• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Lovecraft

• IveSeenTheLight

• Eno

£5m with a sell on and loaned back to us would be a good deal

Probably dreaming though, but maybe Ewan Murray's pick in the Guardian piece on the top young players in the world has helped add a bit more value :D

IveSeenTheLight

First couple of games against us I didn’t see what all the hype was about.

He was just a bit meh.

In the cup game however, I thought he was a standout and actually seemed better on the right.

He’s definitely got a lot more potential that the boy Cochran’s you guys were shouting as the next big thing.

Think Andy Robertsons incredible rise has brought scottish footballers to the forefront. Shouldnt settle for less the 5m and a 20 percent sell on fee. 

1 minute ago, Eno said:

De Bruyne and Aguero swap deal or GTF

Aguero is getting on a bit.   Maybe Foden instead?

Plus, we already have enough forwards.

4 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

He was just a bit meh.

In the cup game however, I thought he was a standout and actually seemed better on the right.

He’s definitely got a lot more potential that the boy Cochran’s you guys were shouting as the next big thing.

Thanks

4 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

He was just a bit meh.

Funnily enough for us, he has been held back by Injuries.

Just now, Lovecraft said:

Aguero is getting on a bit.   Maybe Foden instead?

Plus, we already have enough forwards.

Haha. We would turn Aguero into a defensive midfielder, couldn't have someone scoring 1,2 or even 3 a game! It's just no us.....😂🤣

IveSeenTheLight
1 minute ago, Lovecraft said:

Funnily enough for us, he has been held back by Injuries.

That’s Maybe spared Cochrane.

I think he was probably thrust into the spotlight too early and for me could do with going on loan to a lower league team and gaining some much better experience.

Hickey looks very composed on the ball and played with far more maturity than his age in our last game against you.

If an epl teamwant him, they'll do it this season as he'll count as "homegrown" when he reaches 21.  A big sell on clause required as this fact will make his next move of a higher price. Epl teams pay way more for homegrown status

2 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I think he was probably thrust into the spotlight too early and for me could do with going on loan to a lower league team and gaining some much better experience.

Hickey looks very composed on the ball and played with far more maturity than his age in our last game against you.

That'll be why he's on loan at Dumfermline then....

2 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

He's at Dunfermline on loan now.

Dunno if he is getting game time though.

Being in the middle of the park instead of left or right back makes a big difference though.  Not to say Hickey still wouldn't flourish there, just that it's more noticeable if you have bad games, as that's where most matches are lost and won.

IveSeenTheLight
3 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

He's at Dunfermline on loan now.

Dunno if he is getting game time though.

Looks like he’s been sub 3 times and started twice, picking up a booking on both games he started.

6 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Looks like he’s been sub 3 times and started twice, picking up a booking on both games he started.

Thanks for that, LiveScore.

I think we’re all capable all reading the stats.

10 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Loved how Levein laughed off rankers paltry offer and commented how he's going to bid for Morelos.

Did they actually make an offer?

Thought this was just the usual weegie press trying to unnerve us before a game against either of the old firm as per.

5 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I would argue Cochrane getting bookings in a midfield role is a positive for him. Challenge is his stature. Sounds like he is getting stuck in. Think he’s getting settled in to the Dunfermline team and will prosper if he stays clear of injury. 

29 minutes ago, Eno said:

I would take this pair, but they would have to prove themselves in the reserves first!

1 minute ago, Eno said:

Did they actually make an offer?

Thought this was just the usual weegie press trying to unnerve us before a game against either of the old firm as per.

Maybe I should change my post to speculation. Despite the shite football I enjoyed reading Levein's reaction. Yes it's probably the Weegie press trying to unerve us.

Decent percentage sell on fee or better upfront transfer fee?

Always a difficult gamble....based on sods law we'll opt for the wrong one.

1.5 million plus loan back for next season and a 20% sell on clause. 

I'm not sure much more could be negotiated due to lack of experience. 

IveSeenTheLight
18 minutes ago, Zaba said:

Thanks for that, LiveScore.

I think we’re all capable all reading the stats.

Are you sure?

you couldn’t read that the post I responded where lovecraft wasn’t aware how he was doing., hence I looked up the stats and posted them.

Nevermind, it’s derailing the Hickey thread which should be all positive for him.

Selling him and getting him back on loan would be a good deal.

3 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Are you sure?

you couldn’t read that the post I responded where lovecraft wasn’t aware how he was doing., hence I looked up the stats and posted them.

