Craig Gordon

wagy

2 hours ago, kila said:

🤣

My Pereira comment is more horrifying than me thinking Gordon was past it based on how it ended at Celtic :ninja: How quickly it became apparent how pish Pereira was but then we were just happy Calamity Bobby wasn't in the nets for a change.

😂🤣😅😂🤣😅 at what point did Pereira even look remotely like a GK at all for us 🤪😬🤕!??

Anyone can make a pigs ear of making a call on a player, but CG coming back to us was never anything but a genius move by the club...an absolute gimme!!!!!

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo 4 Ever

• Forever Hearts

• DS98

• GorgieFifeLife

1 hour ago, Section Q said:

Find a life mate for fks sake......

It's a football forum matey...if you don't like horror shouts being brought up when Mr Magoo could have called this one from day dot, then maybe not for you! 

On 23/10/2019 at 14:19, Mister Dee said:

He would give the supporters (and players) confidence that we don’t currently have. 
100% yes, I’d take him back. 

When I think back to that 1 season that JM  was in goals, it’s like night and day compared to our current defensive record. 

This guy knows his stuff… 😛😄

3 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

How glad we must be that none of you make football decisions for Hearts 😂

:cornette:

Perhaps you should bump every thread for players we signed who were never off the treatment table?

I dread to think how long it took you to find posts to quote from 2019. :facepalm:

Forever Hearts
33 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

😂🤣😅😂🤣😅 at what point did Pereira even look remotely like a GK at all for us 🤪😬🤕!??

Anyone can make a pigs ear of making a call on a player, but CG coming back to us was never anything but a genius move by the club...an absolute gimme!!!!!

It was a gamble with his age and injury history. Don't kid yourself on that it couldn't have went tits up. 

9 hours ago, GavK1012 said:

It's a football forum matey...if you don't like horror shouts being brought up when Mr Magoo could have called this one from day dot, then maybe not for you! 

Get a hobby ffs......

6 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

It was a gamble with his age and injury history. Don't kid yourself on that it couldn't have went tits up. 

Never a gamble. He's a goalkeeper and a true Hearts fan. Fair enough he's had his injuries but he will be at Hearts for the next ten years whether it be playing or coaching. The guy is a total legend. He was on a zoom call for the Hearts academy kids telling them how celtic wanted him to stay ( for more money and he didn't say that) but he wanted to come home.  This is a guy who has genuinely came to Hearts for less money than he could have had.

I'm not on the list. :pleasing:

Jambo 4 Ever
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

:cornette:

Perhaps you should bump every thread for players we signed who were never off the treatment table?

I dread to think how long it took you to find posts to quote from 2019. :facepalm:

Ummm you’re the only one who’s said a negative thing about it to be honest 

Ummm you’re the only one who’s said a negative thing about it to be honest 

That isn't correct is it?  Try looking at the responses again.

8 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

It was done to death at the time, there was very little time at Tic overall where he was out injured...the risk and reward to bring him home was so weighted in our favour, only folk that shoot their mouths off and prob ain't got the foggiest, generally speaking and football related, would have put a negative taint on his wonderful addition....

12 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Very glad. He's changed my opinion on him. Grew up idolising him and seeing him in a Celtic shirt broke my heart. To me it either meant he wasn't really a Hearts man, or he was a mercenary for whom money was more important. Now he's back it just looked and felt right straight away, he's also an incredible keeper.

Edited by Taffin

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

Very glad. He's changed my opinion on him. Grew up idolising him and seeing him in a Celtic shirt broke my heart. To me it either meant he wasn't really a Hearts man, or he was a mercenary for whom money was more important. Ended up being the the latter and who can blame any player for that.

Saw him from his debut through to the cup in 06, and even at Sunderland a couple of times.

I still had him as my top Hearts keeper but could not stand seeing him play for Celtic.

Just now, frankblack said:

Saw him from his debut through to the cup in 06, and even at Sunderland a couple of times.

I still had him as my top Hearts keeper but could not stand seeing him play for Celtic.

