Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• scott herbertson

• Homme

• Zaba

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Footballfirst

Not the greatest game or performance from Hearts. After the opening goal went in, Hibs had the better possession and chances.

It was one of those games where no-one enhanced their reputation or the likelihood that they will feature with the first team anytime soon.

At least the penalty shoot out outcome keeps us in control in our group with away games against Dundee United and Hamilton to come.

The Establishment

Hibs had the better of the chances but still annoying to lose a last minute goal. Their "development squad" looked a lot older and bigger than our team.

Was a bit like weekend we started very brightly but tailed off quite dramatically from an attacking sense.

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s actually scary. Well done the boys though.

Yip it is and any victory over them is welcome.

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

I didn't expect a reply from you unless you........

Did I hit a nerve?

Oh yeh you master wind up merchant.

how do you do it so well.

Always pleasing. 

Get it drummed into them at every level, at both clubs: Hearts don't lose to Hibs. 

4 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Oh yeh you master wind up merchant.

how do you do it so well.

I tend to concentrate more on the substance of the post than the poster.

I didn't intend to wind anyone up when I merely posted on the continued negativity (even in a moment of joy) of a poster but as you don't fall into that category I was surprised to read your contribution.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

31 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s actually scary. Well done the boys though.

What’s the average penalty save rate for a keeper that we are comparing it with? 😎

Why not take the penalties at the end where the crowd was gathered.On a serious note don,t understand why they don.t have a nominal charge or a donation at the gate.

Edited by 132goals1958

CornhillHearts

Pretty poor display in all honesty, with not a lot of football coming from us.

The lads seemed to struggle with the wind, a heavy pitch and a fairly imposing Hibs defence.

It took until the second half for them to suss out that launching the ball long from goal kicks towards Keena who was up against 2 giants wasn’t an effective tactic and go towards Baur and Petkov moving up.

Bovril was good though.

Maroon Sailor

Hearts done well to get a draw out of that over the piece against a far bigger and stronger Hibs team.

However it's hard to see who the next Hickey might be that could go on to be a 1st team regular.

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, Barack said:

Think wee Roy Jalfrezi will be next out the door, to continue his promising career at East Fife, or such.

Think most of them will make their careers at a lower level than that.

Not a great game. There's a lot of hefty, big hairy arsed and hairy faced "youngsters" in that Hibs Development squad. I'd guess our line up was comfortably younger and genuinely in development.

Agree with FF that no-one stoofd out for Hearts, maybe Lewis Moore in spurts and I thought the pitch was pretty poor. Bobby Z looked badly at fault at the goal but redeemed it with a fine penalty save for the bonus point.

2 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Hearts Twitter blaming bobby

Goal Hibs. Jamie Gullan squares, Zlamal's punch is poor and Oli Shaw heads into the empty net. If it finishes a draw, this goes to penalties for the bonus point..

Jamie Gullan used to be at Hearts. Good young player, pity we released him.

MaskedMarauder

A pretty poor show from both teams today in a game that really lacked any sort of quality. Can’t really remember either GK having a save to make. Some ratings to follow for what it’s worth...

Bobby, 5. Obvious error for the goal when he seemed to punch it into the path of Shaw. Wouldn’t say he looked particularly convincing either when we played passes back to him. Just generally looked shaky and devoid of all confidence. 

Logan, 5. Beaten fairly easily on a few occasions by their winger Gullan, most noticeably at the goal. Better going forward than defending that’s for sure. 

Hamilton, 6. Always worry when I see a tall striker up against him but to be fair to Chris he never loses out that much. He always gives plenty physically to make up for his lack of height. Granted, he hasn’t played against any top players yet so has yet to be tested but will be interesting to see where he develops. His distribution is usually spot on. Played some great passes today to start attacks.

Petkov, 6. Dominated in the air as usual at the back but looked better when moved forward to CM later on. One of the only younger ones I can actually see stepping up to the first team if required. 

Baur, 4. Another awful display. He must be on borrowed time with us now and will be hoping Bonnyrigg keep him on. Played at left back today and his passing and composure was terrible. Noticeable that Andy Kirk and the coaching team eventually just stopped losing the head with him and just looked at each other puzzled after yet another mistake. Some other players were sitting infront of me and their conversations about his play and “usual mistakes” were certainly interesting to hear also. 

Ritchie, 5. Fairly quiet game for Dean today. Never really contributed much of note. Lost his runner numerous times in the first half which led to Connor Smith doing more work than he should have. Better second half.

