Absolute Scenes

Absolute Scenes

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/michael-smith-hearts-were-poor-against-rangers-and-lacked-bravery-people-need-grow-set-825441

Absolutely slaughters his team mates and rightly so. Grow a set indeed. This man should be captain

Also wonder who he is talking about. There could be many names thrown in there

Edited by Absolute Scenes

Players like Wighton, Moshino, Bozanic are melted ice cream. I'd terminate Moshino's loan deal now as at least we can actually do something about this player. We are stuck with all the other shite.

Just now, Clerry Jambo said:

Well said Smithy

Aye but would rather it was said with fists flying in the dressing room. Instead I think the players make daisy chains and play hopscotch.

4 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Mick's spot on here. I like the bit about flying into challenges not being brave. He's totally right. Having the nuts to take tge ball and try to be positive with it is the thing.

Of course, that only works if you have team mates who want to do the same

Saturday will be interesting!

Just now, i8hibsh said:

Aye but would rather it was said with fists flying in the dressing room. Instead I think the players make daisy chains and play hopscotch.

I doubt Smith, Berra, Naisy or Whelan do. But the reaction from the rest is the issue.

We leave the kids, Hickey and Irving, out of it cos they need care, but of the rest, i only see Uche really hurting and trying to change things.

The rest are hurting and hiding.

Its what i used to do at times and a big reason i never made it to a proper decent level.

Naismith and Jamie  need to play like real men for us next week. Grab that game by the scrot.

He’s not wrong. Yesterday proved just how many spineless individuals we have in the squad just now. No effort and just going through the motions. Who ever comes in has to clear out these wastes of space.

Clear that's what happened. 

There's no hiding place at Hampden either. 

Strange. But I think the management are responsible for making sure players have the right mentality. Still some inexperienced players but they should have learned younger. Where is the desire?

A few will be out quickly with a new manager hopefully. 

Another article on the same interview in The Sun

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4912958/hearts-michael-smith-rangers-semi-final/

Nail on head 100% from Smith. And you know exactly the ones he is aiming this at. The one where Kent hit the post yesterday, watch it back, he goes past Clare and Clare makes literally zero effort to stop him. And this is a guy who Levein said would be a central midfielder this season! 3 or 4 in that 11 yesterday who you would not want in the trenches with you.

This guy should be our Captain. Once Soutter and Halkett are fit Berra drops to the bench. This man should wear the armband. 

I'm sure they would all want to have that game again. 

The main problem was not being able to react to Rangers' press forcing us to kick long. While we all might point to Clare and Wighton here no one else worked out how to change things.

To be fair Austin hasn't had time with them though he was doing much of the work under Levein. Sometimes that sort of poor show can help you in changing things though we'd much preferred to be in final. 

Any new manager will have seen that too. 

Edited by Mikey1874

1 minute ago, true-jambo said:

Compare and contrast with Bosanic's comments in the same article

Bozanic’s conversational style mirrors his playing style.

5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The main problem was not being able to react to Rangers' press forcing us to kick long. While we all might point to Clare and Wighton here no one else worked out how to change things.

To be fair Austin hasn't had time with them though he was doing much of the work under Levein. Sometimes that sort of poor show can help you in changing things though we'd much preferred to be in final. 

Regardless of pressing, game plans, shape etc we expect every one of the players selected to fight Hearts' corner in every battle on the pitch. Wighton and Clare in particular (not the only ones though) don't have the minerals to do it. Smith is calling them out on this rightly so.

Just now, Flaps_98 said:

Regardless of pressing, game plans, shape etc we expect every one of the players selected to fight Hearts' corner in every battle on the pitch. Wighton and Clare in particular (not the only ones though) don't have the minerals to do it. Smith is calling them out on this rightly so.

If that's really where we are there needs to be a root and branch change of the whole culture.

Michael Smith is the standard for what you would expect. Hopefully the younger players have the right attitude. There are some signs that the Irving, Hickey, Cochrane age groups do have more of the right attitude. 

But the others need to change or leave. 

4 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Bozanic’s conversational style mirrors his playing style.

Absolutely should have added that to my post.

He hid yesterday and scuttled about and provided the square root of **** all.

Like his comments of all sticking together and no thought to taking personal responsibility

11 minutes ago, true-jambo said:

Absolutely should have added that to my post.

He hid yesterday and scuttled about and provided the square root of **** all.

Like his comments of all sticking together and no thought to taking personal responsibility

He’s not a terrible player, but sadly he signifies a group of players at the club right now who will never play for a club bigger than Hearts and they know it.  Levein’s obsession with journeymen got us here.

