*** Heart of Midlothian Match Thread v The Rangers ***

jambotony

GorgieRules22
6 hours ago, rick witter said:

No. I have given my ticket to a friend. I wonโ€™t be back at Tynecastle until Levein is gone. Which I hope will be soon. Will watch it on the couch.ย 

Hope you had a shite afternoon as mines was decent supporting my team ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• rick witter

24 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Haring and Morrison went down with flu yesterday. Otherwise he would have started. ย 

Haring felt a wee niggle after his second training session, according to CL on Radio Scotland.

I've just had a wee look at The Rangers forum, Bears Den. Hilarious stuff :D What a bunch of entitled spoiled brats and greeting weans they are. Car crash of a forum which appears to have little, if any, moderation.

portobellojambo1
29 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Haring and Morrison went down with flu yesterday. Otherwise he would have started. ย 

ย 

Unless Haring has got flu in the groin then that suggest he has two problems keeping him out at the moment, as he pulled up in training with a further twinge in his groin, which was why he wasn't going to be considered for today,

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

I've just had a wee look at The Rangers forum, Bears Den. Hilarious stuff :D What a bunch of entitled spoiled brats and greeting weans they are. Car crash of a forum which appears to have little, if any, moderation.

ย 

It's an eye opener.ย 

Happy with the point, unlucky not to win, tremendous shift put in by the team, but where has that performance been in previous games?

need more of that week in, week out, ย Livingston then St. Johnstone maximum points, if performance continues.ย 

HHGHย 

Jambof3tornado
48 minutes ago, RDSK said:

ย 

Mulraney left on crutches. Who had him in the sweep?

Did he kick the bottom of the guys foot? Was right in the corner and i sit middle of wheatfield so no clear view.

ย 

Very decent result todayย  but the performance was excellent. Hickey needs left in 1 position not shuffled around and made a few mistakes but thats what youth brings. Smith whelan clare uche berra excellent today. Ryo will never be visible for 90 minutes but love how he turns quickly to face the goal he is attacking.

Cory McNamara
32 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

ย 

The title driiiifts awaaaay

Where my dreams are over

How come you are not mine?

55 I can't absorb

Have to move to an English border

49 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Haring felt a wee niggle after his second training session, according to CL on Radio Scotland.

Believe me it was flu forย him and Morrison. According to a squad member.ย 

Could have had a niggle as well but there were real concerns overnight re more flu victims.ย 

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Believe me it was flu forย him and Morrison. According to a squad member.ย 

Could have had a niggle as well but there were real concerns overnight re more flu victims.ย 

๐Ÿ‘

41 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

ย 

Unless Haring has got flu in the groin then that suggest he has two problems keeping him out at the moment, as he pulled up in training with a further twinge in his groin, which was why he wasn't going to be considered for today,

He took part in training on Thursday.ย 

1 hour ago, Boof said:

Any way of getting it on here?

Sorry Boof took the dog out. Iv no idea how to get it on here i just put it in my group chat n popped it over to sir gio. Well worth watching A few times , really composed finish from the man from the Japan

1 hour ago, sadj said:

Sorry Boof took the dog out. Iv no idea how to get it on here i just put it in my group chat n popped it over to sir gio. Well worth watching A few times , really composed finish from the man from the Japan

ย 

No worries - should be highlights up soon.

Clare has annoyed me for a few weeks, but today we saw flashes of the player he could be. ย Perhaps the player that is seen regularly in training.

ย 

nice to have a goalie that commands his area.

ย 

smith was immense.

ย 

All in all a decent performance and didnโ€™t think Iโ€™d come away feeling slightly annoyed we got a draw. ย That level of determination has to be applied every week.

Tennant's  6's
7 minutes ago, Haken said:

That level of determination has to be applied every week.๏ปฟ๏ปฟ๏ปฟ

This in spades.

Tough couple of away games up next, but games that we should be looking to win.

Time will tell..

ย 

Didnโ€™t have any confidence but fair play to the team , they dug out a fine draw possibly couldโ€™ve won .ย 
Now can we get that commitment every game pleaseย 

portobellojambo1
2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

He took part in training on Thursday.ย 

ย 

I'm only passing on what I heard today, and the source of the information was one of the coaches (sure someone else on this thread has already said as well that Craig Levein also mentioned it when speaking to the TV, possibly before the game started). I know he had been training for part of this week, but it was a very late problem which kept him out. Maybe a good thing in a way, sometime possibly better to come across or pick up any additional problems before resuming playing rather than going on the field not 100% and ending up making things worse.

Edited by portobellojambo1

4 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

ย 

I'm only passing on what I heard today, and the source of the information was one of the coaches (sure someone else on this thread has already said as well that Craig Levein also mentioned it when speaking to the TV, possibly before the game started). I know he had been training for part of this week, but it was a very late problem which kept him out. Maybe a good thing in a way, sometime possibly better to come across or pick up any additional problems before resuming playing rather than going on the field not 100% and ending up making things worse.

