neither can El Gato, main problem is Berra (sadly). Apart from the goal Bobby did OK he's not the answer but the best of a bad bunch for me.

alwaysthereinspirit
1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

I am not totally convinced that was all Bobby's fault. Berra seems to have had similar issues with all three goalkeepers this season so maybe the issue is Berra not shouting/communicating with the goalies.

I was always coached that good goalies have the last say on balls going towards him and his goal as he sees everything that is coming towards him. Were a defender running towards his goal doesnt always know whats happening behind him. Didnt look like Berra knew he was going to be run over. We definitely need a real goalie sooner than later.

King Of The Cat Cafe
1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

His positioning for their goal is comical. He is literally 5 feet off his line and about 3 foot past his post. He is on the post when the volley comes in. Shambles. 

3234A86B-7E9A-43DD-AF04-9AA1F7ADE230.jpeg

The photograph illustrates something I noted last night - on this occasion and at earlier corners Livingston had three players at the near post to block off Bobby from reaching the ball.

1 hour ago, Cut The Crap said:

17 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Berra can't play with Bobby to be fair neither can El Gato, main problem is Berra (sadly). Apart from the goal Bobby did OK he's not the answer but the best of a bad bunch for me.

There are mistakes all over the defence every week so it’s really difficult to say who’s most at fault , depends who u speak to some thought Berra was ok last night , I think it’s because he’s been so poor a performance without an own goal is a bonus 

3 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

And fecking catch the ball.

2 hours ago, graygo said:

Not worth a new thread but  did anyone think their goal was offside?

Posted the question on the match thread at half-time last night but someone told me MacLean had played him onside, which I had to accept.

Having seen footage, he still looks offside but unfortunately our officials failed to register what had happened in front of their eyes ie that Berra has headed the ball off a Livi player and the ball has rebounded to a Livi player in an offside position. They’re useless and not one pundit asked the question either. 

3 hours ago, Pilmuir said:

That was clearly an instruction from McPhee to do that. 

He played it short yesterday and I seen Mcpheengoing ballistic at him on the sidelines. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Not sure we could get a clean sheet even if we were allowed to play all three at the same time. 

GorgieFifeLife
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Might as well give the best of the young guys a game.

alwaysthereinspirit
8 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

That was clearly an instruction from McPhee to do that. 

He played it short yesterday and I seen Mcpheengoing ballistic at him on the sidelines. 

This will confirm the high press was on.😉

The Zlamal-Berra combo is actually frightening. I remember a game earlier in the season where Zlamal came out as Berra was lumbering back and absolutely clattered him. You have got to laugh.

He’s rubbish but so are the others to be honest. As alluded to above somewhere it’s all about surviving this season and getting to the summer. A proper manager will recognise what needs done, not the imposter and his chums that’s we’ve had / got right now.

Just now, 1971fozzy said:

He’s rubbish but so are the others to be honest. As alluded to above somewhere it’s all about surviving this season and getting to the summer. A proper manager will recognise what needs done, not the imposter and his chums that’s we’ve had / got right now.

Send Pereira back and get a competent keeper in on loan, there has to be someone available, **** knows if we will have anyone competent enough to find that player by the time January comes around, probably not.

2 hours ago, graygo said:

That's what I thought, wasn't offside when Berra headered it but was when it hit the Livi player.

cleared up on Sportscene, came off Whelan.

Jambof3tornado
5 hours ago, Madjambo21 said:

Aye berra at fault again too!

2 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Aye berra at fault again too!

Not blaming Berra but he was hesitant at that moment and the keeper done the right thing.

As bad as Berra is with the ball he won most of his headers where Halkett struggled to win his.

Jambof3tornado
36 minutes ago, Madjambo21 said:

Not blaming Berra but he was hesitant at that moment and the keeper done the right thing.

As bad as Berra is with the ball he won most of his headers where Halkett struggled to win his.

Berra didnt win many headers 1st half, because robinson and dykes doubled up on him so berra had brandon play off him a little bit for added protection.

Just feel with berra he creates a nervousness that is becoming a real problem.

10 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Berra didnt win many headers 1st half, because robinson and dykes doubled up on him so berra had brandon play off him a little bit for added protection.

Just feel with berra he creates a nervousness that is becoming a real problem.

Think that nervousness runs through the whole team unfortunately.

Not many players want the ball in tight areas of the pitch.

Will take a while to install confidence but hopefully the new manager can do it