JJ the Legend

Fitzroy Pointon

9 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Are you his PA?

Nope spoke to him at a function recently. We are old golfing buddies at Musselburgh back in the day.

1 minute ago, OldGorgie said:

Which part? He certainly went to school with me.

:facepalm:

The part about retiring, I would have thought.

I met JJ at an xmas night out in town. He was there with dunfermline. Such a nice guy and only too happy to chat about Hearts. He was fine with folk getting their picture taken with him. Almost thanking folk for coming to speak to him!

Neil mccann on the other hand, who was also there with dunfermline.... bit of an arrogant t**t. 

Men my age think they can go o

Just now, Morgan said:

Like many , JJ thinks he can go on forever but the reality is he can’t. Advisor to AB definitely, but SD definitely not after his heart scare. 

1 minute ago, OldGorgie said:

Men my age think they can go o

Like many , JJ thinks he can go on forever but the reality is he can’t. Advisor to AB definitely, but SD definitely not after his heart scare. 

That’s all fair and good.

I was, however, simply answering your question, which was ‘which part’?

:thumbsup:

9 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Which part? He certainly went to school with me.

Wallyford man?

He would love to get involved at Hearts.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

If only Budge had gone to JJ as DoF instead of Levein!!

We would have had Locke as coach probably, with the likes of Hammill and Stevenson still with us. I don't think we'd have won the league with that lot. Budge's, and Levein's, initial appointments were spot on, as was our initial recruitment. I'm a massive JJ fan, but he signed his fair share of duds in his time, a few very expensive duds too.

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

We would have had Locke as coach probably, with the likes of Hammill and Stevenson still with us. I don't think we'd have won the league with that lot. Budge's, and Levein's, initial appointments were spot on, as was our initial recruitment. I'm a massive JJ fan, but he signed his fair share of duds in his time, a few very expensive duds too.

Any “duds” were massively outweighed by the likes of Weir, McCann, Cameron, Naysmith, Niemi, who were all sold for millions!

Not to mention fantastic signings like Rossett, Adam, Flogel, Salvatore, Bruno, Fulton, etc

Honestly, this thread would have been pretty enjoyable and worth a read until that turn it has taken.

I am actually cringing like ****.

:cornette:

What has happened on here? :lol:

9 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Any “duds” were massively outweighed by the likes of Weir, McCann, Cameron, Naysmith, Niemi, who were all sold for millions!

Not to mention fantastic signings like Rossett, Adam, Flogel, Salvatore, Bruno, Fulton, etc

Indeed !

JJ actually did better when he had a limited budget.

It all went downhill when we got 7 or 8 million of a media company who's name now escapes me.

JJ was involved in the highest of highs for Hearts and the lowest of lows results wise.( I won't go into the lows it's too painful)

I can confirm the bit about Wallyford primary, he was in my sister in laws class and a couple of years above my wife.

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

😂😂 smartass 

1 hour ago, Paulp74 said:

I met JJ at an xmas night out in town. He was there with dunfermline. Such a nice guy and only too happy to chat about Hearts. He was fine with folk getting their picture taken with him. Almost thanking folk for coming to speak to him!

Neil mccann on the other hand, who was also there with dunfermline.... bit of an arrogant t**t. 

I’v always got on fine with NM , no doubt JJ deserves some sort of recognition at Tynecastle in terms of a stand name or suite name. I thought he was still working with Edinburgh City? He certainly shouldn’t be up for SD or similar with us. An ambassadorial role fair enough

11 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

JJ was a fantastic manager for us and forever will be a hero. 

But time does move on. As much as I love him, I think we remember his stewardship fondly 

I wouldn't have wanted to be in the dressing room after that Falkirk game. I remember JJ going mental at the players. the kind of manager we need in the dug out today.

3 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

He may not want the role after his recent health issues. 

He does

3 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

He may not want the role after his recent health issues. 

Like Levein, his recent health issues have been sorted and aren't an issue anymore. Probably the fittest and healthiest he's been for a while just now.

Source? The man himself.

Psychedelicropcircle

Strange how he talks about people helping him yet the boy corky(one of the golfers ) is a paramedic.

3 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Strange how he talks about people helping him yet the boy corky(one of the golfers ) is a paramedic.

And a die hard Hibby who was on their books back in the day.

Not suggesting he stood back and did nothing. Mike's a great guy who I have known since we were kids.

12 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

JJ is a great guy. Went to same school as me. A Jambo through and through but it’s not fair to suggest he should be SD. Advisor to AB, yes and not before time,  but he’s ready to retire.

He has pretty much retired. Just doing some work advising for nominal fee. 

Psychedelicropcircle
7 minutes ago, graygo said:

And a die hard Hibby who was on their books back in the day.

Not suggesting he stood back and did nothing. Mike's a great guy who I have known since we were kids.

Yeah he’s some boy has a good few paramedic stories that would get you banned on here 😂

58 minutes ago, graygo said:

Like Levein, his recent health issues have been sorted and aren't an issue anymore. Probably the fittest and healthiest he's been for a while just now.

Source? The man himself.

Correct. He had a heart problem - he doesn’t anymore. 👍

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, graygo said:

Source? The man himself.

That's good to hear. 

I can't recall the NY day game quoted in the article.

Perhaps the great man is like the rest of us pensioners and getting mixed up with the passage of time😕

Top man is our JJ.  Responsible for my greatest day watching Hearts when we won the cup in 98.

Levein has left à very good platform for the next manager and SD to inherit but I think needs to be left to fresh eyes and a manager in particular who is in the up.  JJ was great in his day but that's now gone as far as his involvement in top level football is concerned.

Edited by Finlay James

It should have been ten
18 hours ago, Morgan said:

Don’t know who it is but, it’s neither Bett or Jamieson.

Definitely Scott Leitch though.

This, looks nowt like Bett. Ok maybe the hair a wee bit. 

Stephane Grappelli
On 16/11/2019 at 20:14, Morgan said:

That Smith is an arsehole.

:spoton:

Doesn't matter what the supposed topic is, he always ends up writing about his favourite subject, which is himself.  The epitome of the Hibbie bore.

I think it might be big Kev James next to Leitch. The squishy nose thing is making it tricky.

Dont think it’s Bett. Thought Bett was decent for us. Very classy 

Edited by Jamhammer

5 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I think it might be big Kev James next to Leitch. The squishy nose thing is making it tricky.

Cancel. It’s not Kev and that’s straight from the horses mouth. He doesn’t think it’s Jim Bett either 

Fitzroy Pointon

Just checked London Hearts.  Subs that night were Bett, Leitch, Cramb, Nelson and Wright.  So it has to be Bett surely.  

13 hours ago, The Kdogg said:

It’s a young Gary Naismith 

Who is?

Definitely not the chap in the dug-out, because that is, without a doubt, Scott Leitch.

1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

Cancel. It’s not Kev and that’s straight from the horses mouth. He doesn’t think it’s Jim Bett either 

The hair is Jim Bett, the nose to a certain degree, but I’m still sure it’s not him!

33 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Just checked London Hearts.  Subs that night were Bett, Leitch, Cramb, Nelson and Wright.  So it has to be Bett surely.  

That, and its jim Betts face and jim Betts hair

Fitzroy Pointon
13 minutes ago, Smithee said:

That, and its jim Betts face and jim Betts hair

Well yeah, that too!