Hectormasson

7 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Sacked managers usually stay on the payroll until their contract is paid up. I don't see Stendal's situation as being unusual in that regard.  Again there may be a clause about future employment.  I agree the Barnsley guy sounds a right tosser in that piece. 

I suspect the only reason that compensation is coming into it is because Stendel has not compromised on being paid up on his contract by Barnsley.  Understandable and he is entitled to do so.  Had he been prepared to mutually cancel his contract without any further payments being due (i.e. because he had another job to go to), Barnsley would not have any basis to seek compensation.  A deal could have been done.  All it would have taken was for Barnsley to be in a better position financially than if they had to continue to pay his salary for the remainder of his contract.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Thomaso

• Beast Boy

• Last Laff

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hopefully when the new SD comes in his help won’t be required anymore and he can disappear and let the new guys get on with sorting out the mess he’s left at first team level.

Exactly. 👍

Should never have been kept on in any capacity in the first place after being sacked. 

8 minutes ago, farin said:

They’ve been watching Aaron for months tbh. Looks like leveins doing a DoF role here. No idea what kind of cash their offering on the sale & loan back deal though. 

He’s doing a DoF role????  Ann told us porkies then?

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Exactly. 👍

Should never have been kept on in any capacity in the first place after being sacked. 

Indeed, I’m pretty sure the academy director can do anything Levein neglected to do in the last five years. It was just an excuse to keep her pal around the place. 

13 hours ago, graygo said:

Cue the seethe about Levein being there. With some justification to be fair.

I said he was there last week and got absolutely hounded for it. 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hopefully when the new SD comes in his help won’t be required anymore and he can disappear and let the new guys get on with sorting out the mess he’s left at first team level.

Has anyone been interviewed for it yet? 

59 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Like we did with Levein? Maybe they wanted to give the new man a bit of space. 

Knew that would eventually be brought up in response. However, as far as I am aware, Stendel is not filling any role at Barnsley at the moment? Makes it a bit different if that's the case.

38 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Knew that would eventually be brought up in response. However, as far as I am aware, Stendel is not filling any role at Barnsley at the moment? Makes it a bit different if that's the case.

They have him under contract so I don't think it  matter whether he has any role because they will still be paying him. I imagine that they might settle for a buy out clause at something less than his contract value though, which would suit both parties. That's what usually happens, Barnsley wont want to keep paying him when can avoid it.

8 hours ago, waterboy11 said:

Was always on the cards, part of agreement for Meshino deal was city got first option on Hickey. 

That is not true. 

16 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

They have him under contract so I don't think it  matter whether he has any role because they will still be paying him. I imagine that they might settle for a buy out clause at something less than his contract value though, which would suit both parties. That's what usually happens, Barnsley wont want to keep paying him when can avoid it.

No, I get that. I'm just pointing out that that would make it different to teh Levein situation that PfK brought up.

The Future's Maroon
41 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/reports-claim-hearts-owner-ann-budge-discussed-aaron-hickey-transfer-manchester-city-1331324

According to this article his contract runs to the end of this season. I thought it was the end of next season, anyone in the know?

The article states end of next season?

It may have been corrected since you first read it.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

Has anyone been interviewed for it yet? 

I haven’t heard of anyone, could the interview process have been two parts (manager and SD)?

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

He’s not but if we put the coaching team on gardening leave and say NI want to give Macphee their managers job we should ask for compensation surely?

1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/reports-claim-hearts-owner-ann-budge-discussed-aaron-hickey-transfer-manchester-city-1331324

According to this article his contract runs to the end of this season. I thought it was the end of next season, anyone in the know?

18 months to go 

28 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He’s not but if we put the coaching team on gardening leave and say NI want to give Macphee their managers job we should ask for compensation surely?

I would rather we either kept him on in a role that he wanted and we were happy to keep him in, or let him leave and go somewhere else if I’m honest.

Pasquale for King
Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

I would rather we either kept him on in a role that he wanted and we were happy to keep him in, or let him leave and go somewhere else if I’m honest.

He brings nothing to the party, he can go.

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

He brings nothing to the party, he can go.

If that is deemed to be the case by his employer, then yes. Absolutely. Same with Stendel surely?

16 hours ago, graygo said:

Cue the seethe about Levein being there. With some justification to be fair.

No justification whatsoever. It’s absolutely outrageous that he is still involved in any capacity after what he has done to us over the last 3 years!!! 
The whole way the club is being run is a mess!!  

54 minutes ago, rick witter said:

No justification whatsoever. It’s absolutely outrageous that he is still involved in any capacity after what he has done to us over the last 3 years!!! 
The whole way the club is being run is a mess!!  

Well that makes absolutely no sense in reply to my post.

