Who’s getting punted in January?

Muppetboy

When the new man comes in, be it Stendel or whoever, obviously they will have players they would like to bring in. 
So who’s getting told to find another club or being told they have no future at hearts?  Plenty to choose from tbh

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Thomaso

• i8hibsh

• busby1985

1 minute ago, Muppetboy said:

When the new man comes in, be it Stendel or whoever, obviously they will have players they would like to bring in. 
So who’s getting told to find another club or being told they have no future at hearts?  Plenty to choose from tbh

Where do you start?

There may be a few that after assessment he believes have the capabilities to be better players but from what’s been seen so far that’s very doubtful. The worrying thing is it’s going to take a lot of money to sort things 

Selkirkhmfc1874

Will depend on the players because there's no player out of contract in January so unfortunately the players hold all the cards on this one 

2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Will depend on the players because there's no player out of contract in January so unfortunately the players hold all the cards on this one 

Yeah I wasn’t sure about the length of the players contracts. If the unwanted boys are made available for transfer then hopefully other teams will come in but I fear we will be pissing with what we’ve got for a wee while yet

He likes to play high pressing attacking football. My guess would be Berra,Whyte,Brandon,Bozanic,Maclean either haring or Damour and Whigton will get moved on. 

Hopefully we avoid doing what Cathro did, and we keep the good players and supplement them with some of his own. Some left footed players might be nice.

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, Muppetboy said:

Who's on the 2020 club calendar? That's usually a good indicator of a few who'll be goners.

1 minute ago, DarioHMFC said:

Berra

White

Brandon

Bozanic

MacLean

They may not get moved on per se but I think their game time will be very limited. 

Clare 

Our problem is more who in their right mind would take them of our hands? Levein in his infinite wisdom bestowed them with 450 million year contracts. The following are some of the worst players I have ever seen play football:

Wighton

Brandon

White

Bozanic

Garruccio

Maclean

Morrison

Dikamona

D'amour

Doyle

Zibimal

Pirera

Keena

And every single player out on loan.

Edited by i8hibsh

Just now, Marvin said:

Can we no just get shot of the lot of them. 

And half the backroom staff, all coaches and the entire medical team.

32 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

I think Clare has the legs for his style of football so I think he’d get a shot tbh. 

Don’t forget courage, imposing yourself and actually wanting to work hard.  

Implementing a style still won’t cure the shortcomings of certain players.  

21 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Our problem is more who in their right mind would take them of our hands? Levein in his infinite wisdom bestowed them with 450 million year contracts. The following are some of the worst players I have ever seen play football:

Wighton

Brandon

White

Bozanic

Garruccio

Maclean

Morrison

Dikamona

D'amour

Doyle

Zibimal

Pirera

Keena

Harsh on Garrucio, but struggling to disagree with the rest chief.  

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Wighton 

Brandon

White

Bozanic

Garruccio

Maclean

Morrison

Dikamona

D'amour

Doyle

Zibimal

Pirera

Not convinced time is up for some of those players. My guess, if they were all told they were not part of our plans anymore, would be this:

Wighton - A Scottish Championship club would want to try him out. Might recapture some of his early promise and prove to be a good signing for a club with lower fan expectations. If he stays injury free he could prove to be a good player in the future. Maybe back to Dundee?

Brandon - Very young and not shite. Again he’s probably looking at a decent enough career, and could do worse than a Scottish Championship club to get things going in the right direction for himself.

White - He will be well known to a few managers, scouts and coaches down south, and the fact he did well down there before his injury, means he will have no problem picking up a club. Whether or not he’s able to recapture that previous form remains to be seen, but he is not regarded a diddy down there.

Bozanic - Has been in Australia squads. He will get a club without too much bother too. A player who I don’t fancy at all, but there will be clubs looking for someone who’s main attribute is keeping the ball and passing to a team mate, I would imagine.

Garruccio - Lower league’s in England or back to Australia would be my guess. Another that I don’t fancy much from his limited appearances.

Maclean - Will stroll in to a Scottish Championship club.

Morrison - Young and not without some good attributes. Could thrive at the right club if he can work on his final ball. Scottish Championship.

Dikamona - No idea. 

D'amour - Not written him off at Hearts yet, personally. He’s held down a place in the English Championship, and if he did move on, I’d imagine he’d do a job for someone at that level again. 

