Things to Take to T in the Park

Rawrrrrrrr

going for the first time so not 100% what to take so looking for anything Ive missed

Got Tent, Sleeping bag, clothes, cool bag, beer, sun tan lotion if hot, some snacky food things, spare battery for phone, sunglasses, hat

What else should I be looking to take?

skotskosparta
going for the first time so not 100% what to take so looking for anything Ive missed

Got Tent, Sleeping bag, clothes, cool bag, beer, sun tan lotion if hot, some snacky food things, spare battery for phone, sunglasses, hat

BABY WIPES are a must, days without a wash takes it's toll.

I used to take a hat, poncho and jumper!

Bordeaux 03

I will going to post something similar as its my first time camping also, but to add to your list Prancer i suggest toliet roll (you never know), waterproof jacket of some sort and possibly a seat instead of sitting on the ground while your in the campsite.

I will going to post something similar as its my first time camping also, but to add to your list Prancer i suggest toliet roll (you never know), waterproof jacket of some sort and possibly a seat instead of sitting on the ground while your in the campsite.

The toilet roll and clean wipe things are already in hand - forgot to mention.

The seat has been discussed but im not sure if the finances will allow that sort of luxury ;)

Bordeaux 03

The seat has been discussed but im not sure if the finances will allow that sort of luxury ;)

I got a seat from Millets, ?7.50, it even has a holder for your beer.

I got a seat from Millets, ?7.50, it even has a holder for your beer.

Where is Millets?

Is the seat sturdy or will it snap after about 5 mins when met with my weight :rolleyes:

Sexton Hardcastle

Plenty of beer, spirits and food. Pad lock may come in handy as well. Worst thing to come back after a good set and find you've been rumbled by a few dirty neds. Wellies maybe.( check weather before u head of course). Last year they were charging ?20-30 a pop for a set due to the heavy rain on the friday. They all sold out and the sun came out. Also take some BO basher. Feckin hate people reeking like ****

Bindy Badgy

Toilet roll is an essential.

Camping stoves and canned food are as well if you aren't planning on paying extortionate prices for food.

coppercrutch

I would hate to go to T in the park. However if did I reckon a wee torch may come in handy.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
I would hate to go to T in the park. However if did I reckon a wee torch may come in handy.

For raiding empty tents?

;)

conn artist

my mate took a blow up mattress to connect last year, sounds a bit soft but i have never been so jealous. get them out of tesco for about ten quid. nothing worse than sleeping on cold surface so a roll up mat at the very least. i'm a really light sleeper so usually take sleeping tablets to knock me out at the end of a hard day of mischief. ;) you can also buy waterproof boot liners and sock in camping stores so if your boots give up you still have one final piece of protection. google sealskins to see what i mean.

my mate took a blow up mattress to connect last year, sounds a bit soft but i have never been so jealous. get them out of tesco for about ten quid. nothing worse than sleeping on cold surface so a roll up mat at the very least. i'm a really light sleeper so usually take sleeping tablets to knock me out at the end of a hard day of mischief. ;) you can also buy waterproof boot liners and sock in camping stores so if your boots give up you still have one final piece of protection. google sealskins to see what i mean.

hmmmm Im not convinced sleeping pills will be a good idea :rolleyes:

I will look into the seat though as sounds like a plan, apparently the tent is a good size and big enough to sit in comfortably though

conn artist
Toilet roll is an essential.

Camping stoves and canned food are as well if you aren't planning on paying extortionate prices for food.

waste of time taking food and cooking stuff, your usually so wrecked that cooking is just a pure hassle or you just dont have the taste for it. i lived of cornetto's and bacon rolls at connect last year.:)

conn artist
hmmmm Im not convinced sleeping pills will be a good idea :rolleyes:

I will look into the seat though as sounds like a plan, apparently the tent is a good size and big enough to sit in comfortably though

beats waking up at 7am for three days and wondering what your gonna do till the afternoon. there no that strong anyway, there hardly vallies.

beats waking up at 7am for three days and wondering what your gonna do till the afternoon. there no that strong anyway, there hardly vallies.

