Things to Take to T in the Park

Rawrrrrrrr

You need to get a seat with a beer holder. You can get them in Tesco's for about ?4 and they're strong enough.

i think they are sold out, we got some from Argos on sat for ?5.50 each, with beer holder!! the good times!! :dribble:

Rawrrrrrrr

Seat is sorted ?6 courtesy of asda

Folds up and down, arm rests and drinks holder, pretty sturdy too

Pete Seeger
will a 6 D Cell Maglite do the trick? :confused:

I'm going to have a thick moment and grudgingly admit to not knowing what a 6 d cell maglite is :confused:

tommythejambo
beats waking up at 7am for three days and wondering what your gonna do till the afternoon. there no that strong anyway, there hardly vallies.

Drink!!! Thats what I did last year.

Only took a tent, sleeping bag, a spare pair of boxers, a toothbrush and toothpaste last year and I was fine.

conn artist
Drink!!!

true, there always that or make a dent in the south american market and you wont need sleep. you only really need an hour tops a day at festies anyway and looking at this years line up think there will be plenty of time to find that hour.

tommythejambo
true, there always that or make a dent in the south american market and you wont need sleep. you only really need an hour tops a day at festies anyway and looking at this years line up think there will be plenty of time to find that hour.

If it takes an hour to get you Lillian Gished I admire you in a way.

Take plenty of water, the taps are always hoachin' at peak times of the day.

Also, whoever said take plenty dry socks is talking sense. If it rains you'll end up going through socks like Romanov does managers.

Pear cider from Ikea is an excellent Festival choice as its easier to drink for your breakfast than stale lager.

Bring a Big jacket for night time as its freezing - even if you got sunstroke during the day!

A flag is good for putting onto your tent so you can find it. The campsite is like an ethiopian refugee camp minus the ethiopians. Tents as far as the eye can see - Its HUGE!

An old wheelbarrow is ideal for carting your stuff - the walk from carpark to campsite is massive - you dont want to be doing double runs! Also comes in handy has a seat/table/go-kart

The People's Chimp
Also, if you plan to have any fun at the campsite and when TITP closes (it used to be around 12ish mind) take a cheap mp3 player and cheap speakers.

If they could be as cheap as you are willing to lose, that would be better.

Don't go for baby wipes, take a bar of soap and a cloth, wash in the cold water sink bays.

Take alternate footwear (two pair of trainers/boots, or one pair plus wellies) use one per day if weather is shocking.

i would never have suggested babywipes as an alternative to the above. what do you think we are? hibs fans?

they're still a bit of a festival essential!

Disco Dave

Don't pitch your tent on the first blade of grass you see when you enter the camp site - Thats what the neds will do. Its at the bottom of a hill and will be very wet/muddy if/when it rains.

We usually always aim for the the furthest away point in the campsite (usually somewhere in the direction behind the beat 106 bus or whatever its called) - Its high ground up there and we've never encountered any trouble.

This year however, we're going posh and will be staying in the myhab village complete with "pristine" loos and showers just for myhab pass holders......... allegedly anyway!

An old granny style shopping trolley is a good shout for carting your bevy from the car park to the campsite too as its a hell of a treck. We got one for ?15 from Argos and I rekon it'll fit around 3 crates of lager and a bit more in it - Got to be better than carrying it eh.

Bordeaux 03
Don't pitch your tent on the first blade of grass you see when you enter the camp site - Thats what the neds will do. Its at the bottom of a hill and will be very wet/muddy if/when it rains.

We usually always aim for the the furthest away point in the campsite (usually somewhere in the direction behind the beat 106 bus or whatever its called) - Its high ground up there and we've never encountered any trouble.

This year however, we're going posh and will be staying in the myhab village complete with "pristine" loos and showers just for myhab pass holders......... allegedly anyway!

An old granny style shopping trolley is a good shout for carting your bevy from the car park to the campsite too as its a hell of a treck. We got one for ?15 from Argos and I rekon it'll fit around 3 crates of lager and a bit more in it - Got to be better than carrying it eh.

I wanted to get one of the myhab tent things but friends didn't fancy paying about ?100 for one. Would be interesting to see if you do get your own toliets, showers etc.

Boaby Ewing

What about a Chelsea strip with "Avram" on the back?