Irving, 5. Surface didn’t suit him at all. Lovely tidy player who likes to get the ball down and play but that was virtually impossible today with the conditions. Very quiet. 

Smith, 5. See Irving. Surface just didn’t suit him and his style of play. Tracked runners all day long and put in a shift. 

Moore, 6. Probably our man of the match. Looked to get the ball down and run at his man. Physically seems to be filling out much better with being on loan and playing more but still a fair bit away from first team quality. 

Keena, 5. As already been mentioned, constantly chickened out of every battle with their 2 big centre backs. Never offered much. Every time the ball came to him he just attempted to shoot. Too eager to impress trying to score I think. Not up to it today. 

Wighton, 5. First game back in a while for him. Tired easily but that is to be expected. Actually had some decent touches and tried to link up well with Keena who was never in the game. Had some good link up with Moore out wide and they were probably our best threats going forward.

Sandison, Henderson, Currie all never had much time so not giving them ratings. Henderson looked fairly chicken hearted and jumped out of a lot of challenges. Sandison certainly got an earful from Kirk and Rankin for his less than energetic warm up 😂

As I’ve said, not many stood out. Surface probably to blame for it aswell as that’s the worst I’ve seen some of the young guys play in a while. Nice to see some familiar faces and a happy birthday to Mr Levein. A derby win over Hibs to put a wee smile on his face. 👍🏻

1 hour ago, The Establishment said:

Hibs had the better of the chances but still annoying to lose a last minute goal. Their "development squad" looked a lot older and bigger than our team.

Was a bit like weekend we started very brightly but tailed off quite dramatically from an attacking sense.

Jakies half my age look older than I do.

2 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Its always good to FTH.. :greggy:

:yas:

1 hour ago, martoon said:

Hearts don't lose to Hibs. 

:pleasing:

32 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Think most of them will make their careers at a lower level than that.

We just seem to be a feeder club for smaller teams. Concerning. 

Pasquale for King
37 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Thanks. Interesting stats. My perception is like yours that he hardly ever saves a penalty compared to other keepers but sometimes preception can be wrong. 

He’s faced quite a few now in the league cup and reserve games, his save percentage is absolutely awful. We practice scoring penalties so it’s not like their not getting practice saving them. 
Always great to win against them,  I’m sure they had a few of their new recruits playing too.

Funtime Jambo
25 minutes ago, Barack said:

Think wee Roy Jalfrezi will be next out the door, to continue his promising career at East Fife, or such.

Has great potential but sadly the lads career has been hindered by bad injuries hopefully he can kick on,he scored against QOS and the the winner against Dunfermline  cant see the point of your negative post after a Hearts win.

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

2 saves now in at least 27 penalties he’s faced, how can any GK be incapable of reading where a player is going to place his shot 🙈🤷🏾‍♂️?

You write some crazy stuff but jeebus , Have you been the wrong side of the bar the day? 🤨

Edited by sadj

...a bit disco

Hearts coach Andy Kirk left scathing after Reserve Cup draw against dominant Hibs - Zdenek Zlamal makes error as first-team players given run out

Hearts reserve boss Andy Kirk was scathing of his side despite seeing their penalty win the SPFL Reserve Cup group stage fixture against Hibs.

Lewis Moore gave the home side the lead at Meggetland in front of a reasonable crowd which included Hearts boss Craig Levein, his Hibs counterpart Paul Heckingbottom as well as first-team players Steven Whittaker and Aaron Hickey.

Hibs passed up a host of chances before Zdenek Zlamal made a mistake to hand the visitors a deserved draw late on. The former Tynecastle No.1 redeemed himself in the penalty shootout, stopping Tommy Block’s effort to hand his team a 6-5 win and bonus point.

Yet, it wasn’t enough for Kirk who watched as his side were second best throughout against Lee Makel’s Hibs Development Squad.

“I don’t think I can repeat what I said to the players,” he said. “Really disappointed. It’s probably, since I’ve been here, the worst performance from start to finish I’ve seen from them. They didn’t get the shape right, they didn’t move the ball, they didn’t pick second balls up. Just so many things that we didn’t do well.

“The players are aware that what that was today is not going to be good enough for them to progress to the first team.”

Hearts went close in the first minute when Craig Wighton, getting an hour under his belt on his return from injury, steered a shot past the post before taking the lead moments later.

