Who has Definitely Applied for Manager or SD?

CostaJambo

33 minutes ago, luckydug said:

McPhee is the best of that bunch imo

Freedman looks a good candidate. My gut is really saying Austin has the vision and know-how and communication skills to take us to that next level. 

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cruyff Turn

• Mr Elwood P

• soonbe110

• jambopilms

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I’ve stated my reasons above and my reasons for not wanting the others. Alexander wouldn’t be my first choice, clearly but he’s done more in his managerial career than Dougie Freedman who’s never been offered a job anywhere. 

Warnock = old as ****, hoofball

Cotterill = Wrist slitting enthusiasm. 

Why is Alexander getting promoted to League Two with Salford City, better then Cotterill getting promoted to the English Championship and winning the EFL Cup with Bristol City? Salford have massive financial backing. I can’t see any logic in your point of view. Especially given that Alexander has been sacked twice at a lower level.

1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

When?

And who else? 

He has only managed three clubs, Palace, Bolton and Forest. Offered jobs by all three. Only sacked by one of them, Forest, who were in trouble and owner wanted Nigel Clough in. Sacked when they had been on a decent run as well. 

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

More likely the first interviews are the most likely. Once she finds her man she can tell the rest to save their petrol.

Felix is the man I think would satisfy CTs German fetish☺

Magath ,,winner ......👏👏👏👏🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻I hope.....

28 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Why is Alexander getting promoted to League Two with Salford City, better then Cotterill getting promoted to the English Championship and winning the EFL Cup with Bristol City? Salford have massive financial backing. I can’t see any logic in your point of view. Especially given that Alexander has been sacked twice at a lower level.

I’m not entirely against Cotterill tbh. He’s like a Nigel Adkins. Both would probably do a decent job, both experienced but a bit hit and miss. His records pretty good but he’s a bit depressive and he was terrible at Birmingham & he had an awful time after promotion with Bristol, struggled to make the step up. I’m not sure about those types of English managers tbh.

As I’ve said above, Alexander was a good player, he was a captain and a leader.

He’s a relatively young manager, yet experienced and potentially one on the way up. He’s just never had the chance to manage at a bigger side other than as a caretaker at Preston. I suspect however that he one day will as he’s a legend there.

Got Fleetwood to the playoffs.

Got Scunthorpe to the playoffs.

Got Salford to the playoffs and promotion.

You fail to recognise that Salford are only in their first season in League 1 and they are doing pretty well, only 3 points off the playoffs. Even Danny Cowley consolidated Lincoln first season before getting them to the playoffs or promotion 2nd season and his record was outstanding.

Alexanders record as manager is 

B1241F82-595F-48F1-9D7C-969BA7DCD0F4.thumb.jpeg.7b9be9f935f74241c11517c469a0a390.jpeg

That’s pretty good and he’s pretty consistent.

As ive said, hardly my first choice but if we’re scraping the barrel and looking for someone to prove themselves in a better league, a different system & structure at a better club, he might not be a bad option.

23 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

He has only managed three clubs, Palace, Bolton and Forest. Offered jobs by all three. Only sacked by one of them, Forest, who were in trouble and owner wanted Nigel Clough in. Sacked when they had been on a decent run as well. 

So you’re talking rubbish about clubs offering him a job since then? 

He was sacked at Bolton as well. So you’re talking mince. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/dougie-freedman-sacked-by-bolton-after-poor-run-of-form-9772662.html%3famp

His record as a manager is rotten. :rofl:

Crystal Palace 

G 90

W 32

D 27

L 31

Win Ratio = 35.56% 

Bolton

G 99

W 34

D 31

L 34

Win Ratio = 34.34%

Notts Forest

G 57

W 19

D 16

L 22

Win Ratio = 33.33%

Total

G 246

W 85

D 74

L 87 

Win Ratio = 34.55%

Just to show how shite that is

Craig Levein 2nd spell win ratio = 39.62%

Craig Levein Total win ratio = 38.57%

:rofl:

2 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I’m not entirely against Cotterill tbh. He’s like a Nigel Adkins. Both would probably do a decent job, both experienced but a bit hit and miss. His records pretty good but he’s a bit depressive and he was terrible at Birmingham & he had an awful time after promotion with Bristol, struggled to make the step up. I’m not sure about those types of English managers tbh.