Nevermind, it’s derailing the Hickey thread which should be all positive for him.

ignore him - some people on here are keyboard warriers

Bazzas right boot
50 minutes ago, Eno said:

Aguero is getting on a bit for a pro athlete in the top league. 

No thanks. 

SuperstarSteve

I think he will be sold  in January. It’s seems the best deal for himself, city and our club. 

Sold in January so he can be declared homegrown by city.

Loaned back untill end of season possibly next.

Which means we have another 6 months to a year and a half of him playing with us and in return hickeys is gaining vital first team experience aswell as getting a dream move. 

I expect the price he goes for (roughly £2-3million) and the 30% chunk that Celtic will receive is the only downside. 

Edited by SuperstarSteve

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

They'll want him now. 

In terms of European football and the rules folk will want him now. 

That 4 and 8 player thing 

Homegrown or trained at club , these clubs are desperate for these players tbh. 

Might drive the price up. 

Over £3m with a % sell on and loan back and I Think we'll talk. £1.5m is chicken feed tbh. 

If man City, Southampton etc are sniffing about £5m is not a lot. 

A wee bid war will help the price. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

10 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

Far more experience than others.Plays every game for us played in a Cup Final.You have guys down in Championship/league 1 in England that play about 4 games and get signed for 10m plus.

We seem to sell ourdelves short on players no wonder they bid pish amounts for them when our own fans don't even see worth.

17 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Would take £2.5M plus loaned back to us for 18 months. 

I think thats fair enough, maybe 3 if we are pushing it but 2.5 plus 18 months is reasonable, we need a sell on fee as well though because Celtic are currently getting 20% of any fee we make.

7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aguero is getting on a bit for a pro athlete in the top league. 

No thanks. 

Yep.  Exactly what I said    He will be 35 in 4 years FFS

14 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Are you sure?

Yep.  Cheers for the info.   I genuinely hadn't checked to see how he was getting on.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Yep.  Exactly what I said    He will be 35 in 4 years FFS

Finished at the top league level, even Scotland. 

🙄

1 hour ago, kila said:

£5m with a sell on and loaned back to us would be a good deal

Probably dreaming though, but maybe Ewan Murray's pick in the Guardian piece on the top young players in the world has helped add a bit more value :D

42 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Would take £2.5M plus loaned back to us for 18 months. 

Original story/ rumour was a 2 year loan deal which in practice could be 18 months. 

kingantti1874
49 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

The 1980’s are finished mate.. in England young players regularly trade for 8 figures.. saying that I’d take £5 and 20% sell on.. or if he makes more than 100 appearances another 5.  Sell on works best if he’s not going to a top top club

1 hour ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

He was just a bit meh.

Says the supporter of the team who bang on about that bombscare McKenna!

1 hour ago, Marvin said:

Maybe I should change my post to speculation. Despite the shite football I enjoyed reading Levein's reaction. Yes it's probably the Weegie press trying to unerve us.

👍

43 minutes ago, Mcalford said:

I think thats fair enough, maybe 3 if we are pushing it but 2.5 plus 18 months is reasonable, we need a sell on fee as well though because Celtic are currently getting 20% of any fee we make.

If we leave it till next summer then he is entering the last year of his contract I believe? It then becomes difficult to get a significant fee.

In the next couple months we either need to get him signed up to a 3 year deal or make a deal with Man City in January. 

Edited by TheOak88

10 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

The 1980’s are finished mate.. in England young players regularly trade for 8 figures.. saying that I’d take £5 and 20% sell on.. or if he makes more than 100 appearances another 5.  Sell on works best if he’s not going to a top top club

Got to be worth more than £5 surely. Even Celtic or Rangers would offer at least a tenner........😂😂

8 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

If we leave it till next summer then he is entering the last year of his contract I believe? It then becomes difficult to get a significant fee.

In the next couple months we either need to get him signed up to a 3 year deal or make a deal with Man City in January. 

You are aware we are currently in negotiations with him/his father trying to thrash out a deal?

1 hour ago, Marvin said:

Speculation came from the fact that they've just got Southamptons DOF and they'd been linked with Hickey

17 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

You are aware we are currently in negotiations with him/his father trying to thrash out a deal?

Yeah I am aware mate. But my point was they hold the cards. Either the new contract is agreed by end of Decembers or we off load him and take the money. 

4 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Yeah I am aware mate. But my point was they hold the cards. Either the new contract is agreed by end of Decembers or we off load him and take the money. 

I don't think it's as simple as that.  The £2m fee is only a rumour and If Man City know he's prevaricating, they may only offer say £500k.  Do we then stick or twist?

From his PoV, he may receive a serious injury and lose the lot.

Edited by JamboAl