Its petty but it's what's football tribalism is all about. It always came across that he was a bit too into being at Celtic, I wanted him to look unhappy and be pining for a move to Hearts 😂

I've also edited the end of my original post too as it sounded like I was still being negative maybe and wasn't meant that way.

Jambo 4 Ever
6 hours ago, frankblack said:

That isn't correct is it?  Try looking at the responses again.

Small minority perhaps but didn’t really notice anyone else 

HamishMcGonagall

Craig Gordon is one of the finest captain's we've had. Be great if we could get another cup win with him leading the team up to lift the trophy.

With regards to periera, I see he let in 3 goals in the first half in his first league game for his new team and was subsequently left out the squad for the next game.

1 minute ago, HamishMcGonagall said:

Craig Gordon is one of the finest captain's we've had. Be great if we could get another cup win with him leading the team up to lift the trophy.

With regards to periera, I see he let in 3 goals in the first half in his first league game for his new team and was subsequently left out the squad for the next game.

for me CG is missing two things from his CV, lifting a trophy as hearts captain and actually playing games at the finals of an international tournament. my hope is by the end of the season there will only be one thing missing and that is on its way to being remedied by the end of 2022

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

for me CG is missing two things from his CV, lifting a trophy as hearts captain and actually playing games at the finals of an international tournament. my hope is by the end of the season there will only be one thing missing and that is on its way to being remedied by the end of 2022

The trophy as a captain is what I'd love to see. international football at tournament i'm not fussed over. I'm sure Craig will be NO1 now for Scotland. Will playing in the nations league get you into the world cup like it did for the euros ? Probs Scotland only chance of qualifying again .

7 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

The trophy as a captain is what I'd love to see. international football at tournament i'm not fussed over. I'm sure Craig will be NO1 now for Scotland. Will playing in the nations league get you into the world cup like it did for the euros ? Probs Scotland only chance of qualifying again .

due to us finishing second to the czechs i think the nations league route is gone for us. most likely getting one of the best second place finishes and hoping for a favourable draw in the play offs

Guest ToqueJambo
16 hours ago, kila said:

https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/184233-joel-pereira-update/page/12/

That thread makes for interesting reading about initial impressions ;) 

I liked my reply to someone who said he looks calm and in control similar to Jon mcglaughlin:

"That's what we want. Doesn't have to be spectacular, just steady and reliable." Well he was steadily more and more shite and reliably disastrous.

However the key post on that thread considering it was August 2019 a the start of the worst season in our history was this one:

"So the list is:

Pereira

Garrucio

Smith

Souttar

Haring

Naismith

Walker

Wighton

6 first choice players out and Uche still not at 100%

FFS."

FFS indeed. And that list only got worse shortly this post after when Washington and Halkett got long term injuries. Just an excuse though... and of all of them of course Pereira had to be the one who recovered quickly.

Anyhow, thankfully we have a real goalie again and a manager who knows the importance of having a real goalie.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, milky_26 said:

He should have played at the Euros - a major error of Clarke's, not the first either. Imagine Gordon letting that long ranger in? Not a chance.

8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

He should have played at the Euros - a major error of Clarke's, not the first either. Imagine Gordon letting that long ranger in? Not a chance.

i feel we would not have lost to the czechs and might have got a result v croatia giving us a better chance of progressing

22 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I liked my reply to someone who said he looks calm and in control similar to Jon mcglaughlin:

"That's what we want. Doesn't have to be spectacular, just steady and reliable." Well he was steadily more and more shite and reliably disastrous.

However the key post on that thread considering it was August 2019 a the start of the worst season in our history was this one:

"So the list is:

Pereira

Garrucio

Smith

Souttar

Haring

Naismith

Walker

Wighton

6 first choice players out and Uche still not at 100%

FFS."

FFS indeed. And that list only got worse shortly this post after when Washington and Halkett got long term injuries. Just an excuse though... and of all of them of course Pereira had to be the one who recovered quickly.

Anyhow, thankfully we have a real goalie again and a manager who knows the importance of having a real goalie.

:spoton: