Walker

Jeff

10 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

People were giving him standing applause as he walked off. He was hopeless and has reverted to the player he was before he left.

He got a very token clap from most.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• soonbe110

• jake

• Bazzas right boot

44 minutes ago, davieholt said:

odd. I thought Claire had a decent first half. He covered back well to stop a goal while Berra was getting attention and got into decent positions. Fell away and did nothing in the 2nd half though. 

Actually thought Clare was ok first half but totally ineffective 2nd  

8 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

You have claimed people are making excuses for players because they ‘run around a bit’ in the past. That’s exactly what you are doing here to try and stick up for Walker. I’ve asked Clerry this previously and he declined to answer. Are you two related to the guy? It’s the only explanation I can fathom for the way you put him on a pedestal he is nowhere near deserving of. 

I’m going to let you have that one Mothy considering I hadn’t even posted on the thread. Wasn’t at game last night so can’t debate performances. Accusing me of being a relative ffs just admit you dislike Jamie and keep creaming yourself over Clarey. Take it he ran the show again.

8 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

He’s your nephew, isn’t he?

I read your post and you are making excuses for him, as you always do. Now you are even resorting to praising him for running about a bit. Something you used to claim Milinkovic did when he was harrying the opposition, winning the ball, and driving forward. Main difference being Milinkovic used to actually set up and score goals when he did it.

You ALWAYS make excuses for Walker, yet you are dismissive of other players and don’t accept the same reasoning being applied to their performances. 

Jesus Mothy, did Jamie pump yer bird or something. He's just back from injury, gie him a break. 

Calm doon!

The Real Maroonblood
8 hours ago, jake said:

Och mate I'm going to bed.

Fekin Hearts man nippy as fek 

You shouldn’t drink on an empty head.

9 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Jesus Mothy, did Jamie pump yer bird or something. He's just back from injury, gie him a break. 

Calm doon!

Don’t think he did. I’d have noticed. After putting in a three minute performance I’d have found him slinking slowly around the kitchen or asleep on the sofa.

Sorry to say but I think he is finished at this level.

Should never have been brought back. This wasn't like Rudi or to an extent Ryan Stevenson, 

Absolute star before the injuries started to hit, seem to remember him being out for a few months first season after coming back up. 

Has never looked comfortable running since then.

I've said it on here before that he looks like he is running in mud and never seems able to stretch the legs out properly.

I don''t think he hides, I just think his legs aren't quick enough anymore.

He’ll not be that bothered about our current plight as his real team are doing well under Stevie G.

Bang average and a rat to boot.

Worked hard, got blootered more than once but stuck at it.  One or two decent bits of football from him and he at least wanted the ball.  Put a great cross in for Uche as well just before he was subbed.

Overall he was poor, as were the whole team.  Not sure why he deserves singled out tbh.

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, lewis2006 said:

He’ll not be that bothered about our current plight as his real team are doing well under Stevie G.

Bang average and a rat to boot.

Stevie G

:cornette_dog:

You would have thought that after the way he slithered his way out the club, he would be desperate to prove us all wrong, and salvage his career from the utter wreck it has become.

Sadly it appears his spine and heart are at least as bad as his knees, and he seem to be completely missing a set of balls

10 hours ago, jambogirlglasgow said:

The last man you’d ever want in the trenches next to you. 

hopefully that never happens.but get your drift.

57 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Don’t think he did. I’d have noticed. After putting in a three minute performance I’d have found him slinking slowly around the kitchen or asleep on the sofa.

:muggy:

17 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Some seriously sad folk on here that are blaming Walker for current shambles, one of our better players and gave his all tonight.

I do believe his did give his all.

Sadly, his "all" is utterly crap and listless.

The whole- "last person youd want beside you in the trenches"

face it- he would never be in the trenches, he'd have enough white feathers to stuff a mattress

10 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Will be a casualty of the coming changes. Announced next week 

probably replaced by a current first team coach 

What was announced last week. That John Murray will be replaced by a current first team coach. Who made this statement Ann Budge and do you have a link?

If we appoint Daly or Fox to this role it is just as bad as keeping Murray.

11 hours ago, jambogirlglasgow said:

The last man you’d ever want in the trenches next to you. 

I think Mulraney and Clare would have something to say about that.

I didn't want us to re-sign him but I thought he was okay yesterday - in the first half anyway. Clare and Damour the main offenders for me. 

Honestly don’t think it’s fair to pin point individual players just now, the whole team has been dreadful for a long time. 

Walker seems to be an easy target for a lot of people on here based on previous thoughts and his history. He was probably one of our better players last night (that doesn’t say much I know)

I hope when the new manager comes in that the fans wipe the slate clean and give the players a chance before we start with the usual witch hunts. 

