Who’s getting punted in January?

Muppetboy

4 hours ago, Coco said:

If Maclean can't be shifted on in the window I'd freeze him out and make him train with the reserves.  

McLean can only be shifted if someone wants him.

I'd be surprised if a lower division club could not make use of his experience and some financial agreement reached without resorting to that nonsense.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Thomaso

• i8hibsh

• busby1985

A new coach comes in and it's a start from scratch with all the players. Some of them that aren't performing could quite easily get a lift from a new coaching set-up and show that they are actually decent players, others will be found out big time. The likes of McLean will be shipped out, age is against him for a start, Wighton as well. As for Clare, not sure he has the heart or desire to be a top player and will likely end up playing for an Accrington Stanley or whoever the rest of his career. The situation with Berra is a strange one. One minute, solid and dependable, gets a long-term injury and has been a bit of a bomb-scare since. Confidence thing maybe? Dikamona looked pretty solid when he first arrived (like so many of our players do) but there's no way he can be match fit when he's been sat on his erse most of his Hearts career, he's one that might surprise. Whelan only signed a one-year so chances are he'll still play and leave in the summer. White can leave. Hickey needs top stay out the team and get a rest before he's ruined. Damour is another interesting one. He might come good in the end. Played a few games and has been in and out with injures since. He needs to come good, it's a long contract to cancel if he doesn't! Think at least one keeper will leave in January, don't know who though. Been unsure about Mulraney since he arrived but may flourish in a more attack-minded formation. Jury still out.

The first ones to get shot of though are probably Clare, White, Wighton, McLean and a keeper. That'll at least free up four or five wages. As for the rest of the players, it's up to them to prove a point.

I think people are being a bit optimistic here.

The players currently at the club will get a chance to prove themselves over the second half of the season under the new manager.  It should be a clean slate for everyone hopefully things change at tynie under the new manager and we get behind the team and the players. Stendel or Whoever decides to plays Clare( he is the standard boo boy) or whoever then we should be looking to support him and the team no matter what we perceive to have went on previously. the negativity surrounding these players from the stands need to stop for the good of everyone. 

There will be a clear out but it will be the summer not January.

2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

McLean can only be shifted if someone wants him.

I'd be surprised if a lower division club could not make use of his experience and some financial agreement reached without resorting to that nonsense.

Absolutely. Plus I’d rather we had a replacement lined up first, and I’d also prefer to let the new manager have a look at him before we do anything too. Folk are crazy on here sometimes, it’s all about getting rid as opposed to replacing. :lol: 

pettigrewsstylist

There is a lot of points up for grabs over next 5 weeks. If the points/match form ratio continues during this, then we will be bottom i reckon, and getting cut adrift there.

With the current team and current mgmt that's highly possible.

If new guy doesn't get to see squad now, then Jan window may be too early for him to have made choices.

Selkirkhmfc1874
7 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

There is a lot of points up for grabs over next 5 weeks. If the points/match form ratio continues during this, then we will be bottom i reckon, and getting cut adrift there.

With the current team and current mgmt that's highly possible.

If new guy doesn't get to see squad now, then Jan window may be too early for him to have made choices.

9 games in december

Weakened Offender

There's not many I'd keep. It's as poor a squad as I remember. Anyone who thinks it's too good a squad to go down wasn't around when Tommy McLean was doing his best to relegate a squad of players that included Robertson, McPherson, Colquhoun, Bett, Millar and Mackay. 

Edited by Weakened Offender

Bozanic hasn't stepped up at all this season. Don't see what he adds - he's getting picked over Irving who I think going forward will be a very good player.

Damour deserves more time, he's not had it.

Clare - proper coaching I think he'd be useful.

MacLean - get rid.

Wighton - same.

Garrucio I actually don't mind and given our options at full back are limited, keep.

portobellojambo1

I think once a new coach comes in we will see some significant changes in the playing staff, may not happen in January but certainly by the end of this season. I think it is a legacy of the fact that what has failed to happen is the creation of a squad with any sort of depth, both in terms of signings and the quality of youth who have come through (in saying the final part that doesn't mean the academy has been a failure but over the last 5 years the number who have cemented a 1st team place is very limited, despite the constant things you read on here about how great the academy has been). There are those who in hindsight should never have been brought to the club in the 1st place and others who have been given opportunities but not taken them. It is sad to say so but I susepct it could be very much a case of starting from scratch again and putting the last 5 years, on the playing side, to rest.

On 28/11/2019 at 06:45, DarioHMFC said:

I think Clare has the legs for his style of football so I think he’d get a shot tbh. 

He will need to show more bottle first!

8 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Is that it? Incisive! 😂

Have you ever considered football management? Maybe get Billy Brown as your assistant. :) 

5 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Have you ever considered football management? Maybe get Billy Brown as your assistant. :) 

Have you ever considered engaging your brain before you post your endless drivel on here? 

