Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo 4 Ever

• Forever Hearts

• DS98

• GorgieFifeLife

Just now, wagy said:

Out of favour with popcorn teeth.

Would you take him or is he past it?

According to Paul Robinson he doesn't like wee Lenny ? Which , obviously , is totally understandable .

But how would PR know that ?

3 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

According to Paul Robinson he doesn't like wee Lenny ? Which , obviously , is totally understandable .

Check source of interview, check headline, read full article, check direct quotes, check loaded generic answers about something similar, but different.

Piece together.

I'd imagine.

Nope. If his name wasn't Craig Gordon, nobody would want to sign a 36 year old keeper with his injury record and the fact he hasnt played for 6-8 months. What is it with the want to bring back ex players all the time?!

Maroon Sailor

Careful OP have you not checked for other threads on Craig Gordon before starting another. The forum curmudgeons won't be happy

Miles better than anything currently.  I don’t think he would be too hard to deal with in the summer.  

Edited by Last Laff

Jambof3tornado
3 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Miles better than anything currently.  I don’t think he would be too hard to deal with in the summer.  

This. He'd need a good wire brush n dettol wash 1st but I'd take him back.

55 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

PR says given that he isn't playing he probably won't like the manager. Based on nothing but conjecture and an opinion and headline writers have run with it.

All roads lead to Gorgie

The fact he is injury prone plus he would certainly to be called into action more with us, his chances of further injury are therefore high. Too big a risk and I don't think he is as agile as we remember him either. 

Defo.

Guess he wouldn't be after to much in wages as it would probably be his last contract.

Could then have him as a go coach or something.

57 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Nope, he would snap your hand off to finish his career at Tynecastle. 

Nah, past it now

Pereira is proving to be a reliable signing, albeit a loan for only this season... I hope United extend it into next season too

1 hour ago, johnthomas said:

You could have read the article. 

1 hour ago, wagy said:

Rather take McLaughlin back....4 years younger than Gordon and imho a better keeper.

GorgieFifeLife

Goalkeeping experts out in force today I see.  If the real experts decide he is good enough for us then he will be welcome back with open arms.

2 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Goalkeeping experts out in force today I see.  If the real experts decide he is good enough for us then he will be welcome back with open arms.

who are the real experts?

same ones who thought Doyle was good enough?

Forever Hearts
5 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Please enlighten us, who are these football experts?

GorgieFifeLife
1 minute ago, Natural Orders said:

who are the real experts?

same ones who thought Doyle was good enough?

He is good enough.  Signed as a back up keeper.  No keeper who is a lot better than Doyle is going to come to us to sit on the bench.  I think our coaches and scouts will know a lot better than those on here if Gordon is worth a contract.

GorgieFifeLife
Just now, Forever Hearts said:

Please enlighten us, who are these football experts?

Our coaches and scout who are paid to ascertain if a player is worth a contract.

236 appearances in 5.5 years. Injury prone 😂

Think it’ll be up to him in the end. If he chooses to come back then he will be here. If not he’ll go back down the road for another couple of years of big money

1 hour ago, tokyowalnut said:

Nope. If his name wasn't Craig Gordon, nobody would want to sign a 36 year old keeper with his injury record and the fact he hasnt played for 6-8 months. What is it with the want to bring back ex players all the time?!

And the fact he’s a bombscare now...

6 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Sort of signing Levein would make tbf. Requires no scouting or effort 

Hearts sign previously unknown players from foreign countries - "youtube scouting again, dodgy agents at work, ffs levein" 

Hearts sign proven spl players - "typical lazy signing, no scouting required, ffs levein" 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Hearts sign previously unknown players from foreign countries - "youtube scouting again, dodgy agents at work, ffs levein" 

Hearts sign proven spl players - "typical lazy signing, no scouting required, ffs levein" 

1) The unknown players we sign are generally wank.

2) For “proven SPL players” read over the hill pros who need a deal.

Those our two pony tricks.

2 hours ago, wagy said:

Think this is in the works for Jan or next summer. Tried to get him last summer but Celtic wanted fee. 

It should have been ten

This 

Fozzyonthefence
10 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Our coaches and scout who are paid to ascertain if a player is worth a contract.

Is that the same ones that decided that Zlamal and Doyle were good enough?  Perhaps best not to let them decide then.  

Maroon Sailor

If he is the best available keeper then why not ?

Can't keep going with the likes of Doyle and Bobby bombscare

Forever Hearts
14 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

That's went well so far. 🙄

25 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

You do understand a football forum is about fans giving opinions on things that concern the club. I would have though it's pretty obvious it isn't experts posting.

Would take Gordon back in a heartbeat

5 minutes ago, GPaterson51 said:

Chraig Ghordon you say? No thanks. 

Solid point, well thought out and succinctly put.

Well done.  :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, wagy said:

In a Heart(s) beat. But is crocked enough to sign? 

He would give the supporters (and players) confidence that we don’t currently have. 
100% yes, I’d take him back. 

When I think back to that 1 season that JM  was in goals, it’s like night and day compared to our current defensive record.