Doyle - Not convinced by him. Back up somewhere in League1 in England? 

Zlamal - Hasn’t has too much bother finding clubs in the past. Doubt he will when he leaves here. Not for me though.

Pereira - Punches the ball in to dangerous areas. Not the sort of keeper I like. Doesn’t seem to deter some clubs though. The fact he’s with Manchester United will mean he gets another chance at a decent level, and the rest is up to him.

IMO

Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

I can see a few getting launched and a few coming in tbf. 

Agree.  I think this is one of the reasons the discussions with Stendel are dragging out.  Budge was hoping the new man would be able to work with what we have, but clearly he has other ideas and wants a kitty for January.

7 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Agree.  I think this is one of the reasons the discussions with Stendel are dragging out.  Budge was hoping the new man would be able to work with what we have, but clearly he has other ideas and wants a kitty for January.

Sorry but you’ve completely made the last bit up. No one knows why talks are going on longer than expected. He might want different wallpaper in his office. Back on topic, will be interesting to if new manager can get some of these players interested and motivated again. 

1 minute ago, Baxfee said:

Sorry but you’ve completely made the last bit up. No one knows why talks are going on longer than expected. He might want different wallpaper in his office. Back on topic, will be interesting to if new manager can get some of these players interested and motivated again. 

He did say “I think” though, tbf.

2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

He did say “I think” though, tbf.

Aye, but I dropped the ball using the word “clearly” in there.  My bad, I’m no better than these pesky fake itk-ers 😔.

Just now, Gashauskis9 said:

Aye, but I dropped the ball using the word “clearly” in there.  My bad, I’m no better than these pesky fake itk-ers 😔.

It’s a tightrope suspended over a minefield, mate.

21 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

No danger he’ll be able to turn water into wine. That midfield is appalling. Whelan s the only fit midfielder we have. 

3 hours ago, Muppetboy said:

The squad minus Naismith?

Where do you start, you could get rid of 90% of this squad if we are being honest 

Stendel likes to play attacking football so you could get rid of 98% off our squad 

Hopefully we get some players in with speed who are purely attack minded 

It would be really nice to watch a good game of football at tynecastle for once 

I just wanna enjoy watching us again and go into games felling we want to win and that the players will give 110%. 

Looks like we need a major overhaul again wether that is in January which i doubt. We may need to wait till the summer to get rid off all the deadwood 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Sensible thing to do would be to wait. 

Marcelo Bielsa found to his delight some under performing players labelled shite were actually decent and just needed a bit of coaching. 

So bar obvious ones like Brandon Maclean on age , then sit back and see who does fit or improves

1 hour ago, DarioHMFC said:

I think Clare has the legs for his style of football so I think he’d get a shot tbh. 

Clare doesn't have the mindset to be a top player. He's too nice. Too scared to take a game by the scruff of the neck. Takes the easy option every single time and hides in games 

38 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Not convinced time is up for some of those players. My guess, if they were all told they were not part of our plans anymore, would be this:

Wighton - A Scottish Championship club would want to try him out. Might recapture some of his early promise and prove to be a good signing for a club with lower fan expectations. If he stays injury free he could prove to be a good player in the future. Maybe back to Dundee?

Brandon - Very young and not shite. Again he’s probably looking at a decent enough career, and could do worse than a Scottish Championship club to get things going in the right direction for himself.

An awful footballer - will never make it at Hearts and we’ve had better players who are currently playing in League One. 

1 minute ago, King prawn said:

An awful footballer - will never make it at Hearts and we’ve had better players who are currently playing in League One. 

He doesn’t look good enough for where we want to be, albeit at a young age. Could improve a fair amount yet and I reckon he could kickstart his career in the second tier. 

5 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Clare doesn't have the mindset to be a top player. He's too nice. Too scared to take a game by the scruff of the neck. Takes the easy option every single time and hides in games 

Could very well turn out to be a decent player with the right coaching though.

As far as I’m concerned, most players deserve a shot with a new coach. There’s obvious exceptions with some players being completely past it or very limited footballers. 

Edited by DarioHMFC

Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

He doesn’t look good enough for where we want to be, albeit at a young age. Could improve a fair amount yet and I reckon he could kickstart his career in the second tier. 

Looks like a fan who won a ticket to play in a half time raffle. If Michael Smith is going to have to play centre back to cover for one of our other rubbish/injured ones then we’re going to need a right back. 

