Would you Boycott ??

Only a Game

Would you Boycott the Hull City game if No manager is in place  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Would you Boycott the Hull City game if No manager is in place

• No I will never boycott a Hearts game
    • Yes, if there is widespead support for it.
    • Yes, I have already decided to do so.
    • No, I havent reached the stage where I feel a boycott is apporopriate

Only a Game

I'd be happy boycotting the Hull City game. I hadnt decided whether to go or not anyway, but I'd be happy to make a decision and stay away as a protest.

I'd be happy to picket Tynecastle on the day of the game to encourage others to do likewise.

However, at least ONE of the supporters groups needs to publicly get on board with this.

I think the last time the possibility of a boycott was seriously raised, wasnt it the Gretna game in January, one of the "fans chiefs" appeared in the paper the following night and put a complete dampener on it, saying it was inappropriate to withdraw support from the team and the club. I may be wrong and apologies if I am but I believe this was Derek Watson.

So first off, if we are serious about this, who's got links or holds any position of influence in any one of the supporters groups. Perhaps the trust might be a good place to start as they are the only ones I have seen speaking publicly recently.

Or are there any Fans Forum office bearers or Federation office bearers or Shareholders office bearers on here who would care to approach their comittees for an opinion.

The question is this to them, for them to answer.

"Do we support a boycott of the Hull City game if no manager with 100% control has been put in place by the day of the game. Do we recommend action to our members and the fan base at large. Do we also plan additional protests by some people inside the ground on the day of that game and other future games if the situation does not improve. Do we contact the supporters of Hull City FC and ask them for a show of support, if not actually a boycott."

Is anyone prepared to start or sit on a small committee for kickback to organise and promote such a boycott. I would be. How about those selected to meet Charlie Mann some time ago..........Anyone actually willing to help get the ball rolling on this or are we just talking again ?

PresidentRomanov
I'd be happy boycotting the Hull City game. I hadnt decided whether to go or not anyway, but I'd be happy to make a decision and stay away as a protest.

I'd be happy to picket Tynecastle on the day of the game to encourage others to do likewise.

#

I strongly advise you not to try and encourage me :)

Only a Game
#

The poll is aimed only at people able to make a decision for themselves. No -one will get encouragement from me either way. I'm simply trying to guage support. Youve made you position quite clear. All you had to do though was vote NO.

PresidentRomanov
The poll is aimed only at people able to make a decision for themselves. No -one will get encouragement from me either way. I'm simply trying to guage support. Youve made you position quite clear. All you had to do though was vote NO.

If you're going to stand outside Tynecastle and try and encourage people not to go in, I'd prepare yourself for a bit of abuse, that's all I'm saying.

Anyway, It's irrelevant, as a new manager will be in place by then.

I won't be going to any games until there has been major changes.

I couldn't give a toss if anyone thinks I'm not a real fan.

I'll be honest here: I've purchased two tickets for the Hull game. One for me, one for my 74 year old uncle, who hasn't seen the Hearts for over thirty years! He's looking forward to a wee day out, so for that reason alone I wouldn't boycott the match. I am however, open to persuasion for future games, but I don't want to ruin this day for an old man who followed HMFC faithfully for over a quarter of a century in his younger years.

If you're going to stand outside Tynecastle and try and encourage people not to go in, I'd prepare yourself for a bit of abuse, that's all I'm saying.

I hope you aren't building yourself up for a fall with this new manager drivel. Nobody in their right mind with any ability at all would touch this job.

Would you boycott a non-competitive match which was never going to get a great attendance anyway?

Better off sending the 10,000 letters to Romanov...

Pants Shaton
Would you boycott a non-competitive match which was never going to get a great attendance anyway?

Better off sending the 10,000 letters to Romanov...

Absolutely - easy to say you're not going to a match that you perhaps never intended going to in the first place.

Just like the 'leave 15 minutes before the end' protests; hardly a meaningful gesture since most people were at the pub long before then anyway.

Much more difficult to organise a 'First 15 minutes' protest or boycotting a big game - far greater impact but too much effort for most.

