Stephen Robinson

ramrod

Why would she look at someone who is one of the few managers our terrible team have managed to beat this season and who just lost to our rivals who’ve been almost just as bad? I don’t see any logic whatsoever going for Robinson when there’s out of contract managers or others who’d require compensation that would be a far, far better choice.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingantti1874

• soonbe110

• Leveins Battalion

• Ribble

kingantti1874
Just now, soonbe110 said:

I agree that if we wait 6 weeks and appoint McCall questions should be asked but if that happens there will surely be good reason. 
We are only three weeks into the six week period though so patience required for just a bit longer. It’s a bit like Xmas, waiting to see what you get!  

it’s too long mate, my season ticket cost £500, and lack of action firstly dealing with  levein and now this has effectively ruined the season.

9 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Don't get the Robinson love in.

We are hearts of Scottish league...I think we would all love pochettino...

But when  linked with likes of stuart McCall etc I can easily see why people would favour him.

9 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Me neither.. overall he’s finished where Motherwell usually finish.. 7th and 8th

his budget is ranked lower than that so even those positions are over acheiveing. It’s not comparable to use league positions as a marker. Brings young players thru and style of play better than ours

kingantti1874
8 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

his budget is ranked lower than that so even those positions are over acheiveing. It’s not comparable to use league positions as a marker. Brings young players thru and style of play better than ours

to answer your points

The budget variance is minimal between Motherwell and Killie, Ross county, Hamilton, Livingston, Stjohnstone. He’s very much in the range..

If you go into the Motherwell forums there are plenty of threads moaning about how he didn’t bring through young players until forced. Those boys had been there a long time before Robinson, I would think he had very little if not nothing to do with their development.

They played hoofball for the first 2 years and he’s come out with some words to explain why but I’m not convinced.  Curtis main ffs

we battered them at fir park in the cup, Aberdeen leathered them as well, hibs leathered them yesterday.. I watched the game they won v livi and livi were the better side for large parts.. unconvinced

Edited by kingantti1874

Leveins Battalion

Fans on kickback are weird,Robinson has lost Kipre,Moult,Cadden,Hastie,Alex Rodrigues and Main to name a few yet has kept them competitive,hes been touted for the next international manager but aye hes shite.:vrface:

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Fans on kickback are weird,Robinson has lost Kipre,Moult,Cadden,Hastie,Alex Rodrigues and Main to name a few yet has kept them competitive,hes been touted for the next international manager but aye hes shite.:vrface:

All the other managers in the league lost players as well. 

Leveins Battalion
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

All the other managers in the league lost players as well. 

Of similar quality relative to the budget?Dont think so.

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Of similar quality relative to the budget?Dont think so.

they weren’t competitive against a dire hibs side yesterday. 

2 hours ago, Ribble said:

The slightest bit of due diligence will result in Robinson being 100% ruled out

In what respect?

Just now, Leveins Battalion said:

Some Hearts fans need to realise where we are.. Robinson is a good manager at our level,  we are not going to get an English Premier or Championship Manager or some European super coach, unfortunately Scottish Football does not at this time have the appeal or finances to attract that type of character.

Only managers like Jack Ross , who would have been a good choice for us, but we have dallied and HIbs have themselves a decent coach for this level, and Derek McInnes, guys who failed in England but were looking to resurrect there careers, this is the market we are shopping in at this time.

Stephen Robinson is the best guy available at this time, his career is on the rise, this is the best time to get him in

Anyone who thinks we are going to get much better on our budget is going to be waiting a long time, and will be very disappointed.

Clock is ticking, Levein and Budge have left us in a mess and relegation is a real possibility.

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Your judging a manager over 1 game.

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Your judging a manager over 1 game.

no I’m judging him over 2.5 seasons.. 

season 1 average

season 2 average

season 3 started very well.. however enough evidence  to suggest it’s not set to last.

Edited by kingantti1874

Leveins Battalion
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

no I’m judging him over 2.5 seasons.. 

season 1 average

season 2 average

season 3 started very well.. however enough evidence  to suggest it’s not set to last.

Your not looking at the bigger picture though,he's at Motherwell not Hibs not Aberdeen or Hearts,he signed well,he's got to a few cup finals,who knows what he could achieve at a bigger club?

Michael O'Neil obviously rates him as had him as part of his coaching team.

I'd say some of the players he's signed at Well would walk into our team and if your talking about lessons then his team gave our a lesson a few weeks ago at Tynie 👍

kingantti1874
Just now, Leveins Battalion said:

Your not looking at the bigger picture though,he's at Motherwell not Hibs not Aberdeen or Hearts,he signed well,he's got to a few cup finals,who knows what he could achieve at a bigger club?