1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I think once a new coach comes in we will see some significant changes in the playing staff, may not happen in January but certainly by the end of this season. I think it is a legacy of the fact that what has failed to happen is the creation of a squad with any sort of depth, both in terms of signings and the quality of youth who have come through (in saying the final part that doesn't mean the academy has been a failure but over the last 5 years the number who have cemented a 1st team place is very limited, despite the constant things you read on here about how great the academy has been). There are those who in hindsight should never have been brought to the club in the 1st place and others who have been given opportunities but not taken them. It is sad to say so but I susepct it could be very much a case of starting from scratch again and putting the last 5 years, on the playing side, to rest.

And that sadly will be Levein’s legacy!

14 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Have you ever considered engaging your brain before you post your endless drivel on here? 

It’s impossible to not engage one’s brain before posting. :) 

Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

It’s impossible to not engage one’s brain before posting. :) 

In your case you have found a way! 👍

8 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

In your case you have found a way! 👍

No, that’s just silly, Thomaso. It’s impossible. :) 

Holyrood_Hearts

I love this idea DS is just going to come in & get rid of all these guys without giving anyone a proper chance. Everyone should start with a clean slate & have the chance to prove themselves. 

I doubt there will be much activity in January regardless of who comes in.

Might see a left back.....might see a winger.....we’ll definitely see a centre forward though imo.

We need a striker who can score goals.......

Holyrood_Hearts
6 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

Why would there be a mass clear out when it was clearly the previous manager that was the issue?

Because everybody is shit according to some people 🤷🏼‍♂️

20 hours ago, Coco said:

If Maclean can't be shifted on in the window I'd freeze him out and make him train with the reserves.  

I’d freeze the useless can’t in liquid nitrogen before I even let him train with the reserves. An empty jersey with a chicken heart. 

Bazzas right boot
16 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Absolutely. Plus I’d rather we had a replacement lined up first, and I’d also prefer to let the new manager have a look at him before we do anything too. Folk are crazy on here sometimes, it’s all about getting rid as opposed to replacing. :lol: 

Yip. 

Too many have a plan of "get rid" with no idea how and what to do next. 

They also think "get rid" will improve things. 

It's Like 20% of the plan/ bigger picture. 

It's like a brexit attitude tbh. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Noah Claypole said:

Why would there be a mass clear out when it was clearly the previous manager that was the issue?

No o e has answered that. 

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Bozanic hasn't stepped up at all this season. Don't see what he adds - he's getting picked over Irving who I think going forward will be a very good player.

Damour deserves more time, he's not had it.

Clare - proper coaching I think he'd be useful.

MacLean - get rid.

Wighton - same.

Garrucio I actually don't mind and given our options at full back are limited, keep.

I'm here as well. 

Although I'd may add in white and Garrucio, possibly Bozanic. He's such a "Meh" player. 

5 out, get 2 better in. 

Lb and a striker. 

Budge said at the shareholder meeting that we tried to move 4 players on in the summer but it didnt work out - I.e. no one would take them and they're on over the top wages.

I feel we will be 2-3 years to get rid of most of the dross levein signed and build a better side. He's really left us in the $h!t. 

portobellojambo1
3 hours ago, Noah Claypole said:

The only thing I can answer that with, while knowing it is a stupid statement to offer as I guess you know the answer anyway, is who brought those players to Tynecastle or do you think players or their agents contact us and tell us they are coming to Tynecastle and tell HMFC what terms they will be signing on. The truth is in the last few words of your post above which has been quoted.

It’s quicker me to type who I’d keep:

Smith

Halkett

Souttar

Hickey

Walker

Haring

Whelan

Naismith

Meshino

Washington

2 hours ago, Swanny17 said:

It’s quicker me to type who I’d keep:

Smith

Halkett

Souttar

Hickey

Walker

Haring

Whelan

Naismith

Meshino

Washington

It's amazing how many of them have been missing lately.

15 hours ago, Noah Claypole said:

Maybe because the previous manager signed shite players......

12 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

No o e has answered that. 

I just did Champ

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I just did Champ

We don't have shite players. 

30 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

We don't have shite players. 

Let’s revisit that in May Champ. 😉

pettigrewsstylist
On 30/11/2019 at 06:04, Holyrood_Hearts said:

I love this idea DS is just going to come in & get rid of all these guys without giving anyone a proper chance. Everyone should start with a clean slate & have the chance to prove themselves. 

So all you have to do is get injured, get paid, and outlast each mgr.

The 18k souls in the seats are also to develop mass amnesia.

Not for me. Hope we get rid of the imposters in that sqaud.

Holyrood_Hearts
50 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

So all you have to do is get injured, get paid, and outlast each mgr.

The 18k souls in the seats are also to develop mass amnesia.

Not for me. Hope we get rid of the imposters in that sqaud.

I’m sure DS will, my point was pretty clear on how this should be done 

Seymour M Hersh
On 28/11/2019 at 12:58, i8hibsh said:

If Stendell comes do we get to play "Mr Wendell" by Arrested Development before and after games? But we sing "Daniel Stendell" yeah yeah

I'll get ma coat

If only. 

On 30/11/2019 at 06:04, Holyrood_Hearts said:

This is very obviously the right answer.