Burley backs Hearts to find boss

slfjambo

Burley backs Hearts to find boss

_44793087_georgeburley270.jpg Burley had a brief period in charge at Tynecastle

Scotland manager George Burley believes Hearts will have no trouble finding a new coach, despite a fruitless search so far this summer by his former club.

Talks have broken down with their latest target, former Stuttgart and Borussia Dortmund coach Jurgen Rober.

But Burley said: "I think, with any club, when managers change, sometimes it takes time to find the right one.

"Every time I go to Tynecastle, it's a great atmosphere, so I'm sure that they'll find a new manager very soon."

Burley left the Scottish Premier League club in 2005 after only four months in charge amid tensions with owner Vladimir Romanov.

And he says the new incumbent must be given freedom to select the team.

o.gif

"Every owner of a club has their own ideas," said Burley.

"When I was there, I always picked the team I felt was right and I think managers should be allowed to do that."

Motherwell's Mark McGhee rejected Hearts' approach earlier in the summer, while Vladimir Weiss chose instead to become the coach of Slovakia.

However, Burley stressed: "I think there's a lot of people interested in that job and, for me, it's a smashing club with a great fan base.

"Now pre-season's started, you want to get a squad of players and to get it right for the start of the season. I'm sure that'll get sorted out very soon."

Meanwhile, Hearts captain Christophe Berra is eager to see a new manager installed to allow the Edinburgh outfit to move forward.

o.gif

"Hopefully we will get a manager in soon and he can bring players in and influence his style on the team," the defender told the club's website.

"You can't really sign players without having a manager so that has to be a priority.

"If we can get stability on and off the pitch then I'm sure we can get back to the heights where we were a couple of years ago.

"Hearts is a great club and has developed a lot of good players. Given the right structure I'm sure that will continue to happen.

"I am sure the club is working hard to get a new manager and hopefully that will happen shortly and we can get a good pre-season in."

The pity is that we could not tempt him back to Tynecastle. There are rumours flying about in Glasgow that Burley is allegedly starting to be less than inspired by the Scotland job after the last out of old firm call offs.

Probably just keeping Vlad sweet in the unlikely event we can manage to have 4 players with a chance of making a Scotland squad in the foreseeable future. He'll be lucky.

alwaysthereinspirit
Probably just keeping Vlad sweet in the unlikely event we can manage to have 4 players with a chance of making a Scotland squad in the foreseeable future. He'll be lucky.

Chances. We'd need to have Scottish guys playing first.:sad:

The pity is that we could not tempt him back to Tynecastle. There are rumours flying about in Glasgow that Burley is allegedly starting to be less than inspired by the Scotland job after the last out of old firm call offs.

I certainly don't think he'll be the Scotland manager for long, mainly due to call offs and the fact he is more of a club manager. He'll probably hope to get a Premiership job out of doing well.

I certainly don't think he'll be the Scotland manager for long, mainly due to call offs and the fact he is more of a club manager. He'll probably hope to get a Premiership job out of doing well.

Maybe he just took the Scotland job to keep himself occupied 'til MadVlad beggars off and then come back when a new regime takes over!

LarrysRightFoot

As much as Vlad is doing my t*ts in just now its amazing how all the interviewees, McGhee, Weiss and Rober, have only had good things to say about him. Now Burley without specifically speaking about Romanov is making positive noises about us getting a manager and having huge potential.

In part it gives me hope and makes me think Vlad could yet turn this whole thing round if he just gives up on the idea of developing Kanuas players into superstars! I would have no problem with the idea, in theory, if the players were good or had potentail but they dont! Surley after what Rober has said he must realise this? surley? I mean after all surley he wants the club he owns to be successful, no matter where the players come from!

Good on George, he has only ever had good things to say about the club, will always be a hero to me for the way we started THAT season:)

Good on George, he has only ever had good things to say about the club, will always be a hero to me for the way we started THAT season:)
Aye he stayed long wi us eh :confused:

Jambo, Goodbye
Aye he stayed long wi us eh :confused:

It's not like he decided out of the blue he wanted to leave either :wacko:

eddie fenwick
As much as Vlad is doing my t*ts in just now its amazing how all the interviewees, McGhee, Weiss and Rober, have only had good things to say about him. Now Burley without specifically speaking about Romanov is making positive noises about us getting a manager and having huge potential.

In part it gives me hope and makes me think Vlad could yet turn this whole thing round if he just gives up on the idea of developing Kanuas players into superstars! I would have no problem with the idea, in theory, if the players were good or had potentail but they dont! Surley after what Rober has said he must realise this? surley? I mean after all surley he wants the club he owns to be successful, no matter where the players come from!

totally agree:cool:

Archived