9 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Marcelo Bielsa found to his delight some under performing players labelled shite were actually decent and just needed a bit of coaching. 

So bar obvious ones like Brandon Maclean on age , then sit back and see who does fit or improves

Or we could just stalk the corridors of Riccarton with a shotgun and blow everyone away? That way even if we do get rid of a few players who could turn things around for us, we at least get all our pent up anger and frustration out. 👍

1 minute ago, King prawn said:

Looks like a fan who won a ticket to play in a half time raffle. If Michael Smith is going to have to play centre back to cover for one of our other rubbish/injured ones then we’re going to need a right back. 

I would definitely play Smith at centrehalf, and agree that we need someone else at rightback.

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Wighton

Brandon

White

Bozanic

Garruccio

Maclean

Morrison

Dikamona

D'amour

Doyle

Zibimal

Pirera

Keena

I definitely think the manager will get shot of all 3 of our goalies, maybe Dikamona can play in goals and that’ll solve that problem as well.

No doubt he’ll move on 3 youngsters in Brandon Keena and Morrison their £3.50 a week should free up enough to sign some Spanish internationalists

Undoubtedly he’ll also move on the majority of our full backs that should help with any defensive frailties we have, with Dikamona in goals Souttar injured that’ll leave us with Smith Berra Halkett and Hickey at the back for the rest of the season, ones 45 and another 12 so they should last no bother.

Cant wait for this new manager he sounds like a football genius!

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, DarioHMFC said:

Berra

White

Brandon

Bozanic

MacLean

They may not get moved on per se but I think their game time will be very limited. 

Berra is only you’d keep although it’s defo coming to an end for him. 
The rest I hope never play again. 
Tragical footballers way, way below the standard Hearts, who in our current health should ever have to suffer watching. 

3 hours ago, Herbert said:

He likes to play high pressing attacking football. My guess would be Berra,Whyte,Brandon,Bozanic,Maclean either haring or Damour and Whigton will get moved on. 

I actually think Bozanic and Wighton have a high press in their locker, not much else but they can run about and close down.

I wouldn’t be binning Haring. He’s one of our best players

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

And half the backroom staff, all coaches and the entire medical team.

Talking to my physiotherapist and even she can't believe how many players we have with hamstring injuries. :wacko:

Hoping if he comes he uses his contacts as I am sure he would, as for SC you never know what effect a new coach in charge could do for a player. I think most need a good boot up the backside tbh.

The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Klopp done the same at Liverpool too, he had no immediate panic when he joined, it was frustrating for the fans, but he took his time, developed what he had, turned some pretty shit players into some effective ones, and then picked off his signings one by one until he had the squad he wanted, I guess what I'm trying to say is that there may not be a "quick fix", and it could be a case of stabilising the ship and building from there, we're not going to become world beaters in January! 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
5 hours ago, Muppetboy said:

Will be challenge to get rid of the dross mid season and there’s plenty of it

2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Is the correct answer, we've berated Levein for not getting the best from the available players yet now suddenly we want Stendel to get a whole new team?

Surely the reason for bringing in a new manager is with the aim of getting more from the current squad with an allowance for bringing in a couple of players in january to fill specific gaps/roles in the team? We have a number of players with talent that due to either confidence or coaching haven't performed, if they are better man managed and received better coaching then there is no reason our current squad shouldn't be 3rd/4th place in the table.

3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Wighton

Brandon

White

Bozanic

Garruccio

Maclean

Morrison

Dikamona

D'amour

Doyle

Zibimal

Pirera

Keena

Hard to argue with that imo. 

Apart from Naismith, Whelan & Smith - no other departures would impact our results or performances.

Granted, Souttar & Halkett have been injured and I would like to keep them.

Maclean should be first out the door. Poor attitude, poor performances and a bit of a weirdo.

2 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Is the correct answer, we've berated Levein for not getting the best from the available players yet now suddenly we want Stendel to get a whole new team?

Surely the reason for bringing in a new manager is with the aim of getting more from the current squad with an allowance for bringing in a couple of players in january to fill specific gaps/roles in the team? We have a number of players with talent that due to either confidence or coaching haven't performed, if they are better man managed and received better coaching then there is no reason our current squad shouldn't be 3rd/4th place in the table.

At last some reality. I agree some of the signings have not impressed yet but I was beginning to think Levein was a coaching genius to have won any games with such awful players.