Hectormasson

He is a very good young talent.  But needs rested a few games to get over some niggles. 

Played a lot off games for one so young and will do well from it in the future. We bit protection needed.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Thomaso

• Beast Boy

• Last Laff

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, henry said:

My opinion has changed on Hickey, I thought the best thing for his progression was to leave and go to City. That was really to protect him from the shambles around about him. He’s being asked to do far too much far too soon. Just hope  Stendal can look after him better than Levein & co. 

STENDEL!

32 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

He is a very good young talent.  But needs rested a few games to get over some niggles. 

Played a lot off games for one so young and will do well from it in the future. We bit protection needed.

yup we’ll end up burning him out. Needs a break from the first team.

Diadora Van Basten

He didn’t look to clever at two of the Rangers goals on Sunday and it was the left hand side that let us down v Killie.

My sons coach was talking about how hard it was on his body playing centre half against men when he was 18 and I think the same will be true of Hickey.

19 hours ago, norrie1952 said:

I was at Newcastle man city at the weekend.there is no chance Hickey or Meshino could get anywhere near that first team !

Probably didn't need to go to the game to work that one out to be honest mate!

Walter Bishop

I was at Newcastle man city at the weekend.there is no chance Hickey or Meshino could get anywhere near that first team !

:facepalm: x 10000000000000000000

kingantti1874

lol so was I.. and I agree.. absolutely nae chance.. different world tbh

Ricardo Shillyshally
On 03/12/2019 at 22:30, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

Anyone heard that he's carrying a slight hamstring injury? 

Was it his hammy tonight?

Voiceofreasonfortheseason

Listening to it before the game last night, Michael Stewart strongly hinting that we are looking to sell Hickey as need funds asap to fund the new manager/Jan window.  I have not been paying too much attention to the Hickey thread on here so don't know what is out there?  Anyone know if this is even close to being true or is just the usual case of Stewart sticking the boot into anything Hearts.  

Austin MacGlee
5 minutes ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

Listening to it before the game last night, Michael Stewart strongly hinting that we are looking to sell Hickey as need funds asap to fund the new manager/Jan window.  I have not been paying too much attention to the Hickey thread on here so don't know what is out there?  Anyone know if this is even close to being true or is just the usual case of Stewart sticking the boot into anything Hearts.  

Find this hard to believe. Our accounts are really healthy are they not?

Voiceofreasonfortheseason
2 minutes ago, Austin MacGlee said:

Find this hard to believe. Our accounts are really healthy are they not?

That's the what I would assume but then thought it's a strong statement from Stewart for there not be something in it.

10 minutes ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

Fact is Hickey has a bit of an inflated value down south until he turns 18 so thats why discussions are happening now.

Of course if we get a few bob for him it'll help pay for other stuff! 2+2=.....

I don't think for second the Stendel deal hinges on the sale of a player.

I don't like modern football but giant vacuums sucking up talent is the way of the world unfortunately and we may need to get used to it if the academy does well. A few bob, a loan back and a chunky sell on clause is what the wee guy can hope for. And we're the wee guy here.

Does almost make you wonder if you want some kids to go under radar until they're 18 such is the importance put on the home grown rule in England

Austin MacGlee
6 minutes ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

That's the what I would assume but then thought it's a strong statement from Stewart for there not be something in it.

Stewart is just doing his job - shock the listeners by saying controversial things. He does talk some sense but this sounds like absolute pish to me.

Austin MacGlee
1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

Fact is Hickey has a bit of an inflated value down south until he turns 18 so thats why discussions are happening now.

Of course if we get a few bob for him it'll help pay for other stuff! 2+2=.....

I don't think for second the Stendel deal hinges on the sale of a player.

I don't like modern football but giant vacuums sucking up talent is the way of the world unfortunately and we may need to get used to it if the academy does well. A few bob, a loan back and a chunky sell on clause is what the wee guy can hope for. And we're the wee guy here.

Does almost make you wonder if you want some kids to go under radar until they're 18 such is the importance put on the home grown rule in England

Yep, think you're spot on with every point there mate.