(In other news) Kieran Tierney has a shocker

Deodato

We're not alone in having a shocker this weekend. 

Down here in North London, I was at the Arsenal v Southampton shambles. As per usual, Arsenal all over the place,, but worth noting that their £25m defender   Kieran Tierney was to blame for many of the mistakes. He's been called out by the critics too. 

‘Where do we start? They were sloppy, so bad defensively. [Kieran] Tierney set the tone after a couple of minutes, caught on the ball, poor touches,’ - Shearer 

"It's lazy defending from Tierney, he gets played in there and instead of tracking the run and guiding him away from goal, he's just pulled him back and Ings has gone over and rightly so." - Lescott

Question1 : when you saw Tierney play for Celtic against Hearts, did you see £25m market value? I didn't, and I think he's being found out.

Question 2; If he is/was worth £25m, then where would you put a fit and in-form John Souttar on the transfer market. 

Feels like Celtic got five numbers and a bonus ball with that deal. 

Deodato

Edited by Deodato

saw the highlights on MOTD and he was poor. the moment when southampton should have scored when one of their attackers dispossessed sokratis when he was the only one in the box and them played a poor ball to a southampton player with an open goal. i would put that at tierneys feet as well. he should not have played the ball to sokratis and then he did not make any space to receive the ball from him

Captain Canada

I wouldn't judge him in that current Arsenal side. He put some good balls into the box yesterday and has had some good performances and assists in the Europa League games. 

He'd maybe be better playing in midfield as he's brilliant going past people and his crossing is generally very good. 

Edited by Captain Canada

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Transfer fees don't mean anything. You can't compare one against another. Tierney is a good player, much better than Souttar. 

LarrysRightFoot

It was hardly just him that was poor. Granted it was a silly pen to give away.

But from what the BT commentators, on that scores show they do, said he didn’t hide and kept getting forward and getting crosses in. His cross led to the first goal. 

But but but The Daily Record has been gushing about Tierney on a daily basis in a kind of 'what Keiran did next' way. Don't think they'll be so quick to diss their golden boy. Total rag of a paper.

Is the op a Hearts man? Genuine question, always seems to post about premier league teams/players and about American sports . Never seen him on a Hearts thread. 

1 hour ago, Deodato said:

Down here in North London, I was at the Arsenal v Southampton shambles. As per usual, Arsenal all over the place,, but worth noting that their £25m defender   Kieran Tierney was to blame for many of the mistakes. He's been called out by the critics too. 

‘Where do we start? They were sloppy, so bad defensively. [Kieran] Tierney set the tone after a couple of minutes, caught on the ball, poor touches,’ - Shearer 

"It's lazy defending from Tierney, he gets played in there and instead of tracking the run and guiding him away from goal, he's just pulled him back and Ings has gone over and rightly so." - Lescott

Question1 : when you saw Tierney play for Celtic against Hearts, did you see £25m market value? I didn't, and I think he's being found out.

Question 2; If he is/was worth £25m, then where would you put a fit and in-form John Souttar on the transfer market. 

Deodato

John Souttar will never play for a club the size of Arsenal!!! 
He can’t even play consistently well in a shite Hearts team FFS!! 

44 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Transfer fees don't mean anything. You can't compare one against another. Tierney is a good player, much better than Souttar. 

Spot on. A far better player albeit in different positions. 

John mcCartney
13 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Is the op a Hearts man? Genuine question, always seems to post about premier league teams/players and about American sports . Never seen him on a Hearts thread. 

Deodato is our London correspondent,he`s as detached from Hmfc as any of us at the moment.....

Walter Bishop
1 hour ago, Deodato said:

Deodato

Strange post, very bitter.

Tierney is undoubtedly a talent, and the  Arsenal fans love him. 

He is part of an already shady defence, going forward his delivery is still superb and creates plenty chances. 

If Arsenal sort themselves out with 2 centre backs he will be fine. 

Also Souttar has many reasons in his CV as to why he wouldn't command even a quarter of that fee. 

Edited by VALDOS'

Fozzyonthefence

Can’t believe the OP is trying to compare Soutar to Tierney.  Every player that’s played the game has had shite games.  Tierney will be a bargain for Arsenal at £25m.

A_A wehatethehibs

He was always suspect defensively. A back line with Sokratis and David Luiz was always going to be a car crash, no idea what planet that Arsenal manager is on. Cloud cuckoo land. Tierney gets benefit of the doubt he is trying to get up to speed with the Premier League coming into a team which is all at sea, that manager likely to be sacked in the morning so I’ll reserve judgement if they go and get a decent manager in. 

Honestly the smart move for Arsenal is probably to get Big Sam or David Moyes in Thats their level now. They need someone in to sort that defence out it’s an absolute clown show 😂

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg
3 hours ago, Deodato said:

Deodato

You must be kidding about Souttar?

Kierney is pretty decent albeit he played for them. 

The right coach in the right team he could go on to be pretty successful. Both his balls into the box yesterday resulted in the Arsenal goals. Decent player and still young. 

Tynecastlesmychurch

This might not be popular but he's a young Scottish player at one of England's biggest clubs. So he absolutely has my support. Couldn't care less who he used to play for.

I really hope he settles and does well down their.

1 hour ago, RudiSkacelsLeftPeg said:

You must be kidding about Souttar?

You would never expect a lawyer to read the law. Neither would you ask a poster to read the original post. 

