Clare

Brauhauser2012

Hope he builds on that display on Sunday! Cracking lad and has talent. A very tough environment to play at Tynie when the fans don't take to you, but I really do feel that levein hasn't helped him by constantly picking him when he has been struggling for form. Also, chopping and changing his position all the time must be hard for him. 

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Spoleto

• kingantti1874

• GinRummy

5 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

A player’s confidence can be shattered by many different people.....just ask Vanecek!

A lot of things should be asked of Vanacek . Fitness , attitude , application etc

kingantti1874
7 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Sad state of affairs when the team he plays for own supporters have shattered the lads confidence in my opinion 

you think it would be any different at other clubs? I’d suggest management playing him week in week out in a team massively struggling would be more to blame. He hasn’t performed at anywhere near an acceptable level.. despite glimpses of talent.. which make it all the more frustrating 

7 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

you think it would be any different at other clubs? I’d suggest management playing him week in week out in a team massively struggling would be more to blame. He hasn’t performed at anywhere near an acceptable level.. despite glimpses of talent.. which make it all the more frustrating 

Spot on!!!!

I have never been SC's  No1 fan but fair play to him.  He has accepted that his performances have not been as good as they might be and that could possibly have been down to lack of confidence.  The point is he has taken a positive step in affort to remedy the problem and for that I salute him.  I hope for his sake and the team's that his action pays dividends.

33 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I have never been SC's  No1 fan but fair play to him.  He has accepted that his performances have not been as good as they might be and that could possibly have been down to lack of confidence.  The point is he has taken a positive step in affort to remedy the problem and for that I salute him.  I hope for his sake and the team's that his action pays dividends.

We all hope that as Hearts fans Al.

We have gone through a plethora of reasons for his poor performances over many months - hopefully he can turn it around now but I just can’t see it.

Alot of respect for him talking about what to all intents and purposes is a mental health issue. The pressures etc...and scrutiny. Not blaming people and talking about learning personally how to deal with it. 

Respect for speaking about it. Hopefully he can kick on performance wise too.

We have gone through a plethora of reasons for his poor performances over many months - hopefully he can turn it around now but I just can’t see it.

I can see it.

And I think most Hearts fans that watched his performance on Sunday saw it too.

Some of us have recognised it before now of course and refused to see him being made a scapegoat.

12 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

A player’s confidence can be shattered by many different people.....just ask Vanecek!

Good evening David.

Vanacek shattered his own confidence by being completely unprofessional.

pettigrewsstylist

Contract extension pse. Boys going to be worth big big bucks with a few more performances like Sunday.

12 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

I can see it.

Some of us have recognised it before now of course and refused to see him being made a scapegoat.

Scapegoat as in being blamed for the failure of others ? I’m not getting that at all Spoleto. Folk just don’t rate the boy based on his performances and application - He’s lucky Levein is there to take some of the heat off him. Fair play Sunday was a bit better from the lad but overall he’s simply been really poor. Why isn’t Michael Smith being used as a scapegoat ?

Who can say?

On Sunday however he did play better and with more commitment and if that's a result of his early consultations then that's good.

We'll just have to wait and see.

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, Spoleto said:

I can see it.

😂 - dont think anyone ever questioned his talent.. questioned his application and overall contribution.. he was one of our poorer players on Sunday btw. Largely anonymous as usual. 

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Who can say?

On Sunday however he did play better and with more commitment and if that's a result of his early consultations then that's good.

We'll just have to wait and see.

👍

I can see it.

You seem to suggest that his performance on Sunday was some sort of personal game winning, man of the match stuff!

It wasn’t - it was decent at best, however he has been so piss poor that anything resembling decent is viewed by roasters like you as a “told you so” cathartic moment!

59 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

😂 - dont think anyone ever questioned his talent.. questioned his application and overall contribution.. he was one of our poorer players on Sunday btw. Largely anonymous as usual. 

Spot on!

Jambo, Goodbye
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Exactly. One cross and three decent runs doesn't add up to much over 94 minutes played. Again, he just wasn't involved nearly enough. 

His critics have almost always agreed that "there's a player in there" but it's his application and workrate that people tend to single out. 

His workrate was criticised again on BT Sports last sunday by Robbo btw. Do people also think he's using a scapegoat? 

He did seem better though and I noticed a few times he was doing the right things off the ball. He needs to do more however, and those defending him no matter what need to look at exactly what he's doing that's drawing the criticism and address those points specifically. 

I think the issue is that the fans are now accepting that he will inevitably be in the starting line up most weeks despite a complete lack of contribution 80% of the time (I am being generous).  It's part of the overall problem.  A manager with tired tactics and poor team selections.  

4 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

I think the issue is that the fans are now accepting that he will inevitably be in the starting line up most weeks despite a complete lack of contribution 80% of the time (I am being generous).  It's part of the overall problem.  A manager with tired tactics and poor team selections.  

Who generally has six or seven first team players unavailable. Sunday being the perfect example.

Halkett, Souttar, Naismith, Walker, Washington, Haring and Damour.

Add Mulraney to that now...

1 hour ago, Rudolf said:

Who generally has six or seven first team players unavailable. Sunday being the perfect example.

And that's before you add Morrison, Garuccio and Wighton.

However, back on topic, he will be an asset if he shows much more desire and workrate.  Sunday was a wee bit nearer what we're looking for.

11 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

You clearly didn't watch the game. 

Ex member of the SaS
1 hour ago, Rudolf said:

A good manager gets the best from his players during adversity. Levein's tinkering with positions and tactics is to blame for most if not all the poor games in the last three years.