Hang out in the dance tent, sure to freak a few folk out as they're chewing their faces off.

Sooperstar

Disco Dave spouts this claptrap every year and he's always wrong!

I camp in Blue which is on the left as you go into the campsite and I've never had any bother with neds or water, even last year when the campsite was like a swamp.

will a 6 D Cell Maglite do the trick? :confused:

I hit my mate with my one of those once a bit harder than I meant to (just meant to tap him) and he cried and rolled around and claimed I had shattered his hip (he was actually ok, just in a bit of pain) so I'm guessing it'll do the trick with a decent bit of force.

Disco Dave
Disco Dave spouts this claptrap every year and he's always wrong!

I camp in Blue which is on the left as you go into the campsite and I've never had any bother with neds or water, even last year when the campsite was like a swamp.

Thats cos you're mental and run around in army fatigues and a lightsaber.

As long as you pitch your tent up away from the toilets you should be fine. By Saturday the reek off them is bad. By Sunday you can taste it as you approach them. Only had one person have a phone and hat nicked the twice ive been before apart from that no bother at all. Aye there is plenty of neds kicking about but just tell them where to go and they'l no bother you.

Meant to say in my post way up the page.

The two golden rules for what you take to T in the Park.

1) You've got to be able to get it from the Car Park to the camp site in a single trip. It is a very, very long way.

2) If you would be upset if you lost it - don't take it. Or at the very least, don't leave it unattended in your tent. Place wallet, mobile phone etc inside the very bottom of your sleeping bag while you are in it, otherwise on your person.

I've heard lots of horror stories which could have been easily avoided. You know the type - "some radge nicked ma jeans from ma tent and ma wallet was in the back pocket".

Personally, I've only ever had trouble once, back in 2003. Woke up at 4am to discover somebody had been in the tent while we were asleep, had gone through my small rucky (which had been at the foot of my sleeping bag), nicked my wee tranny radio, and squirted sun cream all over me and my pal. :eek:

And we slept through it - what does that tell you about how wasted we were? Since then we leave a camping lantern on all night so it looks like we're still partying, and haven't had any more trouble. Although I doubt there would be another ned whose idea of fun was nicking crap radios and squirting sun cream, somehow.......

Sooperstar
Thats cos you're mental and run around in army fatigues and a lightsaber.

I disagree with my being mental.

Rawrrrrrrr

Morrys idea with the Pear cider is definitly happening, was drinking it at the weekend and had been looking for some today

I am now having 2 cool boxes, 1 with a crate and 1 with a couple of bottles of cider, juice and vodka :P

Seat is bought

The tablets, toilet roll and baby wipes are being bought with the shopping.

Just need to choose a hat and shades :rolleyes:now and pretty much sorted. May go out and buy a couple of cheap crappy t-shirts too

Adi Dassler

I'll be looking for a refund if this does not transpire.

It does look like the whole thing is run by crusties so you never really know.

conn artist
I'll be looking for a refund if this does not transpire.

It does look like the whole thing is run by crusties so you never really know.

dont hold your breath, all the pre pitched tents and teepee areas at connect where soon overrun by the rest of the campsite even tho they where kind of set aside. a lot of the empty ones where also moved into.

Bindy Badgy
I am now having 2 cool boxes, 1 with a crate and 1 with a couple of bottles of cider, juice and vodka :P

You won't be allowed to take glass bottles in

Incase it rains take some zip-lock bags up wi you, I usually keep my phone, money and beer tokens in one if its ****in it down to keep them dry. Ended up with a mush of beer tokens in my pocket one year, never making that mistake again especially at ?4.50 odds a token!

Incase it rains take some zip-lock bags up wi you, I usually keep my phone, money and beer tokens in one if its ****in it down to keep them dry. Ended up with a mush of beer tokens in my pocket one year, never making that mistake again especially at ?4.50 odds a token!

?4.50 drink tokens? :mad:

Were they not ?3.10?

:)

They were last year but from what ive heard theyve gone up to ?4.50 this year! Ridiculous increase if true but it wouldnt surprise me

They were last year but from what ive heard theyve gone up to ?4.50 this year! Ridiculous increase if true but it wouldnt surprise me

i know inflation is going up lots but 45%?????? doubt it!!:confused::confused:

Gavsy Van Gaverson

They were about ?2.80 about 5 years ago with small or no increases year on year. No way will they be ?4.50.

