• GinRummy

• rick witter

Bazzas right boot
27 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

“Hearts penalty, Newco on the break”

😂😂😂

EasternRossco
3 minutes ago, grumpyespana said:

Great effort lads it was good to see us playing a back four again with Smith outstanding, still think Jake & Sean were passengers today again and apart from his goal the young Japanese lad struggled a bit as well.

Harsh, I thought Clare had a decent game. That turn 🤤

VagabondJambo

I am so proud of my team this afternoon!  For much of the match, we showed fight, defended well, and gave Rangers problems.  Not particularly an Uche fan, however he was immense - and so was Smith.  No failures, no disappointing performances, everyone played a part (yes, folks, that includes Clare - for goodness sake, stop the undeserved barracking!).  Yes, Hickey was a bit raw first half, but more comfortable second half.
Love Meshino, and know he will be important for us as we climb the league.  We will!  Let’s move on from the past and get behind the boys in maroon!

Just now, JFK-1 said:

Thing is the others don't come out and play like they do and breaking them down is often a problem for even the OF.

Fair point. I was more thinking of the organisation/attitude angle but Craig Levein should know by now what's required to break teams down. 

Don't want to get all Levein in/oot, however; rather just be content that he got a performance out of them today and hope that maybe, just maybe, he can repeat it next week. :)

jamboinglasgow

Great performance by us, me made Rangers look ordinary. Players responding well to the criticism after the Kilarmnock game.

Its funny I was dreading this game, felt all the signs were pointing to a Rangers hammering, but we showed first half how to get up for a game. Looking back now at our last 5 games, we have gone undefeated against Hibs, Aberdeen and Rangers. I would argue that we have improved over the 5 games (though Kilmarnock was an awful performance.) Still much to do be finally back going the right direction. Next two games need to show that the Rangers performance was not a one off.

Not advocating him as Levein's successor but, not for the first time, I was impressed by Neil McCann's reading of the game and his insight. Would not object to him being in the coaching team. 

The Goalscoring Knee

All the better for putting Hubz underneath us again (I know it 's like two bald men fighting over a comb - but given most were expecting a thumping, I'll take every positive that's going)

1 minute ago, The Goalscoring Knee said:

All the better for putting Hubz underneath us again (I know it 's like two bald men fighting over a comb - but given most were expecting a thumping, I'll take every positive that's going)

You're not wrong. It's all about Hearts, of course, but things would be even gloomier if they were thriving. Much better weekend for us despite the same point won. 

10 minutes ago, EasternRossco said:

Harsh, I thought Clare had a decent game. That turn 🤤

Agree.

Couple of moments he could have been stronger but much better today.

The Future's Maroon
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Posters that go missing when we are winning or score then post rabidly when things go wrong should be ignored. 

There's a few on here. 

Lots of folk active on here go missing when we score or win. 

Doesn't happen often enough tho... 😒

Spot on, even the absence of some already show them up for what they are.

No, we didn’t win today but perform like that every week and we will make top six easily, some can’t see that and will continue to have a go.

Some of the comments aimed a White are horrific, “made of glass”? He prob got a broken nose/concussion from that baw in the face but he is a “shocking signing”...Jesus wept.

I take heart from today’s showing but as Berra said at the end, we need to do it week in week out, not just the ’big’ games.

Haring, Souttar, Walker and Naismith to return.

Onwards and upwards.

Edited by The Future's Maroon

Forever Hearts
8 minutes ago, martoon said:

Not advocating him as Levein's successor but, not for the first time, I was impressed by Neil McCann's reading of the game and his insight. Would not object to him being in the coaching team. 

What media outlet was McCann on? The game was on BT Sport. 

Just now, Forever Hearts said:

What media outlet was McCann on? The game was on BT Sport. 

Sportsound. 

Good to see some fight back in the team.

Both goalies could have went home.

Today proved that injuries IS A Poor excuse.

Hickey is a better left back than right back.

Smith was excellent.

Rangers were there for the taking today.

chester copperpot
11 minutes ago, The Goalscoring Knee said:

Screenshot_20191020-142214_BBC Sport.jpg

portobellojambo1

Went more in hope than any sort of expectation but pleased to get a point out of that game and by the performances of a few, especially Michael Smith, who was man of the match by a distance. Might have ended up even better if we had more to offer up front, but after a very good 25/30 minutes we sat off them a little bit towards the end of the 1st half. The 2nd half was more even and we deserved a point at least. Still think we are weak in one or two positions, once again today I thought both Mulraney and Clare could have offered a lot more. But what we have to do is build on today, it is probably more important that we get points off both Livingston and St Johnstone to start going in the right direction.

Edited by portobellojambo1

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Clare was fine Mulraney invisible. Lost the midfield for the middle part of the game but finished comfortably. 

Bigger pitch we need those couple of bodies in

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

This is it. 

The team is absolutely ****ed atm. 

No excuse for general form but ****ing hell, it's ghastly. 

Brilliant performance then 

4 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Went more in hope than any sort of expectation but pleased to get a point out of that game and by the performances of a few, especially Michael Smith, who was man of the match by a distance. Might have ended up even better if we had more to offer up front, but after a very good 25/30 minutes we sat off them a little bit towards the end of the 1st half. The 2nd half was more even and we deserved a point at least. Still think we are weak in one or two positions, once again today I thought both Mulraney and Clare could have offered a lot more. But what we have to do is build on today, it is probably more important that we get points off both Livingston and St Johnstone to start going in the right direction.

Good balanced view.

And agree that regular points moving forward are essential for our upward trajectory. I think we will get some good confidence from today. As remember, The Rangers have been spanking other teams this season.

3 hours ago, jkbam said:

Horrible lineup. If that is 3 at the back again, did Levein no watch the first half against Killie? If i was a betting man id give rangers -3 goals and still win.  

Good bet that was then. 

Just now, JamboAndrew said:

Good balanced view.

And agree that regular points moving forward are essential for our upward trajectory. I think we will get some good confidence from today. As remember, The Rangers have been spanking other teams this season.

Hope  you’re right. Rangers weren’t great today but a lot of that down to the fight we showed.

3 hours ago, Robert Lazar said:

Kent on the bench, 

Might only be 4-0 folks

At least he never got injured. Better luck next game. You'll need to play better in semi. 

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Good to see some fight back in the team.

Both goalies could have went home.

Today proved that injuries IS A Poor excuse.

Hickey is a better left back than right back.

Smith was excellent.

Rangers were there for the taking today.

Missing your best players over the long term isn't an excuse. 

It by definition makes the team worse over that term Ffs. 

pettigrewsstylist

We will need 2 goals to win the vast majority of matches. 1-1 draws against OF are acceptable and good in current climate. We need goals tho to climb that table away from danger.

14 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Clare was fine Mulraney invisible. Lost the midfield for the middle part of the game but finished comfortably. 

Bigger pitch we need those couple of bodies in

Mulraney left on crutches. Who had him in the sweep?

pettigrewsstylist
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

People who are never/rarely  available long term, cannot, arguably, be considered your "best players" at all.

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I'd agree in general, but I'll give Mulraney credit for keeping Tarvenier quiet. 

He could have done more in an attacking sense but "Tav" is one of their best attacking options and it helpef us nullify rangers threat there almost completely. 

Clare wasn't bad, but looks lost somtimes. 

Won lots of tackles, put in a shift and had a couple of lovely bits of skill. 

Still lacks confidence tho and positionaly poor. 

They brought on Defoe, Kent and Stewart. 

Our injuries not only hamper our first team but our ability to freshen it up during the match. 

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Hope  you’re right. Rangers weren’t great today but a lot of that down to the fight we showed.

Totally agree. I felt a lot of when The Rangers werent great, it was down to our players getting in about them.

Please Hearts, please do this every week now.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, pettigrewsstylist said:

People who are never/rarely  available long term, cannot, arguably, be considered your "best players" at all.

Some only signed in the summer.... 

Not argueing, anybody in football will say injuries affects your team. 

You think not. OK. 

1 minute ago, JamboAndrew said:

Totally agree. I felt a lot of when The Rangers werent great, it was down to our players getting in about them.

Here’s hoping. 

Livi will be an entirely different proposition who will batter and kick everything that comes in kicking range. Everything except the ball that is.

And that's not uncommon in this league which is exactly why having a bit of a superiority in quality isn't always going to be the key.

Quality needs football being played to impose that superiority and football isn't what's played by the bulk of the SPL. Keep in mind one half of the OF got a narrow win there while the other half lost there so today is no indication of how that will play out.

They both have a vast superiority in quality yet against that type of opposition it just doesn't always get the desired result.  

Just now, JamboAndrew said:

We did well, because what we did first 20 minutes isn't sustainable. We adapted it to keep some pressure on.

Just a lack of quality in the end, from both sides. 

4 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Bozanic = Levein playing for a draw at best.

All the Haring chat just pissing in the wind again.  Looks like the theme this week is how many left backs we can fit into one team.

Haring and Morrison went down with flu yesterday. Otherwise he would have started.  

27 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Good summary of the game. Hopefully today puts an end to any temptation to play 3 at the back again, a 4 is much easier for players to understand and it means we have 4 out and out defenders playing in defence. 

Today showed that setting up in a formation that is understood, putting in the effort and having a go (first half) should enable us to compete with any team in the league. Using injured players as a crutch breeds negativity as you are undermining the players on the park. A good point but a really cheap goal from a set piece again. 

The next 2 games present very different challenges. We have to go out and look for the win on Wednesday and take that momentum to Livingston which will be a tough game. Better today undoubtedly but we need to build on this point and go on a little run in the league. 

Edited by Jodami

21 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

But the players that do play are not that bad.

Well I didn't go today, could not stand the bigotfest plus I thought we would get humped rotten. Just shows what I know maybe I should stay away more 😂....really pleased as it seemed a battling performance , serves me right for doubting the team , will know better next time,  HHGH!!.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Gambo said:

But the players that do play are not that bad.

Yeah, but over a long term it has various negative effects, especially when the numbers are so many. 

It's not one or two.

It's easily 3/4 starters with the same number that would be in an about the side.