5 hours ago, Deodato said:

I am not directly comparing Souttar to Tierney. 

I am simply asking where would that put a fit-and-in-form Souttar by comparison. What's the highest transfer fee our club has ever commanded? (London Hearts will probably have the data inflation adjusted). My point is if Souttar is worth one-tenth of Tierney's fee, wouldn't that break the record? The conversation was really inspired by the transfer value of defenders in general - regardless of what league they have come from. I think Manchester City were the first mover in paying huge sums for defenders - way beyond anything in the past - and now that spreads across all leading EPL clubs.  I do agree with many of the posters above - Arsenal's problems go way beyond a bad day in the office by KT, but he had a shocker and that might cost him the manager who signed him. That's my point. 

To the cynics above <face palm> A genuine intelligent question about transfer values - apologies to some earlier posters for not beginning with a predictably mundane 'Budge Oot' diatribe <sigh> 

Also for the Deodato music lovers, he wrote Celebration for Kool and the Gang. Perhaps not the best time to play that one given current league form, but anyway....

But but but Aubamayang And Lacazette posted on their Instagram about him training in just shorts and t shirt when they had jumpers and hats and all things warm on 

so everything will be fine 

The Arsneal fans I know, who go to/watch the games regularly, say he's been brilliant up to now and have slatted Emry for not starting him more. Been their signing of the season so far.

As much as we like to rip into Celtic, he's a very very good player. If you are deadset on saying otherwise I'm afraid thats maroon-tinted glasses.

In the EPL he is a steal at 25m

Kieran Tierney is one of the most over rated Scottish players in a long time. A wee Celtic ned who their 'fans' **** themselves daft over because he drinks Bucky and done that video with Bitton that was pure hilarious eh.

14 hours ago, Deodato said:

Deodato

Of course he is t worth £25m but the. Elric PR machine ensure they get well above the odds for the likes of him. Torn to shreds by Uche last season should have been an indicator. Arsenal are the mugs for paying it though.

Siphiwe Tshabalala
14 hours ago, jambopilms said:

It wouldn't have been a pen when playing for Celtic. 

That’s exactly what I thought when I seen it.

1 hour ago, Locky said:

Kieran Tierney is one of the most over rated Scottish players in a long time. A wee Celtic ned who their 'fans' **** themselves daft over because he drinks Bucky and done that video with Bitton that was pure hilarious eh.

End thread 👏🏻

kingantti1874

Agree with the general comments about him being overrated, but actually there are comparisons with Tierney and the weekend and Hickey, in that his team mates left him exposed over and over again

Stephane Grappelli
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Tierney finding out you get punished more for losing concentration when it’s Danny Ings begins you rather than Steven Maclean. 

Danny Ings begins...

Good title for a song that.

23 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Danny Ings begins...

It originally came up as Danny Zings. 

***** Zings...reminds me of a girl I once knew. 

39 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Danny Ings begins...

Thank goodnessfor auto correct. 'Danny Ings behind' would be a whole different kind of song. 

Forever Hearts
4 hours ago, E6 Inc said:

The Arsneal fans I know, who go to/watch the games regularly, say he's been brilliant up to now and have slatted Emry for not starting him more. Been their signing of the season so far.

As much as we like to rip into Celtic, he's a very very good player. If you are deadset on saying otherwise I'm afraid thats maroon-tinted glasses.

In the EPL he is a steal at 25m

High praise for somebody who has only played four games. 

17 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

High praise for somebody who has only played four games. 

He's played 3 in Europa, 3 in the league and 2 in the league cup.

Also remember they've been fairly rank and their other two main signings have been Pepe, who is dreadful, and David Luiz. 

Forever Hearts
39 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

He's played 3 in Europa, 3 in the league and 2 in the league cup.

Also remember they've been fairly rank and their other two main signings have been Pepe, who is dreadful, and David Luiz. 

Sorry, 8 games. But surely as part of the defence that's leaking goals like a sieve he deserves the same criticism as the rest? 

As a fan of the national team, I personally want all Scottish players that play outside of Scotland to do well. The fact Celtic were paid for him as opposed to say Dundee Utd doesn't matter now. In fact since he commanded the largest transfer fee for a cross border signing I especially want Tierney to do well so if/when clubs come knocking for any of our players there is greater confidence players can make the step up.

That said, I don't read Scottish rags or have to talk to any OF fans so perhaps I'm a bit sheltered from it all.

19 hours ago, Irufushi said:

And a huge Gerry Cinnamon fan.

15 hours ago, Deodato said:

I am simply asking where would that put a fit-and-in-form Souttar by comparison. What's the highest transfer fee our club has ever commanded? (London Hearts will probably have the data inflation adjusted). My point is if Souttar is worth one-tenth of Tierney's fee, wouldn't that break the record? The conversation was really inspired by the transfer value of defenders in general - regardless of what league they have come from. I think Manchester City were the first mover in paying huge sums for defenders - way beyond anything in the past - and now that spreads across all leading EPL clubs.  I do agree with many of the posters above - Arsenal's problems go way beyond a bad day in the office by KT, but he had a shocker and that might cost him the manager who signed him. That's my point. 

Craig Gordon £9mm to Sunderland I'd reckon...

1 hour ago, Jap Jambo said:

Craig Gordon £9mm to Sunderland I'd reckon...

Correct, thanks for reminding me. I believe that set the record for UK transfer fees for this position.