• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingantti1874

• soonbe110

• Leveins Battalion

• Ribble

9 hours ago, jbee647 said:

In case you haven’t noticed these are desperate times..... desperate measures are required unfortunately.

LOL stop being such a drama queen. This has always been the the problem with the people who call for our managers heads whether they be Robbie, Cathro or Levein - they are panicky and once the target or their ire is gone, they will take the first guy anyone suggests - and then call for his head after a week...

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

LOL stop being such a drama queen. This has always been the the problem with the people who call for our managers heads whether they be Robbie, Cathro or Levein - they are panicky and once the target or their ire is gone, they will take the first guy anyone suggests - and then call for his head after a week...

Same posters rinse and repeat. 

No plan beyond " everyone oot". 

16 hours ago, GinRummy said:

His team, on a shoestring budget, have been pumped far less than our team, with the 3rd/4th biggest wage bill in the league.

Who knows what he could do with better players.

But still finished 8th last season and 7th the season before. Whereas we had a brutal season after November and still finished 6th. Not saying we should have kept the status quo but it needs perspective 

17 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Where to even start with that.Lets appoint a manager who has never lost a game in his career.

Well macphee is being written off after getting beat on Saturday, that seems to be the only criteria for certain people. Not saying Austin should be manager but let's not twist things to suit agendas

If we had appointed Robinson a couple of days after Levein was binned then he would have been in charge for almost a month and I can guarantee we would be in a better place then where we are now. And I highly doubt we would have been 3 nil down within 16 mins at Killie. And people would not be as angry with Budge or the rest of the board.

9 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

If we had appointed Robinson a couple of days after Levein was binned then he would have been in charge for almost a month and I can guarantee we would be in a better place then where we are now. And I highly doubt we would have been 3 nil down within 16 mins at Killie. And people would not be as angry with Budge or the rest of the board.

Correct!

11 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

Absolutely 

15 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

Spot on!

Arthur Morgan
17 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

Good post. 

18 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

In a nutshell. We wouldn't be juggling international breaks across coaches and the time could have been spent actually working on set up and strategy. That's the collateral cost of all this delay. 

37 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

Yup. 

Can't believe we are still no further forward in appointing a new gaffer. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
24 minutes ago, Jodami said:

In a nutshell. We wouldn't be juggling international breaks across coaches and the time could have been spent actually working on set up and strategy. That's the collateral cost of all this delay. 

Yip.

Cant help feeling that we are appeasing people rather than, if not laying down the law, demonstrating strong leadership.

I don't think she is disrespected by the players, the opposite as a person and an ambassador for our club, but certainly, I feel now, the players are tired of this. They are tired of a year now of malaise,  they want their future sorted out.

Whilst this is allowed to continue, its only dragging the mood further and further into a pit of apathy.

21 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Yip.

Cant help feeling that we are appeasing people rather than, if not laying down the law, demonstrating strong leadership.

I don't think she is disrespected by the players, the opposite as a person and an ambassador for our club, but certainly, I feel now, the players are tired of this. They are tired of a year now of malaise,  they want their future sorted out.

Whilst this is allowed to continue, its only dragging the mood further and further into a pit of apathy.

The point on the players is spot on. The shambolic approach on the footballing side will be felt most there. Is it a massive surprise you would fail on the back of your acting manager being absent? Also, if you consider we signed Whelan, Perreira and Meshino for this season only then the fact it is a virtual write off in November is even more alarming. New manager has a lot to consider on thinking about what the squad looks like in the future after the survival question is addressed.

• 3 weeks later...
NICKED 

Motherwell boss Stephen Robinson arrested after Edinburgh Waverley ‘disturbance’

EXCLUSIVE

By Oliver Norton
14th December 2019, 8:30 pm

MOTHERWELL manager Steven Robinson has been arrested and charged following an alleged disturbance in Edinburgh.

Police Scotland confirmed the 45-year-old has been nicked in connection with an incident on Waverley Bridge beside the city’s main train station on Friday night.

The disturbance took place on Waverley Bridge in Edinburgh

The disturbance took place on Waverley Bridge in Edinburgh

It is understood that no one was injured.

Well boss Robinson is due to appear in court at a later date.

Ad

A Police Scotland spokesperson said: “A 45-year-old man has been arrested and charged in connection with a disturbance on Waverley Bridge in Edinburgh around 7.45pm on Friday, 13 December.

“No-one was injured.

Just saw this. Very little in the way of details.

