Come this Saturday

John Findlay

John Findlay

the NHS will be exactly sixty years old.

The vision free health care including dentistry and opticians from cradle to the grave. Now the last two have all but gone. Most have to pay for the eyes and teeth nowadays.

Will there be a NHS in sixty years time and if so who will be the beneficiaries?

Personally speaking I think not. Eventually there will be a brave politician who stands up and says. Great idea that it is/was we as a country can no longer afford it by taxation through national insurance.

John

Bordeaux 03

There was a fascinating stat on BBC today that only the Chinese Army, Walmart and the Indian State Railway employ more people than the NHS.

However it has sort of become a victim of it's own success where back in 1948 it wanted to improve the health of the nation which it has done so and now people are living much longer and as they get older they are putting a huge strain on the service.

I don't know the ins and outs of the problems it suffers today but i think people who can afford it should be encouraged to go private if they so wish, it won't make it an overnight success but will surely help a little.

Archived