He has been brilliant for us and should be our captain when Halkett & Souttar return to replace Berra.

But getting a bit fed up with us doing our talking in the papers.

34 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Really?

11 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

He has been brilliant for us and should be our captain when Halkett & Souttar return to replace Berra.

But getting a bit fed up with us doing our talking in the papers.

I would have agreed with that a month or so ago but Berra’s performances have really picked up again recently. He made some crucial blocks yesterday and got White out of jail numerous times in the first half when he was beat for pace and Tavernier breezed past him. 

Just now, Ted Hastings said:

I would have agreed with that a month or so ago but Berra’s performances have really picked up again recently. He made some crucial blocks yesterday and got White out of jail numerous times in the first half when he was beat for pace and Tavernier breezed past him. 

I had high hopes for White from his pedigree, but **** me, his positional sense is brutal for a defender!

Michael Smith didn't impress me when he first joined. Now, he's my favourite player. He's a complete professional and stands out like a sore thumb in our team.

jack D and coke
12 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I had high hopes for White from his pedigree, but **** me, his positional sense is brutal for a defender!

He’s murder. Haven’t been impressed at all. 

7 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

He’s murder. Haven’t been impressed at all. 

Our backline looked like they'd met in the carpark before the game, completely depressing. 

Smith is absolutely spot on, and thank goodness his injury doesn't sound serious. 

Bozanic though... 

“I hope we’re on the way up. If we are plateauing, I hope we are on the way up. That’s the way I have to look at it. I have to see that it is around the corner and I’ll be doing everything possible to ensure we have a good performance and try to win this week."

What does that even mean? And how are you a footballer? 

3 minutes ago, AGoodLaugh said:

Smith is absolutely spot on, and thank goodness his injury doesn't sound serious. 

Bozanic though... 

“I hope we’re on the way up. If we are plateauing, I hope we are on the way up. That’s the way I have to look at it. I have to see that it is around the corner and I’ll be doing everything possible to ensure we have a good performance and try to win this week."

What does that even mean? And how are you a footballer? 

Another Levein mouthpiece.

Some honesty for once. 

Might see a bit more of this while we're gafferless. 

Interesting that he says we're in a relegation battle, no ifs or buts about it. 

29 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Would it shock you to know that for the majority of his career he’s not played LB?  Left winger come wing back, as much a LB as Mulraney, Mitchell and Burns.  We never ****ing learn with that position 😔.

annushorribilis III

Has there been a single player put their hands up so far this season to say "I'm not delivering, I need to do more" ?

That is a scathing attack from Smith and tells you all you need to know about the atmosphere in the dressing room.  Going into battle every week with team mates who you know will shit the bed , game after game. Given the level of tinkering Levein managed and the  lack of consistent team selection , it looks like there's quite a lot who just aren't up to the job. As if we didn't already know. 

Edited by annushorribilis III

4 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Would it shock you to know that for the majority of his career he’s not played LB?  Left winger come wing back, as much a LB as Mulraney, Mitchell and Burns.  We never ****ing learn with that position 😔.

I didnt know that, ****ing hell

Absolute Scenes
7 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

I’m excited to have a manager that plays players in the right positions. How far we’ve fallen that I’m excited about that

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

You may as well make our strip a girl guide's uniform.

I bet that would entice you back to Tynie . . . . . certainly to the club shop!  Lol.

43 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Michael Smith didn't impress me when he first joined. Now, he's my favourite player. He's a complete professional and stands out like a sore thumb in our team.

I was the same regards your first sentence.  He’s not my favourite player but he’s been outstanding in these tough times. 

I simply don't think he’s that great a full back, miles better in central defence and seems to enjoy playing there.  

Give Sir Michael Smith the captains armband now. Proper player and just gets it. Unlike the rest of those imposters:

Starting team consisted off:

Pereira - bombscare 

Clare- not good enough 

Bozanic - not fit to wear the shirt and quite frankly a disgrace 

White - more like shite. Mince player and not good enough, thought he was supposed to be fast, i’ve seen milk then quicker than him

MacLean - pensioner who has been finished at this level for years and should never have been brought to this club 

Wighton - young lad who has struggled with injuries but he is simply not good enough at the moment and desperately needs a loan.

You can’t carry 1 player at this level let alone 5/6. The physicality of the Rangers players compared to ours was the biggest difference yesterday, along with the dinosaur tactics, rubbish team selection and decision making. 

1 hour ago, Jamstomorrow said:

I bet that would entice you back to Tynie . . . . . certainly to the club shop!  Lol.

Only if Uche wears it

#mancrush