The coverage implies that he was out with his family, I’m guessing at the Xmas market based on the location of the incident.

If I had to guess, he’s probably tried to get in a cab and someone has nicked it off him & there’s been a scuffle. 

All the above is conjecture on my part.

Nobody injured so I’d expect a slap on the wrist at worst, if it even gets to court. 

Shanks said no
28 minutes ago, BigC said:

The coverage implies that he was out with his family, I’m guessing at the Xmas market based on the location of the incident.

If I had to guess, he’s probably tried to get in a cab and someone has nicked it off him & there’s been a scuffle. 

Nobody injured so I’d expect a slap on the wrist at worst, if it even gets to court. 

Lot of assumptions

23 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Why couldn't it have been levein and MacPhee?

Nothing goes right for us.

5 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Even off duty Robinson is showing more fight than Levein or Macphee. 

🤔😝👏

Ricardo Shillyshally

Hopefully this puts a stop to the Ill informed indignation from BBC Scotland about why we "didn't even make an approach" for him

Goldstone Wonder
7 hours ago, BigC said:

A total guess on my part but I’d be staggered if alcohol didn’t play a part in this incident! 

All roads lead to Gorgie

It looks like sevco are up to their old tricks to make sure of victory at Fir Park today 

:conspiracy:

kingantti1874
13 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

Was hoping we’d sacked Stendel and brought him in

give it a rest for **** sake, Robinson  an average SPL manager. We Lost yesterday because the squad is dross.. Inliked what I saw from him, the frustration at the sheer lack of ability in our squad was notable

I nearly pissed myself laughing when I read your comment on another thread saying Robinson knows when to press and be pragmatic.. ere you at the game yesterday? We were being “pragmatic” every minute beyond the first 5.  Hoofing it at Steven McLean 😂 Stendel was losing his mind

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

give it a rest for **** sake, Robinson  an average SPL manager. We Lost yesterday because the squad is dross.. Inliked what I saw from him, the frustration at the sheer lack of ability in our squad was notable

I nearly pissed myself laughing when I read your comment on another thread saying Robinson knows when to press and be pragmatic.. ere you at the game yesterday? We were being “pragmatic” every minute beyond the first 5.  Hoofing it at Steven McLean 😂 Stendel was losing his mind

Bottom line for me is we’ve gambled big time on a German guy who didn’t really have any interest in coming here, doesn’t know the league or our players. People on here spunking their knickers coz he plays geggenpress.

For me Steve Robinson is who we should’ve gone for. Knows our league, knows the players, has his team playing good football in the league we operate, is clearly good in the bargain basement market. The twice I’ve watched them this season, they’ve pressed well as a team, been well organised at the back and he has match winners in his team, brought in on a fraction of the wages our players are on. 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, buzzbomb said:

Bottom line for me is we’ve gambled big time on a German guy who didn’t really have any interest in coming here, doesn’t know the league or our players. People on here spunking their knickers coz he plays geggenpress.

For me Steve Robinson is who we should’ve gone for. Knows our league, knows the players, has his team playing good football in the league we operate, is clearly good in the bargain basement market. The twice I’ve watched them this season, they’ve pressed well as a team, been well organised at the back and he has match winners in his team, brought in on a fraction of the wages our players are on. 

And he’s not our manager - support the man we have employed.. I sit not far from the dug out and was impressed despite the outcome, he’s very passionate and absolutely was trying to change it yesterday but was hamstrung by a lack of talent, he has also openly spoken of getting the younger players back into the squad and wants to go win games 

Robinson had 3 years to change motherwell, and the majority of their fans wanted him sacked as recently as December 2018.  

Stendel has had 4 days.. 

6 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

I actually agree with your post. I have a bad feeling this could be another experiment gone wrong akin to the Cathro disaster. Obviously its far too premature for us to judge him but my gut instinct is telling its not going to work out. Lets see what transpires.

8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

And he’s not our manager - support the man we have employed.. I sit not far from the dug out and was impressed despite the outcome, he’s very passionate and absolutely was trying to change it yesterday but was hamstrung by a lack of talent, he has also openly spoken of getting the younger players back into the squad and wants to go win games 

Robinson had 3 years to change motherwell, and the majority of their fans wanted him sacked as recently as December 2018.  

Stendel has had 4 days.. 

You do know you're having dialogue with biscuit (brains) Preston ?

Sexton Hardcastle
11 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Are folk seriously writing Stendel off after 4 training sessions with the players?

Absolutely moronic.