Edited by Ex member of the SaS

10 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Or read the numerous posts which have constantly questioned his talent 

kingantti1874
25 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

I clearly did, I clearly know more about what makes an effective footballer.  You probably thought Mehdi Taouil was great because he could do a step over ..

Edited by kingantti1874

We_are_the_Hearts

Watched him closely on Sunday and defo one of his biggest critics. Was his best game for a while. A few good crosses, tackles and direct runs. Worked more than normal. Only criticism is that a few times you could see he was maybe going to shirk the tracking, closing down then decided feck it! It was clear in the first half he was being told to tuck in so not his fault Barisic had acres.

20 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I clearly did, I clearly know more about what makes an effective footballer.  You probably thought Mehdi Taouil was great because he could do a step over ..

Leave Mehdi out of this you monster. He was coming on to a game before he got injured at ER in the 3-1 stormtroopers match

46 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Yes of course you do.

Your idea of an effective footballer is someone who runs around like a daftie for 90 minutes and walks off the pitch with a purple face.

2 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

A good manager gets the best from his players during adversity. Levein's tinkering with positions and tactics is to blame for most if not all the poor games in the last three years.

It's just as well he did that with with M Smith and the 2 FBs on Sunday.  Eh?

kingantti1874

Yes of course you do.

Your idea of an effective footballer is someone who runs around like a daftie for 90 minutes and walks off the pitch with a purple face.

For clare’s position - Someone who looks for the ball, makes nice effective runs, knows how to make space and play within it, knows when to pass and when to try and beat a man, and varies it up. has a bit of skill *, supports his forwards , isn’t a soft touch, generally just be an effective player.

* 1 out of 9 ain’t bad. 

2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

And that's before you add Morrison, Garuccio and Wighton.

However, back on topic, he will be an asset if he shows much more desire and workrate.  Sunday was a wee bit nearer what we're looking for.

A fair assessment - unlike some of the shite posted by our resident troll.....

50 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

For clare’s position - Someone who looks for the ball, makes nice effective runs, knows how to make space and play within it, knows when to pass and when to try and beat a man, and varies it up. has a bit of skill *, supports his forwards , isn’t a soft touch, generally just be an effective player.

* 1 out of 9 ain’t bad. 

Everything that he did on Sunday then.

kingantti1874
55 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Everything that he did on Sunday then.

your away with the fairies mate. 😂 he was better on Sunday.. but he certainly wasn’t good

Jambosteve1902
16 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Spot on!

other than Michael Smith who had a better game than Clare? 

Jambosteve1902
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

your away with the fairies mate. 😂 he was better on Sunday.. but he certainly wasn’t good

Al ask you same question, other than Michael Smith, who was better on sunday? was fouled constantly, won alot of tackles and interceptions gave ball away once notably and it cannoned off steven davis face so was well worth it. 

kingantti1874
11 minutes ago, Jambosteve1902 said:

Al ask you same question, other than Michael Smith, who was better on sunday? was fouled constantly, won alot of tackles and interceptions gave ball away once notably and it cannoned off steven davis face so was well worth it. 

Uche, Whelan, Meshinoright of the bat.. 

not really fair to compare to defenders or maybe even Whelan.. he was better than Mulraney I’ll give you that.  He started ok but didn’t sustain it 

Edited by kingantti1874

3 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

A fair assessment - unlike some of the shite posted by our resident troll.....

There's something not right CfS - you and I agreeing.  lol

46 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Uche, Whelan, Meshinoright of the bat.. 

not really fair to compare to defenders or maybe even Whelan.. he was better than Mulraney I’ll give you that.  He started ok but didn’t sustain it 

The truth is that they were all good. If you're thinking "he started ok but didn't sustain it" I think you're thinking of Meshino.

19 hours ago, Spoleto said:

I can see it.

Looking forward to him ripping pishy wee livvy big time on Saturday 

pettigrewsstylist
6 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

* 1 out of 9 ain’t bad. 

Accurate and real 👍another 30 starts before we judge the wee lamb tho.

kingantti1874
2 hours ago, Spoleto said:

The truth is that they were all good. If you're thinking "he started ok but didn't sustain it" I think you're thinking of Meshino.

meshino has contributed more in his handful of starts than Clare has in 50+ appearances..meshino is an entirely different class of player.

Edited by kingantti1874

23 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

meshino has contributed more in his handful of starts than Clare has in 50+ appearances..meshino is an entirely different class of player.

Absolutely 

3 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Which is why Man City signed him genius!

It doesn't negate the fact that he contributed little as the second half wore on.

5 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Looking forward to him ripping pishy wee livvy big time on Saturday 

I certainly hope so. 

The combination of Clare, Meshino and Uche is exciting.

8 hours ago, JamboAl said:

There's something not right CfS - you and I agreeing.  lol

I call it as I see it Al.

• 2 weeks later...

I just don’t see anything from Clare. He’s half hearted in his challenges, offers nothing going forward and appears to have no will to win. It’s so frustrating watching him jog around the pitch.

today, I did not see him touch the ball for the first half hour. For the second goal, he can see the 2 v 1 against Hickey but does nothing. For the third goal, he mistimes a jump for a header through poor judgment, is then ahead of the ball and out of commission to defend any attack. In the first half he slides in from miles off the ball and risks Beaton making the wrong decision. 

Just not in the right place. Return to England lower reaches. Still good living, but not here.

BRAVEHEART1874

He is just an  average  squad player but seems to get played every game?  He offers little like mulraney , boz , maclean, morrison, whighton, maclean and now I add aidy whyte think he is pretty poor much rather have hickey/gurruchio when fit there.  But not the worst out there today 

34 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Disgrace of a man. Should never wear the jersey again. A spineless shitebag.

Aye he is utter horseshite. No heart scared to shoot .Get rid he should be part of the inevitable clearout.