I've never even THOUGHT about getting tickets for the Hull game, I go to any game usually, it never even entered my thoughts! Christ, now i Know i've totally lost interest!

However, at least ONE of the supporters groups needs to publicly get on board with this.

I think the last time the possibility of a boycott was seriously raised, wasnt it the Gretna game in January, one of the "fans chiefs" appeared in the paper the following night and put a complete dampener on it, saying it was inappropriate to withdraw support from the team and the club. I may be wrong and apologies if I am but I believe this was Derek Watson.

So first off, if we are serious about this, who's got links or holds any position of influence in any one of the supporters groups. Perhaps the trust might be a good place to start as they are the only ones I have seen speaking publicly recently.

Or are there any Fans Forum office bearers or Federation office bearers or Shareholders office bearers on here who would care to approach their comittees for an opinion.

"Do we support a boycott of the Hull City game if no manager with 100% control has been put in place by the day of the game. Do we recommend action to our members and the fan base at large. Do we also plan additional protests by some people inside the ground on the day of that game and other future games if the situation does not improve. Do we contact the supporters of Hull City FC and ask them for a show of support, if not actually a boycott."

Is anyone prepared to start or sit on a small committee for kickback to organise and promote such a boycott. I would be. How about those selected to meet Charlie Mann some time ago..........Anyone actually willing to help get the ball rolling on this or are we just talking again ?

In principle, if nothing changes, yes.

Come what may, we will appoint a manager and we do need to improve the squad so this game could well end up being like Middlesborough when Burley took over.

In the unliekly event we make what appears to be a decent appointment would you still go ahead?

Only a Game
In principle, if nothing changes, yes.

Come what may, we will appoint a manager and we do need to improve the squad so this game could well end up being like Middlesborough when Burley took over.

In the unliekly event we make what appears to be a decent appointment would you still go ahead?

Absolutely NOT !!

The sole purpose of any protest would be that the terms of the 1st January statement are delivered.

If a non pyramid manager with 100% control, or at least the appearance of 100% control is appointed, there are no grounds for protest IMO.

Only a Game
I'll be honest here: I've purchased two tickets for the Hull game. One for me, one for my 74 year old uncle, who hasn't seen the Hearts for over thirty years! He's looking forward to a wee day out, so for that reason alone I wouldn't boycott the match. I am however, open to persuasion for future games, but I don't want to ruin this day for an old man who followed HMFC faithfully for over a quarter of a century in his younger years.

This is a pressure free protest mate. Its only for those who WANT to do it and WILL do it. Go and I hope your uncle enjoys the game.

Absolutely NOT !!

The sole purpose of any protest would be that the terms of the 1st January statement are delivered.

If a non pyramid manager with 100% control, or at least the appearance of 100% control is appointed, there are no grounds for protest IMO.

Excellent - the answer I was looking for.

If we have anything other than our unlikely scenario, I'd join you at your picket line.

HeartyGraeme

I wasn't that bothered about it anyway to tell the truth.

A freindly against some second rate Inglish side nobody gives a feck about.

Boycotting a fixture like this is pretty meaningless really.

Should have been a 5th option - Maybe, I'm a Hearts fan but the game means totally feck all I dont really give a s***.

Only a Game

No-one should be verbally pressured to join the boycott if they dont want to. I certainly wouldnt indulge in that. I would suggest however that a presence from protesters might allow the chance for people to have a final thought about whether they want to join in or not.

Only a Game
I wasn't that bothered about it anyway to tell tell the truth.

A freindly against some second rate Inglish side nobody gives a feck about.

Boycotting a fixture like this is pretty meaningless really.

Not if there are significant numbers doing it. Whats the lowest crowd we might expect for this game if we have no manager. 5000 - 7000 max I'd suggest.

Getting that down to 2000-3000 would be a significant protest in my opinion.

And there's no point in stopping there if he doesnt take some notice.

Only a Game
Yes but don't except much impact.

I'm not. I'm only willing to try something. If it doesnt work then hey ho. At least we tried and at least he knows he no longer has approval for this mess.