I'd say some of the players he's signed at Well would walk into our team and if your talking about lessons then his team gave our a lesson a few weeks ago at Tynie 👍

I am perfectly aware, I’m not letting his good start to this season cloud my judgement.  After all we were top in October last year and have had similar joy in cups.. Could quite easily be a flash in the pan..

hibs ladies could give us a lesson tbh, and if it’s games at tynecastle we are looking at I think Ross County were very decent, gave a strong hearts team an absolute thrashing but I don’t hear any cries for Stuart Kettlewell..

Leveins Battalion
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I am perfectly aware, I’m not letting his good start to this season cloud my judgement.  After all we were top in October last year and have had similar joy in cups.. Could quite easily be a flash in the pan..

hibs ladies could give us a lesson tbh, and if it’s games at tynecastle we are looking at I think Ross County were very decent, gave a strong hearts team an absolute thrashing but I don’t hear any cries for Stuart Kettlewell..

Yes but Levein has signed 80 odd players and has had 8 x the budget of Motherwell.Its all relative,would Jurgen Klopp win the champions league if he was manager of say West Brom?nope.

If Jim Jefferies was manager of Falkirk in 2019 would he be on our radar as he hadn't won anything prior to coming to Hearts?no but he had a reputation of finding players.

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Yes but Levein has signed 80 odd players and has had 8 x the budget of Motherwell.Its all relative,would Jurgen Klopp win the champions league if he was manager of say West Brom?nope.

If Jim Jefferies was manager of Falkirk in 2019 would he be on our radar as he hadn't won anything prior to coming to Hearts?no but he had a reputation of finding players.

I’m not denying he’s a better option than levein or what we currently have.  I’ll be disappointed and surprised if he’s the best option full stop. Although some of the names touted for the job are  embarrassing and borderline disgraceful 

So you know what, if the club ARE convinced then they should stop pissing around and get it done because we need certainty ASAP. 

2 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Heart of Midlothian is at the mercy of a dictatorship, according to some zoomers on here.

I saw that , wtaf 😂😂😂🙈

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

I’m not denying he’s a better option than levein or what we currently have.  I’ll be disappointed and surprised if he’s the best option full stop. Although some of the names touted for the job are  embarrassing and borderline disgraceful 

So you know what, if the club ARE convinced then they should stop pissing around and get it done because we need certainty ASAP. 

Agreed!!!!

29 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

In what respect?

23 minutes ago, carrick said:

Why ?

Common theme regarding sendings offs, same team, same type of language used

3 hours ago, ramrod said:

Predicting that Ann will panic after Saturdays debacle and will approach Motherwell to speak to him in the next 48 hours . 

Not saying it's a good or a bad thing but can see her going down this route . 

👎🏻

I dont think anyone, least of all Ann, knows what she'll do this week. The recruitment process is laughable.

Having been against Robinson, I'm now at the stage i just want them to get ANYONE in. Just someone.

6 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I dont think anyone, least of all Ann, knows what she'll do this week. The recruitment process is laughable.

Having been against Robinson, I'm now at the stage i just want them to get ANYONE in. Just someone.

Could you enlighten us to the detail of the process?

Arthur Morgan

Tbf this statement that Robinson has only done well this season with Motherwell is false. Look at his record for the whole of 2019 and you'll see Motherwell would be 3rd. Actually, given the last few matches since that article I think Motherwell would be 4th for the calendar year, but it's still impressive. 

Edited by Arthur Morgan

Just now, H2 said:

No. And that's the issue. There isn't one. Lots of talking and pondering, no action. No defined system. It doesn't take this long not to offer anyone the job!!

I'm not a teeth gnasher, those who know me on here would back that up.

1 hour ago, J80MBO said:

We are hearts of Scottish league...I think we would all love pochettino...

But when  linked with likes of stuart McCall etc I can easily see why people would favour him.

McCall did a better job than him at Motherwell.

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, H2 said:

We know the scattergun “process” has seen us waste time interviewing Stuart McCall and Neil Mccann

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

I agree that if we wait 6 weeks and appoint McCall questions should be asked but if that happens there will surely be good reason. 
We are only three weeks into the six week period though so patience required for just a bit longer. It’s a bit like Xmas, waiting to see what you get!  