It’s the hearts fans way. Just like they write players off, watch them go on loan to east fife and claim we made a mistake sending them on loan and state they always knew there was a player in the laddie.

See pretty much every player we have signed and cut ties with over the past 24 months.

12 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Are folk seriously writing Stendel off after 4 training sessions with the players?

Absolutely moronic.

And you’re surprised?

That the people culpable still remain as employees is where their ire should be placed.

There is no point in bringing Stendel in and not giving him adequate tools to work with. Until he gets what he needs, right minded people will understand his hands are largely tied and where the blame firmly lies.

Seymour M Hersh
10 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Why couldn't it have been levein and MacPhee?

Nothing goes right for us.

Make your mind up ffs. One minute your praising them for their wealth of experience the next this. 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

• 1 month later...
Jack Torrance

Was up in court today. Pled Not Guilty...

From The Scum:

STEPHEN ROBINSON has pleaded not guilty to two charges in relation to an alleged street disturbance.

The Motherwell boss was lifted in connection with an alleged incident on Edinburgh’s Waverley Bridge.

Motherwell boss Stephen Robinson arrives at court
Motherwell boss Stephen Robinson arrives at courtCredit: Duncan McGlynn

Today at Edinburgh Sheriff Court he pleaded not guilty.

The footie gaffer previously told The Scottish Sun: “I want to make clear that I deny the charges against me and any wrongdoing.

“I am very upset by what has become a distressing situation for my partner, myself and our families.

"It is not possible to give a detailed account when a legal process is under way.”

An alleged incident took place on December 13 just yards from the capital’s Waverley station and Christmas market.

2 minutes ago, LeftBack said:

Bbc reporting he assaulted partner

Ooft. Not good, if so. 

I'd assumed he'd got into an argument, then a scuffle, with some random. 

Just now, martoon said:

Ooft. Not good, if so. 

I'd assumed he'd got into an argument, then a scuffle, with some random. 

Pinned her to a fence apparently.

Too much mulled wine I think.....

2 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Pinned her to a fence apparently.

Too much mulled wine I think.....

Sounds nasty. 

I was in town around that time (don't recall the exact day) and there was quite a large police presence. They must have been on scene pretty quick to make the arrest. 

Footballfirst

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51137769

Motherwell manager Stephen Robinson is to stand trial next month accused of assaulting his partner.

Robinson, 45, appeared at Edinburgh Sheriff Court on Thursday charged with allegedly grabbing Robyn Lauchlan and pinning her against a fence at the city's Waverley Bridge.

He also faces a breach of the peace allegation relating to the incident on 13 December.

The Northern Irishman has pled not guilty to both charges.

"I continue to deny any wrongdoing and look forward to having the chance to clear my name at trial," Robinson said in a statement.

He is alleged to have assaulted Ms Lauchlan by seizing her by the body, pushing and pulling her by the body and pushing her back and pinning her against a fence or similar at Waverley Bridge, Edinburgh, on 13 December.

Robinson is also accused of behaving in a threatening or abusive manner by shouting, swearing and acting in an aggressive manner during the same incident.

In a statement last month, Police Scotland confirmed nobody was injured during the "disturbance".

The Fir Park manager, who has been in charge of the Scottish Premiership's third-placed side for three years, will appear for another hearing next month with his trial scheduled for 27 February.

A spokesperson for Motherwell said: "Motherwell Football Club is fully aware of the circumstances of the alleged incident and the not guilty plea made by Stephen.

"We will respect the legal process and refrain from making further comment at this time."

Edited by Footballfirst

14 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

In the middle of Edinburgh during Christmas Market?

I would not fancy going to a Christmas Market in Motherwell SG:whistling:

It's bad enough visiting for a match these days with the nonsense that the fixture is beginning to attract.

The corner where the 2 sets of fans converge was a bit hairy in December despite the police presence!

She seemingly told him after visiting the market that “Germans do everything better and that’s why hearts went for one instead of you ya dick” 

he didn’t take too kindly to it I believe.

Edited by 1874robbo

Lord Beni of Gorgie
46 minutes ago, 2205ian said:

I would not fancy going to a Christmas Market in Motherwell SG:whistling:

It's bad enough visiting for a match these days with the nonsense that the fixture is beginning to attract.

The corner where the 2 sets of fans converge was a bit hairy in December despite the police presence!

26 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

She seemingly told him after visiting the market that “Germans do everything better and that’s why hearts went for one instead of you ya dick” 

:kirklol:

34 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

😂😂