Adi Dassler
They were about ?2.80 about 5 years ago with small or no increases year on year. No way will they be ?4.50.

Correct.

At the very very most they will be ?3.50.

And even that would be pushing it.

?3.20 i reckon.

I hope not, just what I heard off a mate, he could be talking ****e! :)

Anyone taking fancy dress for the friday?

skotskosparta

Do you think they will beat the big tent me and the water had in 2002, 19 of us in the living room area with room to spare!!

memories :dribble:

I hope not, just what I heard off a mate, he could be talking ****e! :)

Anyone taking fancy dress for the friday?

my mates and i have superman, bananaman, zorro etc etc outfits we bought fo a stag doo but were not taking them, too much to carry!! we have pre ordered crates of cold Tennants for each day. ?25 for 24 cans :P

my mates and i have superman, bananaman, zorro etc etc outfits we bought fo a stag doo but were not taking them, too much to carry!! we have pre ordered crates of cold Tennants for each day. ?25 for 24 cans :P

So far we've got superman, buzz lightyear, batman, robin, superted and bananaman. Couple of others still to decide, just simple costumes, nothing heavy to carry! Was thinking about getting the pre-order tennents but decided to save my money n carry mine up in a cool-bag :)

So far we've got superman, buzz lightyear, batman, robin, superted and bananaman. Couple of others still to decide, just simple costumes, nothing heavy to carry! Was thinking about getting the pre-order tennents but decided to save my money n carry mine up in a cool-bag :)

ill make sure to look out for u lot on Fri then!! were getting the bus on fri morning, not sure how far away we get dropped off but were staying beside the beat 106 bus apparently, (ive never been)!!

skotskosparta

NAH man, more like this.

WINDSOR_08.jpg

3 x double rooms, we used two and the third one was our storage room, when it rained the rest of the gang came in for a dry drink and puff!!

Disco Dave
Do you think they will beat the big tent me and the water had in 2002, 19 of us in the living room area with room to spare!!

memories :dribble:

I believe there will be a few visitors staying at the Stott/Clifford mansion this year. Namely Messrs Durie & Lawson (I hope its fire proof!). Will probably pay them a visit when its pishin it doon.

NAH man, more like this.

WINDSOR_08.jpg

3 x double rooms, we used two and the third one was our storage room, when it rained the rest of the gang came in for a dry drink and puff!!

Ours is pretty big, 3 4-man bedrooms and a massive living area!

DSC00222.jpg

DSC00220.jpg

NAH man, more like this.

WINDSOR_08.jpg

That's pretty gay.

Don't take a stove, if they catch you they will tell you to turn it off anyway

It says you're allowed to take a wee stove on the TITP website I'm sure.

A couple of questions, a few people have said you can leave the campsite and walk into Kinross, I was under the impression that you couldn't leave the campsite all weekend??

And when people are referring to the car park in this thread, is that the same place you get dropped off if you're getting the bus yeah?

Sooperstar

:107years:

It says you're allowed to take a wee stove on the TITP website I'm sure.

A couple of questions, a few people have said you can leave the campsite and walk into Kinross, I was under the impression that you couldn't leave the campsite all weekend??

And when people are referring to the car park in this thread, is that the same place you get dropped off if you're getting the bus yeah?

Camping stove: I think you're right. Open fires are a no no though.

Campsite: Closes between 2 am and 7am or something like that. Outwith those hours you can come and go as you please providing you have your wristband and ticket.

Bus: Drops you off at the drop off point which is next to the campsite entrance. The car park is where the cars park and is miles away.

The Old Tolbooth
going for the first time so not 100% what to take so looking for anything Ive missed

Got Tent, Sleeping bag, clothes, cool bag, beer, sun tan lotion if hot, some snacky food things, spare battery for phone, sunglasses, hat

What else should I be looking to take?

You might need some of this ;)

vaseline-2-aloe.jpg

Campsite: Closes between 2 am and 7am or something like that. Outwith those hours you can come and go as you please providing you have your wristband and ticket.

Bus: Drops you off at the drop off point which is next to the campsite entrance. The car park is where the cars park and is miles away.

Cheers, good news on all 3 fronts!

Sooperstar

**** knows where the smiley came from. I never put it there.

Archived