He’s a relatively young manager, yet experienced and potentially one on the way up. He’s just never had the chance to manage at a bigger side other than as a caretaker at Preston. I suspect however that he one day will as he’s a legend there

2 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

You fail to recognise that Salford are only in their first season in League 1 and they are doing pretty well, only 3 points off the playoffs. Even Danny Cowley consolidated Lincoln first season before getting them to the playoffs or promotion 2nd season and his record was outstanding.

B1241F82-595F-48F1-9D7C-969BA7DCD0F4.thumb.jpeg.7b9be9f935f74241c11517c469a0a390.jpeg

As ive said, hardly my first choice but if we’re scraping the barrel and looking for someone to prove themselves in a better league, a different system & structure at a better club, he might not be a bad option.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/dougie-freedman-sacked-by-bolton-after-poor-run-of-form-9772662.html%3famp

Crystal Palace 

G 90

W 32

D 27

L 31

Win Ratio = 35.56% 

Bolton

G 99

W 34

D 31

L 34

Win Ratio = 34.34%

Notts Forest

G 57

W 19

D 16

L 22

Win Ratio = 33.33%

Total

G 246

W 85

D 74

L 87 

Win Ratio = 34.55%

Aye, cause they’re in League Two!

23 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

:laugh: that it, is my interrogation over? 

He couldn’t handle all the facts you gave him that didn’t suit his argument. 😜

Must admit I didn’t really think about Alexander but he could be exactly what we need. I liked him as a player and you would be guaranteed the players would work their arses off in his teams or they would not be playing. Decent if not massive amount of experience also. We could do a lot worse. 

42 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

:laugh: that it, is my interrogation over? 

16 minutes ago, rick witter said:

He couldn’t handle all the facts you gave him that didn’t suit his argument. 😜

Must admit I didn’t really think about Alexander but he could be exactly what we need. I liked him as a player and you would be guaranteed the players would work their arses off in his teams or they would not be playing. Decent if not massive amount of experience also. We could do a lot worse. 

A manager who won promotion to the English Championship is obviously more impressive than a manager who won promotion to League Two, whilst being backed by millionaire ex Man United players!

7 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

A manager who won promotion to the English Championship is obviously more impressive than a manager who won promotion to League Two, whilst being backed by millionaire ex Man United players!

Not obvious at all. It’s all about opinions. 

19 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

That’s a shocker of an argument.

Roberto Di Matteo has won the Champions League as manager, Diego Simeone hasn’t.

Does that mean that Roberto Di Matteo is a better Manager than Diego Simeone? 

Claudio Ranieri has won the Premier League, Jurgen Klopp has not.

Who would you rather have as manager?

Owen Coyle has won the Championship playoffs with Burnley, Daniel Stendel hasn’t 

Would you take Owen Coyle over Daniel Stendel? 

:facepalm:

Edited by Cruyff Turn

12 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Roberto Di Matteo has won the Champions League as manager, Diego Simeone hasn’t.

Owen Coyle has won the Championship playoffs with Burnley, Daniel Stendel hasn’t 

Exactly 🙈🙈🙈

18 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

One manager won promotion to the English League Two with financially doped club. The other has had a number of successes on a equal playing field. Understand? The Di Matteo example is hilarious. 

Seymour M Hersh
3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

One manager won promotion to the English League Two with financially doped club. The other has had a number of successes on a equal playing field. Understand? The Di Matteo example is hilarious. 

if-you-find-yourself-in-a-hole-the-first-thing-to-do-is-stop-digging-quote-1.jpg

13 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

if-you-find-yourself-in-a-hole-the-first-thing-to-do-is-stop-digging-quote-1.jpg

You prefer Alexander to Cotterill? I’d rather have to manager that won League One, instead of the one that won the play offs to get into League Two. Not sure how anyone can logically argue against that? Also Cotterill won League Two with Notts County and the EFL Trophy with Bristol City. Pretty clear cut to me?

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

You prefer Alexander to Cotterill? I’d rather have to manager that won League One, instead of the one that won the play offs to get into League Two. Not sure how anyone can logically argue against that? Also Cotterill won League Two with Notts County and the EFL Trophy with Bristol City. Pretty clear cut to me?

It was a generalisation young man. Personally I'm for Stendel.

3 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

He’s a relatively young manager, yet experienced and potentially one on the way up. He’s just never had the chance to manage at a bigger side other than as a caretaker at Preston. I suspect however that he one day will as he’s a legend there.