Not doubting your comments at all. Could be that him and Morrison have also gone down with flu in last 24-48 hours. No injury reason for Morrisonโ€™s absence today, he trained on Friday.ย 

3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Likes of Walker and Haring are needed to keep the ball better.ย 

We will be a much better ball retention team when those two and Naismith are playing. Too many playing today are not great at ball retention eg Mulraney, Bozanic,

4 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

ย 

Good bet that was then.ย 

Aye lucky I'm not a betting man.ย  Hearts much better than I expected. Rangers worse than I expected.

Bazzas right boot

Rangers have struggled away from home a few times.ย 

The key isn't conceding early v them.ย 

ย 

We started really well and they never really got Into any rhythm, even after scoring.ย 

ย 

All roads lead to Gorgie

Uche's work rate up front and Smith's solidity at the back seemed to lift everyone today. The Goalie was safe and sure with everything coming his way too so well done everyone in maroon today.

2 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Uche's work rate up front and Smith's solidity at the back seemed to lift everyone today. The Goalie was safe and sure with everything coming his way too so well done everyone in maroon today.

ย 

We seem to get results when we play Smith at centre back.

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

ย 

Pretty sure he played there when we pumped Celtic 4-0 too.

Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

Pretty sure he played there when we pumped Celtic 4-0 too.

ย 

He did, that's exactly what sprung to mind.ย 

Firstly, the opposition. Rangers seemed a half yard too slow to do any real harm to us. ย Better in possession but done nothing to hurt us really. We did enough to snuff them out around our area. ย 

ย 

Us? ย It was about graft today. Whelan, Smith , Berra and Uche were stand outs. Whelan is starting to do a Naismith and get into team mates not stepping up or switching off to what they are meant to be doing.ย 

ย 

Generally a tough watch at times today. Pretty limited in our variety to find a way through Rangers in the 2nd half and the effort was what brought the pass marks, which is fair enough in our predicament. ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

I wonder when was the last time Hearts contained either of the ugly sisters to a single attempt on target?

ย 

This was not just down to graft (although that helps), the players played well and some of the play was excellent at times.

Bazzas right boot
32 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Firstly, the opposition. Rangers seemed a half yard too slow to do any real harm to us. ย Better in possession but done nothing to hurt us really. We did enough to snuff them out around our area. ย 

ย 

Us? ย It was about graft today. Whelan, Smith , Berra and Uche were stand outs. Whelan is starting to do a Naismith and get into team mates not stepping up or switching off to what they are meant to be doing.ย 

ย 

Generally a tough watch at times today. Pretty limited in our variety to find a way through Rangers in the 2nd half and the effort was what brought the pass marks, which is fair enough in our predicament. ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Fair appraisal.ย 

ย 

Dare I say it...ย 

Rangers looked a bit like us v a lot of teams at home recently.ย 

ย 

Conceded, looked a bit rattled.ย 

Lots of possession, not much pace or creativity.ย 

ย 

They scored tho and got the draw!ย 

ย 

The goal apart I thought we defended very well today. The big issue is still the lack of an attacking midfielder who makes late runs into the box - we desperately need Naismith and Haring back fit. Uche was a real handful for their defenders but he often found himself out in wide areas and when balls were played into the area there was no one there to get on the end of them.

3 hours ago, Smithee said:

ย 

Think we could play smith anywhere he is the best player at the clubย 

jamboinglasgow
5 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

We will be a much better ball retention team when those two and Naismith are playing. Too many playing today are not great at ball retention eg Mulraney, Bozanic,

ย 

Wonder what the latest is on Naismith coming back. I do think with Haring and Whelan, sitting behind a 3 of Walker, Naismith and Meshino would look a very strong midfield.

Much much better performance and well done to the team.

ย 

Heard some say Rangers werenโ€™t as good as they can play but I think a lot of that was down to the fact we got in their faces, pressed the ball, defended well and had a real go THROUGHOUT the whole gameย 

ย 

We need this consistency against the lesser and smaller teams in the league as well.ย 

ย 

Teams like St midden, Hamilton, hubs etcย 

ย 

Really happy with that and although I have been tanking into CL recently he deserves praise for having the balls to set them up and have a go today given it would have been easier for him to play for the drawย 

ย 

Now to go on a wee run and this should give as the confidence to do soย 

1 hour ago, NB GIN said:

Think we could play smith anywhere he is the best player at the clubย 

ย 

I tend to agree, I can't remember a more versatile and consistent player since Tam Flogel,ย although we haven't tried Smith up front yet.ย  Could he yet be the answer to our goal scoring problems?ย 

On 20/10/2019 at 18:44, 3fingersreid said:

Didnโ€™t have any confidence but fair play to the team , they dug out a fine draw possibly couldโ€™ve won .ย 
Now can we get that commitment every game pleaseย 

Yes, hoping the corner may be turnedย  where commitmentย  was shown in abundance,, especially from Berra smith and uche,with flashes from Ryo ...with a few due back ,things may be starting to look up....ย ย