Connor Smith and Cammy Logan linked up well down the right-hand side before the latter’s cross deflected off the head of Kos Sadiki into the path of Moore who sent a volley past Patrick Martin.

That was as good as it got for the home side.

Hibs, in the same 4-1-4-1 system that has been used by Paul Heckingbottom, slowly began to take control of proceedings. The management trio of Makel, Colin Nish and Eddie May were constantly urging Josh Campbell and Innes Murray to make runs in behind or move forward into space.

Jamie Gullan went close twice in the matter of minutes as Hibs sought an equaliser First a shot was beaten away by Zlamal before he fired over after nice work from Fraser Murray.

Before the half was out, Zlamal’s goal was troubled on five more occasions with Oli Shaw and the excellent Josh Doig testing the Czech keeper.

With Jason Naismith and Adam Jackson at the back, alongside Kos Sadiki, and Ben Stirling at the base of the midfield there was a real solidity and physicality to Makel’s side which was missing from their opponents, who had Aidan Keena leading the attacking and Andy Irving in the centre of the pitch.

In addition, Hibs were much more assured, able to more confidently pass it around on a pitch which some cows would think twice about grazing on.

After the interval it was a game of frustration for both sides. Kirk watched on as his Hearts struggled to impose themselves, Nish grew agitated at Zlamal’s timewasting, while everyone watching on couldn’t understand how Hibs hadn’t scored.

The Easter Road men grew desperate, nearing double digits in efforts in the second half alone. Adam Jackson, Fraser Murray, Jamie Gullan and Oli Shaw all failed to take great chances when they came their way.

Just when it seemed that Hearts, who had went closest with an Andy Irving free-kick, were going to hold on to an undeserved win they conceded late on. A cross from Gullan after tenacious play from Doig saw Zlamal dive out and punch the ball up in the air and behind him rather than out of the box. It left Shaw with the simplest of headers over the line, from a matter of millimetres.

The standard of penalties for the bonus point was high with three misses from 14 spot-kicks. Block, on as a substitute, saw his saved by Zlamal to hand Hearts the success.

Makel was left to rue wasted chances but was upbeat with how his side played on an awful surface, more familiar with rugby.

Makel said: “Everyone in the stand could see we should have won the game by a mile. Some of our play was exceptional considering the state of the pitch which I think was absolutely terrible to say the least.

Funtime Jambo
55 minutes ago, Barack said:

Can't you? Hopefully he carves out a career then. Won't be with Hearts though.

Cheers.

Good luck to the lad he has done something in life you or i will never achieve played and scored for Hearts 1st team and won Hearts u20s POTY. :thumbsup:

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, sadj said:

You write some crazy stuff but jeebus , Have you been the wrong side of the bar the day? 🤨

Have you watched him face a penalty? If he does go the right way he jumps over it as he did in the cup final. One of the worst GKs we’ve had and he’s here for another two years unless we pay him off.

10 minutes ago, Deans Jambo said:

Several comments about the state of the pitch. 

Who's home game was it? Why play it on a rugby pitch at this time if year?

Hearts home game

At home of Tynecastle FC - also a rugby ground 

Edited by Mikey1874

It was a game that Hibs should have won comfortably but they missed glaring chances.Hearts were not good.There was no pattern of play, poor decision making throughout the the team and long balls lumped to Keena who had no chance against Hibs big defenders.

It was hard to judge Wighton as he was looking after himself on first game back.in glimpses he looked a cut above but who knows?

Hamilton is decent but his future is not as CB.He is too wee and if he moves up levels this will become glaringly obvious.

17 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Hearts home game

At home of Tynecastle FC - also a rugby ground 

In fairness Hearts have played a couple of reserve matches there this season and the pitch has looked fine .... it did look more like a rugby pitch today though and that suited the Hibee egg chasers

15 minutes ago, RobboM said:

In fairness Hearts have played a couple of reserve matches there this season and the pitch has looked fine .... it did look more like a rugby pitch today though and that suited the Hibee egg chasers

It was not Hibs who looked the egg chasers today.