Crystal Palace 

G 90

W 32

D 27

L 31

Win Ratio = 35.56% 

Bolton

G 99

W 34

D 31

L 34

Win Ratio = 34.34%

Notts Forest

G 57

W 19

D 16

L 22

Win Ratio = 33.33%

Total

G 246

W 85

D 74

L 87 

Win Ratio = 34.55%

Sorry, but check it out. He hasn’t been knocked back for any jobs since Forest because he has been Sporting Director at palace for over two years. Very nearly head coach with us in Aug 17 but he took a better offer. 

Wasnt  sacked at Bolton. It was mutual decision. The time he left was when their parachute money had just run out, they were over £100m in debt, sold all their decent players and no money for replacements. He didn’t want to stay and they wanted a smaller and cheaper management team so his departure suited both parties. Still held in very high regard at Bolton. 

You clearly know nothing about managers win ratios in English football, certainly the top two leagues. Gareth Southgate 30%, Gordon Strachan 34%, Sam Allardyce 39%, Roberto Martinez 39%. Yes you are correct their win rates make them completely unsuitable for Hearts. We must find much better. 

Get real. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

It is hilarious, which kind of fits in with your argument that one manager who has won a promotion or a trophy at a higher level, (despite being older and having tonnes more clubs) that must make them more impressive. It clearly doesn’t as I’ve just pointed out to you.

I had also mentioned something else you have completely blanked.

Alexander’s been manager of 3 clubs and has managed to get each one of them into the playoffs.

Robbie Neilson didn’t manage that at MK Dons, not even close,  yet has won a Championship title in Scotland and a 3rd place SPFL finish which is the highest league position we have achieved for a long time.

You keep pointing out that Salford were well off compared to other National League clubs. He’s clearly achieved what they expected because he’s still there and having stepped up a level to a much more level playing field, he’s currently 3 points of the playoffs. 

Maybe a couple of things worth considering there.

Either way, as I’ve said, Alexander would be way down the list for me but certainly someone with more potential than Cotterill and so far, a rather solid record as manager. 

3 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

It is hilarious, which kind of fits in with your argument that one manager who has won a promotion or a trophy at a higher level, (despite being older and having tonnes more clubs) that must make them more impressive. It clearly doesn’t as I’ve just pointed out to you.

I had also mentioned something else you have completely blanked.

Alexander’s been manager of 3 clubs and has managed to get each one of them into the playoffs.

Robbie Neilson didn’t manage that at MK Dons, not even close,  yet has won a Championship title in Scotland and a 3rd place SPFL finish which is the highest league position we have achieved for a long time.

You keep pointing out that Salford were well off compared to other National League clubs. He’s clearly achieved what they expected because he’s still there and having stepped up a level to a much more level playing field, he’s currently 3 points of the playoffs. 

Maybe a couple of things worth considering there.

Either way, as I’ve said, Alexander would be way down the list for me but certainly someone with more potential than Cotterill and so far, a rather solid record as manager. 

Who is top of the wish list?

13 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

It was a generalisation young man. Personally I'm for Stendel.

Stendel for me too, when it comes down to it!

3 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Correct. 👍🏼 

Do you agree re win ratios in England? Mean nothing in a Scottish context. These guys don’t get freebie wins against Hamilton, Livy, St. Mirren every second week. 

3 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Jack Ross has been interviewed according to the Evening News. 

I'm surprised at that, after the way he left the club. 

Not sure that rag knows which day of the week it is. 

5 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Jack Ross has been interviewed according to the Evening News. 

I'm surprised at that, after the way he left the club. 

Probably just want to make out he chose hibs over us. 

43 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Who is top of the wish list?

Stendel for me too, when it comes down to it!

Daniel Stendel & Nathan Jones would certainly be at the top.

41 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Do you agree re win ratios in England? Mean nothing in a Scottish context. These guys don’t get freebie wins against Hamilton, Livy, St. Mirren every second week. 

It depends how many jobs they’ve had and who they have managed.

I wouldn’t be looking at anyone who has less than 40% at most clubs. 

No one in Scotland other than the OF get freebie wins. If anything, the Scottish leagues tighter as it doesn’t have 24 teams in a division. 

In all honesty, we shouldn’t be settling for shite. The fans standards have dropped to the point we’re actually debating the merits of any of these jokers. The club needs to show some level of ambition and be a bit more forward thinking. 

9 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

No one in Scotland other than the OF get freebie wins. If anything, the Scottish leagues tighter as it doesn’t have 24 teams in a division. 