Waking up at all would be a bonus though

Are sleeping tablets not prescription only anyway?

I could always just take my left over diahydracodeine - that should do the trick:p

conn artist
Waking up at all would be a bonus though

Are sleeping tablets not prescription only anyway?

I could always just take my left over diahydracodeine - that should do the trick:p

nah, nytol from boots. like i said there strong enough to make you sleep. but there not like gonna knock you out for a day. worst thing about them is they dehydrate you. but thats gonna happen anyway after 10 plus pints anyway.

Bordeaux 03

I am going to be the envy of others with my quickpitch tent, goes up in 2 seconds and thats no exaggeration. Hopefully its like a typoon on the friday, see them suffer while im in my tent. :)

conn artist

it seemed that everyone at connect last year had avon skin so soft to keep the midgies away, trick of the trade apparantly they hate the stuff. dont think the midges are that bad at t tho.

conn artist
I like your style :laugh:

Your talking about immodium, right?

anti-histamin incase its a high pollen count!!

As you've said, the seat is a good idea. Go have a look in Asda, you can usually pick them up for around a fiver.

I've never camped at T but have done a couple of times at Glastonbury and toilet roll is like a currency in these campsites!!

My top tip would be take some Immodium just in case you enjoy the curry noodles a bit too much :eek:

As you've said, the seat is a good idea. Go have a look in Asda, you can usually pick them up for around a fiver.

I've never camped at T but have done a couple of times at Glastonbury and toilet roll is like a currency in these campsites!!

My top tip would be take some Immodium just in case you enjoy the curry noodles a bit too much :eek:

My mate just takes a whole packet a the start of the weekend so he doesnt have to do a dump til he gets home....

Don't take much. You have to carry the stuff from the car park (it's a trek!).

Stuff like a stove is useless. It's only a 30/40 min walk to Kinross, which you need to do anyway to stock up on beer.

Stuff like a stove is useless. It's only a 30/40 min walk to Kinross, which you need to do anyway to stock up on beer.

Or get city link bus ?20 return right to the front door and camp in Red ( right at the front door) Bish bash bong.

I'm planning on getting a lilo for sleeping on.

Bindy Badgy

Sports tape for your feet is a good idea as well as it'll help to reduce the amount of blisters you get.

I take it they run buses between Kinross and the campsite?

The walk between Donington village and the campsite killed me at Download last year.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Rubbish. Just take more beer in the first place :)

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Or get city link bus ?20 return right to the front door and camp in Red ( right at the front door) Bish bash bong.

I'm planning on getting a lilo for sleeping on.

My aim for the weekend is to find your tent and burst that Lilo.

That would make me happy!

:)

hughesie27

I'm gonna **** in your my hab.If I can't sneak into the designated ***** area then I'll **** in a bottle and throw it at youe my hab.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
I'm gonna **** in your my hab.If I can't sneak into the designated ***** area then I'll **** in a bottle and throw it at youe my hab.

Too much cursing for one so young :)

Your Ticket!!

Oh, and Hearts top with your name on the back...Sure a lot of people would like to meet and Greet you Prancer!! :rolleyes:

Bindy Badgy
Your Ticket!!

I nearly went to Leeds without mine back in 2000. I got halfway to the train station before realising my mistake:o

I nearly went to Leeds without mine back in 2000. I got halfway to the train station before realising my mistake:o

I always leave the house without gig tickets. Luckily I'm only 15 mins drive from the city centre so not so bad.

Era Macaroons

Condoms.:5643::girl::5643::gstring_black::5643:

especially if u pull a :1132:minger on day 3!

But then again, might be wasted luggage going by your chat on here;)

and your :mobile_phone:

gorgiegirl

Avon skin so soft is excellent. Great when abroad for mozzies too. Those bottles of handwash that don't require water are a must. If you can take an old shopping trolley (cheap in charity shops) then fill that with all the heavy stuff(beer) and take it in turns to pull, that or an old sledge/ tray with rope attached. Spare old clothes for use in the tent.