Hibs dominated haha 😂😂😂 both teams had chances to win it both teams were also pony pure and utter pony class journalism hibs were the only team trying to play football aww that's right there goalkeeper launching it up the park to Oli Shaw in the direction of Chris Hamilton that's about 5ft 8 targeting him as the weak link and him misjudging it alot of the time is playing fitbaw geez peace😂😂😂 

Yah f***** you would think hibs have employed Peps and Jurgens understudys they way they are going yes I think I can smell it 💩💩 

45 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Hibs dominated haha 😂😂😂 both teams had chances to win it both teams were also pony pure and utter pony class journalism hibs were the only team trying to play football aww that's right there goalkeeper launching it up the park to Oli Shaw in the direction of Chris Hamilton that's about 5ft 8 targeting him as the weak link and him misjudging it alot of the time is playing fitbaw geez peace😂😂😂 

Yah f***** you would think hibs have employed Peps and Jurgens understudys they way they are going yes I think I can smell it 💩💩 

😂😂😂

I take it you were not at game today if you think anything about Hearts performance today was funny.Suggest you and Bonga have a wee meeting with Andy Kirk to convince him that he saw it wrong.

32 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

I take it you were not at game today if you think anything about Hearts performance today was funny.Suggest you and Bonga have a wee meeting with Andy Kirk to convince him that he saw it wrong.

Read my post properly I have said both teams were pony this idea that hibs were totally dominant in the game is pure and utter garbage and pash journalism if you ask me and for what it's worth mate I don't find it funny we should be doing far better than what we did i agree with you 👍

But the way that newspaper article puts itself across as if hibs were dominant and were by far the better team sorry I don't agree both teams were pash but created chances poor game overall I was there watched it simples 👍🇱🇻🇱🇻

Edited by Bongo 1874

5 hours ago, MaskedMarauder said:

A pretty poor show from both teams today in a game that really lacked any sort of quality. Can’t really remember either GK having a save to make. Some ratings to follow for what it’s worth...

Bobby, 5. Obvious error for the goal when he seemed to punch it into the path of Shaw. Wouldn’t say he looked particularly convincing either when we played passes back to him. Just generally looked shaky and devoid of all confidence. 

Logan, 5. Beaten fairly easily on a few occasions by their winger Gullan, most noticeably at the goal. Better going forward than defending that’s for sure. 

Hamilton, 6. Always worry when I see a tall striker up against him but to be fair to Chris he never loses out that much. He always gives plenty physically to make up for his lack of height. Granted, he hasn’t played against any top players yet so has yet to be tested but will be interesting to see where he develops. His distribution is usually spot on. Played some great passes today to start attacks.

Petkov, 6. Dominated in the air as usual at the back but looked better when moved forward to CM later on. One of the only younger ones I can actually see stepping up to the first team if required. 

Baur, 4. Another awful display. He must be on borrowed time with us now and will be hoping Bonnyrigg keep him on. Played at left back today and his passing and composure was terrible. Noticeable that Andy Kirk and the coaching team eventually just stopped losing the head with him and just looked at each other puzzled after yet another mistake. Some other players were sitting infront of me and their conversations about his play and “usual mistakes” were certainly interesting to hear also. 

Ritchie, 5. Fairly quiet game for Dean today. Never really contributed much of note. Lost his runner numerous times in the first half which led to Connor Smith doing more work than he should have. Better second half.

Irving, 5. Surface didn’t suit him at all. Lovely tidy player who likes to get the ball down and play but that was virtually impossible today with the conditions. Very quiet. 

Smith, 5. See Irving. Surface just didn’t suit him and his style of play. Tracked runners all day long and put in a shift. 

Moore, 6. Probably our man of the match. Looked to get the ball down and run at his man. Physically seems to be filling out much better with being on loan and playing more but still a fair bit away from first team quality. 

Keena, 5. As already been mentioned, constantly chickened out of every battle with their 2 big centre backs. Never offered much. Every time the ball came to him he just attempted to shoot. Too eager to impress trying to score I think. Not up to it today. 

Wighton, 5. First game back in a while for him. Tired easily but that is to be expected. Actually had some decent touches and tried to link up well with Keena who was never in the game. Had some good link up with Moore out wide and they were probably our best threats going forward.

Sandison, Henderson, Currie all never had much time so not giving them ratings. Henderson looked fairly chicken hearted and jumped out of a lot of challenges. Sandison certainly got an earful from Kirk and Rankin for his less than energetic warm up 😂

As I’ve said, not many stood out. Surface probably to blame for it aswell as that’s the worst I’ve seen some of the young guys play in a while. Nice to see some familiar faces and a happy birthday to Mr Levein. A derby win over Hibs to put a wee smile on his face. 👍🏻

Spot on great post 👍🇱🇻