Why does it have to take 6 weeks though?  Can we not do it properly like other clubs and have the new manager ready before the old one is sacked - like Spurs for example?  I mean, it’s not like it was a surprise that Levein was going to have to get sacked so surely Budge should have already been looking into his replacement.

I think the reason 6 weeks was quoted is because Budge wanted to have an excuse to give it to McPhee.  Well, 3 games and 2 abysmal performances and that looks unlikely now, so the farce continues.  To be honest, we’re getting exactly what we deserve, we’re a joke on the football side.

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

As is our Austin. Just sayin!

3 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

No thanks, it better be someone better that Robinson after this wait

You've kind of endorsed her taking this long to find our next manager.

It's ok to hire a shit manager as long as you do it quick.

3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Why does it have to take 6 weeks though?  Can we not do it properly like other clubs and have the new manager ready before the old one is sacked - like Spurs for example?  I mean, it’s not like it was a surprise that Levein was going to have to get sacked so surely Budge should have already been looking into his replacement.

I think the reason 6 weeks was quoted is because Budge wanted to have an excuse to give it to McPhee.  Well, 3 games and 2 abysmal performances and that looks unlikely now, so the farce continues.  To be honest, we’re getting exactly what we deserve, we’re a joke on the football side.

But like a Michael MacIntyre joke. Painfully ******* unfunny. This is a chance to put that right. If it takes until whenever and the right man is brought in then fair enough. It takes as long as it takes.

If we get into December and Neil McCann takes over then burn the ******* place down and start from scratch

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

it’s too long mate, my season ticket cost £500, and lack of action firstly dealing with  levein and now this has effectively ruined the season.

While you can never hand out guarantees with season tickets I think there’s a valid point here. We’re out of the cup and in the relegation zone in the league. The season is write off again thanks to the managerial farce that’s been going on for 3 seasons, yet we seem no closer to resolving the problem. This is why emotions are boiling over, we’re being asked to continuously fork out cash yet we’re getting nothing back at the moment, I’m not sure the board understand this.

Edited by Rudy T

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Probably looking at bottom six as well . Only 1 home Derby and 1 home game v Huns for your 500 notes replaced by games v Hamilton , St Mirren or Ross County   Pathetic how we keep digging deep and getting shafted . 

3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

His team, on a shoestring budget, have been pumped far less than our team, with the 3rd/4th biggest wage bill in the league.

Who knows what he could do with better players.

If we are looking for a manager that’s team has never been pumped we are in bigger trouble than I thought. 

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

But behind Austin. 

Shanks said no
39 minutes ago, graygo said:

You've kind of endorsed her taking this long to find our next manager.

It's ok to hire a shit manager as long as you do it quick.

In a way yes, I am hoping she really knows what she is doing and by taking her time she pulls a rabbit out of the hat. 

kingantti1874
37 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

While you can never hand out guarantees with season tickets I think there’s a valid point here. We’re out of the cup and in the relegation zone in the league. The season is write off again thanks to the managerial farce that’s been going on for 3 seasons, yet we seem no closer to resolving the problem. This is why emotions are boiling over, we’re being asked to continuously fork out cash yet we’re getting nothing back at the moment, I’m not sure the board understand this.

Very very well put.. 

kingantti1874
39 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

just to add to this, this “process” we are going through is to what ? Recruit a manager for the long term? There’s no such thing.. are we going to have to go through this every 2 seasons 😂.

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

No. And that's the issue. There isn't one. Lots of talking and pondering, no action. No defined system. It doesn't take this long not to offer anyone the job!!

I'm not a teeth gnasher, those who know me on here would back that up.

How do you know there isn't one, for all we know there could be delicate negotiations going on.

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

yes they were. Denied a stonewall penalty which could  of Made it 2-2

71AD36E5-A8F8-4F31-8048-2052074CCE4C.jpeg

Edited by 1971fozzy

kingantti1874

Premiership Form Guide
Points Last Six Games

Rangers 16
Celtic 15
Aberdeen 13
Hibernian 10
Kilmarnock 10
St.Johnstone 8
St.Mirren 6
Motherwell 6
Hearts 5
Hamilton 3
Livingston 2
Ross County 2

Told you, flash in the pan

Edited by kingantti1874

19 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Reeks of desperation.

In case you haven’t noticed these are desperate times..... desperate measures are required unfortunately.

1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

yes they were. Denied a stonewall penalty which could  of Made it 2-2

71AD36E5-A8F8-4F31-8048-2052074CCE4C.jpeg

Heard Motherwell played well yesterday. Score didn't reflect game.

Not that i want Robinson particularly