Ive seen people just fill there outdoor bins with booze and drag them all the way to the campsite. Good idea but looks knackering. Dont bother with a change of clothes or any of that nonsense you will be wearing the same stuff from the moment you leave the house. Maybe throw a pair of shorts in if it is going to be good weather. 2005 was a peach although there were so many people sunburnt and quite a few collapsing because of the heat and lack of water.

Ive seen people just fill there outdoor bins with booze and drag them all the way to the campsite. Good idea but looks knackering. Dont bother with a change of clothes or any of that nonsense you will be wearing the same stuff from the moment you leave the house. Maybe throw a pair of shorts in if it is going to be good weather. 2005 was a peach although there were so many people sunburnt and quite a few collapsing because of the heat and lack of water.

2005 was scorching. I had my factor 25 so was A okay. Folk kept asking to use it all day.

The People's Chimp
it seemed that everyone at connect last year had avon skin so soft to keep the midgies away, trick of the trade apparantly they hate the stuff. dont think the midges are that bad at t tho.

A favourite with 42 commando no less.

I will be taking a spray up to connect this year.

Along with a number of the items referred to above, although i'll probably stay off the nytol.

sleep is for poofs.

:rolleyes:

conn artist
A favourite with 42 commando no less.

I will be taking a spray up to connect this year.

Along with a number of the items referred to above, although i'll probably stay off the nytol.

sleep is for poofs.

:rolleyes:

three days without sleep. good luck.

i'm sure there are other things you can buy that will help you with that ;).

Definitely Immodium (or cheaper own brand equivalent). Three days on the lash with only Weegie van food will have inevitable consequences, which you don't want with those toilet facilities. Take in advance.

Wee Maglite torch for getting back to your tent. Larger torch/camping lantern for inside tent. Batteries for both.

Bog roll, pocket pack tissues, freshen-up wipes of some description.

Enough cash for the whole weekend (queues at cash machines are horrendous). Money belt to keep it in.

Don't forget to safeguard your ticket and your wristband for the whole weekend, you need both.

Gents, look away now. Next advice is for ladies only.

A funnel and a roll of freezer bags, for those middle of the night moments in the tent.

P-mates. They sell them there, but you can buy in advance online. It's great fun using the campsite urinals standing between two blokes.

I would advise loads of socks, wet socks are the worst.

I would not bother with the seat, the tescos at Kinross (half hour walk) has a public loo, go there for your defecation.

I took a deck chair for sitting on at the tent, if it is dry you can sit on the grass but if it aint....

A torch, it gets awfy dark late on, preferrably one of those mag lite things that fit in your pocket.

Multi-vitamins if you plan to proper go for it

Don't take a stove, if they catch you they will tell you to turn it off anyway

something for under your sleeping bag is a good idea

lastly, dress appropriately. If it rains be ready for it, one year I only took t-shirts and shirts, lost out big time that year!

The People's Chimp

beroccas

torch

toilet roll

alka seltzer

face wash

if driving put an extra jumper and jacket and jeans in boot of car

if it rains consider wellies (a first class purchase at connect last year)

sunglasses

hat

shorts

baby wipes

towel (doubles as a pillow)

a large amount of drink

some water

some sandwiches (premade)

some chocolate

whatever else takes your fancy

Sooperstar

You need to get a seat with a beer holder. You can get them in Tesco's for about ?4 and they're strong enough.

Also, if you plan to have any fun at the campsite and when TITP closes (it used to be around 12ish mind) take a cheap mp3 player and cheap speakers.

If they could be as cheap as you are willing to lose, that would be better.

Don't go for baby wipes, take a bar of soap and a cloth, wash in the cold water sink bays.

Take alternate footwear (two pair of trainers/boots, or one pair plus wellies) use one per day if weather is shocking.

Pete Seeger

An iron bar to wrap round the head of every weegie jakey ****bag that tries to steal your wallet. T in the parks dead. It's been taken over by neds, it's not about the music anymore. Hope this helps :)

An iron bar to wrap round the head of every weegie jakey ****bag that tries to steal your wallet. T in the parks dead. It's been taken over by neds, it's not about the music anymore. Hope this helps :)

will a 6 D Cell Maglite do the trick? :confused:

Archived