In all honesty, we shouldn’t be settling for shite. The fans standards have dropped to the point we’re actually debating the merits of any of these jokers. The club needs to show some level of ambition and be a bit more forward thinking. 

Very few, if any, we are interviewing can be considered shite in reality. They have mostly all had fairly long and successful careers in the game. There a few more inexperienced ones on the media list. Hiring a manager is a lottery in football, think it’s something like 85% don’t last two years or something like that.  
in any case this is the first week of an extensive recruitment process. Last week gathering applicants. Now on first round of interviews, second round likely next week or the week after. Budge isn’t expecting to make an appointment for another 2-4 weeks. Making sure she covers all the bases and talks to all interested parties. 

32 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Who are all these previous marquee managers that we’ve had? No idea where you are getting the expectation from. Look at our last 10 managers? Who’s the most high profile in our history?

37 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

would certainly be at the top.

Theses a difference between showing ambition and being realistic. You can't force a manger to work for us and we can't compete with the top 3 leagues in England for wages. I think you need to manage your expectations .

22 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Very few, if any, we are interviewing can be considered shite in reality. They have mostly all had fairly long and successful careers in the game. There a few more inexperienced ones on the media list. Hiring a manager is a lottery in football, think it’s something like 85% don’t last two years or something like that.  
in any case this is the first week of an extensive recruitment process. Last week gathering applicants. Now on first round of interviews, second round likely next week or the week after. Budge isn’t expecting to make an appointment for another 2-4 weeks. Making sure she covers all the bases and talks to all interested parties. 

All managers get sacked. Especially in foreign countries and now in England managers get little time because of the money involved but you can still sift through the shite pretty easily. There’s good ones out there, ones which have good records. 

The names mention so far are exactly that.. Billy Davies, Billy McKinlay, Stuart McCall, Neil McCann, no doubt Snake will be up here for an interview. Steve Cotterill who’s probably applied for every job from here to Timbuktu. Stuart Baxter, Owen Coyle will be in there.

Just has beens and desperados who most clubs would throw their CV’s in the shredder and we’re giving them interviews like it’s Joe Public applying for a job at one of Ann’s firms.🤦🏻‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Who are all these previous marquee managers that we’ve had? No idea where you are getting the expectation from. Look at our last 10 managers? Who’s the most high profile in our history?

George Burley was marquee. More marquee than Stendel or Nathan Jones would be.

My expectations are entirely realistic. It’s the clubs level of ambition that needs to be looked at.

2 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

All managers get sacked. Especially in foreign countries and now in England managers get little time because of the money involved but you can still sift through the shite pretty easily. There’s good ones out there, ones which have good records. 

The names mention so far are exactly that.. Billy Davies, Billy McKinlay, Stuart McCall, Neil McCann, no doubt Snake will be up here for an interview. Steve Cotterill who’s probably applied for every job from here to Timbuktu. Stuart Baxter, Owen Coyle will be in there.

Just has beens and desperados who most clubs would throw their CV’s in the shredder and we’re giving them interviews like it’s Joe Public applying for a job at one of Ann’s firms.🤦🏻‍♂️

George Burley was marquee. More marquee than Stendel or Nathan Jones would be.

My expectations are entirely realistic. It’s the clubs level of ambition that needs to be looked at.

Gary Locke

Robbie Neilson 

Ian Cathro

Craig Levein 

Burley is probably the only marquee manager in 30 years, when we were backed by a millionaire lunatic! Nothing to suggest we can attract another marquee type manager. Hibs hawk appointed Jack Ross ...

13 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Theses a difference between showing ambition and being realistic. You can't force a manger to work for us and we can't compete with the top 3 leagues in England for wages. I think you need to manage your expectations .

Our revenue is twice that of your average League 1 club. 

Manage my expectations?

Are you for real or is this just a symptom of how far our standards have fallen,  that folk think the likes of Stuart McCall and Neil McCann would be acceptable after 3 years of shambolic management from the club? 

The bar should be set high and the support should be willing to be fobbed off. 

5 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Manage my expectations?

Are you for real or is this just a symptom of how far our standards have fallen,  that folk think the likes of Stuart McCall and Neil McCann would be acceptable after 3 years of shambolic management from the club? 

I dont think anyone has said we should settle for McCall or McCann.

