Hickey

Innocent Eggboniki

Go to any team bar Man City for 2 million. Tic get their bit, then we get 30% sell on fee when one of the biggies (Man City or Utd; Spurs; etc) come in for him for £20m a few years down the line 🤞

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Lovecraft

• IveSeenTheLight

• Eno

The economics of football is so depressing... Partly because of that no-mark Bosman and partly due to the weak state of our league,  even an exceptional talent can slip away for beans after just a few months. We sold players for better money in the late 90s than we do now, yet our finances were a mess then.

Real Madrid have just released a player they signed from Man City - who never even played for them - for £22m during the summer! 

City can then go and buy a whole team of Aaron Hickey's with that money - it's insane.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7600885/Real-Madrid-sell-Brahim-Diaz-YEAR-signing-Manchester-City-22m.html

On 22/10/2019 at 13:24, SuperstarSteve said:

I’m where your at. 

£3million and chuck Celtic their £1million. 

18 month loan back and 20% sell on fee. 

Thats us earned roughly the same money as we got for osman and kyle in the one transfer. Albeit with hickey’s potential it really could/should be more if not for his contract situation. 

Majority of us atleast accept its more than likely he is gone and it won’t be for big big money  (unless contract situation changes) 

Problem is he is out of contract in the Summer and if he decides to move then it will be a development fee, which if he goes cross border will be very small. Even if he stays in Scotland  the fed is set by the SFA and will be very small. Forget the millions unless he signs a new deal which is looking less likely from what I have heard. Glasgow boy, maybe fancies going back West!

1 minute ago, Naisysback said:

Problem is he is out of contract in the Summer and if he decides to move then it will be a development fee, which if he goes cross border will be very small. Even if he stays in Scotland  the fed is set by the SFA and will be very small. Forget the millions unless he signs a new deal which is looking less likely from what I have heard. Glasgow boy, maybe fancies going back West!

You talking about Hickey?

Contract to May 2021

13 hours ago, Naisysback said:

🤔🤔🤔🤔 Pay attention at the back pleeease....

The Future's Maroon
9 hours ago, Section Q said:

Article below linking Hickey with Norwich quotes Robbo and attributes his words to John Robertson who played for Notts Forest.

Just goes to show we should treat these stories with a pinch of salt.

http://carrowroad.net/index.php?post=transfer-rumour-rising-hearts-star-on-norwichs-radar

Considering it is a teams fan website and not actually a journalist who penned that ‘article’ (with spelling mistakes), which is basically rehashing the original story from the Sun I wouldn’t be taking much notice.

In other words, for me anyway, made up shite to keep fans happy.

Captain Lithuania
9 hours ago, Section Q said:

Article below linking Hickey with Norwich quotes Robbo and attributes his words to John Robertson who played for Notts Forest.

http://carrowroad.net/index.php?post=transfer-rumour-rising-hearts-star-on-norwichs-radar

There is more than one John Robertson... funnily enough one played for Nottingham Forrest. 

On 22/10/2019 at 18:01, Baxfee said:

Go to any team bar Man City for 2 million. Tic get their bit, then we get 30% sell on fee when one of the biggies (Man City or Utd; Spurs; etc) come in for him for £20m a few years down the line 🤞

Free transfer to City with immediate loan back to us, no cash involved in Hickey deal so nothing to Celtic.

At the same time both clubs renegotiate the Meshino loan deal to include City paying hearts a 2.5m loan fee for developing Meshino.

8 hours ago, Ribble said:

Free transfer to City with immediate loan back to us, no cash involved in Hickey deal so nothing to Celtic.

At the same time both clubs renegotiate the Meshino loan deal to include City paying hearts a 2.5m loan fee for developing Meshino.

Jings man, I like your thinking 🤔 

WheatfieldWarrior
On 22/10/2019 at 13:37, Heriot_jambo said:

Hickey free transfer, sell maclean for £5 mill take both back on loan. Celtic get nothing we win, the sun shines bright again

I want 10M Minimum + add ons + percentage of next sale for Maclean.

Hate to be a pessimist but it seems clearer by the day that his dad hasn't the slightest intention of extending the contract.

Very much hope I'm wrong.

On 23/10/2019 at 21:54, Section Q said:

There was a John Robertson who played for Forest and Scotland, good player, was assistant to Martin O'Neil at Celtic too.

On 23/10/2019 at 21:54, Section Q said:

Way out with Hickey's age as well, say that he turns 18 in January yet I'm sure he was 16 in May during the cup final.  :unsure:

4 minutes ago, graygo said:

Way out with Hickey's age as well, say that he turns 18 in January yet I'm sure he was 16 in May during the cup final.  :unsure:

He turned 17 in the close season.

WheatfieldWarrior
1 minute ago, graygo said:

Quite, so not 18 in January as they reported.

It's June I think.

To count as an EPL 'Home Grown' player I think he needs to spend 3 years at an English club before his 21st birthday, so would need to move in the Jan window to meet those requirements.

Players that meet that criteria go for a lot more in terms of transfer fees.