No justification and then you explain why there is.

Edited by graygo

1 minute ago, graygo said:

Well that makes absolutely no sense in reply to my post.

Your right it does not. 
Apologies I certainly did not read your post properly. 👍🏻👍🏻

Hickey is never in a million years going to get anywhere near the Man City reserves side at the moment, what would be the point in buying him the now?  It’s more likely if they want him and he develops as he looks like he could they could sign him in two years and loan him to Celtic possibly for some kind of exchange of the money they will be due at some point if he doesn’t run down his contract. 

8 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Hickey is never in a million years going to get anywhere near the Man City reserves side at the moment, what would be the point in buying him the now?  It’s more likely if they want him and he develops as he looks like he could they could sign him in two years and loan him to Celtic possibly for some kind of exchange of the money they will be due at some point if he doesn’t run down his contract. 

I think he could easily get a game for City at his age level

We are too quick to knock young Scottish players

1 minute ago, the general said:

They have U18 league 

24 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

So did Smith-Brown.

Hopefully that dialogue went something along the lines of don't dump your crap on us. 

2 minutes ago, OTT said:

Hopefully that dialogue went something along the lines of don't dump your crap on us. 

I believe it did. Just making the point that we had a relationship with man city before the supposed link came from Meshino in some kind of fan dreamt swap loan deal with Hickey 

28 minutes ago, the general said:

Why would he want to go miles back? Just for more money? 

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Last Laff said:

If they sign him in January before he’s 18 he will be classed as a homegrown player and help their quota, apparently.

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

If they sign him in January before he’s 18 he will be classed as a homegrown player and help their quota, apparently.

Will that still count if he’s in the under 18s?  There’s absolutely no danger Hickey is at a level to be near the city first team.  That Frimpong boy for Celtic looks amazing and even he didn’t get near.  Hickeys much more potential than the likes of Barker, granted but I would fail to see why they would sign him for a couple of million instead of just getting an established player who is British instead?  Celtic have a good working relationship with City too, we actually have a better working relationship with Man Utd because of Levein and his work with RS. I can’t ever see an outcome they would be willing to bump Celtic out of money. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

Will that still count if he’s in the under 18s?  There’s absolutely no danger Hickey is at a level to be near the city first team.  That Frimpong boy for Celtic looks amazing and even he didn’t get near.  Hickeys much more potential than the likes of Barker, granted but I would fail to see why they would sign him for a couple of million instead of just getting an established player who is British instead?  Celtic have a good working relationship with City too, we actually have a better working relationship with Man Utd because of Levein and his work with RS. I can’t ever see an outcome they would be willing to bump Celtic out of money. 

That’s the rules I believe, an established Scot wouldn’t be classed as going through their academy I think.

Agree about Frimpong, I said it when he made his debut for them. I’m not sure what we would get for Hickey but Celtic are due a cut of the transfer and any sell on fee it seems.

Who or what is RS? The jury is still out on Meshino but we’ve not had much luck with loans from either team in Manchester up until now.

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

That’s the rules I believe, an established Scot wouldn’t be classed as going through their academy I think.

Agree about Frimpong, I said it when he made his debut for them. I’m not sure what we would get for Hickey but Celtic are due a cut of the transfer and any sell on fee it seems.

Who or what is RS? The jury is still out on Meshino but we’ve not had much luck with loans from either team in Manchester up until now.

👍

ricky sbragia

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

👍

ricky sbragia

Didn’t realise he was u23 coach there, he can keep his loans if the two he’s sent up recently are anything to go by. The first one was their player of the year ffs, doesn’t say much for the rest.

9 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Didn’t realise he was u23 coach there, he can keep his loans if the two he’s sent up recently are anything to go by. The first one was their player of the year ffs, doesn’t say much for the rest.

Mitchell was a class above until he got injured. He came back about 1/10 of the player. I don’t think he’s kicked a ball since leaving us?! Might be wrong though. 

Prince Buaben

The money they will offer is not to be sniffed at but it kind of sticks in the back of my head a something said by Mark Wotte about staying and playing over a 100 games and going down to England a bit higher in the pecking order. I feel Hickey will get lost in the system and spend time on loan to the championship then come back up the road in 5 years at Motherwell etc. 

Although he could kick on under top top class coaching and be challenging Robertson and Tierney 

My opinion has changed on Hickey, I thought the best thing for his progression was to leave and go to City. That was really to protect him from the shambles around about him. He’s being asked to do far too much far too soon. Just hope  Stendal can look after him better than Levein & co. 

SuperstarSteve

No doubt in my mind a deal with city is finalised in January and hickey is loaned back untill end of season. 

I Would rather he stayed and progressed like CP but can’t see it.