Gary Locke

Robbie Neilson 

Ian Cathro

Craig Levein 

Burley is probably the only marquee manager in 30 years, when we were backed by a millionaire lunatic! Nothing to suggest we can attract another marquee type manager. Hibs hawk appointed Jack Ross ...

That was the question you asked. “Who was our marquee signing?”

We agree it was Burley. 

Joe Jordan was marquee as well tbf, a big name.

Actually, there is plenty suggest we can, plenty.

Ann has suggested that, she says money isn’t an issue due to our mysterious benefactors. 

We’ve got a better level of infrastructure than most clubs on the planet. Top notch Academy, a Performance Centre, a Decent ground, no debt, good turnover. A club clearly not meeting expectations l. 

Why wouldn’t a good manager come here? I’m sure Ann said something similar.

Are you seriously suggesting that Daniel Stendel who managed Barnsley and Nathan Jones who was at Luton before he was recently punted by Stoke, are George Burley level marquee and that they are out of our league? 

If that is the thought process of the fans and the club, we should just close up now. 

5 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Manage my expectations?

Ok, I agree that our revenue is 2x average league 1 club but your argument is that the managers from that league are not good enough for us eg Cotterill, McCall etc

Next league up is championship and their average revenues are more than 2x ours. 
Where do we/you go for a manager that meets your expectations. Stendel and Jones might be our only hopes, however, given what Stoke are reportedly paying O’Neill I cant see either coming here for 6x less, and even that is a 2x increase on what we were paying Levein. 
Aspiration v expectation v reality is always a tough battle. 

1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

That was the question you asked. “Who was our marquee signing?”

We agree it was Burley. 

Joe Jordan was marquee as well tbf, a big name.

Actually, there is plenty suggest we can, plenty.

Ann has suggested that, she says money isn’t an issue due to our mysterious benefactors. 

We’ve got a better level of infrastructure than most clubs on the planet. Top notch Academy, a Performance Centre, a Decent ground, no debt, good turnover. A club clearly not meeting expectations l. 

Why wouldn’t a good manager come here? I’m sure Ann said something similar.

Are you seriously suggesting that Daniel Stendel who managed Barnsley and Nathan Jones who was at Luton before he was recently punted by Stoke, are George Burley level marquee and that they are out of our league? 

If that is the thought process of the fans and the club, we should just close up now. 

So one marquee manager every decade or so? We can attract a good manager but the likes of Freedman, Warnock and Cotterill are all just that. To suggest they aren’t up to standards when we’ve previously had a load of ex players as

managers is blatant nonsense. Any manager with any kind of success in England’s League One or Championship would be a great appointment.

3 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

I dont think anyone has said we should settle for McCall or McCann.

What does “manage expectations mean then” ? Make up your mind

On a 1-10 scale of expectation, where is Neil McCann and Stuart McCall compared with say Stendel & Jones? 

15 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

What does “manage expectations mean then” ? Make up your mind

On a 1-10 scale of expectation, where is Neil McCann and Stuart McCall compared with say Stendel & Jones? 

I'm not the one saying we must do this that or the other, we arent showing ambition etc.

McCann and McCall are low on the list but I wouldnt expect them to get the job. Nobody knows if we can get Stendel or Jones or if they are even interested in coming to Scotland.

Manage expectations means stop pissing your pants over managers when you have no clue who we are interested in or who we will appoint.

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Ok, I agree that our revenue is 2x average league 1 club but your argument is that the managers from that league are not good enough for us eg Cotterill, McCall etc

Next league up is championship and their average revenues are more than 2x ours. 
Where do we/you go for a manager that meets your expectations. Stendel and Jones might be our only hopes, however, given what Stoke are reportedly paying O’Neill I cant see either coming here for 6x less, and even that is a 2x increase on what we were paying Levein. 
Aspiration v expectation v reality is always a tough battle. 

If the likes of McCall were good enough for Hearts, they would have been bouncing about League 1 and League 2 for the last few years. 

Where’s the standards? 

Stoke have pulled the chequebook out with O’Neill because they are desperate to turn their fortunes around. He was on a million quid a year or something at N.Ireland, there’s no way they were paying Jones close to that and a very much doubt Barnsley were paying Stendel much more than what we were paying Levein.

Barnsley’s previous coach went to Hibs. 

So one marquee manager every decade or so? We can attract a good manager but the likes of Freedman, Warnock and Cotterill are all just that. To suggest they aren’t up to standards when we’ve previously had a load of ex players as

managers is blatant nonsense. Any manager with any kind of success in England’s League One or Championship would be a great appointment.