Mod team.

Do you feel that you would like to make this a sticky or would you prefer to distance yourself from any official support for this ?

HeartyGraeme
Not if there are significant numbers doing it. Whats the lowest crowd we might expect for this game if we have no manager. 5000 - 7000 max I'd suggest.

Getting that down to 2000-3000 would be a significant protest in my opinion.

And there's no point in stopping there if he doesnt take some notice.

I understand your point and your reasons for suggesting this but do many people remember the details of that many previous pre-season games we have had?

And more importantly what the crowds we had for them?

Where previous owners of the club stung by low crowds for pre-season games?

Ok, in recent years there was Murrayfield 52,000 but that was against Barca, I dont really think anyone will give a hoot if it was 2000 or 17000 against Hull City.

Who cares? What does that really mean?

Far better off targeting the motherwell game.

Only a Game
I understand your point and your reasons for suggesting this but do many people remember the details of that many previous pre-season games we have had?

And more importantly what the crowds we had for them?

Where previous owners of the club stung by low crowds for pre-season games?

Ok, in recent years there was Murrayfield 52,000 but that was against Barca, I dont really think anyone will give a hoot if it was 2000 or 17000 against Hull City.

Who cares? What does that really mean?

Far better off targeting the motherwell game.

Hull City would serve as a warning shot with no damage done.

Motherwell is the real deal and we'd have to think about that one after Hull City and see if there was a willingness to boycott that as well.

its a bit of a leap asking people to stay away from a friendly they havent paid for to asking them to stay away from the first league game of the season when they have paid for it.

Geoff Kilpatrick

People are forgetting that part of the friendly deal is that we pay the visiting club's expenses which is recouped via the gate.

By not paying the club takes a financial hit as well. This is a good thing!

It would really need to be a large boycott to get Vlad's attention and even then, his utter contempt for the fans tells me he would not care anyway. He may throw us a bone with platitudes and empty promises but how much more can we fans take ?

Guest Tynie Bubbles

Boycotting a high profile game such as the Derby or the visit of the Old Firm would be more effective, but would anybody really want the supporters of those clubs to be in the ascendancy in our absence?

I don't wish to sound belittling towards those considering organising this, but targetting the Hull game, a fixture that is evidently unattractive to many people anyway, is a fairly tokenist gesture.

That said, if there was a properly organised boycott with clear objectives I would probably support that.

But I don't know if picket lines are a good idea, the scope for hostility and intimidation from people who want to attend the game and those who want them to do otherwise could be considerable.

At the end of the day, the Hearts support was never more divided than it is now, a lot of those divisions were caused by Romanov, but many more polarised factions were borne from bickering amongst ourselves ... effectively the fan base have conquered themselves already :confused:

Seymour M Hersh
No-one should be verbally pressured to join the boycott if they dont want to. I certainly wouldnt indulge in that. I would suggest however that a presence from protesters might allow the chance for people to have a final thought about whether they want to join in or not.

Perhaps you wouldn't but you only have to look at picket lines during strikes (and lets be honest that's what it would be a picket line) to see how easily and quickly it can get out of control and violent.

jambohhearts2006

And your source is!!!! lets face it we will be strating ou new season with korobochka and thats it. we are never gonna have a decent manager in place simply because nobody is interested!!!!

wake up!!

You work for the club, don't you.

Before reading OAG's post

I was simply not planning to go.

After reading OAGs post however

I'm now planning to Boycott the game instead

I'd also now like my non-attendance at last years game against Barca to be interpreted as a gesture of fury as well (And nothing to do with my mates wedding that day)

I don't know the difference between boycotting the game and not going to the game. I have a season ticket so will be attending every league game however this match can have my seat empty as a protest about the way the club is being run.

I think there will be notice taken if nobody goes.

Ray Winstone

I would not boycott - under someone with Romanov's personality - it would be pointless.