Walker was a passenger in the build up to his leaving the club. He downed tools. He failed down south and got the gig back at Hearts when it seems no-one else wanted him. That says a lot for our recruitment. This is a player that had plenty talent and at his age now, should've been in the Scotland squad. Even though he can play well at times, it's inconsistent. To me he plays with his head down. There's still a chance of him getting back to what he was like when he was first in the team. A lot of what's gone on over the last few years is down to how we coach our players, Walker is no different. When Stendel and his team come in, we'll soon find out if, along with a few others, he has the heart and ambition to be at the club. This is Walker's last chance pretty-much, if he doesn't do it here he'll be going down the leagues for the rest of his career.

jambogirlglasgow
1 hour ago, Paul Shark said:

Good point. I may need to post that on their threads too...😡

Dusk_Till_Dawn
18 minutes ago, scotty2442 said:

Honestly don’t think it’s fair to pin point individual players just now, the whole team has been dreadful for a long time. 

Walker seems to be an easy target for a lot of people on here based on previous thoughts and his history. He was probably one of our better players last night (that doesn’t say much I know)

I hope when the new manager comes in that the fans wipe the slate clean and give the players a chance before we start with the usual witch hunts. 

I hope when the new manager comes in he wipes the slate clean by getting shot of most of these wasters.

20 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Only a matter of time until his bird pipes up and has a meltdown about the valid criticism he is getting.

Or his old man could accuse the club of lying again.

It should have been ten
1 hour ago, Paul Shark said:

Would rather have Mulraney in the trenches beside me than Jamie the shite bag Walker 

jambogirlglasgow
Just now, It should have been ten said:

Would rather have Mulraney in the trenches beside me than Jamie the shite bag Walker 

#MeToo

3 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Could not agree more. Don’t know what Mulraney’s supposed to have done wrong now? 

Geoff Kilpatrick
51 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Only a matter of time until his bird pipes up and has a meltdown about the valid criticism he is getting.

Forgot about that! :laugh:

A bigger moaner than Lawson on Twitter!

There were many who thought Levein should never of brought Walker back as well as many glad he was coming home and now it’s looking like a mistake but hey who knows what he’ll be like under Stendel. 

20 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Fair enough. I reckon the outcome would be pretty similar with all 3 mentioned. Spineless all 3.

Geoff Kilpatrick
14 minutes ago, Barack said:

You bought his ebook on Kindle yet?

Only £3, or AUD$ 5.77...

Funnily enough, no. Nor have I reviewed it. Nor have I donated money to his sister!

Ernie Eskilsson
45 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Could not agree more. Don’t know what Mulraney’s supposed to have done wrong now? 

Walker is a MUCH better player than Mulraney, more skillful, more vision, more bottle, better tackler and better finisher. Most of our team is crap - Walker is one of the exceptions...

8 minutes ago, Ernie Eskilsson said:

Walker is a MUCH better player than Mulraney, more skillful, more vision, more bottle, better tackler and better finisher. Most of our team is crap - Walker is one of the exceptions...

Okay mate. 

I thought Walker was ok last night, was one of the few willing to take risks in possession and even got in a couple of timely blocks defensively. A good player who would be in my first choice XI from the current squad.

GorgieRules22

Jamie Walker like the rest of the team is just so unfit and can’t seem to get going in games, piss poor I thought. Huffed and Puffed all night until he got subbed and turned into Usain Bolt....tat part summed him up for me.

He put himself about a bit, but that is not what we need from him. We need him to be brave on the ball and create opportunities. He's not a young laddie anymore either. He should be a leader on the park.

It should have been ten
1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

No idea, this place is beyond a joke at times 

...a bit disco
1 hour ago, Barack said:

Wonder how she is. 

She?

Thought it was They/Them these days?

4 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

She?

Thought it was They/Them these days?

He was blown to smitherines when the Death Star was vaporised.

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

He was blown to smitherines when the Death Star was vaporised.

You're just silly.

A silly sausage.

Just now, ...a bit disco said:

You're just silly.

A silly sausage.

I know. :( 

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

40 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Okay mate. 

Jamie Walker is a far more effective player, he has more goals this season despite missing two months of it than Mulraney has his entire Hearts career.  

Mulraney's best piece of action last night resulted in an awful cross that he should've laid on a plate for Clare.  I like Mulraney and think there's a good player lurking in there, but you must be at it if you think he's more skilful and a better finisher than Walker.

NaturalOrder74

I’ve seen walker at his best and he can’t have lost it completely, just needs the right drive and to be played correctly MacPhee and levein have sucked the life out of a lot of talent including hickey seems to be getting worse, a good manager will solve everything it’s just all this waiting around that’s ****ing us up we need some urgency 

Just now, Bob Loblaw said:

Jamie Walker is a far more effective player, he has more goals this season despite missing two months of it than Mulraney has his entire Hearts career.  

Mulraney's best piece of action last night resulted in an awful cross that he should've laid on a plate for Clare.  I like Mulraney and think there's a good player lurking in there, but you must be at it if you think he's more skilful and a better finisher than Walker.

Mulraney’s pace and fitness set him apart and make him more dangerous. Was Walker’s finish v St Mirren better than Jake’s? 🤔

Walker has ability, unfortunately we just don’t see it when we need it. He’s unreliable when we need someone to dig us out of a hole.