So you’re framing your entire argument on a 10 year basis at Hearts where we’ve had a mad nutter incharge, been in admin, relegated and have come out the other side in a better position financially more than any point in our history, with minted benefactors. 

And you are seriously suggesting that this is the same level of appointment at any other time in the last 10 years at Hearts? 

Must try harder. 

I agree, a successful League 1 or Championship level manager would be a good appointment but it’s not just a case of looking at their CV and saying, aye, he did a good job at Bristol City 5 years ago. He did a shite job at Birmingham 2 years ago and no ones touched him with a barge pole since.

You need to move with the times, look at why these guys are applying. 

We want someone that has a bit fire in their belly, who wants to move up the food chain, maybe someone who has a modern philosophy and has incorporated modern tactics into his way of playing. Football changes, things go in and out of fashion. We don’t want someone who’s just looking for just another wage.

Warnock interests me in that respect. He doesn’t need to do it, he could retire tomorrow but he says he wants to come here to win something. He has the experience and know how, the only issue I have is his style of football, something we have been subject to for too many seasons.

I’d prefer someone looking to step up, someone that wants a proper challenge, someone with fresh ideas and an exciting way of playing. It’s not just about what they did at Bristol 5 years ago. You’re only as good as your last job. 

4 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

If the likes of McCall were good enough for Hearts, they would have been bouncing about League 1 and League 2 for the last few years. 

Where’s the standards? 

Stoke have pulled the chequebook out with O’Neill because they are desperate to turn their fortunes around. He was on a million quid a year or something at N.Ireland, there’s no way they were paying Jones close to that and a very much doubt Barnsley were paying Stendel much more than what we were paying Levein.

So you’re framing your entire argument on a 10 year basis at Hearts where we’ve had a mad nutter incharge, been in admin, relegated and have come out the other side in a better position financially more than any point in our history, with minted benefactors. 

And you are seriously suggesting that this is the same level of appointment at any other time in the last 10 years at Hearts? 

Must try harder. 

I agree, a successful League 1 or Championship level manager would be a good appointment but it’s not just a case of looking at their CV and saying, aye, he did a good job at Bristol City 5 years ago. He did a shite job at Birmingham 2 years ago and no ones touched him with a barge pole since.

We want someone that has a bit fire in their belly, who wants to move up the food chain, maybe someone who has a modern philosophy and has incorporated modern tactics into his way of playing. Football changes, things go in and out of fashion. We don’t want someone who’s just looking for just another wage.

Warnock interests me in that respect. He doesn’t need to do it, he could retire tomorrow but he says he wants to come here to win something. He has the experience and know how, the only issue I have is his style of football, something we have been subject to for too many seasons.

I’d prefer someone looking to step up, someone that wants a proper challenge, someone with fresh ideas and an exciting way of playing. It’s not just about what they did at Bristol 5 years ago. You’re only as good as your last job. 

You need to have a look at Stoke’s wage bill and re-engage with reality! We cannot compete on any fronts with the English Championship. We are in a better position and we should be ambitious. Pragmatism and a pinch of realism have to come

Into play also. Turning your nose up at Warnock or Freedman is insane. 

8 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

I'm not the one saying we must do this that or the other, we arent showing ambition etc.

McCann and McCall are low on the list but I wouldnt expect them to get the job. Nobody knows if we can get Stendel or Jones or if they are even interested in coming to Scotland.

Manage expectations means stop pissing your pants over managers when you have no clue who we are interested in or who we will appoint.

No it doesn’t. You just decided to have a go, you couldn’t come up with anything reasonable so that’s your response. 

I don’t trust the board, they have made an erse of things for the last 3 years, there is absolutely nothing to suggest that they will finally get it right at the 3rd attempt.

You’re right about that, we don’t know and we won’t know unless we go and find out whether these guys are interested, we can only hope.

And secondly, if we weren’t interested, we wouldn’t be interviewing the guys mentioned, otherwise why would we waste our time or theirs? 🤷🏼‍♂️ Unless Ann enjoys wasting her time which I very much doubt.

You need to have a look at Stoke’s wage bill and re-engage with reality! We cannot compete on any fronts with the English Championship. We are in a better position and we should be ambitious. Pragmatism and a pinch of realism have to come

Into play also. Turning your nose up at Warnock or Freedman is insane. 