I was never going to go anyway, most pre-season games are pintless froma fans point of view, unless your are playing a really ***** hot team, i.e. Barcelona.

sneakypete

now is the time for action as 7 months ago vlad promise a manager with total control and basically we all fell for it , well now we have to take action and yes i wont be renewing my st or my wifes an kids either as we are a joke , we really should be boycotting the motherwell game as well just to show we mean buissness , no doubt there will be a few who will critise me but **** you an vlad coshe is ruining our once proud club , jambos till i die , get the lithiuanians out now an that includes miko

What's the point in boycotting? I boycotted the game against Barca a year ago and still 52,000 of you went!

#

Surely as you'll be standing in line at Ibrox it won't matter who's picketing or not?

Damn right I would.

The way I'm feeling now I can't see me being at Tynecastle this entire season.

I won't be going to any games until there has been major changes.

I couldn't give a toss if anyone thinks I'm not a real fan.

Do you really think anyone cares whether you are there or not?

I hope you aren't building yourself up for a fall with this new manager drivel. Nobody in their right mind with any ability at all would touch this job.

So why is George Burley saying that there's lots of people interested and it's a great club abd job??

Gerd Muller

Not read the thread but I'm defo not renewing or going to the hull game. Thats the latest from me.

winston churchill

i am booked up for germany for the pre season games.

i think i might boycott the games, and just stay in a frankfurt knocking shop.

Boycotting home matches is not the answer.

Not buying half time refreshments, programmes, and club merchandise is the way to go. That along with no one taking there seats at home games until 15minutes into the game.

Interesting that the people doing most of the stirring about boycotts etc are those with fewer than fifty posts. The whole boards in infested with 5th columnists!!!!!

Gerd Muller
Not buying half time refreshments, programmes, and club merchandise is the way to go. That along with no one taking there seats at home games until 15minutes into the game.

Agree, this is a very good idea and I see a few people have raised in on the July 1st Time for Action thread however I'm still boycotting games because I'm not handing over my money to something I don't believe in.

Agree, this is a very good idea and I see a few people have raised in on the July 1st Time for Action thread however I'm still boycotting games because I'm not handing over my money to something I don't believe in.

I respect your reasons for not going to games - however personally, I've attended matches at Tynecastle for fifty years and been through some real bad times with the club, and I don't really see that boycotting games would make a jot of difference to Romanov ( he's been on his own personal boycott for about a year).

With over 9,000 season tickets sold a boycott would only affect the club marginally from a financial point of view. Taking action that nudges into the financial affairs of the clubs business partners such as the catering concession or Umbro's merchandise would have some clout as these people are sure to squeal if their goods are not being purchased.

Personally I think we have to find a way of hurting Romanov and making him take notice without hurting the club.

Gerd Muller
Personally I think we have to find a way of hurting Romanov and making him take notice without hurting the club.

Thats the quote of the day because at the end of the day we are all Hearts fans. We support the club but at the moment Romanov is going about it all the wrong way.

i am booked up for germany for the pre season games.

i think i might boycott the games, and just stay in a frankfurt knocking shop.

That was the plan anyway jerry :)

Only a Game

In the interests of those who want to support a boycott (and those who dont), could I please ask everyone visiting this thread to vote one way or the other !!

225 people voting (Is this issue not impoprtant enough for some of you ?) is nowhere near enough to determine if the fan base at large are for or against a boycott.

At the moment it looks like 81% or so of those who have voted, favour a boycott.

But it also looks like substantial numbers of members dont actually give a toss one way or the other. Very nearly 1000 visits to the thread and only 225 voted......

Geoff Kilpatrick
In the interests of those who want to support a boycott (and those who dont), could I please ask everyone visiting this thread to vote one way or the other !!

225 people voting (Is this issue not impoprtant enough for some of you ?) is nowhere near enough to determine if the fan base at large are for or against a boycott.

At the moment it looks like 81% or so of those who have voted, favour a boycott.

But it also looks like substantial numbers of members dont actually give a toss one way or the other. Very nearly 1000 visits to the thread and only 225 voted......

I've read the thread but there is no point in me voting on it!!

Captain Lithuania

I don't think we will have a new manager, nobody will touch us. Nobody wants to be affiliated with us, not even people from Eastern Europe.

Archived