Stokes wage bill is the remnants of having a bunch of overpaid Premier League players on long contracts unwilling to terminate. Sunderland had a similar issue.

Not sure what relevance that has to Nathan Jones who currently is unattached and previously a manager at a much smaller club than Hearts. 

Freedmans done nothing, his record is atrocious we have clearly established that. It’s worse than Leveins and almost as bad as Ian Cathros. Wouldn’t touch with Pat McGinleys. 

Maybe he’s a good Sporting Director though, hopefully he’s applying for that position.

You obviously didn’t read what I said about Warnock or you wouldn’t have posted what you have. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Judging by the reception than some of the jokers that have been interviewed are getting and the poll on here,  I think it’s clearly a case that your standards are seriously low, rather than mines being too high. 😉

12 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

No it doesn’t. You just decided to have a go, you couldn’t come up with anything reasonable so that’s your response. 

I don’t trust the board, they have made an erse of things for the last 3 years, there is absolutely nothing to suggest that they will finally get it right at the 3rd attempt.

You’re right about that, we don’t know and we won’t know unless we go and find out whether these guys are interested, we can only hope.

And secondly, if we weren’t interested, we wouldn’t be interviewing the guys mentioned, otherwise why would we waste our time or theirs? 🤷🏼‍♂️ Unless Ann enjoys wasting her time which I very much doubt.

There is nothing to suggest they are not doing it right. You have just decided they aren't. There is no evidence until we announce someone and they get their hands on the team.

8 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Where’s the standards? 

Must try harder. 

Think you are miles off the mark re salaries. O’Neill doubled his money at Stoke. Jones would be on at least half that, if not more. You can’t pay players big money and manager peanuts if you want a happy camp. Average manager salary in championship is roughly £1m, league one is £250k. Huge bonuses on top. 
Heckingbottom was at Hibs simply because Leeds were still paying him £15k per week until August 2019 less whatever Hibs paid him. Salary was in the media at the time he was sacked by Leeds after only four months. They effectively paid him £250k per month whilst he was there. Hibs are now in a very similar position with Ross who has 8 months left on his current contract which Sunderland will largely have to pay. Same as with Lennon who signed a four year deal at Bolton in 2014 then joined Hibs in 2016. Hibs last three managers have effectively been largely paid by their previous clubs after being fired. I’m surprised no-one in the media has picked up on this. They would have had it been us. 

8 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

There is nothing to suggest they are not doing it right. You have just decided they aren't. There is no evidence until we announce someone and they get their hands on the team.

True, but they’ve made an arse of it twice before, including as their hesitation to sack the poor appointments they made.

Which suggests that the outcome of them doing it a 3rd time is more probable. 🤷🏼‍♂️

But I will keep my powder dry until then and I will also give any new manager, whoever it may be, to my liking or not, a chance before we can say for sure whether the board are truly incompetent or just made a mistake due to poor advice. 

1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

True, but they’ve made an arse of it twice before, including as their hesitation to sack the poor appointments they made.

Which suggests that the outcome of them doing it a 3rd time is more probable. 🤷🏼‍♂️

But I will keep my powder dry until then and I will also give any new manager, whoever it may be, to my liking or not, a chance before we can say for sure whether the board are truly incompetent or just made a mistake due to poor advice. 

👍

15 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Think you are miles off the mark re salaries. O’Neill doubled his money at Stoke. Jones would be on at least half that, if not more. You can’t pay players big money and manager peanuts if you want a happy camp. Average manager salary in championship is roughly £1m, league one is £250k. Huge bonuses on top. 
Heckingbottom was at Hibs simply because Leeds were still paying him £15k per week until August 2019 less whatever Hibs paid him. Salary was in the media at the time he was sacked by Leeds after only four months. They effectively paid him £250k per month whilst he was there. Hibs are now in a very similar position with Ross who has 8 months left on his current contract which Sunderland will largely have to pay. Same as with Lennon who signed a four year deal at Bolton in 2014 then joined Hibs in 2016. Hibs last three managers have effectively been largely paid by their previous clubs after being fired. I’m surprised no-one in the media has picked up on this. They would have had it been us. 

Fair points acknowledged. 

I still think he’s a genuine and realistic, yet ambitious option.

I’m not saying we can pay him 16k a week, or a million quid a year, but I think by the sounds of it, we can offer a very high and competitive salary with bonuses. 

I seriously wouldn’t underestimate our pulling power and what we can pay.